Typically found in the intertidal zone at the water's edge at a mean distance from sea level of 49 meters (162 feet).
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- A.M.A. Aguinaldo et al., 1997 ex T. Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Latreille, 1829
- Snodgrass, 1938
- Heymons, 1901
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- Order: Diptera () - C. Linnaeus, 1758
- Superorder: Panorpida ()
- Infraclass: Pterygota ()
- Subclass: Dicondylia ()
- Class: Insecta () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - Insects
- Epiclass: Hexapoda ()
- Superclass: Panhexapoda ()
- Infraphylum: Atelocerata () - Heymons, 1901
- Subphylum: Mandibulata () - Snodgrass, 1938
- Phylum: Arthropoda () - Latreille, 1829 - Arthropods
- Superphylum: Panarthropoda () - Cuvier
- Infrakingdom: Ecdysozoa () - A.M.A. Aguinaldo et al., 1997 ex T. Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Protostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 2001
Members of the genus Nemotelus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 0 species and subspecies in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 442.
- A survey and record of Woolwich and West Kent containing descriptions and records, brought up-to-date, of geology, botany, zoology, archaeology and industries of the district, with a brief photographic commentary, in commemoration of the 12th Ann General editors, C.H. Grinling, T.A. Ingram [and] B.C. Polkinghorne. Woolwich: Labour Representation Print. Co., 1909. url p. 422.
- A systematic catalogue of British insects: being an attempt to arrange all the hitherto discovered indigenous insects in accordance with their natural affinities. London: Baldwin and Cradock, 1829. url p. 275.
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 6.
- Annual report of the State Entomologist of Minnesota to the Governor for the year. .. St. Anthony Park, Minn.: Agricultural Experiment Station, 1903-1916. url p. 120.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 423, p. 612, p. 613, p. 643.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url , , .
- Handbook to the natural history of Cambridgeshire, ed. by J.E. Marr. .. and A.E. Shipley. .. Cambridge, University press, 1904. url p. 176.
- Insecta britannica. Diptera. London, Reeve and Benham, 1851-56. url p. 316.
- List of the specimens of dipterous insects in the collection of the British museum. London: Printed by order of the Trustees, 1848-55. url p. 314, p. 315, p. 520, p. 80.
- Proceedings and transactions of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London: The Society. url p. 116, p. 46.
- Statiomyidae and succeeding families of the Diptera Brachycera of Great Britain / by G. H. Verrall; drawings of J. E. Collin. [London: Gurney & Jackson, ]1909. url p. 114, p. 115, p. 120, p. 121, p. 82.
- Systematic database of Musca names (Diptera): a catalog of names associated with the genus-group name Musca Linnaeus, with information on their classification, distribution, and documentation / Koenigstein: Koeltz Scientific Books, 1993 url p. 129.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url , , p. 160, p. 186, p. 92.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url p. 141.
- The Entomologist. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., [1877- url p. 72.
- The Naturalist. 1898 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 159, p. 267.
- The book of the fly, a nature study of the house-fly and its kin, the fly plague and a cure, with an Introduction by Halford Ross. London, Heinemann url p. 98.
- The entomologist's useful compendium, or An introduction to the knowledge of British insects: comprising the best means of obtaining and preserving them, and a description of the apparatus generally used; together with the genera of Linné, and the modern method of arranging the classes Crustac by George Samouelle. London: Printed for Thomas Boys, No. 7, Ludgate Hall, 1819 url p. 387.
- The natural history of British insects: explaining them in their several states, with the periods of their transformations, their food, œconomy, &c. together with the history of such minute insects as require investigation by the microscope by E. Donovan. London: Printed for the author, and for F. and C. Rivington, 1792-1813. url .
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Newcastle-upon-Tyne [et al.]F. & W. Dodsworth [et al.]1865/67-1973. url .
- Typical flies; a photographic atlas, by E. K. Pearce. .. Second series. Cambridge: University press, 1921. url p. 10.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 16, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 25, 2007:
- NLBIF, Limnodata
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Diptera
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Biological Records Centre - Brachycera
- records from Britain and Ireland to 1990
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Natural England - Invertebrate Site Register - England.
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2951960
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: Dip-133655
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 4490920
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 628056
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 658933