Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Bulgarian:
Common Names in Czech:
Sumecek Teckovan, Sumecek teckovaný
Common Names in Danish:
Kanalmalle, Plettet Dv, Plettet dværgmalle
Common Names in Dutch:
Channel katvis, Gestippelde Meerval
Common Names in English:
Catfish, channel catfish, graceful catfish
Common Names in Estonian:
Common Names in Finnish:
Common Names in French:
Barbue D'am, Barbue d'Amérique, Barbue De Rivi, barbue de riviÃ¨re, barbue de rivière, Poisson-Chat Tachet, Poisson-chat tacheté, Silure Tachet, Silure tacheté
Common Names in German:
Get, Getüpfelter Gabelwels
Common Names in Italian:
Pesce gatto puntado, Pesce gatto punteggiato
Common Names in Mandarin Chinese:
Common Names in Portuguese:
Common Names in Rumanian:
Somn de canal, Somn patat
Common Names in Russian:
Pyatnistyi, канальный сомик
Common Names in Spanish:
Azul, Bagre de canal, Barb, Coto punteado
Common Names in Swedish:
Prickig Dv, Prickig dvärgmal
Species Ictalurus punctatus
and snout: Slightly subterminal
, patches of numerous
fine teeth on jaws
. 8 obvious barbels
(4 pairs; 2 pair on chin, 1
pair on side of upper jaw (near corner of mouth), 1 pair on top of
snout). Body patterning, color, and scales
: Spotted as juveniles
and small adults
; spots fade with size and age yielding a solid color
as large adults. Color bluish gray or bluish olive, with irregular
small black spots
on sides. Belly white. Fins
and barbels moderately
to darkly pigmented
. No scales. Body shape
and size: Body dorsal-ventrally
flattened with a tapered head
; in cross
(with a long horizontal axis) to round
with a flattened ventral surface.
Typically 400-600 mm (16-24 in) TL
; maximum in Wisconsin about 850
mm (34 in).
Fins: Tail, dorsal and other fins: Forked tail. Single dorsal with 1 stout spine and 6-7 rays, attached by membrane . Pelvic fins abdominal . Adipose fin present. Anal fin with 24-27 rays (including rudimentary rays).
Distinguishing characteristics: The channel catfish can be distinguished by itsfree , flaplike adipose fin, by its deeply forked tail, in having its upper jaw extend slightly beyond the lower, in not having the tooth patch in the roof of its upper jaw with lateral backward extensions , and having its anal fin base longer than their post-orbital distance . See also similar species information.
Breeding adults: Similar to non-breeders, although males may be more bluish and have a swollen area above and behind eyes.
Juveniles: Similar to adults, with pronounced spots and a generally lighter color.
May live as long as 16 years in the wild, 5 years in captivity.
Biome: Marine .
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Bateson, 1885
- Cuvier, 1812
- Jawed Vertebrates
- Superclass: Osteichthyes () - Huxley, 1880
- Infraphylum: Gnathostomata () - auct. - Jawed Vertebrates
- Subphylum: Vertebrata () - Cuvier, 1812 - Vertebrates
- Phylum: Chordata () - Bateson, 1885 - Chordates
- Infrakingdom: Chordonia () - (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Deuterostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Ameirus nebulosus (Lesueur • Ameiurus vulgaris (Thompson • Amiurus nebulosus (Lesueur • Amiurus vulgaris (Thompson • Ictalurus nebulosus (Lesueur • Ictalurus nebulosus marmoratus (Holbrook • Ictalurus nebulosus nebulosus (Lesueur • Ictalurus nebulosus pannonicus Harka & Pinter • Ictalurus punctatus • Ictalurus punctatus Rafinesque • Pimelodus atrarius Dekay • Pimelodus felis Agassiz • Pimelodus marmoratus Holbrook • Pimelodus nebulosus Lesueur • Pimelodus vulgaris Thompson • Silurus coenosus Richardson • Silurus punctatus Rafinesque, 1818
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: Data last modified by FishBase 26-Apr-1994
Fish Name Anal Fin Color Pattern Head Similarity Index Comments Channel Catfish 24-27, edge rounded Spotted as juveniles, small adults; solid as large adults Relatively shallow, rounded profile; eye relatively large and dorsal N/A Flathead Catfish 14-16, edge rounded light brown to yellow, mottled with dark brown or black (mottling tendingt to disappear in adults) Broadly flattened, oval in cross-section, with short but wide horizontal mouth Moderately similar Blue Catfish 30-36, edge straight Solid at all ages Steep, straight or slightly concave profile; eye smaller and more lateral Very similar Not native to WI, but has been stocked in the past - not established
Members of the genus Ictalurus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 16 species and subspecies in this genus:
I. australis (Bagre Del Panuco) · I. balsanus (Bagre De Yaqui) · I. catus (White Bullhead) · I. dugesi (Lerma Catfish) · I. dugesii (Lerma Catfish) · I. furcatus (Blue Catfish) · I. lupus (Headwater Catfish) · I. melas (Black Bullhead) · I. meriodionalis (Gorgonian Tonguefish) · I. mexicanus (Bagre De Rio Verde) · I. natalis (Yellow Bullhead) · I. nebulosus (Brown Bullhead) · I. ochoterenai (Chapala Catfish) · I. platycephalus (Great Lakes Longear) · I. pricei (Bagre De Yaqui) · I. punctatus (Graceful Catfish)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... Catalogue of the fishes of New York. By Tarleton H. Bean. .. Albany, University of the state of New York, 1903. url p. 80.
- ... The fishes of Illinois, [Danville, Ill.]Pub. by authority of the State Legislature url , , .
- ... The fishes of Illinois, by Stephen Alfred Forbes. .. and Robert Earl Richardson, A.M. [Danville, Ill.]: Pub. by authority of the state Legislature,  url , p. 103, p. 180.
- ... The genera of fishes. .. A contribution to the stability of scientific nomenclature. By David Starr Jordan. Stanford University, Calif., The University, 1917-1920. url p. 280.
- 1990-1991 annual progress report, long-term Illinois River fish population monitoring program / Richard E. Sparks and K. Douglas Blodgett. Havana, Ill.: Illinois Natural History Survey, River Research Laboratory of the Forbes Biological Station, 1991. url p. 50, p. 8.
- A bibliography of fishes, by Bashford Dean. .. New York: American Museum of Natural History, 1916-1923. url p. 645.
- A catalogue of the fishes known to inhabit the waters of North America, north of the Tropic of Cancer, with notes on the species discovered in 1883 and 1884, by David Starr Jordan. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1885. url p. 15.
- A checklist of the vertebrate animals of Kansas / George D. Potts, Joseph T. Collins. [Lawrence, Kan.]: Museum of Natural History, University of Kansas, 1991. url p. 28.
- A distributional atlas of Upper Mississippi River fishes / [by] Philip W. Smith, Alvin C. Lopinot [and] William L. Pflieger. Urbana: [s. n.]; 1971. url p. 17, p. 8.
- A guide to the study of fishes, New York, H. Holt, 1905. url .
- A guide to the study of fishes, by David Starr Jordan. .. New York, H. Holt and Company, 1905. url , p. 180, p. 280, p. 291, p. 292, p. xiv.
- A list of common and scientific names of fishes from the United States and Canada. Report presented at the eighty-ninth annual meeting, Clearwater, Fla., Sept. 16-18, 1959. Ann Arbor, Mich., 1960. url p. 18.
- A list of the fishes of Pennsylvania / by Henry W. Fowler. Washington, D.C.: Biological Society of Washington, 1919 url p. 56.
- A manual of land and fresh water vertebrate animals of the United States (exclusive of birds) by Henry Sherring Pratt. .. with 184 illustrations. Philadelphia, Blakiston's[c1923] url p. 92.
- A manual of the vertebrate animals of the northern United States, including the district north and east of the Ozark mountains, south of the Laurentian hills, north of the southern boundary of Virgini by David Starr Jordan. Chicago: A.C. McClurg, 1910. url p. 39.
- A new bacterial disease of fresh-water fishes. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1922. url p. 269.
- A plan for an educational exhibit of fishes. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1910. url p. 1332.
- A preliminary report of the fishes of Minnesota. .. Saint Paul, Minn., 1897. url , .
- A synoptic list of the fishes known to occur within fifty miles of Chicago, by S. E. Meeks and S. F. Hildebrand. Chicago, 1910. url p. 240.
- Abstract of the proceedings of the Linnaean Society of New York. [New York]: The Society, [1889-1932]. url p. 116, p. 92.
- Adult and juvenile fish populations near the D.C. Cook Nuclear Power Plant Southeastern Lake Michigan, during preoperational (1973-74) and operational (1975-79) years / Ann Arbor, Mich.: Great Lakes Research Division, the University of Michigan, 1985. url p. 8.
- Adult, Juvenile, and larval fish populations in the vicinity of the James H. Campbell Plant, 1981: with special reference to the effectiveness of wedge-wire intake screens in reducing entrainment and impringement of fish / Ann Arbor, Mich.: Great Lakes Research Division, University of Michigan, 1982. url p. 78.
- American catfishes: habits, culture, and commercial importance. .. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1910. url p. 10, p. 12, p. 13, p. 14, p. 19, p. 26, p. 27, p. 31, p. 38, p. 8.
- American fishes: a popular treatise upon the game and food fishes of North America, with especial reference to habits and methods of capture / by G. Brown Goode. New York: Standard Book Co., 1888, c1887. url p. 377.
- American fishes; a popular treatise upon the game and food fishes of North America, with especial reference to habits and methods of capture, Boston, L. C. Page[c1903]. url , .
- American food and game fishes. A popular account of all the species found in America north of the equator, with keys for ready identification, life histories and methods of capture, . by David Starr Jordan...and Barton Warren Evermann...illustrated with colored plates and text drawings, and with photographs from life, by A. Radclyffe Dugmore. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page & Co., 1908. url , p. 21.
- American food and game fishes: A popular account of all the species found in America north of the equator, with keys of ready identification, life histories and methods of capture New York: Doubleday, Page & co., 1902. url , p. 21.
- American food and game fishes: a popular account of all the species found in America, north of the equator, with keys for ready identification, life histories and methods of capture, by David Starr Jordan and Barton Warren Evermann; with photos. from life by A. Radclyffe Dugmore. New York: Doubleday, Page, 1908, c1902. url , p. 21.
- An analytical subject bibliography of the publications of the Bureau of Fisheries, 1871-1920 Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1921 url p. 222, p. 80.
- An ecological study of southern Wisconsin fishes; the brook silversides (Labidesthes sicculus) and the cisco (Leucichthys artedi) in their relations to the region, Urbana, Ill., The University of Illinois, c1927 url p. 40, p. 41.
- Animal and plant life in Oklahoma, Norman, 1917. url .
- Annual report / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, c1904-1920. url p. 80.
- Annual report of the Commissioner of Fisheries to the Secretary of Commerce for the fiscal year ended. .. Washington: G.P.O., 1914-1940. url p. 10, p. 12, p. 18, p. 30, p. 32, p. 33, p. 34, p. 36, p. 39, p. 51, p. 8, p. 8, p. 9, p. 9.
- Annual report of the New Jersey State Museum. Trenton, N.J.: MacCrellish & Quigley, url p. 349, p. 371, p. 401, p. 431.
- Annual report of the New York Zoological Society. New York: New York Zoological Society, 1897- url p. 117, p. 125.
- Annual report of the Ohio State Academy of Science. Columbus: The Academy, 1893-1930. url p. 11, p. 19, p. 22.
- Aquatic community classification and ecosystem diversity in Montana's Missouri River watershed / [Helena, Mont.:Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2005. url .
- Aquatic surveys and assessment of the Slim Buttes region of Harding and Butte Co., SD / prepared for the Montana and South Dakota TNC field offices by David M. Stagliano. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2006. url .
- Aquatic surveys and assessment within the Middle Powder River watershed / [Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program, 2006]. url .
- Assessment and requirements of sauger and walleye populations in the lower Yellowstone River and it's [sic] tributaries / by Russell F. Penkal. [Helena?]: Dept. of Fish, Wildlife and Parks,  url p. 8.
- Bass, pike, perch and other game fishes of America, Cincinnati, Stewart & Kidd Company, 1919. url , , .
- Bass, pike, perch and others / by James A. Henshall. New York: Macmillan, 1903. url .
- Bass, pike, perch and others, by James A. Henshall. London, The Macmillan company, 1903. url , , , p. 405.
- Bass, pike, perch, and others, London, Macmillan, 1903. url , .
- Bio-ecology, by Frederic E. Clements. .. and Victor E. Shelford. .. New York, J. Wiley & Sons, inc.;1939. url p. 300.
- Biologia centrali-americana. Pisces. [London, Pub. for the editor by R. H. Porter]1906-08. url .
- Biological series. TorontoUniversity Press [etc.]1898-1956. url p. 58, p. 59, p. 61.
- Biology code of the Chemical-Biological Coordination Center... Washington, National Academy of Sciences, National Research Council, 1960. url p. 49.
- Biosorption, bioaccumulation and food chain transfer of organic chemicals: report prepared by F. A. P. C. Gobas and D. Mackay. Toronto: Ontario Ministry of the Environment, 1990. url p. 45.
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 739, p. 80.
- Bulletin / Illinois Natural History Survey. Urbana, State of Illinois, Dept. of Registration and Education, Natural History Survey Division, 1918-1985. url , p. 106, p. 232, p. 27, p. 303, p. 324, p. 328, p. 391, p. 418, p. 483, p. 500, p. 590, p. 635, p. 696.
- Bulletin / Smithsonian Institution, Bureau of American Ethnology. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1971. url p. 236.
- Bulletin / University of Montana. Missoula: University of Montana, 1901-1910. url .
- Bulletin of the Bureau of Fisheries. Washington, D.C.: Govt. Print. Off., 1905-1950. url p. 154, p. 226, p. 263, p. 269, p. 305, p. 306, p. 309, p. 328, p. 33, p. 331, p. 334, p. 335, p. 336, p. 361, p. 442, p. 455, p. 74.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1971- url p. 138, p. 152, p. 47.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 20, p. 23.
- Bulletin of the United States Fish Commission. Washington, The Commission, Govt. Print. Off. url , p. 175, p. 482, p. 72.
- Bulletin of the scientific laboratories of Denison University. Granville, Ohio: [The University], 1885- url p. 83.
- Bulletin, Gulf Biologic Station, Baton Rouge, Louisiana State Board of Agriculture and Immigration., 1902-1910. url p. 59.
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 104, p. 105, p. 108, p. 121, p. 124, p. 127, p. 141, p. 147, p. 162, p. 172, p. 178, p. 178, p. 200, p. 201, p. 201, p. 204, p. 205, p. 226, p. 238, p. 241, p. 247, p. 248, p. 253, p. 254, p. 255, p. 255, p. 255, p. 255, p. 258, p. 267, p. 280, p. 285, p. 304, p. 323, p. 323, p. 42, p. 428, p. 471, p. 49, p. 52, p. 6, p. 6, p. 61, p. 62, p. 68, p. 7, p. 80, p. 82, p. 82, p. 93, p. 93, p. 95, p. 99.
- Check list of the fishes of the Dominion of Canada and Newfoundland. Ottawa, Printed by C. H. Parmelee, 1913. url , , .
- Check list of the vertebrates of Ontario and catalogue of specimens in the Biological Section of the Provincial Museum. by C.W. Nash. Toronto: L.K. Cameron, 1908. url p. 20.
- College zoology, New York, The Macmillan company, 1912 url p. 458.
- College zoology, by Robert W. Hegner. New York, The Macmillan company, 1912. url p. 458.
- College zoology. New YorkMacmillan1918 url p. 458.
- Commercial fisheries review. [Washington]: National Marine Fisheries Service; [for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.] url p. 114, p. 127, p. 13, p. 35, p. 44, p. 49, p. 68, p. 84.
- Contents and index to volume 7, numbers 1 to 12, Zoological series / Charles B. Cory. 7 1912 Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1912. url p. viii.
- Contributions to Canadian biology. Toronto, Biological Board of Canada. url p. 152.
- Copepod parasites of fresh-water fishes and their economic relations to mussel glochidia. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1916. url p. 353, p. 361, p. 364.
- Current bibliography for aquatic sciences and fisheries. London, Taylor & Francis ltd. url , p. 1049, p. 125, p. 175, p. 236, p. 248, p. 255, p. 257, p. 263, p. 269, p. 270, p. 272, p. 273, p. 276, p. 290, p. 364, p. 521, p. 55, p. 556, p. 577, p. 590, p. 596, p. 650, p. 650, p. 655, p. 695, p. 762, p. 763, p. 824, p. 825, p. 847, p. 95, p. 99.
- Dean bibliography of fishes. New York: American Museum of Natural History, 1971-1973. url p. 100, p. 128, p. 129, p. 129, p. 13, p. 171, p. 172, p. 173, p. 183, p. 185, p. 187, p. 194, p. 195, p. 214, p. 216, p. 222, p. 223, p. 239, p. 240, p. 242, p. 243, p. 246, p. 248, p. 249, p. 254, p. 257, p. 263, p. 264, p. 265, p. 267, p. 272, p. 274, p. 278, p. 285, p. 288, p. 290, p. 291, p. 293, p. 302, p. 307, p. 315, p. 318, p. 326, p. 328, p. 329, p. 330, p. 331, p. 332, p. 334, p. 380, p. 408, p. 453, p. 461, p. 487, p. 49, p. 490, p. 513, p. 536, p. 539, p. 541, p. 569, p. 570, p. 571, p. 576, p. 577, p. 578, p. 595, p. 597, p. 599, p. 601, p. 603, p. 611, p. 613, p. 615, p. 616, p. 621, p. 627, p. 631, p. 632, p. 636, p. 640, p. 651, p. 672, p. 699, p. 701, p. 702, p. 703, p. 711, p. 717, p. 718, p. 721, p. 722, p. 725, p. 726, p. 728, p. 729, p. 730, p. 734, p. 737, p. 739, p. 745.
- Descriptive catalogue of North American Hepaticae, north of Mexico. by Lucien M. Underwood, PH. D. Peoria, Ill., J. W. Franks & sons, 1884 url , , p. 456, p. 478, p. 498, p. 502, p. 510, p. 512, p. 513, p. 514, p. 515, p. 516, p. 518, p. 519, p. 520, p. 521, p. 522, p. 523, p. 524, p. 525, p. 526, p. 527, p. 528, p. 533, p. 534, p. 535, p. 536, p. 537.
- Distribution and abundance of fishes and invertebrates in Mid- Atlantic estuaries. Silver Spring, Md.: U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Ocean Service, 1994- url p. 21, p. 4, p. 93, p. 94, p. 97.
- Diver assessment of the inshore southeastern Lake Michigan environment near the D.C. Cook Nuclear Plant, 1973-1982 / [Ann Arbor, Mich.]: University of Michigan, [1986?]. url p. 160.
- Effects of cold temperature on toxicity of ammonia to rainbow trout, bluegills, and fathead minnows: contract report 68-01-5832/B / by Keturah A. Reinbold and Stephen M. Pescitelli. Champaign, IL: Illinois Natural History Survey, Center for Aquatic Ecology, Jan. 1990. url p. 12.
- Energy and environmental stress in aquatic systems: selected papers from a symposium held at Augusta, Georgia, November 2-4, 1977 / sponsored by Savannah River Ecology Laboratory, Institute of Ecology, University of Georgia, Assistant Secretary for Environment, U.S. Department of Energy, Savannah River National Environmental Resea [Washington]: Technical Information Center, U.S. Dept. of Energy; 1978. url p. 535, p. 842.
- Environmental inventory and assessment of Navigation Pools 24, 25, and 26, Upper Mississippi and Lower Illinois Rivers: an electrofishing survey of the Illinois River / Richard E. Sparks. [Urbana, Ill.: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Water Resources Center], 1977. url p. 3, p. 30, p. 6, p. 87.
- Experiments in propagation of freshwater mussels of the Quadrula group. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1914. url p. 10, p. 12, p. 12, p. 30, p. 30, p. 32, p. 32, p. 33, p. 33, p. 34, p. 36, p. 36, p. 37, p. 39, p. 51, p. 51, p. 9.
- FWS/0BS. [Washington]Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. of the Interior. url p. 134, p. 267, p. 308.
- Final report of the state geologist. Trenton, N.J.: The Survey, 1888- url p. 672.
- Final report. v. 1-8. Trenton, 1888-1917. url p. 672.
- Fish and Wildlife Habitat Changes Resulting from Construction of a Nine-Foot Channel on Pools 24, 25, and 26 of the Mississippi River and the Lower Illinois River, Ft. BelvoirDefense Technical Information CenterAPR 1979. url p. 243, p. 441.
- Fish and fish egg distribution report of the National Fish Hatchery System. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, [1986- url p. 100, p. 29, p. 61, p. 61.
- Fish hatchery management / Robert G. Piper. .. [et al.]. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service, 1986. url , p. 126, p. 346.
- Fish skulls; a study of the evolution of natural mechanisms. Laurel, Fla., E. Lundberg, 1959. url p. 195.
- Fish, wildlife and recreational values of Michigan's coastal wetlands / Twin Cities, Minn.: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Region III, 1978. url p. 114.
- Fishcraft, a treatise on fresh water fish and fishing, with comments on the haunts and characteristics of the principal game fishes and food fishes, modes of angling for them suitable tackle, etc., by Willl Wildwood [pseud.] Cincinnati, Sportsman's digest, 1922. url p. 20.
- Fishery bulletin / U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Marine Fisheries Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service: url p. 106, p. 1092, p. 313, p. 655, p. 679, p. 681, p. 683, p. 684, p. 79.
- Fishery circular / U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Fisheries. [Washington]: The Bureau, 1931-1939. url , , p. 157, p. 203, p. 21, p. 23, p. 4, p. 42, p. 5, p. 69, p. 69, p. 7.
- Fishery leaflet / United States Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service, url p. 25.
- Fishery statistics of the United States / prepared by Data Management and Statistics Division. Washington, D.C.: Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Marine Fisheries Service: url p. 445.
- Fishes and fishing; Saint Paul? Minn., c1907 url p. 100, p. 60.
- Fishes in Kansas / Frank B. Cross, Joseph T. Collins; foreword by John E. Hayes, Jr. Lawrence, Kan.: University of Kansas Natural History Museum: c1995. url p. 149, plate 21, fig. 33, page 274, p. 291, p. 292, p. 300, p. 304, p. 305, p. xv.
- Fishes of Canada's national capital region = Poissons de la région de la capitale du Canada / Ottawa: Dept. of the Environment, Fisheries and Marine Service, 1974. url p. 10, p. 126, p. 15, p. 192.
- Fishes of Colorado / Max M. Ellis. Boulder: University of Colorado, 1914. url p. 18.
- Fishes of the Pamlico-Albemarle Peninsula, N.C.: area utilization and potential impacts / Morehead City, N.C.: N.C. Dept. of Natural Resources and Community Development, Division of Marine Fisheries,  url p. 43.
- Fishes of the vicinity of New York City; with an introduction by William K. Gregory. New York, By the Museum, 1918. url p. 103.
- Fishes, New York, H. Holt and Company, 1907. url , .
- Fishes, by David Starr Jordan. .. with 18 colored plates and 673 illustrations. .. New York, H. Holt and Company, 1907. url p. 399.
- Forest, lake and river; the fishes of New England and eastern Canada / by Frank M. Johnson. Boston: Printed for subscribers [by University press] Cambridge, 1902. url , p. 360.
- Fresh-water biology, New York, John Wiley & sons, inc.; [etc., etc.]1918. url .
- Fresh-water biology, by Henry Baldwin Ward. .. and George Chandler Whipple. .. with the collaboration of a staff of specialists. New York: Wiley, 1944, c1918. url p. 401.
- Gas bubble disease: proceedings of a workshop held at Richland, Washington, October 8-9, 1974: cosponsored by Battelle, Pacific Northwest Laboratories, and U.S. Atomic Energy Commission / editors, D. H. Fickeisen and M. J. Schneider. Oak Ridge, Tenn.: Technical Information Center, Office of Public Affairs, Energy Research and Development Administration, 1976. url p. 45.
- General embryological information service. Utrecht, Hubrecht Laboratory. url p. 13, p. 50.
- Illinois Natural History Survey bulletin. Champaign, Ill.: The Survey, 1987- url p. 54.
- Illinois River Bluffs area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, [and the] State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, Ill.: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1998- url p. 118.
- Illinois biological monographs. Urbana, Univ. of Illinois Press. url p. 117.
- Index to volume I, numbers 1 to 17. 1 1900 Chicago: Field Columbian Museum, 1900. url p. 318.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 7 1987 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 212, p. 216, p. 235.
- Journal of morphology. Boston: Ginn & Co., [1887-1924] url p. 65.
- Journal of the Kentucky Academy of Science. Lexington, KY: The Academy, 1998- url , p. 128, p. 58, p. 93.
- Kankakee River fishes of the Braidwood station aquatic monitoring area, August 1988 / [Champaign], Ill.: Illinois Natural History Survey, Jan. 1989. url p. 22.
- Keys to the fishes of Washington, Oregon and closely adjoining regions, by Leonard P. Schultz. Seattle, Wash., University of Washington Press, 1936. url p. 150, p. 224.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. A physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann...and Howard Walton Clark... [Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 80.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. a physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 80.
- Lake Maxinkuckee: a physical and biological survey / by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. Indianapolis: Dept. of Conservation, 1920. url p. 80.
- Manual of the vertebrate animals of the northern U.S.. .. inclusive of the marine species. Chicago, McClurg, 1894, c1876-88. url .
- Maps showing distribution of Illinois fishes to accompany a report on the fishes of Illinois / by Stephen Alfred Forbes, and Robert Earl Richardson. Springfield, Ill.: State of Illinois; 1919. url p. 103, p. 2.
- Marine products of commerce; their acquisition, handling, biological aspects, and the science and techology of their preparation and preservation, by Donald K. Tressler and James McW. Lemon in collaboration with Alexander E. Alexander [and others] New York, Book Division, Reinhold, 1951. url p. 295.
- Middle Missouri River native species creel survey: final report: 2005 and 2006 field season / [Helena, MT: Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks, March 2007]. url .
- Miscellaneous experiments with channel catfish in cages, ponds and a modified raceway / D. Homer Buck, Richard J. Baur and C. Russell Rose. s.l.: s.n., 1973? url , p. 17, p. 2.
- Miscellaneous publication - University of Kansas, Museum of Natural History. 1962 Lawrence: University of Kansas, 1946-1996. url p. 181, p. 205, p. 26, p. 5, p. 54, p. 8.
- Modern fish culture in fresh and salt water, New York, Forest and stream publishing company, 1900. url p. 240.
- Montana wetland assessment method / prepared by Jeff Berglund, Western EcoTech. Helena, Mont.: Western EcoTech, 1999. url p. 17, p. 8.
- Montana wild life. Official publication Montana Fish & Game Dept. Helena, 1928-32 url p. 25.
- Morphology and development of the postcranial skeleton in the channel catfish Ictalurus punctatus (Ostariophysi: Siluriformes) / Terry Grande, Judith D. Shardo. 99 2002 [Chicago, Ill.]: Field Museum of Natural History, c2002. url table 1 , table 2 , figs. 2-3 , fig. 4 , fig. 7 , fig. 8 , fig. 11 , p. 1, p. 11, p. 13, p. 15, p. 19, p. 2, p. 20, p. 21, p. 25, p. 27, p. 28, p. 29, p. 3, p. 4, p. 5, p. 7, p. 9, p. i, p. iii.
- NOAA technical report NMFS SSRF. Seattle, Wash.: National Marine Fisheries Service; url , , , , , , , p. 1, p. 18, p. 19, p. 20, p. 21, p. 6.
- Name that animal; a guide to the identification of the common land and fresh-water animals of the United States, with special reference to the area east of the Rockies. With drawings by Olive Driver. Northampton? Mass., 1950 url p. 263.
- Naturalist's guide to the Americas, prepared by the Committee on the Preservation of Natural Conditions of the Ecological Society of America, with assistance from numerous organizations and individuals, assembled and edited by chairman, Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1926. url p. 455.
- Notes on fresh-water fishes from Mexico and Central America. 7 1907 Chicago, 1907. url p. 154.
- Occasional papers / Tulane University, Museum of Natural History. 1994 [Belle Chasse, La.]: The Museum, 1977- url p. 25.
- Occasional papers of the Museum of Natural History, the University of Kansas. 1981 Lawrence, Kan.: The University, 1971-1994. url p. 5, p. 63, p. 8.
- Oceanus. Woods Hole, Mass., Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution url p. 38.
- On some collections of fishes made in the Kankakee and Illinois Rivers [by] O. P. Hay. 1 1896 Chicago, 1896 url p. 92.
- Ontogeny and systematics of fishes: based on an international symposium dedicated to the memory of Elbert Halvor Ahlstrom / sponsored by the National Marine Fisheries Service, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, United States Dept. of Commerce. [New York?]: American Society of Ichthyologists and Herpetologists, c1984. url p. 130.
- Our living resources: a report to the nation on the distribution, abundance, and health of U.S. plants, animals, and ecosystems / [edited by], Edward T. LaRoe. .. [et al.]. Washington, DC: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, National Biological Service, 1995. url p. 490.
- Pamphlets on forestry. Fish and game. [1900?- url , p. 134, p. 137, p. 2789, p. 3236.
- Pesticides monitoring journal. [Washington, D.C.: For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. G.P.O., 1967-1981. url , p. 116, p. 165, p. 186, p. 233, p. 62, p. 86, p. 89.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 111, p. 112, p. 169, p. 205, p. 288, p. 312, p. 36, p. 37, p. 41, p. 56, p. 59, p. 6, p. 61, p. 7, p. 867, p. 9, p. 9, p. 92, p. 92.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 212.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 231.
- Proceedings of the third USA-USSR symposium on the effects of pollutants upon aquatic ecosystems. Duluth, Minn.: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 1980. url p. 101, p. 122, p. 134, p. 135, p. 170, p. 196, p. 227.
- Progress in sport fishery research. Washington, for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1958-1971. url p. 54.
- Propagation and distribution of fishes from national fish hatcheries for the fiscal year. .. / prepared by the Division of Fish Hatcheries, Bureau of Sport Fisheries and Wildlife. [Washington, D.C.]: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service, Bureau of Sport Fisheries and Wildlife, url p. 62, p. 64, p. 72, p. 82.
- Propagation and distribution of food fishes / United States Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service [U.S. Govt. Print. Off.], url p. 48, p. 62.
- Protection and preservation of food fishes in international boundary waters of the United States and Canada. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1910 url p. 3.
- Protozoology, by Richard R. Kudo. .. With three hundred and thirty-six illustrations. Springfield, Ill., C.C. Thomas, 1946. url p. 530.
- Protozoology, by Richard Roksabro Kudo... with two hundred and ninety-one illustrations. Springfield, Ill., Thomas[c1939] url p. 468.
- Protozoology. Springfield, Ill., C. C. Thomas url p. 660.
- Publication. Field Columbian Museum. Chicago, U.S.A.: The Museum, 1895-1909. url p. 154, p. 240, p. viii.
- Report of the Bureau of Fisheries / Department of Commerce and Labor. Washington: G.P.O., 1905. url p. 3.
- Report of the Commissioner of Fisheries for the fiscal year. .. and special papers Washington: G.P.O., 1906-1914. url p. 10, p. 12, p. 19, p. 26, p. 27, p. 31, p. 35, p. 7, p. 8, p. 8.
- Report of the United States Commissioner of Fisheries for the fiscal year. .. with appendixes Washington: G.P.O., 1914- url p. 152, p. 18, p. 222, p. 452, p. 53, p. 556, p. 557, p. 6, p. 7, p. 7, p. 8, p. 8, p. 80.
- Report on the progress and condition of the U.S. National Museum for the year ending June 30. .. / Smithsonian Institution, United States National Museum. Washington: G.P.O., 1907-1951. url p. 125, p. 73.
- Research needs concerning organotin compounds used in antifouling paints in coastal environments / Michael A. Champ and David F. Bleil. Rockville, MD: U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Office of the Chief Scientist, National Ocean Pollution Program Office,  url p. 23.
- Science sketches, Chicago, A. C. McClurg and company, 1896. url , .
- Science sketches, by David Starr Jordan. Chicago, A. C. McClurg and company, 1896. url p. 96.
- Some considerations on the distribution of fishes in Ontario. [Toronto]: Printed by the University of Toronto Press, 1944. url p. 66.
- South Carolina. Resources and population. Institutions and industries. Pub. by the State Board of Agriculture of South Carolina. Charleston, S.C.: Walker, Evans & Cogswell, printers, 1883. url p. 258, p. 258.
- Special papers / Ohio Academy of Sciences. Columbus, Ohio: The Academy, 1899-1929. url p. 22.
- Special scientific report--wildlife / U.S. Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service, 1949- url p. 155, p. 326, p. 590, p. 679.
- Special scientific report. Seattle, National Marine Fisheries Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1949-1971. url , , , , p. 1, p. 1, p. 11, p. 12, p. 12, p. 15, p. 2, p. 27, p. 3, p. 34, p. 4, p. 4, p. 44, p. 5, p. 7, p. 8, p. 9.
- Studies in natural history. Iowa City, Ia. url p. 14, p. 4.
- Studies of the fish population near the Donald C. Cook Nuclear Power Plant, 1972 / Ann Arbor, Mich.: University of Michigan, Great Lakes Research Division, 1973. url p. 13.
- Studies on some protozoan parasites of fishes of Illinois; Urbana, Ill., University of Illinois, 1934 url p. 13.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 79.
- Synopsis of the fishes of North America. By David S. Jordan and Charles H. Gilbert. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1882. url p. 107.
- Technical publication / New York State College of Forestry at Syracuse University. Syracuse, N.Y.: The College, 1914- url p. 222, p. 265, p. 356.
- Technical report: Illinois natural areas inventory / by the Department of Landscape Architecture, Univeristy of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, and the Natural Land Institute, Rockford, Illinois. Urbana: Dept. of Landscape Architecture, University of Illinois and Natural Land Institute, 1978. url p. 411.
- The Biological bulletin. Woods Hole, Mass.: Marine Biological Laboratory, url p. 128, p. 175, p. 187, p. 254, p. 281, p. 333, p. 338, p. 362, p. 363.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url , p. 122, p. 171, p. 181, p. 21, p. 214, p. 222, p. 233, p. 242, p. 317, p. 368, p. 413, p. 422, p. 424, p. 538, p. 568, p. 570, p. 581, p. 631, p. 632, p. 661, p. 739, p. 97.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 50 1990 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url tyus & beard, page 33, p. 36, p. 41, vincent, fig. 1, page 63, p. 69, p. 91.
- The U. S. commission of fish and fisheries and its exhibit at the Louisiana purchase exposition, St. Louis, Mo., 1904. Washington, D.C., Press of Gibson Bros. url p. 29.
- The United States Bureau of Fisheries, its establishment, functions, organization, resources, operations, and achievements. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1910. url p. 1372.
- The United States Bureau of fisheries, its establishment, functions, organization, resources, operations, and achievements. Washington, Govt. print. off, 1908. url p. 11.
- The University of Colorado studies. Boulder, University of Colorado. url p. 163.
- The changing Illinois environment: critical trends: technical report of the Critical Trends Assessment Project. Springfield, Ill.: Ill. Dept. of Energy and Natural Resources, 1994. url p. 164, p. 185, p. 193, p. 194.
- The days of a man, being memories of a naturalist, teacher and minor prophet of democracy. Yonkers-on-Hudson, N.Y.World book company1922 url p. 144.
- The days of a man: being memories of a naturalist, teacher, and minor prophet of democracy / by David Starr Jordan Yonkers-on-Hudson, N.Y.: World Book Co., 1922 url p. 144, p. 168.
- The distribution and food of the fishes of three Wisconsin lakes in summer. By A. S. Pearse. Madison, 1921. url p. 10, p. 34.
- The ecology and economics of Oneida Lake fish / by Charles C. Adams and T.L. Hankinson. Syracuse, N.Y.: Roosevelt Wild Life Forest Experiment Station, c1928. url p. 369.
- The ecology of delta marshes of coastal Louisiana: a community profile / by James G. Gosselink. Washington, DC: National Coastal Ecosystems Team, Division of Biological Services, Research Development, Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. of the Interior: 1984. url p. 121.
- The fisheries and fishery industries of the United States. Prepared through the co-operation of the commissioner of fisheries and the superintendent of the tenth census by George Brown Goode. .. and a staff of associates. .. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1884-87. url p. 136, p. 137, p. 138, p. 139, p. 140, p. 627.
- The fishes of Champaign County, Illinois: during a century of alterations of a prairie ecosystem / Champaign, IL: Illinois Natural History Survey, 1996. url p. 119, p. 156, p. 65.
- The fishes of Illinois / Stephen Alfred Forbes and Robert Earl Richardson. [Springfield, Ill.]Published by authority of the State of Illinois, 1920. url , , p. 178, p. 180.
- The fishes of Illinois / by Stephen Alfred Forbes and Robert Earl Richardson. [Springfield, Ill.: Illinois State Journal Co.], 1919-1920. url p. 178, p. 180, p. 181, p. vii, p. xi.
- The fishes of North Carolina / Raleigh, N.C.: E.M. Uzzell, 1907. url .
- The fishes of North Carolina, by Hugh M. Smith. Raleigh, E. M. Uzzell & co., state printers and binders, 1907. url , p. 64.
- The fishes of North and Middle America a descriptive catalogue of the species of fish-like vertebrates found in the waters of North America, north of the Isthmus of Panama / by David Starr Jordan and Barton Warren Evermann. Washington: G.P.O., 1898. url .
- The fishes of Pennsylvania: with descriptions of the species and notes on their common names, distribution, habits, reproduction, rate of growth and mode of capture / by Tarleton H. Bean. Harrisburg, Pa.: E.K. Meyers, 1893. url , p. 12.
- The fishes of the Ottawa region / [Toronto: Royal Ontario Museum of Zoology], 1939. url p. 1, p. 26.
- The food and game fishes of New York: notes on their common names, distribution, habits and mode of capture. By Tarleton H. Bean. Albany, J. B. Lyon company, printers, 1903. url p. 270.
- The fresh-water fishes of Mexico north of the isthmus of Tehuantepec. 5 1904 Chicago, 1904. url p. 10, p. 10, p. 11, p. 11, p. 244, p. 244.
- The genera of fishes. ..: A contribution to the stability of scientific nomenclature / By David Starr Jordan. Stanford University, Calif.: The University, 1917-1920. url p. 280.
- The journal of comparative neurology. [Granville, Ohio: Published by the Editors, Denison University, url p. 178.
- The lipids, their chemistry and biochemistry. New York, Interscience Publishers, 1951-57. url p. 908, p. 994.
- The long-term Illinois River fish population monitoring program: F-101-R segments 6-10, final report to be submitted to the Illinois Department of Natural Resources and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service / by Todd M. Koel and Richard E. Sparks. Havana, Ill.: Illinois Natural History Survey, LTRMP Havana Field Station,  url p. 51, p. 57.
- The molluscan fauna of the Big Vermilion river, Illinois, with special reference to its modification as the result of pollution by sewage and manufacturing wastes, with fifteen plates and eleven tables, by Frank Collins Baker. Urbana, Pub. under the auspices of the Graduate school by the University of Illinois press, c1922 url p. 19.
- The papillose Allocreadiidae; a study of their morphology, life histories, and relationships, Urbana, Ill., University of Illinois, 1934 url p. 45.
- The standard natural history / edited by John Sterling Kingsley. Boston: S.E. Cassino, 1884-85. url p. 118.
- The standard natural history. Boston, S. E. Cassino and Company, 1884-85. url .
- The structure and development of Corallobothrium, with descriptions of two new fish tapeworms; Urbana, Ill., c1928 url p. 21, p. 30, p. 36, p. 37, p. 46, p. 48, p. 50, p. 58, p. 59, p. 7.
- The vertebrates of the Cayuga Lake basin, N. Y., n.p., 1909? url .
- Timber management: a programmatic environmental analysis record for BLM-administered lands in western Oregon / Office, 1974 url p. 55.
- Toxicity testing with fish, zooplankton and mussels: a comparison of sensitivities / by Anne E. Keller. 1989. url , .
- Transactions of the American Fisheries Society. [Bethesda, MD, etc.: American Fisheries Society], 1900- url , , p. 42, p. 45, p. 77.
- Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Science. Springfield, Ill., Illinois State Academy of Science [etc.] url , , .
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url , , p. 10, p. 100, p. 102, p. 105, p. 106, p. 108, p. 11, p. 11, p. 114, p. 123, p. 127, p. 13, p. 130, p. 132, p. 133, p. 135, p. 135, p. 144, p. 148, p. 149, p. 171, p. 174, p. 18, p. 190, p. 193, p. 235, p. 25, p. 26, p. 3, p. 4, p. 4, p. 41, p. 47, p. 50, p. 53, p. 55, p. 57, p. 58, p. 6, p. 63, p. 65, p. 67, p. 7, p. 7, p. 71, p. 76, p. 79, p. 8, p. 8, p. 8, p. 8, p. 89, p. 9, p. 96, p. 97, p. 99.
- Transactions of the. .. annual meetings of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: Kansas Pub. House, 1883-1901. url p. 71.
- Transuranic elements in the environment: a summary of environmental research on transuranium radionuclides funded by the U.S. Department of Energy through calendar year 1979 / Wayne C. Hanson, editor; prepared for the U.S. Department of Energy, Assistant Secretary for Environment, Office of Health and Environmental Research. [Oak Ridge, TN]: Technical Information Center/U.S. Dept. of Energy; 1980. url .
- Treatment of fungus on fishes in captivity. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1910 url p. 932.
- Tulane studies in zoology and botany. 21 1979 New Orleans: Tulane University, [1968- url fig. 1, page 103, p. 116, p. 118, p. 120, p. 132, p. 133, p. 43, p. 61, p. 92.
- Tulane studies in zoology. 13 1966 New Orleans: Tulane University, 1953-1968. url p. 102.
- University of Kansas publications, Museum of Natural History. 17 Lawrence, University of Kansas. url , , , , p. 147, p. 148, p. 191, p. 193, p. 194, p. 254, p. 255, p. 317, p. 37, p. 377, p. 385, p. 385, p. 392, p. 393, p. 414, p. 427, p. 438, maps 109-110, page 517, p. 63, p. 78, p. 89.
- Value of mussel beds to sport fisheries, Project F-80-R: final report / Philip B. Moy and Richard E. Sparks. Havana, Ill.: Illinois Natural History Survey, Center for Aquatic Ecology,  url p. 9.
- Vertebrates of Ontario, by C. W. Nash. Department of Education, Toronto. Printed by order of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario Toronto, L. K. Cameron, 1908 url p. 20.
- Vertebrates of Ontario. TorontoPrint. by order of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario by L.K. Cameron1908 url p. 20.
- Zoological series / Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. Minneapolis: Geological and Natural History Survey, 1892-1912. url p. 17.
- Zoologische Jahrbücher. Jena [Germany]: G. Fischer, 1910-1993. url p. 55.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
- FishBase 2006.
- FishBase. Release date: January 5, 2010
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed November 16, 2007. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from provider.
- Lyons, John. WiscFish.org University of Wisconsin, Center for Limnology, Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, University of Wisconsin Sea Grant. Provided photos, physical description, and table comparing similar species.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal March 02, 2008:
- Canadian Museum of Nature: Canadian Museum of Nature Fish Collection
- FishBase: FishBase DiGIR Provider - Philippine Server
- GBIF-Sweden: Fishes (NRM)
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: Atlantic Reference Centre (OBIS Canada)
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: Canadian Museum of Nature - Fish Collection (OBIS Canada)
- Los Angeles County Museum of Natural History: Vertebrate specimens
- Marine Science Institute, UCSB: Paleobiology Database
- Museum national d'histoire naturelle: Ichtyologie
- Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard University: MCZ Fish Collection
- Royal Ontario Museum: Fish specimens
- Senckenberg: Collection Pisces
- Sternberg Museum of Natural History: Fish Collection
- University of Kansas Biodiversity Research Center: Fish Collection
- University of Minnesota Bell Museum of Natural History: Fish specimens
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 129636
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: Fis-22884
- Fishbase Species ID: 290
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 13823494
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 163998
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: AFCKA01100
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 15747