Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Afrikaans:
Common Names in Albanian:
Common Names in Armenian:
[spitak Khaghttnik ]
Common Names in Asturian:
Common Names in Azerbaijani:
Common Names in Basque:
Common Names in Breton:
Ar Gannerez C
Common Names in Catalan:
Common Names in Chinese:
Common Names in Cornish:
Common Names in Croatian:
Common Names in Czech:
Common Names in Danish:
Common Names in Dutch:
Rouwkkwikstaart, Witte Kwikstaart
Common Names in English:
Pied Wagtail and White Wagtail, British Pied-Wagtail, European White Wagtail, pied, Pied Wagtail, Swinhoe's wagtail, White Pied Wagtail, White Wagtail
Common Names in Esperanto:
Common Names in Estonian:
Common Names in Faroese:
Common Names in French:
Bergeronette D'yarrell, Bergeronnette de Yarrell, Bergeronnette grise
Common Names in Frisian:
Common Names in Gaelic, Irish:
Breac an T-S
Common Names in Galician:
Cuereta Blanca, Lavandeira Branca
Common Names in German:
Common Names in Hebrew:
Common Names in Hungarian:
Common Names in Icelandic:
Common Names in Irish:
Common Names in Italian:
Common Names in Japanese:
Common Names in Latin:
Motacila alba, Motacilla alba
Common Names in Latvian:
Common Names in Lithuanian:
Common Names in Malay:
Common Names in Maltese:
Common Names in Manx:
Skibbag Vane, U.S.A.ag Vreck
Common Names in Northern Sami:
Common Names in Norwegian:
Common Names in Polish:
Pliszka Brytyjska, Pliszka G, Pliszka Siwa
Common Names in Portuguese:
Common Names in Romansh:
Common Names in Russian:
Belaya Tryasoguzka, Белая трясогузка, Трясогузка белая
Common Names in Scots:
Breac an T-Sil
Common Names in Serbian:
Bela Pliska, Bijela Pliska
Common Names in Slovak:
Common Names in Slovenian:
Common Names in Spanish:
Lavandera blanca, Lavandera Blanca Común, Lavandera Blanca Enlutada
Common Names in Spanish (Mexico):
Common Names in Swahili:
Common Names in Swedish:
Common Names in Turkish:
Ak Kuyruksallayan, Akkuyruksallayan
Common Names in Valencian:
Common Names in Welsh:
Brech Y Fuches, Siglen Wen
About 6 to 7.25 inches long, with a wingspan of 8.5 to 10 inches. Adults weigh about 0.7 ounces .
Typically found in a lake at a mean distance from sea level of 437 meters (1,435 feet).
List of Habitats
- 4 Grassland
- 4.5 Grassland - Subtropical/Tropical Dry
- 5 Wetlands (inland)
- 5.1 Wetlands (inland) - Permanent Rivers/Streams/Creeks (includes waterfalls )
- 8 Desert
- 8.1 Desert - Hot
- 12 Marine Intertidal
- 12.1 Marine Intertidal - Rocky Shoreline
- 12.2 Marine Intertidal - Sandy Shoreline and/or Beaches, Sand Bars , Spits , Etc
- 12.3 Marine Intertidal - Shingle and/or Pebble Shoreline and/or Beaches
- 12.6 Marine Intertidal - Tidepools
- 14 Artificial/Terrestrial
- 14.2 Artificial/Terrestrial - Pastureland
- 14.4 Artificial/Terrestrial - Rural Gardens [more info]
Mostly: Insects Snails
- Clutch Size: 5-6
- Length of Incubation : 12-14 days
- Days to Fledge : 14-15
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Bateson, 1885
- Cuvier, 1812
- Jawed Vertebrates
- Goodrich, 1930
- Linnaeus, 1758
- Gauthier, 1986
- (C. Linnaeus, 1758)
- Pycraft, 1900
- Superorder: Passerimorphae () - Sibley et al., 1988
- Cohort: Neognathae () - Pycraft, 1900
- Infraclass: Aves () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758)
- Subclass: Avialae () - Gauthier, 1986
- Class: Aves () - Linnaeus, 1758
- Superclass: Tetrapoda () - Goodrich, 1930
- Infraphylum: Gnathostomata () - auct. - Jawed Vertebrates
- Subphylum: Vertebrata () - Cuvier, 1812 - Vertebrates
- Phylum: Chordata () - Bateson, 1885 - Chordates
- Infrakingdom: Chordonia () - (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Deuterostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Motacilla alba Linnaeus
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 24-Jun-1996
Members of the genus Motacilla
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 40 species and subspecies in this genus:
M. aguimp (African Pied Wagtail) · M. aguimp aguimp (African Pied Wagtail) · M. aguimp vidua (African Pied Wagtail) · M. alba (Pied Wagtail and White Wagtail) · M. alba alba (White Wagtail) · M. alba dukhuensis (Indian White Wagtail) · M. alba lugens (White Wagtail) · M. alba ocularis (White Wagtail) · M. alba persica (Persian White Wagtail) · M. alboides (Himalayan Wagtail) · M. baicalensis (Baikal Wagtail) · M. capensa (Cape Wagtail) · M. capensis (Cape Wagtail) · M. capensis capensis (Cape Wagtail) · M. cinerea (Grey Wagtail) · M. cinerea cinerea (Gray Wagtail) · M. cinerea robustus (Gray Wagtail) · M. citreola (Yellow-Hooded Wagtail) · M. citreola citreola (Yellow-Hooded Wagtail) · M. citreola pallas (Yellow-Hooded Wagtail) · M. clara (Long-Tailed Wagtail) · M. flava (Western Yellow Wagtail) · M. flava flava (Yellow Wagtail) · M. flava flavissima (Yellow Wagtail) · M. flava iberiae (Yellow Wagtail) · M. flava melanogrisea (Yellow Wagtail) · M. flava simillima (Yellow Wagtail) · M. flava tschutschensis (Yellow Wagtail) · M. flaviventris (Madagascar Wagtail) · M. grandis (Japanese Pied Wagtail) · M. leucopsis (Amur Wagtail) · M. lugens (Black Backed Wagtail) · M. madaraspatensis (Whitebrowed Wagtail) · M. maderaspatensis (Large Pied Wagtail) · M. ocularis (East Siberian Wagtail) · M. personata (Central Asian White Wagtail) · M. samveasnae (Mekong Wagtail) · M. subpersonata (Moroccan Wagtail) · M. tschutschensis (Eastern Yellow Wagtail) · M. yarrellii (British Isles White Wagtail)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A List of British birds / London: British Ornithologists' Union, 1915. url , , .
- A bird calendar for northern India, by Douglas Dewar. London, W. Thacker & co.; [etc., etc.]1916. url p. 158, p. 210.
- A book of birds. 1908 London, Sidney Appleton, 1908. url p. 146, p. 155.
- A chapter on birds: rare British birds / London: E. & J.B. Young, 1895. url .
- A dictionary of English and folk-names of British birds; with their history, meaning, and first usage, and the folk-lore, weather-lore, legends, etc., relating to the more familiar species. By H. Kirke Swann. London, Witherby & co., 1913. url p. 252, p. 252, p. 252.
- A dictionary of birds, London, A. and C. Black, 1893-1896. url p. 559.
- A dictionary of birds, by Alfred Newton, assisted by Hans Gadow, with contributions from Richard Lydekker. .. Charles S. Roy. .. and Robert W. Shufeldt. .. London, A. and C. Black, 1893-1896. url p. 1018, p. 1018, p. 559, p. 559.
- A geographical bibliography of British ornithology from the earliest time to the end of 1918, arranged under counties, being a record of printed books, published articles, notes and records relating to local avifauna, by W. H. Mullens, H. Kirke Swann, F. C. R. Jourdain. London, Witherby, 1920. url p. 495, p. 495, p. 495.
- A glossary of popular, local and old-fashioned names, of British birds; London: H. Sotheran & Co., 1902. url p. 26.
- A guide to the birds of Nepal Christopher Helm (Publishers) Ltd. url p. 59.
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 503.
- A hand-book to the birds of Great Britain / by R. Bowdler Sharpe. London: E. Lloyd, 1896-1897. url p. 92, p. 95.
- A hand-list of British birds, with an account of the distribution of each species in the British Isles and abroad. By Ernst Hartert, F. C. R. Jourdain, N. F. Ticehurst and H. F. Withersby. London, Witherby, 1912. url p. 39, p. 40.
- A hand-list of genera and species of birds of the Indian empire, by E. C. Stuart Baker. .. Bombay, Printed by order of the committee of the Bombay natural history society url p. 110.
- A handbook of British birds, showing the distribution of the resident and migratory species in the British islands, with an index to the records of the rarer visitants, by J.E. Harting. .. London, J.C. Nimmo, 1901. url p. 67.
- A handbook of European birds for the use of field naturalists and collectors. By James Backhouse. London, Gurney and Jackson, 1890. url p. 326, p. 58, p. 59.
- A history of North American birds / by S. F. Baird, T. M. Brewer, and R. Ridgway. 1 1905 Boston: Little, Brown, 1905. url figure , figure , p. 165, p. 166, pl. X.
- A list of British birds, comp. by a committee of the British ornithologists' union. London: British ornithologists' union, 1915. url , p. 359, p. 40.
- A list of European birds, including all those found in the western palaearctic area, with a supplement containing species said to have occurred, but which, for various reasons, are inadmissible. London, R.H. Porter, 1898. url p. 18.
- A list of the birds of eastern North America / by Charles B. Cory. Boston: For sale by B. Whidden, 1896. url p. 39.
- A manual of North American birds by Robert Ridgway. Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott, 1887. url .
- A manual of North American birds. By Robert Ridgway. Illustrated by 464 outline drawings of the generic characters. Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott company, 1896. url p. 533.
- A manual of North American birds. Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott Co., 1900. url p. 533.
- A manual of palæarctic birds, by H. E. Dresser. London, The author, 1902-03. url p. 198, p. 200, p. 201, p. 202.
- A natural history of the nests and eggs of British birds / by the Rev. F.O. Morris. London: John C. Nimmo, 1896. url .
- A pocket-book of British birds, by E.F.M. Elms. London: West, Newman & co. [etc.], 1906. url p. 28.
- A popular handbook of the birds of the United States and Canada / Boston: Little, Brown, 1921. url , .
- A popular handbook of the ornithology of the United States and Canada: based on Nuttall's Manual / by Montague Chamberlain. Boston: Little, B., & Co., 1903. url p. 293, p. 424.
- A practical handbook of British birds, edited by H.F. Witherby. .. London, Witherby, 1920-24. url p. 191, p. 191, p. 206, p. 206, p. 209, p. 209, p. 525, p. 525, p. 528, p. 528.
- A student's text-book of zoology / by Adam Sedgwick. London: S. Sonnenschein and co.; 1898-1909. url p. 475.
- A student's text-book of zoology, by Adam Sedgwick. .. London, Macmillan Co., 1898-1909. url p. 475.
- A study of the incubation periods of birds; what determines their lengths, Denver, Col., The Kendrick-Bellamy Co., 1917. url .
- A supplementary list of the marine fishes of India: with descriptions of 2 new genera and 8 new species / Calcutta: Asiatic Society, 1897. url p. 567, p. 581.
- A survey and record of Woolwich and West Kent containing descriptions and records, brought up-to-date, of geology, botany, zoology, archaeology and industries of the district, with a brief photographic commentary, in commemoration of the 12th Ann General editors, C.H. Grinling, T.A. Ingram [and] B.C. Polkinghorne. Woolwich: Labour Representation Print. Co., 1909. url p. 242.
- A text-book of agricultural zoology, Edinburgh and London, W. Blackwood and Sons, 1899. url , .
- A treatise on zoology / edited by E. Ray Lankester. London: A. & C. Black, 1900-1909. url p. 349.
- A treatise on zoology. London, Adam and Charles Black, 1900-1909 url p. 349.
- A year with the birds / by W. Warde Fowler; with illustrations by Bryan Hook. London: Macmillan, 1891. url p. 265.
- A year with the birds, by W. Warde Fowler. .. With illustrations by Bryan Hook. London, New York: Macmillan and co., 1891. url p. 265.
- A year with the birds; by W. Warde Fowler. .. illustrations by Bryan Hook. London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1914. url p. 265.
- American bird magazine, ornithology. Worcester, Mass.: C.K. Reed, 1903-1906. url p. 226.
- American ornithology, for home and school. [Worcester, Mass.: Charles K. Reed], 1901-. url p. 226.
- An illustrated manual of British birds, with 384 illustrations and 3 colored maps. London, Gurney, 1899. url p. 767.
- Animate creation; popular edition of "Our Living World" a natural history, by the Rev. J. G. Wood. Revised and adapted to American zoology, by Joseph B. Holder. New York, S. Hess url p. 267.
- Ardea. Amsterdam, etc., Nederlandse Ornithlogische Unie, etc. url p. 11, p. 114, p. 117, p. 12, p. 132, p. 148, p. 158, p. 167, p. 169, p. 171, p. 25, p. 38, p. 41, p. 42, p. 61, p. 68, p. 78, p. 8, p. 87, p. 87, p. 97.
- Aristotle's History of animals. In ten books. London, Bell, 1887. url p. 312.
- Audubon the naturalist; a history of his life and time, by Francis Hobart Herrick. .. New YorkD. Appleton-Century Company, incorporated, 1938. url p. 498.
- Audubon, the naturalist; a history of his life and time, by Francis Hobart Herrick. New York, Appleton[c1917] url p. 492.
- Austral avian record; a scientific journal devoted primarily to the study of the Australian avifauna. London: Witherby. url p. 132, p. 219, p. 234, p. 50.
- Aves / 1891 London: Printed by Taylor and Francis, 1891. url p. 56, p. vii.
- Biosphere Reserves, Compilation 4, October 1986: programme on man and the biosphere (MAB) IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 351.
- Bird life in Labrador. n.p., 189-? url .
- Bird life in arctic Norway: a popular brochure / by Robert Collett; translated by Alfred Heneage Cocks. London: H.R. Porter, 1894. url p. iv.
- Bird lore. New York City: Macmillan Co., c1899-c1940. url p. 49.
- Bird notes. Brighton: Foreign Bird Club: 1902-1925. url p. 103, p. 174.
- Bird studies; an account of the land birds of eastern North America, London, G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1898. url , .
- Bird-hunting through wild Europe / New York: D. Appleton, 1909. url .
- Bird-lore. New York, National Association of Audubon Societies. url p. 49, p. 49, p. 79.
- Birds / by A.H. Evans. London: Macmillan, 1899 (1909 printing). url p. 500, p. 615.
- Birds II. Stockholm, Almqvist & Wiksells, 1916. url .
- Birds in their haunts, by the late C. A. Johns. London, E. P. Dutton, 1909. url .
- Birds of Britain, London, A. and C. Black, 1907. url .
- Birds of Britain, by J. Lewis Bonhote. .. with 100 illustrations in colour selected by H.E. Dresser from his Birds of Europe.' London: A. and C. Black, 1907. url p. 88.
- Birds of Great Britain and Ireland, Order Passeres, complete in two volumes, by Arthur G. Butler. Illustrated by H. Grönvold and F.W. Frohawk. London: Caxton Pub. Co., [1907-08] url , p. 181.
- Birds of Great Britain and Ireland. by Arthur G. Butler; illustrated by H. Gro?nvold and F.W. Frohawk. Hull; Brumby & Clarke, [1907?-1908?]. url p. 181, p. 214.
- Birds of Labrador / Boston: Boston Society of Natural History, 1907. url .
- Birds of Labrador / by Charles W. Townsend and Glover M. Allen. Boston: Printed for the Society, 1907. url p. 411.
- Birds of the British Empire / by Dr. W. T. Greene. London: Imperial Press, 1898. url p. 22.
- Birds of the British Isles / drawn and described by John Duncan; with an introduction by Charles Dixon. London: W. Scott, 1898. url p. 53.
- Birds of the Chukchi Peninsula and Wrangel Island = (Ptitsy Chukotskogo poluostrova i ostrova Vrangelya) / L.A. Portenko; translated from Russian [by P.M. Rao]. New Delhi: Published for the Smithsonian Institution and the National Science Foundation, Washington, D.C., by Amerind Pub. Co., 1981- url p. 173, p. 329, p. 341.
- Birds of the plains, by Douglas Dewar. .. with sixteen illustrations from photographs of living birds, by Captain F. D. S. Fayrer, I. M. S. London, J. Lane;1909  url p. 242.
- Birds of the world for young people, New York, F.A. Stokes Company url , .
- Birds of the world; a popular account. With a chapter on the anatomy of birds, by Frederic A. Lucas; the whole edited by Robert Ridgway. New York, Holt, 1909. url p. 862.
- Birds useful and birds harmful, by Ottó Herman. .. and J. A. Owen. Manchester, University press, 1909. url .
- Birds. By Eugene W. Oates. London: Taylor and Francis; [etc., etc.], 1889-98. url p. 287.
- Birds. London, Taylor and Francis, 1889-1898. url .
- Boletim da Sociedade Portuguesa de Cie?ncias Naturais. Lisboa, Sociedade Portuguesa de Cie?ncias Naturais, 1908- url p. 147, p. 199, p. 200, p. 207, p. 208.
- Britain's birds and their nests / described by A. Landsborough Thomson; with introduction by J. Arthur Thomson, illustrated by George Rankin. London: W. & R. Chambers, 1910. url p. 282.
- British birds & their eggs: with a new method of identification / London: W. & R. Chambers, 1909. url .
- British birds in their haunts / edited, revised and annotated, by J.A. Owen; illustrated with 64 coloured plates (256 figures) by William Foster; with a glossary of common and provincial names and of technical terms. London: G. Routledge url p. 111.
- British birds in their haunts, by the late Rev. C.A. Johns. .. ed., rev., and annotated, by J.A. Owen. .. Illustrated with 64 coloured plates (256 figures) by William Foster. .. With a glossary of common and provincial names and te London, E.P. Dutton & Co., 1909. url p. 111.
- British birds in their haunts. .. Edited, revised, and annotated by J.A. Owen. .. Illustrated with 64 coloured plates by William Foster. With a glossary of common and provincial names and of technical terms. London, Dutton url p. 111.
- British birds with their nests and eggs London, Brumby & Clarke[1896-98] url .
- British birds' nests, how, where, and when to find and identify them, by Richard Kearton, F. Z. S. Illustrated from photographs by Cherry and Richard Kearton, with coloured and Rembrandt plates. London, Cassell and Company, Limited, 1908. url p. 451.
- British birds, London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1921. url , p. 108, p. 358.
- British birds, by W. H. Hudson, C.M.Z.S. With a chapter on structure and classification by Frank E. Beddard, F.R.S. With 8 coloured plates from original drawings by A. Thorburn and 8 plates and 100 figures in black London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1921. url , p. 108, p. 358.
- British birds, by W.H. Hudson, C.M.Z.S. With a chapter on structure and classification by Frank E. Beddard, F. R.S. With 8 coloured plates from original drawings by A. Thorburn and 8 plates and 100 figures in black London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1895. url , p. 108, p. 358.
- British birds. London, Witherby & Co. url p. 111, p. 115, p. 115, p. 130, p. 178, p. 212, p. 216, p. 22, p. 244, p. 28, p. 30, p. 318, p. 346, p. 378, p. 387.
- British birds: key list. London, R. H. Porter, 1892. url p. 19.
- Bulletin of entomological research. Farnham Royal: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux. url p. 84.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1950-1977. url p. 184, p. 237.
- Bulletin of the British Ornithologists' Club. London: The Club, 1893- url , , , , , , , p. 101, p. 101, p. 101, p. 107, p. 115, p. 126, p. 150, p. 157, p. 167, p. 233, p. 43, p. 52, p. 70, p. 75, p. 84, p. 84, p. 84, p. 97.
- Catalogue of Canadian birds / by John Macoun and James M. Macoun. Ottawa: Canada Dept. of Mines, Geological Survey Branch, 1909. url p. 682.
- Catalogue of Canadian birds, Ottawa, Government Printing Bureau, 1909. url .
- Catalogue of Canadian birds, by John Macoun. .. and James M. Macoun. .. Ottawa, Government printing bureau, 1909. url p. 682, p. 683.
- Catalogue of Canadian birds. .. Ottawa, Printed by S. E. Dawson, 1900-04. url , .
- Catalogue of birds of the Americas and the adjacent islands in Field Museum of Natural History. by Charles E. Hellmayr. 13 1935 Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1935. url p. 82.
- Catalogue of museum of natural history and miscellaneous antiquities, curios, &c., collected by Rev. Donald Miller. Bordighera, Italy, Manse Printing Press url p. 22.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 125, p. 465, p. 482, p. 485, p. 709, p. 730, p. 887, p. 987.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 125, p. 465, p. 482, p. 485, p. 709, p. 887, p. 987.
- Catalogue of the Collection of Birds' Eggs in the British Museum / By E. W. Oates [and afterwards] by S. G. Reid [and] W. R. Ogilvie-Grant. London, 1901-12. url p. 110, p. 329, p. 75, p. 77, p. 78.
- Catalogue of the birds of Suffolk, with an introduction and remarks on their distribution. London, J. Van Voorst, 1884-86. url p. 248, p. 68.
- Catalogue of the collection of birds' eggs in the British Museum (Natural History) London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1901-12. url p. 329, p. 75, p. 77, p. 78.
- Check-list and bibliography on the occurrence of insects in birds' nests. Ames, Iowa State College Press url p. 100, p. 123, p. 135, p. 152, p. 153, p. 157, p. 169, p. 173, p. 174, p. 176, p. 177, p. 239, p. 265, p. 270, p. 274, p. 276, p. 277, p. 288, p. 294, p. 296, p. 297, p. 298, p. 302, p. 33, p. 39, p. 40, p. 42, p. 43, p. 47, p. 491, p. 492, p. 55, p. 58, p. 63, p. 67, p. 69, p. 70, p. 76, p. 77, p. 81.
- Check-list of North American birds / prepared by a committee of the American ornithologists' union. Lancaster, Pa.: The Union, 1931. url p. 268, p. 503.
- Check-list of North American birds, New York, American ornithologists' union, 1910. url .
- Check-list of North American birds. [Ithaca, N.Y.]1957. url p. 455, p. 456, p. 657, p. 675, p. 678.
- Check-list of North American birds: the species of birds of North America from the Arctic through Panama, including the West Indies and Hawaiian Islands / prepared by the Committee on Classification and Nomenclature of the American Orni Lawrence, Kan.: American Ornithologists' Union, 1983. url p. 576, p. 577, p. 807.
- Check-list of birds of the world. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1931-1987. url p. 130, p. 137, p. 138.
- Color key to North American birds, with bibliographical appendix, by Frank M. Chapman. .. with upwards of 800 drawings, by Chester A. Reed, B.S. New York, D. Appleton & Company, 1912. url p. 288, p. 288.
- Color key to North American birds; with bibliographical appendix. New York, D. Appleton, 1912. url .
- Coloured figures of the eggs of British birds: with descriptive notices / by Henry Seebohm; edited (after the author's death) by R. Bowdler Sharpe. Sheffield: Pawson and Brailsford, 1896. url .
- Directory to the birds of Eastern North America. .. West Newton, 1918. url p. 258.
- Dogs, birds & others, natural history letters from "The Spectator". Chosen, with an introduction and notes, by H.J. Massingham, with a preface by John St. Lee Strachey. London, T.F. Unwin, ltd. url p. 137.
- Eggs of North American birds by Chas. J. Maynard. Boston: De Wolfe, Fiske, 1890. url .
- Eggs of North American birds; by Chas. J. Maynard. Illustrated with ten hand-colored plates. Boston, De Wolfe, Fiske & co., 1890. url p. 138.
- Egyptian birds for the most part seen in the Nile valley, London, A. and C. Black, 1909. url , .
- Egyptian birds: for the most part seen in the Nile Valley / by Charles Whymper. London: A. and C. Black, 1909. url p. 66.
- Elementary text-book of zoology. By Dr. C. Claus, tr. and ed. by Adam Sedgwick with the assistance of F. G. Heathcote. London, W. S. Sonnenschein, 1884-85. url p. 267.
- Eton nature-study and observational lessons, by Matthew Davenport Hill, . .. and Wilfred Mark Webb, . .. With a foreword by the Rev. Edmond Warre, . .. Part I-[II]. London, Duckworth & Co., 1903-1904. url p. 155.
- Evolution of the colors of North American land birds / by Charles A. Keeler. San Francisco: California Academy of Sciences, 1893. url p. 346.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 1211.
- Fauna of the Aleutian Islands and Alaska Peninsula, by Olaus J. Murie. Invertebrates and fishes collected in the Aleutians, 1936-38, by Victor B. Scheffer. Washington, Dept. of the Interior, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, 1959 url .
- Fauna, flora & geology of the Clyde area, ed. by G.F. Scott Elliot, Malcolm Laurie and J. Barclay Murdoch. Glasgow, Pub. by the local committee for the meeting of the British Association, 1901. url p. 160.
- Fifty common birds of China, n.p., 192-? url .
- Fishery circular / U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Fisheries. [Washington]: The Bureau, 1931-1939. url p. 53.
- Fleas, flukes & cuckoos; a study of bird parasites, by Miriam Rothschild and Theresa Clay. New York, Macmillan, 1957. url p. 292, p. 296.
- Genera insectorum / publiés par P. Wytsman. Bruxelles, L. Desmet-Verteneuil [etc.]1902-1970. url p. 12, p. 18, p. 28, p. 9.
- Geographical distribution of British birds / by Henry Seebohm. London: R.H. Porter, 1893. url , p. 30.
- Glimpses of Indian birds, London, John Lane Company; [etc., etc.]1913. url , .
- Glimpses of Indian birds, by Douglas Dewar. London, John Lane;1913 url p. 162, p. 162, p. 262.
- Guide to the birds of Europe and North Africa. With a biographical memoir by William Eagle Clarke. London, Gurney and Jackson, 1923. url p. 64.
- Guide to the birds of the Caucasus. Tiflis, 1907. url p. 35, p. 36.
- Hampstead Hill: its structure, materials and sculpturing / by J. Logan Lobley; with The flora of Hampstead, by Henry T. Wharton; The insect fauna of Hampstead, by F. A. Walker; and The birds of Hampstead, by J. Edmund Haring. London: Roper and Drowley, 1889. url p. 94.
- Hampstead Hill; its structure, materials, and sculpturing. With The flora of Hampstead by Henry T. Wharton; The insect fauna of Hampstead, by F.A. Walker; and The birds of Hampstead, by J. Edmund Harting. LondonRoper and Drowley1889 url p. 94.
- Hand-book to the birds of Great Britain. London, Allen, 1894-97. url p. 92, p. 95.
- Handbook and guide to the British birds on exhibition in the Lord Derby Natural History Museum, Liverpool. Liverpool, C. Tinling, 1914. url p. 48.
- Handbook of birds of eastern North America; with introductory chapters on the study of birds in nature, London, D. Appleton and Company, 1912. url , .
- Handbook to the birds of the Bombay presidency, by Lieut. H. Edwin Barnes. .. Calcutta, The Calcutta Central Press, 1885. url , , p. 237, p. 237.
- Handbook to the natural history of Cambridgeshire, ed. by J.E. Marr. .. and A.E. Shipley. .. Cambridge, University press, 1904. url p. 89.
- Handlist of the birds of Egypt by M.J. Nicoll. Cairo, Government Press, 1919. url p. 20.
- Heligoland as an ornithological observatory; the result of fifty years' experience, Edinburgh, D. Douglas, 1895. url p. 333, p. 337, p. 594.
- History of animals in ten books. Translated by Richard Cresswell. London, G. Bell, 1902. url p. 312.
- History of the Berwickshire Naturalists' Club, instituted September 22, 1831 [Vol. 1 of proceedings, corr. and reprinted] Alnwick, H.H. Blair, 1885. url p. 134.
- How to sex cage birds (British and foreign), London, "The Feathered world", "Canary and cage-bird life" url p. 173, p. 24.
- Ice-bound on Kolguev: a chapter in the exploration of Arctic Europe to which is added a record of the natural history of the island / by Aubyn Trevor-Battye; with numerous illustrations by J.T. Nettleship, Charles Whymper and the author. Westminster: A. Constable, 1895. url p. 419.
- Ice-bound on Kolguev; a chapter in the exploration of Arctic Europe, to which is added a record of the natural history of the island, Westminster, A. Constable and Company, 1895. url .
- Index-catalogue of the birds in the Hancock collection. [Newcastle-upon-Tyne]Printed for the Natural History Society, 1899. url p. 44.
- Indian birds; being a key to the common birds of the plains of India, by Douglas Dewar. A companion volume to the bird volumes of "The fauna of British India" & Jerdon's "Birds of India." London, John Lane url p. 145.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. LondonPublished for the International Council by the Royal Society of London1901-1920 url p. 122, p. 1286, p. 129, p. 141, p. 175, p. 57, p. 74, p. 77, p. 78, p. 83.
- Island life: or, the phenomena and causes of insular faunas and floras, including a revision and attempted solution of the problem of geological climates / London: Macmillan, 1911. url p. 37.
- Ixodidae / par L. G. Neumann. Berlin: R. Friedlander und sohn, 1911. url p. 142, p. 46.
- Ixodidae. BerlinR. Friedländer1911 url p. 46.
- Jottings about birds / by Charles Dixon. London: Chapman and Hall, 1893. url p. 172, p. 172, p. 202, p. 64, p. 64.
- Journal of comparative neurology. Philadelphia, Pa.: Wistar Institute of Anatomy and Biology, [1911?- url .
- Journal of morphology. Boston: Ginn & Co., [1887-1924] url p. 482, p. 632.
- Jungle folk, Indian natural history sketches, by Douglas Dewar. London, John Lane;1912. url p. 269, p. 31.
- Key to North American birds. Containing a concise account of every species of living and fossil bird at present known from the continent north of the Mexican and United States boundary, inclusive of Greenland and Lower California Boston, Estes and Lauriat, 1896. url , p. 868.
- Labrador, the country and the people, by Wilfred T. Grenfell. .. and others. New York, The Macmillan co., 1913. url p. 504.
- Labrador: the country and the people / by Wilfred T. Grenfell and others. New York: Macmillan Co., 1909. url p. 478.
- Life and letters of Alexander Goodman More, F.R.S.E., F.L.S., M.R.I.A., with selections from his zoological and botanical writings; ed. by C.B. Moffat, B.A., with a preface by Frances M. More. Dublin, Hodges, Figgis & co. (ltd.)1898. url p. 424, p. 587.
- List of the vertebrated animals now or lately living in the gardens of the Zoological Society of London. London, Printed for the Society, 1896. url p. 227, p. 227, p. 707.
- Lord Lilford on birds: being a collection of informal and unpublished writings by the late president of the British Ornithologists' Union. With contributed papers upon falconry and otter hunting, his favourite sports. Edited by Aubyn Trevor-Battye and illustrated by Archibald Thorburn. London, Hutchinson, 1903. url p. 151, p. 152, p. 212, p. 220, p. 308.
- Manual of elementary zoology. London, Oxford University Press, 1958. url p. 708.
- Manual of the birds of Iceland / by Henry H. Slater. Edinburgh: D. Douglas, 1901. url p. 12, p. 12, p. 148, p. 148.
- Memorial edition of Thomas Bewick's works. London, B. Quaritch, 1885-87. url p. x.
- Monitore zoologico italiano. [Siena]: Instituto anatomico della R. Università di Siena, [1890-1988] url p. 126.
- Natural history of Selborne, and observations on nature / by Gilbert White; with the text and new letters of the Buckland edition; introduction by John Burroughs; illustrations by Clifton Johnson. Toronto: Musson Book Co., 1904. url p. 217, p. 218.
- Natural history of the animal kingdom for the use of young people: in three parts, comprising I. Mammalia: II. Birds: Part III. Reptiles, amphibia, fishes, insects, worms, molluscs, zoophytes, &c.: with 91 coloured plates, including about 850 figures, and numerous adapted from the German of Professor von Schubert by W.F. Kirby. 1889 Brighton: E. & J.B. Young and Co., 1889. url figures , p. 11, p. X.
- Naturalist's guide to the Americas, prepared by the Committee on the Preservation of Natural Conditions of the Ecological Society of America, with assistance from numerous organizations and individuals, assembled and edited by chairman, Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1926. url p. 756, p. 756.
- Nests and eggs of North American birds, Philadelphia, D. McKay[c1900] url .
- New Mallophaga, 3. Comprising: Mallophaga from birds of Panama, Baja California and Alaska. San FranciscoCalifornia Academy of Sciences1899 url p. 87.
- North American birds eggs, New York, Doubleday, Page & company, 1904. url .
- North American birds eggs, by Chester A. Reed...illustrating the eggs of nearly every species of North American birds. New York, Doubleday, Page & company, 1904. url p. 346.
- North American birds eggs. New York: Dover Pub, . url p. 309.
- North American fauna. Washington: Fish and Wildlife Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U. S. Govt. Print. Off. url , , p. 230, p. 230.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 3 1905 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 241.
- Notes on sport and ornithology, London, Gurney and Jackson, 1889. url .
- Notes on sport and ornithology, by his imperial and royal highness the late crown prince Rudolph of Austria. Tr with the author's permission, by C. G. Danford. London, Gurney and Jackson, 1889. url p. 514, p. 543, p. 630, p. 644.
- Notes on sport and ornithology. Translated with the author's permission, by C. G. Danford. London, Gurney and Jackson, 1889. url p. 543, p. 644.
- Notes on the birds of Kent / by R.J. Balston, C.W. Shepherd, and E. Bartlett. London: R.H. Porter, 1907. url p. 106, p. 461.
- Notes on the birds of Northamptonshire and neighbourhood / Lord Lilford; illustrated by A. Thorburn and G.E. Lodge. London: Porter, 1895. url p. 156, p. 156.
- Occasional papers of the California Academy of Sciences. San Francisco: California Academy of Sciences, url p. 87.
- Official lists and indexes of names and works in zoology / edited by R.V. Melville and J.D.D. Smith. London: ICZN, 1987. url p. 128.
- On safari: big game hunting in British East Africa, with studies in bird-life / by Abel Chapman. .. with 170 illustrations by the author and E. Caldwell, sketch-maps and photographs. London: Edward Arnold, 1908. url p. 332.
- Oologia neerlandica: eggs of birds breeding in the Netherlands / by A.A. van Pelt Lechner. The Hague: Nijhoff, 1910-1913 [i.e. 1911-1913]. url , , p. 217, p. 225, p. 250, p. 403.
- Opinions and declarations rendered by the International Commission on Zoological Nomenclature. London, Printed by order of the International Trust for Zoological Nomenclature. url p. 261, p. 370, p. 397, p. 92, p. 99.
- Our Irish song birds / by Charles William Benson. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis; 1901. url p. 199.
- Our country's birds and how to know them. A guide to all the birds of Great Britain. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent[1892?] url , , , .
- Our living world; an artistic edition of the Rev. J. G. Wood's Natural history of animate creation. New York: S. Hess,  url p. 229, p. 650.
- Our native birds of song and beauty, being a complete history of all the songbirds, flycatchers, hummingbirds, swifts, goatsuckers, woodpeckers, kingfishers, trogons, cuckoos, and parrots, of North America. 1 1893 Milwaukee, G. Brumder, 1893-96. url p. 161.
- Our rarer birds, being studies in ornithology & oology, by Charles Dixon. London, R. Bentley, 1888. url , p. 79.
- Our rarer birds: being studies in ornithology & oology / by Charles Dixon; with twenty illustrations by Charles Whymper and a frontispiece by J. G. Keulemans. London: Bentley, 1888. url , p. 79.
- Our summer migrants. An account of the migratory birds which pass the summer in the British Islands. London, S. Sonnenschein & co., 1901. url .
- Parental care and its evolution in birds. Urbana, University of Illinois Press, 1952. url p. 260, p. 351.
- Pet birds of Bengal. by Satya Churn Law; with a foreword by Dr. Graham Renshaw; with illustrations by N. Kushari. Calcutta: Thacker, Spink & Co., 1923. url p. 260, p. 345, p. 361.
- Postilla. 1968 New Haven, Conn.: Peabody Museum of Natural History, [1950?]-c2004. url p. 34, p. 9.
- Proceedings and transactions of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London: The Society. url p. 45.
- Proceedings of the International Ornithological Congress. [Canberra, etc.]: Australian Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 202, p. 27, p. 280, p. 366, p. 478, p. 516, p. 540, p. 554, p. 579, p. 580, p. 581, p. 582, p. 73.
- Recensio critica automatica of the doctrine of bird-migration, by Otto Herman. .. Budapest, Printed by order of the Royal Hungarian Ministry of Agriculture, 1905. url p. 27.
- Report of the proceedings of the. .. Entomological meeting Calcutta;Superintendent government printing, India, 1917-24. url p. 329, p. 67.
- Results of the Swedish zoological expedition to Egypt and the White Nile, 1901, under the direction of L.A. Jägerskiöld. [Uppsala]Library of the Royal University of Uppsala[1904-11] url p. 2.
- Savage Sudan; its wild tribes, big-game and bird-life, by Abel Chapman. .. With 248 illustrations, chiefly from rough sketches by the author. London [etc.]: Gurney and Jackson, 1921. url p. 22, p. 289, p. 447.
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 63.
- Significance of white markings in birds of the order Passeriformes / Berkeley: The University Press, 1910. url .
- Sketch-book of British birds / by R. Bowdler Sharpe; with coloured illustrations by A.F. and C. Lydon. London: Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1898. url , , p. 251, p. 32.
- Some Chinese vertebrates. .. With six plates. Cambridge, U.S.A., Printed for the Museum, 1912. url p. 188.
- Some account of the fauna and flora of Sinai, Petra, and Wa?dy 'Arabah, London, Pub. for the Committee of the Palestine exploration fund by A. P. Watt, 1891. url , , , , .
- Special scientific report--wildlife / U.S. Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service, 1949- url p. 216, p. 281, p. 298, p. 306, p. 315, p. 317, p. 320, p. 322, p. 594, p. 90.
- Spolia zeylanica. S.l.: s.n. url , p. 315.
- Studies in bird migration, London, Gurney and Jackson; [etc., etc.]1912. url , , .
- Studies in bird migration, by William Eagle Clarke. .. with maps, weather charts, and other illustrations. .. London, Gurney and Jackson; [etc., etc.]1912. url p. 12, p. 256, p. 270, p. 337, p. 46, p. 57.
- Summer studies of birds and books, by W. Warde Fowler. London, Macmillan, 1895. url p. 106.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 27.
- System of ophthalmology. St. Louis, Mosby, 1958- url p. 660, p. 816.
- Text-book of zoology; London, A. and C. Black, 1901. url .
- Text-book of zoology; treated from a biological standpoint, by Dr. Otto Schmeil; tr. from the German by Rudolf Rosenstock, M. A.; ed. by J. T. Cunningham, M. A. London, A. and C. Black, 1901. url p. 187.
- The American oologists' exchange price list of North American birds' eggs, 1922 / compiled by a committee of twenty-five prominent American oologists. Lacon, Ill.: R. Magoon Barnes, 1922. url p. 82.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 12, p. 126, p. 142, p. 143, p. 144, p. 146, p. 147, p. 149, p. 154, p. 157, p. 181, p. 19, p. 19, p. 193, p. 198, p. 199, p. 208, p. 224, p. 238, p. 25, p. 252, p. 253, p. 253, p. 264, p. 270, p. 286, p. 286, p. 43, p. 43, p. 7, p. 76, p. 77, p. 94.
- The Auk. Washington, D.C.: American Ornithologists' Union, etc., 1884- url p. 128, p. 151, p. 239, p. 324, p. 361, p. 409, p. 411, p. 517, p. 643.
- The Avicultural magazine. Ascot, Berkshire, etc.: Avicultural Society, etc. url , , , p. 323, p. 388.
- The British bird book: an account of all the birds, nests and eggs found in the British Isles / ed. by F.B. Kirkman. Illustrated by two hundred drawings and numerous photographs. London: T.C. & E.C. Jack, 1910-13. url p. 271, p. 665.
- The Bulletin of zoological nomenclature. London, International Trust for Zoological Nomenclature. url p. 369, p. 405.
- The Cambridge natural history / edited by S. F. Harmer and A. E. Shipley. London: Macmillan and Co.; 1895-1909. url p. 500.
- The Cambridge natural history, London, Macmillan and Co., Limited;1895-1909 url , .
- The Canadian bird book: illustrating in natural colors more than seven hundred north American birds, also several hundred photographs of their nests and eggs / by Chester A. Reed. Toronto: Musson Book Co., c1914. url p. 418, p. 461.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 15, p. 198, p. 318, p. 503, p. 697.
- The Eskimo tribes; their distribution and characteristics, especially as regards language, with a comparative vocabulary and sketch-map. Copenhagen1887-91. url p. 206.
- The Glasgow naturalist. Glasgow, Andersonian Naturalists of Glasgow. url p. 117, p. 132, p. 137, p. 146, p. 150, p. 151, p. 25, p. 67, p. 72, p. 82, p. 87, p. 88.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url , , , , p. 121, p. 146, p. 152, p. 155, p. 156, p. 160, p. 163, p. 174, p. 186, p. 198, p. 200, p. 200, p. 218, p. 229, p. 28, p. 300, p. 44, p. 46.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url , p. 104, p. 1166, p. 1206, p. 144, p. 172, p. 185, p. 192, p. 232, p. 245, p. 253, p. 302, p. 470, p. 605, p. 630, p. 698, p. 75, p. 755, p. 794, p. 798, p. 827, p. 962, p. 995.
- The Journal of the Natural History Society of Siam. [Bangkok, Thailand]: The Society, url p. 196, p. 366.
- The Labrador coast. A journal of two summer cruises to that region. New York: N.D.C. Hodges, 1891. url .
- The Marine Mammal Commission compendium of selected treaties, international agreements, and other relevant documents on marine resources, wildlife, and the environment / compiled by Richard L. Wallace. Washington, D.C.: The Commission; 1994 url p. 3129.
- The Oo?logist for the student of birds, their nests and eggs. Albion, N.Y.: Frank H. Lattin, 1886- url p. 24.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng. [etc.]: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux [etc.] url p. 166, p. 232, p. 260, p. 270, p. 39.
- The Scottish naturalist. Arbroath [etc.]T. Buncle & Co. [etc.] url , p. 121, p. 122, p. 140, p. 173, p. 184, p. 189, p. 31, p. 7, p. 77.
- The Uganda protectorate; an attempt to give some description of the physical geography, botany, zoology, anthropology, languages and history of the territories under British protection in East Central Africa, between the Cong by Sir Harry Johnston. .. With 506 illustrations from drawings and photographs by the author and others, 48 full-page coloured plates by the author and 9 maps by J.G. Bartholomew and the author. London: Hutchinson & Co., 1902. url p. 440.
- The Victoria history of the County of Hertford / edited by William Page. London: Published for the University of London, Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall,  url .
- The Victoria history of the county of Stafford / edited by William Page. London: Constable1908- url p. 144.
- The Warbler. Floral Park: Mayflower Pub. Co., [1903-1913] url p. 101.
- The Wilson bulletin. Columbus, Ohio: Wilson Ornithological Society, 1894- url p. 112, p. 154, p. 383, p. 44, p. 9.
- The avifauna of British India and its dependencies: a systematic account, with descriptions of all the known species of birds inhabiting British India, observations on their habits, nidification, &c., tables of their geographical distribution in Persia by James A. Murray. London: Trübner, 1888-1890. url p. 269, p. 271.
- The avifauna of Mt. Kitanglad, Bukidnon Province, Mindanao, Philippines / A. Townsend Peterson, . .. [et al]. 2008 Chicago, Ill: Field Museum of Natural History, June 14, 2008. url p. 1, p. 22, p. 37.
- The balance of nature and modern conditions of cultivation: a practical manual of animal foes and friends for the country gentleman, the farmer, the forester, the gardener, and the sportsman / by George Abbey. London: E.P. Dutton, 1909. url p. 68.
- The bird book, illustrating in natural colors more than seven hundred North American birds, also several hundred photographs of their nests and eggs, Worcester, Mass., C. K. Reed, 1914. url .
- The bird book: illustrating in natural colors more than seven hundred North American birds; also several hundred photographs of their nests and eggs / by Chester A. Reed. Garden City, New York, Doubleday, Page & company, 1915. url p. 418.
- The bird-life of London / by Charles Dixon, with illustrations in colour and black and white. London: W. Heinemann, 1909. url .
- The birds of Africa, comprising all the species which occur in the Ethiopian region, by G.E. Shelley. .. London, Published for the author by R.H. Porter (18 Princes Street, Cavendish Square, W.), 1896-1912. url p. 11, p. 269, p. 272, p. 273.
- The birds of Britain: their distribution and habits / Cambridge [England]: Cambridge University Press, 1916. url .
- The birds of Cheshire / by T. A. Coward and Charles Oldham. Manchester [England]: Sherratt and Hughes, 1900. url p. 62.
- The birds of Devon / 1892 London: R.H. Porter, 1892. url p. 39.
- The birds of Dorsetshire; a contribution to the natural history of the county, by J.C. Mansel-Pleydell. .. London, R.H. Porter; [etc., etc., 1888?] url p. 174, p. 174, p. 37.
- The birds of Essex: a contribution to the natural history of the country. By Miller Christy, F.L.S. With 162 woodcut illustrations, two plans, and a frontispiece. Chelmsford, E. Durrant & Co.; [etc., etc.]1890. url p. 96.
- The birds of Greenland. Boston, Little, Brown and company, 1891. url p. 61.
- The birds of Ireland; an account of the distribution, migrations and habits of birds as observed in Ireland, with all additions to the Irish list, London, Gurney and Jackson (successors to Mr. Van Voorst)1900. url p. 37, p. 415.
- The birds of Lancashire, by F. S. Mitchell. London, Gurney & Jackson, 1892. url p. 42.
- The birds of London / London: Sonnenschein, 1893. url p. 20.
- The birds of North and Middle America: a descriptive catalogue of the higher groups, genera, species, and subspecies of birds known to occur in North America, from the Arctic lands to the Isthmus of Panama, the West Indies and other island Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1901- url , , .
- The birds of Oxfordshire. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1889. url p. 76.
- The birds of Pembrokeshire and its islands / by Murray A. Mathew. London [England]: R.H. Porter, 1894. url p. 15.
- The birds of South Africa, by Arthur C. Stark. .. London: R. H. Porter, 1900-1906. url p. 253.
- The birds of Sussex, London, R.H. Porter, 1891. url , .
- The birds of Tunisia; being a history of the birds found in the regency of Tunis. By J. I. S. Whitaker. London, R.H. Porter, 1905. url , p. 144, p. 145.
- The birds of Yorkshire: being a historical account of the avi-fauna of the county / by T. H. Nelson; with the co-operation of W. Eagle Clarke and F. Boyes. London: A. Brown, 1907. url p. 121, p. 123, p. 795.
- The birds of eastern North America known to occur east of the nineteenth meridian. .. By Charles B. Cory. Boston, Bay State Pub. Co., 1900, c1899. url p. 383.
- The birds of eastern North America: known to occur east of the ninetieth meridian / by Charles B. Cory. Chicago: Field Columbian Museum, 1899. url p. 383.
- The birds of our country. London, Digby, Long & Co., 1898. url p. 169.
- The birds of our country. With illus. by A. Thorburn, J. Giacomelli, G.E. Lodge, K. Keyl, and R. Kretschmer. London, Digby, Long, 1897. url p. 169.
- The birds of the British Isles and their eggs. by T.A. Coward; with 242 accurately coloured illustrations by Archibald Thorburn and others, reproduced from Lord Lilford's work Coloured figures of the birds of the British Islands, and 65 photograp London; F. Warne, 1919. url p. 101, p. 373.
- The code of nomenclature and check-list of North American birds adopted by the American Ornithologists' Union; being the report of the Committee of the Union on Classification and Nomenclature. New York, 1886. url p. 319, p. 319, p. 319.
- The common birds of Bombay, by E.H.A. illus. with pen and ink. Bombay, Thacker[190-?] url , p. 113.
- The condor. Santa Clara, Calif.: Cooper Ornithological Club, [1900- url p. 166.
- The descent of man, and selection in relation to sex, New York, D. Appleton and Company, 1896. url .
- The descent of man: and selection in relation to sex / New York: P. F. Collier, 1902. url .
- The eggs of European birds / by Francis C.R. Jourdain. London: R.H. Porter, 1906. url , p. 145, p. 167.
- The fauna of British India, including Ceylon and Burma. By Eugene W. Oates. London, Taylor and Francis; [etc., etc.]1889-98. url p. 287.
- The fauna of Shropshire, being an account of all the mammals, birds, reptiles & fishes found in the county of Salop. With an introduction dealing with the physical features of the county, a copious index, a chapter on the pri Illustrated by photographic plates and portraits. By H. Edward Forrest. Shrewsbury, L. Wilding [etc. etc.]1899. url p. 115.
- The food of birds in India, by C.W. Mason, edited by H. Maxwell-Lefroy. Calcutta, Imperial Dept. of Agric. in India, 1911. url p. 131, p. 310, p. 322, p. 328, p. 334, p. 336, p. 342, p. 343, p. 356.
- The history of the European fauna. London, W. Scott, 1899. url p. 292.
- The history of the collections contained in the natural history departments of the British Museum. by R. Bowdler Sharpe. London, 1906. url p. 99.
- The journal of the Natural History Society of Siam. [London: Luzac, 1914]-1924. url p. 196.
- The land birds in and around St. Andrews: including a condensed history of the British land birds, with extracts from the poets and observations and anecdotes on natural history / by George Bruce. Dundee [Scotland]: John Leng & Co., 1895. url p. 345, p. 347.
- The life and letters of Gilbert White of Selborne / written and edited by his great-grand-nephew R. Holt-White; with pedigree, portraits, and illustrations; in two volumes. London: J. Murray, 1901. url p. 219.
- The migration of birds: an attempt to reduce avian season-flight to law / by Charles Dixon. London: Chapman and Hall, 1892. url p. 210.
- The natural history & antiquities of Selborne in the county of Southampton, by Gilbert White, with illustrations in colour by George Edward Collins... London: Macmillan and co., limited, 1911. url p. 102.
- The natural history and antiquities of Selborne, by Gilbert White. Ed., with an introd. and notes by L.C. Miall. .. and W. Warde Fowler. .. New York, G.P. Putnam's sons; [etc., etc.]1901. url p. 95.
- The natural history of Selborne / London; Cassell and Co., 1908. url .
- The natural history of Selborne / by Gilbert White; edited with notes by Grant Allen; illustrated by Edmund H. New. London; John Lane the Bodley Head, 1900. url p. 165.
- The natural history of Selborne by Gilbert White; edited with notes by Grant Allen; illustrated by Edmund H. New. London;J. Lane, 1900. url .
- The natural history of Selborne: with observations on various parts of nature and the naturalist's calendar / by the late Rev. Gilbert White; with additions and supplementary notes, by Sir William Jardine; edited with further illustrateds, a biographical sketch of the author and a complete index by Edward J London: G. Bell, 1890. url p. 94.
- The natural history of Selborne; edited with notes by Grant Allen. .. London: Lane, 1902. url p. 167.
- The natural history of Selborne; with A naturalist's calendar & additional observations; with a pref. by Richard Jefferies. London: Scott, 1887. url p. 112, p. 293, p. 294.
- The natural history of Sokotra and Abdel-Kuri: being the report upon the results of the Conjoint Expedition to these Islands in 1898-9, by Mr. W.R. Ogilvie-Grant. .. and Dr. H.O. Forbes. .. / edited by Henry O. Forbes. Liverpool: The Free Public Museums, Henry Young and Sons, 1903. url p. 35, p. 60.
- The natural history of animals: the animal life of the world in its various aspects and relations, London, The Gresham Publishing Company, 1903-04. url .
- The natural history of cage birds, their management, habits, food, diseases, treatment, breeding, and the methods of catching them. London, H.J. Drane url p. 309.
- The naturalist's diary: a day-book of meteorology, phenology and rural biology. With a chart showing the blossoming of spring flowers in Europe, and an introduction of natural periodic phenomena, etc. 188-. London, Sonnenschein, Le Bas and Lowrey[pref. 1886] url .
- The nests and eggs of British birds: when and where to find them: being a handbook to the oology of the British Islands / by Charles Dixon. London: Chapman and Hall, 1894. url p. 369, p. 369, p. 62, p. 62, p. 64, p. 64.
- The nests and eggs of Indian birds / Allan O. Hume. London: R. H. Porter, 1889-1890. url p. 201, p. 201, p. 202, p. 417, p. 417.
- The oo?logist's record. London, Harrison and Sons, - url p. 100, p. 9.
- The oologists' hand-book: 1885 catalogue of American birds' eggs, and oological supplies, with prices at which they may be obtained of / Frank H. Lattin. Rochester (N.Y.): John P. Smith, Printer, 1885. url p. 10.
- The ornithology of the Straits of Gibraltar / by L. Howard L. Irby. London: R.H. Porter, 1895. url p. 111, p. 112, p. 322.
- The passerine birds of Ceylon / by W.E. Wait. S.l.: s.n., 1922? url p. 167.
- The river-side naturalist; notes on the various forms of life met with either in, on, or by the water, or in its immediate vicinity. Illus. with numerous woodcuts. London, Low, Marston, Searle, & Rivington, 1890. url p. 68.
- The smaller British birds: with descriptions of their nests, eggs, habits / by H. G. and H. B. Adams. London: Gibbins, 1894. url p. 23.
- The sportsman's British bird book / by R. Lydekker. London: Rowland Ward, 1908. url .
- The standard catalogue of North American birds eggs. Albion, N.Y., F.H. Lattin, 1892. url p. 47.
- The vertebrate eye and its adaptive radiation [by] Gordon Lynn Walls. Bloomfield Hills, Mich., Cranbrook Institute of Science, 1942 url p. 661.
- The vertebrate fauna of Cheshire and Liverpool Bay / London: Witherby, 1910. url p. 461, p. 466.
- The vertebrate zoology of Sind: a systematic account. .. / by James A. Murray. London: Richardson, 1884. url p. 407, p. 421.
- Travels of a naturalist in northern Europe, Norway, 1871, Archangel, 1872, Petchora, 1875, London, T. F. Unwin, 1905. url p. 109, p. 184, p. 199, p. 204, p. 539.
- Treaties and other international agreements on fisheries, oceanographic resources, and wildlife to which the United States is party / prepared at the request of Hon. Warren G. Magnuson for the use of the Committee on Commerce, United States Senate, by the Congressional Research Service, the Library of Congress. Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O., 1974. url p. 824.
- Turner on birds: a short and succinct history of the principal birds noticed by Pliny and Aristotle first published by Doctor William Turner, 1544. Ed. with introduction, translation, notes, and appendix, by A. H. Evans. Cambridge, University press, 1903. url , .
- Turner on birds; a short and succinct history of the principal birds notices by Pliny and Artistotle, Cambridge, University press, 1903. url , .
- Under the African sun; a description of native races in Uganda, sporting adventures and other experiences, by W. J. Ansorge. New York: Longmans, Green, 1899. url p. 348.
- University of California publications in zoology. Berkeley: University Press, 1906- url p. 294.
- Wild life of the world: a descriptive survey of the geographical distribution of animals / London; F. Warne and co., 1916. url p. 292, p. 440, p. 469.
- Zoologische Jahrbücher. Abteilung für Anatomie und Ontogenie der Tiere Jena [Germany]:G. Fischer, c -1993. url p. 168, p. 255, p. 280, p. 282.
- Zoology of Egypt / by John Anderson. London: B. Quaritch, 1898-1907. url p. 284.
- [A collection of various papers; mostly on birds of Greenland, Denmark and the North Atlantic Ocean, 1892-1902. url p. 174.
- BirdLife International 2009. Motacilla alba. In: IUCN 2011. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. <www.iucnredlist.org>. Downloadedon 02February2012.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
- IUCN 2012. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. . Downloaded on January 28, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 12, 2007:
- Biologiezentrum der Oberoesterreichischen Landesmuseen, Biologiezentrum Linz
- Botanic Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin-Dahlem, GEO Biodiversity Day
- Canadian Biodiversity Information Facility, Provincial Museum of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada. Birds
- Museum of Vertebrate Zoology, Terrestrial vertebrate specimens
- Senckenberg, Collection Aves
- Senckenberg, Collection Aves
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility, Western Palearctic migrants in continental Africa
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Herts Bird Club - Hertfordshire Breeding Bird Atlas : 1988-1992
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Scottish Borders Biological Records Centre - SWT Scottish Borders Local Wildlife Site Survey data 1996-2000 - species information
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 6976
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-178477
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 5165859
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 178476
- IUCN ID: 224521
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: ABPBM01030
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 11510