Typically found in the intertidal zone at the water's edge at a mean distance from sea level of -10 meters (-34 feet).
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 24-Jun-1996
Members of the genus Nephtys
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 1 species and subspecies in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- Allan Hancock Pacific expeditions. [Reports] Los Angeles, University of Southern California Press. url p. 103, p. 105, p. 106, p. 86, p. 92.
- Benthic community response to dredging borrow pits, Panama City Beach, Florida / by Carl H. Saloman, Steven P. Naughton, and John L. Taylor; prepared for U.S. Army, Corps of Engineers, Coastal Engineering Research Center. Fort Belvoir, Va.: National Technical Information Service, [distributor, 1982] url p. 52, p. 55.
- Buzzards Bay Disposal Site Baseline Study, March 1990 / submitted to: Regulatory Branch, New England Division, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; submitted by: Science Applications International Corporation. Waltham, MA: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, New England Division, 1991. url , .
- Fishery bulletin / U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Marine Fisheries Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service: url p. 209, p. 214, p. 216, p. 217, p. 220, p. 479.
- Fishery circular / U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Fisheries. [Washington]: The Bureau, 1931-1939. url , p. 43.
- Georges Bank benthic infauna monitoring program: final report for second year of sampling (July, 1982-May, 1983) / [Nancy Maciolek-Blake. .. et al.] Washington, D.C.: Prepared for U.S. Dept. of Interior, Minerals Management Service by Battelle New England Research Laboratory and Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, 1984. url , .
- Keys to marine invertebrates of the Woods Hole region: a manual for the identification of the more common marine invertebrates / compiled by Ralph I. Smith with the assistance of many other contributors. Woods Hole, Mass.: Systematics-Ecology Program, Marine Biological Laboratory, 1964. url p. 70.
- Long-term effects of beach nourishment on the benthic fauna of Panama City Beach, Florida / by J.K. Culter and S. Mahadevan; prepared for U.S. Army, Corps of Engineers, Coastal Engineering Research Center. Fort Belvoir, Va.: Coastal Engineering Research Center; 1982] url p. 33, p. 38, p. 63, p. 76, p. 77, p. 79.
- Monitoring surveys at the New London disposal site, August 1985-July 1986 / submitted to: Regulatory Branch, New England Division, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; submitted by: J.H. Parker, E.C. Revelas [of] Science Applications International Corporation. Waltham, MA: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, New England Division, 1989. url , , .
- NOAA technical report NMFS SSRF. Seattle, Wash.: National Marine Fisheries Service; url p. 1, p. 5, p. 6, p. 7.
- Oxygen depletion and associated benthic mortalities in New York Bight, 1976 / editors, R. Lawrence Swanson, Carl J. Sindermann. Rockville, Md.: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration; 1979. url p. 290.
- Polychaetous annelids and benthic environments in Tampa Bay, Florida. 1971. url p. 1019, p. 1028, p. 1030, p. 1048, p. 1072, p. 1076, p. 1109, p. 1130, p. 277, p. 288, p. 290, p. 291, p. 757, p. 766, p. 819, p. 871, p. 883, p. 888, p. 890, p. 892, p. 894, p. 899, p. 910, p. 911, p. 914, p. 918, p. 919, p. 920, p. 922, p. 924, p. 926, p. 931, p. 932.
- The benthic fauna and sediments of the nearshore zone off Panama City Beach, Florida / by Carl H. Saloman. Fort Belvoir, Va.: U.S. Coastal Engineering Research Center, 1976. url p. 77.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 16, 2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed February 28, 2008. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from provider.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal February 28, 2008:
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: Atlantic Reference Centre (OBIS Canada)
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: Bay of Fundy Species List (OBIS Canada)
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: EPA'S EMAP Database
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: NBI
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: NOAA HML Tidal Creek Database
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2551259
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-66030
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 14384372
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 66030
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 503531