Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Afrikaans:
Grootbek baars, Grootbek-Baars
Common Names in Cantonese:
Tam suy lo ue
Common Names in Catalan, Valencian:
Common Names in Chinese:
Tam suy lo ue, 大口黑鱸
Common Names in Czech:
Okounek Pstruhov, Okounek Pstruhový, Okounek pstruhový, Ostracka
Common Names in Danish:
ørredaborre, Stormundet , Stormundet black bass, Stormundet ørredaborre, Stormundet Ørrredaborre, Stormundetørredaborre, ÿrredaborre, Ørredaborre
Common Names in Dutch:
Forelbaars, Forellenbaars, Zwarte baars
Common Names in English:
American black bass, Bass, bayou bass, bigmouth bass, Black bass, Black-bass, Fekete Sügér, Florida Black Bass, Green bass, green trout, lake bass, large mouth bass, Large-mouth bass, Largemouth, largemouth bass, Largemouth black bass, line side, Northern largemouth bass, slough bass
Common Names in Farsi:
Bas Dehanbozorg, Khorshid Mahi Baleh Kuchak
Common Names in Finnish:
Common Names in French:
Achigan, achigan à grande bouche, Achiganà Grande Bouche, Black bass, black bass à grande bouche, Black-bass, Black-bass à grande bouche, Black-Bassà Grande Bouche, Perche D'am, Perche D'amérique, Perche d'Amérique, Perche noire, Perche Truit, Perche Truitée, Perche truite, Perche truitée
Common Names in German:
Amerikanischer schwarzbarsch, Barschforelle, Forellenbarsch, Gro, großmäuliger Schwarzbarsch, Kleinmauliger schwarzbarsch
Common Names in Hungarian:
Fekete sügér, Pisztrángsügér
Common Names in Hungarian (Magyar):
Fekete S, Fekete sügér
Common Names in Italian:
Common Names in Japanese:
Buraku basu, Okuchibasu, Ookuchi basu, Ookuchi-Basu, オオクチバス, オオクチバス（ブラックバス）, フロリダバス
Common Names in Korean:
Common Names in Lithuanian:
Didžiažiotis upėtakinis ešerys
Common Names in Mandarin Chinese:
似鮭赫羅魚, 似鲑赫罗鱼, 大口黑鱸(引進), 大口黑鲈(引进)
Common Names in Norwegian:
Common Names in Persian:
Bas Dehanbozorg, Khorshid Mahi Baleh Kuchak
Common Names in Persian (Farsi):
Bas Dehanbozorg, Khorshid Mahi Baleh Kuchak
Common Names in Polish:
Bass wielkgebowy, Bass wielkogebowy
Common Names in Portuguese:
Achig, Achigã, Achigã, Achiq, Achiqã, Black bass, Boca grande
Common Names in Romanian:
Biban cu gura mare
Common Names in Rumanian:
Biban cu gura mare
Common Names in Russian:
Bol´sherotyi Chernyi Okun´, Bol'sherotyi chernyi okun', Bolsherotnyi amerikanskii tscherny okun, большеро , большеротый американский окунь, Большеротый окунь, окунь бол, окунь большеротый, Форелеок
Common Names in Serbian:
Common Names in Slovak:
Ostracka, Ostracka Lososovit, Ostracka Lososovitá, Ostracka lososovitá
Common Names in Spanish:
Black-bass, Huro, Lobina, Lobina negra, Perca americana, Perca atruchada
Common Names in Spanish, Castilian:
Black bass, Huro, Lobina, Lobina negra, Perca americana, Perca atruchada
Common Names in Swedish:
öringabborre, öringsaborre, Öringabborre, Öringsaborre
Common Names in Thai:
Common Names in Venda:
Species Micropterus salmoides
and snout: Mouth terminal and slightly oblique
of small teeth on the jaws
. No barbels
. Body patterning, color,
: Back greenish brown, sides lighter, belly cream or white.
Sides with a thick, diffuse
, irregular (zig-zag
) dark lateral stripe
without distinctive markings. 60-68 ctenoid lateral
and size: Body fusiform
, somewhat laterally compressed
and moderately deep; oval
. Typically 300-475 mm
(12-19 in) TL
; maximum in Wisconsin about 625 mm (25 in).
Fins: Tail, dorsal and other fins: Slightly forked or round tail. Dorsal fin with 2 lobes , slightly joined by a membrane , the first usually with 10 spines and the second with 12-14 rays. Pelvic fins thoracic . Adipose fin absent. Anal fin with 3 spines and 10-12 (usually 11) rays.
Breeding adults : Similar to non-breeders; may be darker and more conspicuously marked .
Juveniles : Similar to adults, but lateral stripe more prominent .
May live as long as 23 years in the wild, 7 years in captivity.
Inhabits clear, vegetated lakes , ponds , swamps . Also in backwaters and pools of creeks and rivers . Prefers quiet, clear water and over-grown banks. Largemouth bass are highly adaptable fish, able to thrive in virtually every warm-water habitat , from small creeks to large rivers to huge reservoirs . About the only thing that limits them is cold annual water temperatures (
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 5,478 meters (0 to 17,972 feet).
Ecology: Introduced bass usually affect populations of small native fishes through predation , sometimes resulting in the decline or extinction of such species (Minckley 1973, in Fuller, 1999). Studies have shown that largemouth bass are capable of displacing native species , even predatory species such as northern pike .(USGS-CERC, 2004)
Adults feed on fishes , crayfish and frogs ; young feed on crustaceans, insects and small fishes. Sometimes cannibalistic. Does not feed during spawning; as well as when the water temperature is below 5¦C and above 37¦C.
"The male which becomes aggressive and territorial
on muddy bottoms
of shallow water. A female may spawn
males on different nests. The male guards and fans the eggs
"Spawning takes place spring to summer or when temperature reaches 15°C. Adults mate between the age of 5-12 years" (Fishbase, 2003).
Preyed upon by herons, bitterns, and kingfishers.
- Chatton, 1925
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Grobben, 1908
- Bateson, 1885
- Cuvier, 1812
- Jawed Vertebrates
- Zittel, 1879
- Jawed Vertebrates
- Woodward, 1891
- Regan, 1923
- Müller, 1845
- de Pinna, 1996
- (Greenwood et al., 1966)
- Rosen & Patterson, 1969
- Order: Perciformes () - C.S. Rafinesque Schmaltz, 1810, incertae sedis
- Superorder: Acanthopterygii () - Rosen & Patterson, 1969
- Cohort: Euteleosteomorpha () - (Greenwood et al., 1966)
- Supercohort: Teleocephala () - de Pinna, 1996
- Infraclass: Teleostei () - Müller, 1845
- Subclass: Neopterygii () - Regan, 1923
- Class: Actinopterygii () - Woodward, 1891
- Superclass: Gnathostomata () - Zittel, 1879 - Jawed Vertebrates
- Infraphylum: Gnathostomata () - auct. - Jawed Vertebrates
- Subphylum: Vertebrata () - Cuvier, 1812 - Vertebrates
- Phylum: Chordata () - Bateson, 1885 - Chordates
- Superphylum: Deuterostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Infrakingdom: Chordonia () - (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Deuterostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - Animals
Aplites salmoides (Lacepède • Grystes megastoma Garlick • Grystes nigricans (Cuvier • Grystes salmoides (Lacepède • Huro nigricans Cuvier • Huro salmoides (Lacepède • Labrus salmoides • Labrus salmoides Lacepède • Labrus salmoides Lacépède, 1802 • Micropterus salmoides • Micropterus salmoides (Lacepède, 1802) • Perca nigricans (Cuvier
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: Data last modified by FishBase 14-Feb-1994
Fish Name Lateral Scales Dorsal Fin Origin Color and Pigment Pattern Similarity Index Comments Largemouth Bass Extends to or beyond back of eye Thick, diffuse, irregular (zig-zag) lateral stripe; faint in large adults, pronounced in juveniles; tail of young of year not distincly pigmented 60-68 Slightly connected, shortest spine less than half the length of the longest N/A Smallmouth Bass Extends to middle or back of eye but not beyond Solid color, dark mottling, or 9-16 diffuse vertical bars in adults; distinct vertical bars with tail yellow-orange with dark margin in young of year 69-80 Moderately connected, shortest spine more than half the length of the longest Moderately similar
Members of the genus Micropterus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 16 species and subspecies in this genus:
M. cataractae (Flint River Smallmouth Bass) · M. coosae (Flint River Smallmouth) · M. dolomieu (Streaked-Cheek River Bass) · M. dolomieui (Streaked-Cheek River Bass) · M. dolomieui dolomieui (Streaked-Cheek River Bass) · M. dolomieu dolomieu (Streaked-Cheek River Bass) · M. dolomieu velox (Black Bass) · M. notius (Suwannee Bass) · M. punctulatus (Northern Spotted Bass) · M. punctulatus puctulatus (Spotted Bass) · M. punctulatus punctulatus (Spotted Bass) · M. salmoides (Northern Largemouth Bass) · M. salmoides dolomieui (American Black Bass) · M. salmoides pseudaplites (American Black Bass) · M. treculi (Guadalupe Bass) · M. treculii (Guadalupe Spotted Bass)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... The fishes of Illinois, [Danville, Ill.]Pub. by authority of the State Legislature url , .
- ... The fishes of Illinois, by Stephen Alfred Forbes. .. and Robert Earl Richardson, A.M. [Danville, Ill.]: Pub. by authority of the state Legislature,  url , p. 161, p. 267.
- 1990-1991 annual progress report, long-term Illinois River fish population monitoring program / Richard E. Sparks and K. Douglas Blodgett. Havana, Ill.: Illinois Natural History Survey, River Research Laboratory of the Forbes Biological Station, 1991. url p. 36, p. 44, p. 62.
- A Directory of Neotropical Wetlands. IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 342, p. 343, p. 356, p. 608.
- A bibliography of fishes, New York, American Museum of Natural History, 1916-1923. url , , , .
- A bibliography of fishes, by Bashford Dean. .. New York: American Museum of Natural History, 1916-1923. url p. 155, p. 155, p. 297, p. 297, p. 440, p. 444, p. 444, p. 532, p. 79.
- A biological survey of the sand dune region on the south shore of Saginaw Bay, Michigan. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Lansing, Mich.: Wynkoop, Hallenbeck, Crawford co., state printers, 1911. url p. 254, p. 26.
- A checklist of the vertebrate animals of Kansas / George D. Potts, Joseph T. Collins. [Lawrence, Kan.]: Museum of Natural History, University of Kansas, 1991. url p. 29.
- A distributional atlas of Upper Mississippi River fishes / [by] Philip W. Smith, Alvin C. Lopinot [and] William L. Pflieger. Urbana: [s. n.]; 1971. url p. 19, p. 9.
- A guide to the study of fishes, New York, H. Holt, 1905. url , .
- A guide to the study of fishes, by David Starr Jordan. .. New York, H. Holt and Company, 1905. url p. 291, p. 304, p. xvi.
- A list of common and scientific names of fishes from the United States and Canada. Report presented at the eighty-ninth annual meeting, Clearwater, Fla., Sept. 16-18, 1959. Ann Arbor, Mich., 1960. url p. 27.
- A list of the fishes of Hawaii, with notes and descriptions of new species, by David Starr Jordan and Eric Knight Jordan. Pittsburgh, Board of trustees of the Carnegie Institute, 1922. url p. 92.
- A list of the fishes of Hawaii: with notes and descriptions of new species / by David Starr Jordan and Eric Knight Jordan. Pittsburgh: Published by the authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute, 1922. url p. 92.
- A list of the fishes of Pennsylvania / by Henry W. Fowler. Washington, D.C.: Biological Society of Washington, 1919 url p. 69.
- A manual of land and fresh water vertebrate animals of the United States (exclusive of birds) by Henry Sherring Pratt. .. with 184 illustrations. Philadelphia, Blakiston's[c1923] url p. 120, p. 121.
- A manual of the vertebrate animals of the northern United States: including the district north and east of the Ozark mountains, south of the Laurentian hills, north of the southern boundary of Virginia, and east of the Missouri river, inclusive of marine species / Chicago:A. C. McClurg, 1916. url .
- A naturalist in the Great Lakes region, by Elliot Rowland Downing. .. Chicago, Ill., The University of Chicago Press[c1922] url , p. 315.
- A new bacterial disease of fresh-water fishes. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1922. url p. 263, p. 269, p. 280.
- A revision of the cestode family, Proteocephalidae, by George Roger La Rue. Urbana, University of Illinois, 1914 url p. 145, p. 291.
- A synoptic list of the fishes known to occur within fifty miles of Chicago, by S. E. Meeks and S. F. Hildebrand. Chicago, 1910. url p. 316.
- Abbey & Imbrie centennial fish stories. New York, Baker, Murray & Imbrie, inc.[c1920] url p. 12.
- Acute and chronic toxicity to zooplankton of pure pentachlorophenol and a technical formulation: laboratory and field studies / prepared for Environment Ontario by Gladys L. Stephenson and Narinder K. Kaushik. [Toronto]: Queen's Printer for Ontario, c1991. url p. 50.
- Adult and juvenile fish populations near the D.C. Cook Nuclear Power Plant Southeastern Lake Michigan, during preoperational (1973-74) and operational (1975-79) years / Ann Arbor, Mich.: Great Lakes Research Division, the University of Michigan, 1985. url p. 8.
- Adult and juvenile fish, ichthyoplankton and benthos populations in the vicinity of the J. H. Campbell Power Plant, eastern Lake Michigan, 1977 / Ann Arbor, Mich.: Great Lakes Research Division, University of Michigan, 1978. url p. 496.
- Adult, juvenile and larval fish in the vicinity of the J.H. Campbell Power Plant, eastern Lake Michigan, 1978 / Ann Arbor, Mich.: Great Lakes Research Division, University of Michigan, 1979. url p. 332, p. 62.
- Adult, juvenile and larval fish populations in the vicinity of the J.H. Campbell Power Plant, eastern Lake Michigan, 1979 / Ann Arbor, Mich.: Great Lakes Research Division, The University of Michigan, 1980. url p. 49.
- American fishes in Italy. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1910 url p. 950, p. 953.
- American food and game fishes. A popular account of all the species found in America north of the equator, with keys for ready identification, life histories and methods of capture, . by David Starr Jordan...and Barton Warren Evermann...illustrated with colored plates and text drawings, and with photographs from life, by A. Radclyffe Dugmore. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page & Co., 1908. url p. 357.
- American food and game fishes: a popular account of all the species found in America, north of the equator, with keys for ready identification, life histories and methods of capture, by David Starr Jordan and Barton Warren Evermann; with photos. from life by A. Radclyffe Dugmore. New York: Doubleday, Page, 1908, c1902. url .
- An annotated catalogue of the fishes of Maine. Portland, Me., 1914. url p. 177.
- An ecological characterization of Coastal Maine (north and east of Cape Elizabeth) / Stewart I. Fefer and Patricia S. Schettig: principal investigators. Newton Corner, Mass.: Department of the Interior, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Northeast Region, 1980. url .
- An ecological study of southern Wisconsin fishes; the brook silversides (Labidesthes sicculus) and the cisco (Leucichthys artedi) in their relations to the region, Urbana, Ill., The University of Illinois, c1927 url p. 103, p. 25, p. 31, p. 39, p. 49, p. 50, p. 56, p. 59, p. 84.
- An evaluation of Seth E. Meek's contributions to Mexican ichthyology / Robert Rush Miller. 69 1976 [Chicago]: Field Museum of Natural History, 1976. url p. 19.
- An inventory of the fishes of Jordan Creek, Vermilion County, Illinois / R. Weldon Larimore, Quentin H. Pickering, Leonard Durham. Urbana, Ill.: Natural History Survey Division, 1952. url p. 8.
- Animal Ecology. Englewood Cliffs, N.J., Prentice-Hall, 1961. url p. 450.
- Animal and plant life in Oklahoma, Norman, 1917. url .
- Animal communities in temperate America: as illustrated in the Chicago region; a study in animal ecology / by Victor E. Shelford. .. Chicago, Ill.: Published for the Geographic Society of Chicago by the University of Chicago Press, [c1937] url p. 120, p. 156, p. 85.
- Annual report of the Commissioner of Fisheries to the Secretary of Commerce for the fiscal year ended. .. Washington: G.P.O., 1914-1940. url p. 10, p. 10, p. 15, p. 17, p. 18, p. 20, p. 24, p. 24, p. 25, p. 27, p. 36, p. 4, p. 5, p. 6, p. 7, p. 7, p. 7, p. 8, p. 8, p. 9, p. 9.
- Annual report of the New Jersey State Museum: including a list of the specimens received during the year: financial report, with a report of the mammals of New Jersey and a supplement to former reports, 1907. Trenton, N.J.: MacCrellish & Quigley, 1908. url p. 208.
- Annual report of the New York State College of Agriculture at Cornell University and the Agricultural Experiment Station. [Ithaca, N.Y.?], 1911-1971. (Albany, N.Y.: url p. 2026.
- Aquatic life. Philadelphia: J.E. Bausman. url p. 143, p. 7.
- Artificial propagation of the black basses, Washington, Gov't print off., 1900 [i. e.1907] url .
- Bass, pike, perch and other game fishes of America, Cincinnati, Stewart & Kidd Company, 1919. url , , , , , .
- Behavior monographs. Cambridge, Mass.: H. Holt & Co., 1911-1922. url p. 106.
- Bulletin / Illinois Natural History Survey. Urbana, State of Illinois, Dept. of Registration and Education, Natural History Survey Division, 1918-1985. url , , , p. 1, p. 109, p. 13, p. 155, p. 158, p. 217, p. 218, p. 272, p. 276, p. 28, p. 304, p. 329, p. 336, p. 344, p. 345, p. 386, p. 418, p. 44, p. 5, p. 500, p. 520, p. 534, p. 535, p. 537, p. 584, p. 585, p. 614, p. 635, p. 696, p. 735.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: BM(NH) url p. 72.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1971- url p. 128, p. 142, p. 152, p. 47.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 11, p. 17.
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url , , , p. 10, p. 103, p. 117, p. 118, p. 118, p. 121, p. 123, p. 13, p. 137, p. 139, p. 141, p. 150, p. 150, p. 150, p. 160, p. 163, p. 171, p. 173, p. 175, p. 178, p. 185, p. 188, p. 19, p. 191, p. 196, p. 198, p. 199, p. 20, p. 20, p. 20, p. 200, p. 201, p. 204, p. 207, p. 209, p. 223, p. 223, p. 223, p. 227, p. 227, p. 227, p. 237, p. 243, p. 245, p. 247, p. 249, p. 251, p. 253, p. 254, p. 255, p. 255, p. 255, p. 255, p. 255, p. 256, p. 258, p. 259, p. 26, p. 26, p. 265, p. 265, p. 27, p. 276, p. 285, p. 286, p. 29, p. 29, p. 29, p. 3, p. 312, p. 313, p. 315, p. 315, p. 323, p. 323, p. 345, p. 35, p. 36, p. 38, p. 387, p. 39, p. 39, p. 39, p. 4, p. 42, p. 42, p. 440, p. 45, p. 473, p. 484, p. 507, p. 51, p. 52, p. 524, p. 53, p. 59, p. 6, p. 6, p. 66, p. 67, p. 68, p. 68, p. 7, p. 72, p. 73, p. 76, p. 77, p. 9.
- Canadian fisherman. Gardenvale, Que. [etc.]National Business Publications [etc.] url p. 485.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. CambridgeUniversity Press1908-14 url p. 712.
- Check list of the fishes of the Dominion of Canada and Newfoundland. Ottawa, Printed by C. H. Parmelee, 1913. url , .
- Check list of the vertebrates of Ontario and catalogue of specimens in the Biological Section of the Provincial Museum. by C.W. Nash. Toronto: L.K. Cameron, 1908. url p. 88.
- Check-list of the species of fishes known from the Philippine Archipelago, Manila, Bureau of printing, 1910. url p. 310.
- Clark Fork Basin Project status report and action plan / prepared by Howard E. Johnson, [and] Carole L. Schmidt. Helena, Mont.: Clark Fork Basin Project, Office of the Governor,  url p. 142.
- College zoology, New York, The Macmillan company, 1912 url p. 467.
- College zoology. New YorkMacmillan1918 url p. 467.
- Commercial fisheries review. [Washington]: National Marine Fisheries Service; [for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.] url p. 103, p. 20, p. 39, p. 40.
- Contents and index to volume 7, numbers 1 to 12, Zoological series / Charles B. Cory. 7 1912 Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1912. url p. ix, p. viii.
- Copeia. [New York, N.Y., etc.]: American Society of Ichthyologists and Herpetologists. url , , p. 12, p. 56, p. 80.
- Copepod parasites of fresh-water fishes and their economic relations to mussel glochidia. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1916. url p. 356, p. 367.
- Current bibliography for aquatic sciences and fisheries. London, Taylor & Francis ltd. url p. 1026, p. 104, p. 123, p. 124, p. 168, p. 236, p. 237, p. 271, p. 282, p. 282, p. 296, p. 298, p. 319, p. 322, p. 325, p. 355, p. 362, p. 364, p. 365, p. 425, p. 47, p. 477, p. 500, p. 509, p. 513, p. 556, p. 588, p. 597, p. 630, p. 639, p. 649, p. 697, p. 925, p. 963, p. 99, p. 998.
- Dean bibliography of fishes. New York: American Museum of Natural History, 1971-1973. url p. 101, p. 110, p. 131, p. 168, p. 171, p. 191, p. 220, p. 225, p. 227, p. 228, p. 238, p. 238, p. 24, p. 240, p. 242, p. 244, p. 245, p. 25, p. 253, p. 257, p. 266, p. 272, p. 276, p. 286, p. 289, p. 293, p. 296, p. 299, p. 301, p. 305, p. 309, p. 311, p. 322, p. 324, p. 325, p. 326, p. 328, p. 329, p. 330, p. 331, p. 332, p. 394, p. 4, p. 412, p. 43, p. 44, p. 447, p. 45, p. 499, p. 535, p. 565, p. 566, p. 567, p. 572, p. 575, p. 593, p. 597, p. 601, p. 603, p. 61, p. 614, p. 619, p. 634, p. 640, p. 643, p. 649, p. 651, p. 660, p. 665, p. 667, p. 668, p. 670, p. 677, p. 678, p. 712, p. 714, p. 715, p. 717, p. 718, p. 724, p. 725, p. 728, p. 729, p. 73, p. 730, p. 736, p. 740, p. 741, p. 743, p. 745, p. 87, p. 96.
- Distribution and abundance of fishes and invertebrates in Gulf of Mexico estuaries / project team, David M. Nelson (editor). .. [et al.]. Rockville, Md.: U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Ocean Service, - url p. 103, p. 150, p. 188, p. 84.
- Diver assessment of the inshore southeastern Lake Michigan environment near the D.C. Cook Nuclear Plant, 1973-1982 / [Ann Arbor, Mich.]: University of Michigan, [1986?]. url p. 160.
- Effect of gibberellic acid and 2, 4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid on waterhyacinth, Eichhornia crassipes (Mart.) Solms / 1982. url p. 29.
- Energy and environmental stress in aquatic systems: selected papers from a symposium held at Augusta, Georgia, November 2-4, 1977 / sponsored by Savannah River Ecology Laboratory, Institute of Ecology, University of Georgia, Assistant Secretary for Environment, U.S. Department of Energy, Savannah River National Environmental Resea [Washington]: Technical Information Center, U.S. Dept. of Energy; 1978. url p. 348, p. 362, p. 363, p. 502, p. 841, p. 848.
- Environmental inventory and assessment of Navigation Pools 24, 25, and 26, Upper Mississippi and Lower Illinois Rivers: an electrofishing survey of the Illinois River / Richard E. Sparks. [Urbana, Ill.: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Water Resources Center], 1977. url p. 3, p. 33, p. 43, p. 6, p. 78, p. 88.
- Experiments in propagation of freshwater mussels of the Quadrula group. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1914. url p. 15, p. 15, p. 18, p. 18, p. 20, p. 24, p. 24, p. 25, p. 25, p. 27, p. 27, p. 36, p. 36.
- FWS/0BS. [Washington]Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. of the Interior. url p. 118, p. 149, p. 255, p. 287, p. 293, p. 309.
- Familiar fish, New York, D. Appleton and company, 1909. url p. 212.
- Fauna of New England, 8. List of the pisces, by William C. Kendall. Boston, Printed for the [Boston] Society [of Natural History] from the G. Saltonstall Fund, 1908. url p. 91.
- Final environmental impact statement: proposed estuarine sanctuary grant award for Apalachicola Bay and lower Apalachicola River, Franklin County, Florida to State of Florida / Washington, D.C.: Office of Coastal Zone Management, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, 1979. url .
- Fish and Wildlife Habitat Changes Resulting from Construction of a Nine-Foot Channel on Pools 24, 25, and 26 of the Mississippi River and the Lower Illinois River, Ft. BelvoirDefense Technical Information CenterAPR 1979. url p. 243, p. 445.
- Fish and fish egg distribution report of the National Fish Hatchery System. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, [1986- url p. 100, p. 29, p. 61, p. 61.
- Fish culture in ponds and other inland waters, New York, Sturgis & Walton company, 1913. url , .
- Fish hatchery management / Robert G. Piper. .. [et al.]. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service, 1986. url .
- Fish ponds on farms. By Robert S. Johnson and M. F. Stapleton. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1915. url p. 17.
- Fish ponds on farms. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1917. url p. 20.
- Fish, wildlife and recreational values of Michigan's coastal wetlands / Twin Cities, Minn.: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Region III, 1978. url p. 114.
- Fishcraft, a treatise on fresh water fish and fishing, Cincinnati, Sportsman's digest, 1922. url p. 61.
- Fisheries of the United States, 1908. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1911. url p. 307, p. 309, p. 313.
- Fisherman's lures and game-fish food / by Louis Rhead; illustrated by the author. New York: C. Scribner's Sons, 1920. url .
- Fishery bulletin / U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Marine Fisheries Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service: url , , , p. 1002, p. 104, p. 107, p. 1092, p. 114, p. 117, p. 198, p. 199, p. 307, p. 318, p. 43, p. 471, p. 473, p. 538, p. 545, p. 555, p. 566, p. 588, p. 737, p. 738, p. 741, p. 886, p. 93.
- Fishery leaflet / United States Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service, url p. 9.
- Fishery statistics of the United States / prepared by Data Management and Statistics Division. Washington, D.C.: Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Marine Fisheries Service: url p. 220, p. 257, p. 273, p. 313, p. 316, p. 349.
- Fishes and fishing; Saint Paul? Minn., c1907 url p. 103, p. 22.
- Fishes and their ways of life, by Louis Roule. .. translated from the French by Conrad Elphinstone. New York, W.W. Norton & company, inc.[c1935] url p. 200.
- Fishes in Kansas / Frank B. Cross, Joseph T. Collins; foreword by John E. Hayes, Jr. Lawrence, Kan.: University of Kansas Natural History Museum: c1995. url p. 208, p. 277, p. xvi.
- Fishes of Canada's national capital region = Poissons de la région de la capitale du Canada / Ottawa: Dept. of the Environment, Fisheries and Marine Service, 1974. url p. 150, p. 192.
- Fishes of Colorado / Max M. Ellis. Boulder: University of Colorado, 1914. url p. 100, p. 101, p. 120, p. 99.
- Fishes of Maine. Augusta, Maine Dept. of Inland Fisheries and Game, 1950. url p. 48.
- Fishes of the Pamlico-Albemarle Peninsula, N.C.: area utilization and potential impacts / Morehead City, N.C.: N.C. Dept. of Natural Resources and Community Development, Division of Marine Fisheries,  url p. 44.
- Fishes of the Yellowstone national park; with description of the park waters and notes on fishing, by Hugh M. Smith and William C. Kendall. .. Washington, Govt. Print Off., 1921. url p. 5.
- Fishes of the vicinity of New York City / by John Treadwell Nichols, with an introduction by William K. Gregory. New York: American Museum of Natural History, 1918. url p. 109.
- Fresh-water biology, New York, John Wiley & sons, inc.; [etc., etc.]1918. url .
- Fresh-water biology, by Henry Baldwin Ward. .. and George Chandler Whipple. .. with the collaboration of a staff of specialists. New York: Wiley, 1944, c1918. url p. 1043.
- Game birds and game fishes of the Pacific Coast, by H. T. Payne. With ready reference diagrams of each family, giving the scientific and common names of each genus and species, their relationship, breeding grounds and general range. Los Angeles: News Publishing Co., [c1913] url p. 148.
- Gas bubble disease: proceedings of a workshop held at Richland, Washington, October 8-9, 1974: cosponsored by Battelle, Pacific Northwest Laboratories, and U.S. Atomic Energy Commission / editors, D. H. Fickeisen and M. J. Schneider. Oak Ridge, Tenn.: Technical Information Center, Office of Public Affairs, Energy Research and Development Administration, 1976. url p. 70.
- General embryological information service. Utrecht, Hubrecht Laboratory. url p. 193, p. 93, p. 95.
- Handbook of protozoology, by Richard Roksabro Kudo...with one hundred and seventy-five illustrations. Springfield, Ill., C.C. Thomas, 1931. url p. 313, p. 438.
- Hawaiian fishes; a handbook of the fishes found among the islands of the central Pacific ocean, by Spencer Wilkie Tinker. .. illustrated by Gordon S. C. Chun and Y. Oda. Honolulu, Hawaii, Tongg publishing company, 1944. url p. 193, p. 396.
- IUCN Directory of Afrotropical Protected Areas IUCN, UNEP url p. 1025, p. 199, p. 452, p. 454, p. 697, p. 979, p. 988, p. 999.
- Illinois Natural History Survey bulletin. Champaign, Ill.: The Survey, 1987- url p. 54.
- Illinois River Bluffs area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, [and the] State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, Ill.: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1998- url p. 116, p. 118.
- Illinois biological monographs. Urbana, Univ. of Illinois Press. url p. 145, p. 146, p. 291.
- International review of the science and practice of agriculture. Rome: International Institute of Agriculture, Bureau of Agricultural Intelligence and Plant Diseases, 1916-1926. url p. 1807.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 14 1994 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 144, p. 213.
- Journal of the Kentucky Academy of Science. Lexington, KY: The Academy, 1998- url p. 59.
- Kankakee River fishes of the Braidwood station aquatic monitoring area, August 1988 / [Champaign], Ill.: Illinois Natural History Survey, Jan. 1989. url p. 23.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. A physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis]Dept. of Conservation, State of Indiana [Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 100.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. a physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 14.
- Lake Maxinkuckee: a physical and biological survey / by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. Indianapolis: Dept. of Conservation, 1920. url p. 100, p. 14, p. 18, p. 299, p. 305, p. 414, p. 487.
- Lee Metcalf National Wildlife Refuge bullfrog and painted turtle investigations: 1997 / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program; c1998. url .
- Life-histories of the frogs of Okefinokee swamp, Georgia; North American Salientia (Anura) no.2; by Albert Hazen Wright. New York, The Macmillan company, 1931. url p. 270.
- MAB Biosphere Reserves: Site Descriptions, post compilation 5 (October 1990) UNESCO MAB Programme url .
- Madagascar: an environmental profile IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 195, p. 219, p. 224, p. 225.
- Man and the biological world [by] J. Speed Rogers, Theodore H. Hubbell [and] C. Francis Byers; with illus. by William L. Brudon. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1952. url p. 660.
- Management of artificial lakes and ponds. New York, Reinhold Pub. Corp. url p. 270.
- Maps showing distribution of Illinois fishes to accompany a report on the fishes of Illinois / by Stephen Alfred Forbes, and Robert Earl Richardson. Springfield, Ill.: State of Illinois; 1919. url p. 161, p. 2.
- Marine products of commerce; their acquisition, handling, biological aspects, and the science and techology of their preparation and preservation, by Donald K. Tressler and James McW. Lemon in collaboration with Alexander E. Alexander [and others] New York, Book Division, Reinhold, 1951. url p. 295.
- Miscellaneous papers on the zoology of Michigan. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven, chief naturalist; pub. as a part of the Annual report of the Board of geological survey for 1915. Lansing, Mich.: W.H. Crawford Co., state printers, 1916. url p. 155, p. 17, p. 17, p. 18, p. 18, p. 19, p. 19, p. 24, p. 24, p. 30, p. 30.
- Miscellaneous publication - University of Kansas, Museum of Natural History. 1967 Lawrence: University of Kansas, 1946-1996. url p. 252, p. 5.
- Montana wild life. Official publication Montana Fish & Game Dept. Helena, 1928-32 url p. 7.
- Montana wildlife / Montana Fish and Game Department official publication, Information-Education Division. Helena, Mont.: The Division, url p. 9.
- Museum bulletin / Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1908-1916. url p. 111.
- Name that animal; a guide to the identification of the common land and fresh-water animals of the United States, with special reference to the area east of the Rockies. With drawings by Olive Driver. Northampton? Mass., 1950 url p. 301, p. 303.
- Natural areas inventory, Gates County, North Carolina / Raleigh: North Carolina Coastal Energy Impact Program, Office of Coastal Management, North Carolina Dept. of Natural Resources and Community Development,  url p. 152.
- Natural history of Hawaii, being an account of the Hawaiian people, the geology and geography of the islands, and the native and introduced plants and animals of the group, Honolulu, Hawaii[Printed for the author by] the Hawaiian gazette co., ltd., 1915. url p. 378, p. 519.
- Naturalist's guide to the Americas, prepared by the Committee on the Preservation of Natural Conditions of the Ecological Society of America, with assistance from numerous organizations and individuals, assembled and edited by chairman, Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1926. url p. 458, p. 458.
- Naturalization of American fishes in Austrian waters. By Franz von Pirko. .. Paper presented before the Fourth International fishery congress, held at Washington. .. September 22 to 26, 1908. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1910. url p. 982.
- North American freshwater leeches, exclusive of the Piscicolidae, with a key to all species Urbana, University of Illinois Press url p. 27.
- Northern fishes: with special reference to the Upper Mississippi Valley / [by] Samuel Eddy and Thaddeus Surber. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press,  url p. 265.
- Occasional papers / Tulane University, Museum of Natural History. 1994 [Belle Chasse, La.]: The Museum, 1977- url p. 20.
- Occasional papers of the Museum of Zoology, University of Michigan. Ann Arbor, Mich.: University of Michigan, 1913- url p. 11, p. 13, p. 7.
- Occasional papers on mollusks. 3 1973 Cambridge, Mass.: Dept. of Mollusks, Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard University, 1945- url p. 284, p. 522.
- Ontogeny and systematics of fishes: based on an international symposium dedicated to the memory of Elbert Halvor Ahlstrom / sponsored by the National Marine Fisheries Service, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, United States Dept. of Commerce. [New York?]: American Society of Ichthyologists and Herpetologists, c1984. url p. 51.
- Pesticides monitoring journal. [Washington, D.C.: For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. G.P.O., 1967-1981. url , p. 103, p. 118, p. 138, p. 171, p. 396, p. 40, p. 54, p. 86.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 540, p. 579, p. 714.
- Proceedings of the third USA-USSR symposium on the effects of pollutants upon aquatic ecosystems. Duluth, Minn.: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 1980. url p. 101, p. 170, p. 58, p. 60.
- Propagation and distribution of fishes from national fish hatcheries for the fiscal year. .. / prepared by the Division of Fish Hatcheries, Bureau of Sport Fisheries and Wildlife. [Washington, D.C.]: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service, Bureau of Sport Fisheries and Wildlife, url p. 64, p. 81.
- Propagation and distribution of food fishes / United States Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service [U.S. Govt. Print. Off.], url p. 49, p. 63.
- Proposed estuarine sanctuary grant award to the state of New York for a Hudson River estuarine sanctuary. Albany, N.Y.: New York, Dept. of Environmental Conservation,  url p. 116.
- Protected Landscapes: experience around the world. Prepared for the International Symposium on Protected Landscapes, Grange-over-Sands, England 5-10 October 1987 IUCN url p. 370.
- Protection and preservation of food fishes in international boundary waters of the United States and Canada. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1910 url p. 3.
- Protozoology, by Richard R. Kudo. .. With three hundred and thirty-six illustrations. Springfield, Ill., C.C. Thomas, 1946. url p. 531.
- Protozoology, by Richard Roksabro Kudo... with two hundred and ninety-one illustrations. Springfield, Ill., Thomas[c1939] url p. 468, p. 669.
- Protozoology. Springfield, Ill., C. C. Thomas url p. 660.
- Report of the Commissioner of Fisheries for the fiscal year. .. and special papers Washington: G.P.O., 1906-1914. url p. 10, p. 8, p. 8.
- Report of the United States Commissioner of Fisheries for the fiscal year. .. with appendixes Washington: G.P.O., 1914- url , p. 13, p. 13, p. 297, p. 324, p. 342, p. 351, p. 354, p. 403, p. 444, p. 463, p. 465, p. 533, p. 557, p. 557, p. 6, p. 60, p. 617, p. 630, p. 686, p. 7, p. 7, p. 7, p. 78, p. 8, p. 8, p. 8, p. 84.
- Rock River area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, Natural History Survey Division, in conjunction with State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, IL: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1996- url p. 102, p. 137.
- Roosevelt wild life bulletin. .. of the Roosevelt Life Forest Experiment Station of the New York College of Forestry at Syracuse University. Syracuse, N.Y.: The University, c1922- url p. 65, p. 80, p. 81.
- Sex and internal secretions. Contributors: A. Albert [and others] Foreword by George W. Corner. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1961. url p. 1564.
- Some North American fish trematodes, Urbana, Ill., c1926 url p. 61.
- Special scientific report--wildlife / U.S. Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service, 1949- url p. 590.
- Special scientific report. Seattle, National Marine Fisheries Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1949-1971. url , p. 1, p. 11, p. 12, p. 2, p. 25, p. 27, p. 5, p. 5, p. 51, p. 6.
- Studies on Myxosporidia; a synopsis of genera and species of Myxosporidia; with 25 plates and 2 textfigures, by Rokusaburo Kudo. .. Urbana, Ill., University of Illinois, c1920 url p. 173, p. 173, p. 32.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 156, p. 21.
- Technical publication / New York State College of Forestry at Syracuse University. Syracuse, N.Y.: The College, 1914- url p. 188, p. 220, p. 222, p. 259, p. 358.
- Temporal and social aspects of the foraging ecology of a piscivore, the osprey (Pandion haliaetus) / by Thomas C. Edwards, Jr. 1987. url , p. 13.
- The Big Blackfoot River Fisheries and restoration investigations for 2006 and 2007 / [Missoula, Mont.]: Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks,  url .
- The Big Blackfoot River Fisheries restoration report for 2004 and 2005 / by Ron Pierce and Craig Podner. Missoula, MT: Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks, 2006. url p. 14.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url , , p. 113, p. 122, p. 150, p. 204, p. 21, p. 210, p. 211, p. 223, p. 234, p. 242, p. 298, p. 306, p. 363, p. 398, p. 422, p. 425, p. 43, p. 437, p. 457, p. 464, p. 47, p. 475, p. 479, p. 48, p. 481, p. 483, p. 49, p. 499, p. 502, p. 505, p. 508, p. 51, p. 511, p. 520, p. 53, p. 54, p. 545, p. 546, p. 547, p. 56, p. 637, p. 647, p. 684, p. 74, p. 746, p. 79.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 31 1971 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 170, wilde, page 249, fig. 2, page 364, p. 364, p. 372, p. 399, wilde & paulson 485, p. 511, p. 518, p. 75, p. 77, p. 79.
- The Journal of the East Africa and Uganda Natural History Society. London; Longmans, Green, -1942. url p. 14.
- The Natural history of the Toronto Region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. -- Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url p. 268.
- The Philippine journal of science. Manila: Bureau of Science url p. 310, p. 346.
- The United States Bureau of fisheries, its establishment, functions, organization, resources, operations, and achievements. Washington, Govt. print. off, 1908. url p. 12.
- The breeding ecology of four species of herons at Lake Alice, Alachua county, Florida. 1961. url .
- The changing Illinois environment: critical trends: technical report of the Critical Trends Assessment Project. Springfield, Ill.: Ill. Dept. of Energy and Natural Resources, 1994. url p. 164.
- The complete angler and huntsman, by Thomas Hubert Hutton and Stanley Blake. Berry, Ky., 1919. url p. 49, p. 49.
- The days of a man, being memories of a naturalist, teacher and minor prophet of democracy. Yonkers-on-Hudson, N.Y.World book company1922 url p. 229.
- The days of a man: being memories of a naturalist, teacher, and minor prophet of democracy / by David Starr Jordan Yonkers-on-Hudson, N.Y.: World Book Co., 1922 url p. 229, p. 263.
- The distribution and food of the fishes of three Wisconsin lakes in summer. By A. S. Pearse. Madison, 1921. url p. 10, p. 17, p. 18, p. 19, p. 36, p. 44, p. 47.
- The ecology and economics of Oneida Lake fish / by Charles C. Adams and T.L. Hankinson. Syracuse, N.Y.: Roosevelt Wild Life Forest Experiment Station, c1928. url , p. 478.
- The ecology of delta marshes of coastal Louisiana: a community profile / by James G. Gosselink. Washington, DC: National Coastal Ecosystems Team, Division of Biological Services, Research Development, Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. of the Interior: 1984. url p. 124.
- The ecology of the Apalachicola Bay system: an estuarine profile / by Robert J. Livingston (Department of Biological Science, Florida State University); prepared for National Coastal Ecosystems Team, Division of Biological Services, Research and Development, Fish an Washington, D.C.: The Service,  url p. 61.
- The experimental method of testing the efficiency of warning and cryptic coloration in protecting animals from their enemies, [PhiladelphiaAcademy of Natural Sciences]1912. url .
- The fishes of Champaign County, Illinois: during a century of alterations of a prairie ecosystem / Champaign, IL: Illinois Natural History Survey, 1996. url p. 121, p. 170, p. 171, p. 66, p. 67.
- The fishes of Illinois / Stephen Alfred Forbes and Robert Earl Richardson. [Springfield, Ill.]Published by authority of the State of Illinois, 1920. url , , p. 267.
- The fishes of Illinois / by Stephen Alfred Forbes and Robert Earl Richardson. [Springfield, Ill.: Illinois State Journal Co.], 1919-1920. url p. 267, p. viii, p. xi.
- The fishes of North Carolina / Raleigh, N.C.: E.M. Uzzell, 1907. url , .
- The fishes of North Carolina, by Hugh M. Smith. Raleigh, E. M. Uzzell & co., state printers and binders, 1907. url , p. 245.
- The food of the fishes of Winona Lake / by Willis DeRyke. With a general introduction by Will Scott. Indianapolis: Division of Fish and Game, 1922. url , p. 11, p. 13, p. 16, p. 17, p. 20, p. 21, p. 22, p. 24, p. 25, p. 26, p. 29, p. 30, p. 32, p. 33, p. 35, p. 38, p. 41, p. 42, p. 44, p. 8, p. 9.
- The food of the shore fishes of Certain Wisconsin lakes. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1918. url , p. 258, p. 266, p. 277, p. 278, p. 289.
- The grass pickerel, Esox americanus vermiculatus LeSueur in Canada / [Toronto]: Royal Ontario Museum, 1962. url p. 12.
- The implanation of the glochidium on the fish, by Daisy Young. Columbia, Mo., University of Missouri, 1911. url .
- The life history of the least darter, Etheostoma microperca, in the Iroquois River, Illinois / Brooks M. Burr and Lawrence M. Page. Urbana, Ill.: State of Illinois, Illinois Institute of Natural Resources, Natural History Survey Division, Illinois Natural History Survey,  url p. 12.
- The mussel fauna of the Kankakee basin. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1912. url p. 11, p. 40.
- The natural history of Chautauqua. New York: B. W. Huebsch, 1917. url p. 79.
- The natural history of the Toronto region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url p. 268.
- The papillose Allocreadiidae; a study of their morphology, life histories, and relationships, Urbana, Ill., University of Illinois, 1934 url p. 29.
- The relation of shellfish to fish in Oneida Lake, New York. Syracuse, N.Y., 1918 url p. 34.
- The treatment of fish-cultural waters for the removal of algæ. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1910. url p. 876.
- The vertebrates of the Cayuga Lake basin, N. Y., n.p., 1909? url .
- The zoölogy of the lakes Amatitlan and Atitlan, Guatemala, with special reference to ichthyology. 7 1908 Chicago, 1908. url p. 175.
- Threatened wildlife of the United States. Washington, Bureau of Sport Fisheries and Wildlife [for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.]1973. url p. 44.
- Timber management: a programmatic environmental analysis record for BLM-administered lands in western Oregon / Office, 1974 url p. 55.
- Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Science. Springfield, Ill., Illinois State Academy of Science [etc.] url , , , p. 195.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 1, p. 10, p. 10, p. 107, p. 108, p. 11, p. 114, p. 114, p. 12, p. 14, p. 140, p. 149, p. 153, p. 158, p. 162, p. 167, p. 168, p. 189, p. 190, p. 200, p. 21, p. 23, p. 236, p. 25, p. 3, p. 31, p. 36, p. 4, p. 4, p. 47, p. 5, p. 51, p. 52, p. 53, p. 58, p. 59, p. 6, p. 60, p. 61, p. 63, p. 66, p. 67, p. 68, p. 7, p. 7, p. 70, p. 77, p. 79, p. 8, p. 8, p. 88, p. 89, p. 9, p. 9, p. 96.
- Trematodes of the Pacific Northwest, an annotated catalog [by] Ivan Pratt [and] James E. McCauley. Corvallis, Oregon State University Press url p. 110, p. 24.
- Tulane studies in zoology and botany. 21 1979 New Orleans: Tulane University, [1968- url fig. 1, page 103, p. 109, p. 110, p. 117, p. 120, p. 122, p. 133, p. 135, p. 150, p. 17, p. 22, p. 61, p. 92.
- Tulane studies in zoology. 9 1962 New Orleans: Tulane University, 1953-1968. url p. 173, p. 174, p. 177, p. 225, p. 89.
- University of Kansas publications, Museum of Natural History. 11 1959 Lawrence, University of Kansas. url p. 385, p. 411, p. 465, maps 139-140, page 532, p. 555, p. 63, p. 696, p. 80.
- Value of mussel beds to sport fisheries, Project F-80-R: final report / Philip B. Moy and Richard E. Sparks. Havana, Ill.: Illinois Natural History Survey, Center for Aquatic Ecology,  url p. 116, p. 9.
- Vertebrate ecology and systematics: a tribute to Henry S. Fitch / edited by Richard A. Seigel. .. [et al.]. Lawrence: University of Kansas, 1984. url p. 273.
- Vertebrates of Ontario, by C. W. Nash. Department of Education, Toronto. Printed by order of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario Toronto, L. K. Cameron, 1908 url p. 88.
- World directory of hydrobiological and fisheries institutions. Washington, D.C.: American Institute of Biological Sciences, 1963. url p. 202.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 131992
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: Fis-24784
- Fishbase Species ID: 3385
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 4490920
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 168160
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: AFCQB12050
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 14922
- Page, L.M. and B.M. Burr (1991). A field guide to freshwater fishes of North America north of Mexico. Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston. 432 p. [back]
- Mean = 375.040 meters (1,230.446 feet), Standard Deviation = 514.700 based on 3,238 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]
- Billard, R. (1997). Les poissons d'eau douce des rivières de France. Identification, inventaire et répartition des 83 espèces. Lausanne: Delachaux & Niestlé, 192p. [back]
- Scott, W.B. and E.J. Crossman (1973). Freshwater fishes of Canada. Bull. Fish. Res. Board Can. 184:1-966. [back]