- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- Phylum: Mollusca () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758) Cuvier, 1795 - Molluscs
- Superphylum: Eutrochozoa ()
- Infrakingdom: Lophotrochozoa ()
- Branch: Protostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Members of the genus Nucula
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 16 species and subspecies in this genus:
N. aegeensis (Aegean Nutclam) · N. atacellana (Cancellate Nutclam) · N. calcicola (Reef Nutclam) · N. calcicola calcicola (Reef Nutclam) · N. carlottensis (Charlotte Nutclam) · N. castrensis (Spotted Leporinus) · N. crenulata (Crenulate Nutclam) · N. cyrenoides (One-Striped African Characin) · N. delphinodonta (Dolphintooth Nutclam) · N. exigua (Iridescent Nutclam) · N. groenlandica (Greenland Nutclam) · N. lyalli (Utah Chub) · N. nucleus (Nuclear Nut Clam) · N. paulula (Pirambeba) · N. portlandica (Northern Hog Sucker) · N. proxima proxima (Atlantic Nutclam)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... Catalogue of the marine Invertebrata of eastern Canada. By J. F. Whiteaves. .. Ottawa, Printed by S. E. Dawson, 1901. url p. 125.
- A check-list of the mollusca of Tasmania, by W.L. May. Issued 1921. Tasmania, J. Vail, government printer url p. 7.
- A history of British Mollusca and their shells / by Edward Forbes and Sylvanus Hanley. London: J. Van Voorst, 1853. url p. 227, p. 227.
- A history of the fishes of Massachusetts / by David Humphreys Storer. Boston: Dakin & Metcalf, 1867. url p. 99.
- A history of the molluscous animals of the counties of Aberdeen, Kincardine and Banff, to which is appended an account of the cirripedal animals of the same district / by William Macgillivray Aberdeen: Cunninghan and Mortimer; 1843 url p. 208, p. 245, p. 9.
- A monograph of the Crag Mollusca: with descriptions of shells from the upper Tertiaries of the British Isles / by Searles V. Wood. London: Printed for the Palæontographical society, 1848-82. url p. 88, p. 92.
- A monograph of the Crag Mollusca; with descriptipns of shells from the upper Tertiaries of the British Isles, by Searles V. Wood. London, Printed for the Palaeontographical Society, 1848-1882. url p. 88, p. 92.
- A monograph of the Crag mollusca; or, Descriptions of shells from the middle and upper Tertiaries of the east of England / by Searles V. Wood. London, Palaeontographical Society, 1848-1874. url p. 88.
- American marine conchology, or, Descriptions of the shells of the Atlantic coast of the United States from Maine to Florida / by George W. Tryon, Jr. Philadelphia: Published by the Author, [1873-1874] url p. 181.
- American marine conchology: or, Descriptions of the shells of the Atlantic coast of the United States from Maine to Florida / by George W. Tryon, Jr. Philadelphia: The author,  url p. 181.
- Bibliographic index of American Ordovician and Silurian fossils, by Ray S. Bassler. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1915. url p. 859.
- Bibliography of North American conchology previous to the year 1860: prepared for the Smithsonian Institution / by W. G. Binney. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1863-1864. url p. 42, p. 618, p. 63.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 247, p. 859.
- Contributions to Canadian biology. Toronto, Biological Board of Canada. url p. 282, p. 81.
- History of British animals / by John Fleming. Edinburgh: Bell & Bradfute; 1828. url p. 404.
- History of the molluscous animals of Scotland, . .. London, 1844. url p. 208, p. 208, p. 245, p. 245, p. 9, p. 9.
- Illustrated index of British shells: containing figures of all the recent species, with names and other information / G.B. Sowerby. 1859 London: Simpkin, Marshall, and Co., and the Author, 1859. url plate text VIII.
- Illustrations of the conchology of Great Britain and Ireland: with the description and localities of all the species, marine, land, and fresh water / drawn from nature by Captain Thomas Brown. Manchester: Ainsworth & Sons. ..; [1837-1844] url p. 137, p. 142, p. 84.
- Illustrations of the fossil conchology of Great Britain and Ireland: with the description and localities of all the species / by Captain Thomas Brown. London: Smith, Elder, 1849. url p. 188.
- Illustrations of the recent conchology of Great Britain and Ireland, with the description and localities of all the species, marine, land, and fresh water. Drawn and coloured from nature, by Captain Thomas Brown. .. London, Smith, Elder, and Co.; [etc., etc.]1844. url p. 137, p. 142, p. 84.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. LondonPublished for the International Council by the Royal Society of London1901-1920 url p. 253.
- Journal of the Essex County natural history society; containing various communications to the society. [v. 1, no. 1-3; 1836-52]. Salem, Printed for the Society by W. Ives & Co., 1852. url .
- Manual of the natural history, geology and physics of Greenland and the neighbouring regions / prepared for the use of the Arctic expedition of 1875, under the direction of the Arctic Committee of the London: Printed for H.M.S.O., 1875. url .
- Memoirs: Australian Museum. Sydney: The Museum, 1851- url p. 291.
- Molluscorum Britanniæ synopsis: A synopsis of the Mollusca of Great Britain / By William Elford Leach. London, J. van Voorst, 1852. url p. 282.
- Monograph of the Palaeontographical Society. London: Printed for the Palaeontographical Society, [1847?- url , .
- Monograph of the family Nuculidæ forming the Lamarckian genus Nucula / by Sylvanus Hanley. S.l.: s.n., 1860? url p. 69.
- Natural history of New York. Albany: D. Appleton: 1842-1894. url p. 263.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url p. 435.
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of Victoria. Melbourne: The Society, 1889- url p. 237.
- Report on the Invertebrata of Massachusetts / published agreeably to an order of the Legislature. Boston: Wright and Potter, state printers, 1870. url p. 161, p. 164.
- Report on the conditions of the sea fisheries of the south coast of New England / United States Commission of Fish and Fisheries. Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1873. url p. 690.
- Report on the invertebrata of Massachusetts: comprising the Mollusca, Crustacea, Annelida, and Radiata / [by Augustus A. Gould] Cambridge: Folsom, Wells, and Thurston, 1841 url p. 101, p. 103.
- Report upon the invertebrate animals of Vineyard Sound and adjacent waters: with an account of the physical features of the region / by A.E. Verrill and S.T. Smith. Washington: G.P.O., 1874. url p. 396.
- Shells of Maine. A catalogue of the land, fresh-water and marine Mollusca of Maine, by Norman Wallace Lermond. Thomaston, Me., pref. 1908 url p. 6.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 9 1869 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 42, p. 618, p. 63.
- Systematic lists illustrative of the Flora, Fauna, Palaeontology, and Archaeology of the North of Ireland / Belfast: Printed for the Club, 1870-1906. url p. 65.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 22, p. 23, p. 237, p. 333.
- The Canadian naturalist and geologist. Montreal: B. Dawson, 1856-1868. url p. 407.
- The Magazine of natural history / conducted by Edward Charlesworth. [S.l.: s.n.], url p. 298.
- The Malacological and conchological magazine. London: G.B. Sowerby, 1838-39. url p. 41.
- The Quarterly journal of the Geological Society of London. London [etc.] url p. 110.
- The conchologist's first book, or, A system of testaceous malachology, arranged expressly for the use of schools: in which the animals, according to Cuvier, are given with the shells, and a great number of new species added: with colored illustrations of two hundred and fifteen shells, presenting a correct type Philadelphia: Barrington and Haswell, 1845. url p. 64.
- Thesaurus conchyliorum, or, Monographs of genera of shells / edited by G.B. Sowerby, Jun., F.L.S. London: Sowerby. .., 1847-1887. url .
- Transactions of the Geological Society. London: [The Society], 1811-1856. url p. 155.
- Zoology of New York; or, The New York Fauna; comprising detailed descriptions of all the animals hitherto observed within the state of New York, with brief notices of those occasionally found near its borders, and accompa by James E. De Kay. Albany: W. & A. White & J. Visscher: 1842-44. url p. 263.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 16, 2012.