Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Afrikaans:
Common Names in Dutch:
Common Names in English:
American barn swallow, Barn Swallow, barnloft swallow, European chimney swallow, European swallow, fork-tailed swallow, Swallow
Common Names in French:
Hirondelle de chemin?e, Hirondelle de cheminée, hirondelle rustique
Common Names in German:
Common Names in Hebrew:
Common Names in Italian:
Common Names in Japanese:
Common Names in Russian:
Derevenskaya Lastochka, Деревенская ласточка, Ласточка деревенская, Касатка
Common Names in Spanish:
Golondrina común, Golondrina tijereta
Common Names in Swedish:
Adult Female: Face : Forehead: rujsty Neck: Throat : dark rusty brown Body: Breast: white with dark bluish black band Upperparts: dark iridescent blue-black Tail: blackish with white spots Shape : deeply forked.
About 6.75 to 7.5 inches long, with a wingspan of 12.5 to 13.5 inches. Adults weigh about 0.6 ounces .
Vegetation: arid lowland scrubs, pastures and agricultural lands, northern temperate grasslands, arid lowland scrubs, second-growth scrub • Maximum Elevation: 2,700 meters • Foraging Strata: Aerial • Center of Abundance: Upper subtropical: higher slopes, 500-1,600 m.; subtropics. • Sensitivity to Disturbance: Low
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 5,013 meters (0 to 16,447 feet).
List of Habitats
- 2 Savanna
- 2.1 Savanna - Dry
- 3 Shrubland
- 3.5 Shrubland - Subtropical/Tropical Dry
- 4 Grassland
- 4.4 Grassland - Temperate
- 4.5 Grassland - Subtropical/Tropical Dry
- 5 Wetlands (inland)
- 5.1 Wetlands (inland) - Permanent Rivers/Streams/Creeks (includes waterfalls )
- 5.4 Wetlands (inland) - Bogs , Marshes, Swamps , Fens , Peatlands
- 5.5 Wetlands (inland) - Permanent Freshwater Lakes (over 8ha)
- 5.6 Wetlands (inland) - Seasonal/Intermittent Freshwater Lakes (over 8ha)
- 5.7 Wetlands (inland) - Permanent Freshwater Marshes/Pools (under 8ha)
- 14 Artificial/Terrestrial
- 14.1 Artificial/Terrestrial - Arable Land
- 14.2 Artificial/Terrestrial - Pastureland
- 14.4 Artificial/Terrestrial - Rural Gardens
- 14.5 Artificial/Terrestrial - Urban Areas
- 15 Artificial/Aquatic & Marine
- 15.9 Artificial/Aquatic - Canals and Drainage Channels , Ditches [more info]
from mid-April to late June in buildings and under bridges
- Nest Location: Mid-story/canopy nesting
- Nest Type: Open-cup
- Clutch Size: 4-5
- Length of Incubation : 13-17 days
- Days to Fledge : 18-23
- Number of Broods: 2
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Bateson, 1885
- Cuvier, 1812
- Jawed Vertebrates
- Goodrich, 1930
- Linnaeus, 1758
- Gauthier, 1986
- (C. Linnaeus, 1758)
- Pycraft, 1900
- Sibley et al., 1988
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- Suborder: Passeres () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758) C. Linnaeus, 1766
- Order: Passeriformes () - C. Linnaeus, 1758
- Superorder: Passerimorphae () - Sibley et al., 1988
- Cohort: Neognathae () - Pycraft, 1900
- Infraclass: Aves () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758)
- Subclass: Avialae () - Gauthier, 1986
- Class: Aves () - Linnaeus, 1758
- Superclass: Tetrapoda () - Goodrich, 1930
- Infraphylum: Gnathostomata () - auct. - Jawed Vertebrates
- Subphylum: Vertebrata () - Cuvier, 1812 - Vertebrates
- Phylum: Chordata () - Bateson, 1885 - Chordates
- Infrakingdom: Chordonia () - (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Deuterostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 24-Jun-1996
Cliff Swallow, Cave Swallow
Members of the genus Hirundo
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 54 species and subspecies in this genus:
H. abyssinica (Lesser Striped Swallow) · H. aethiopica (Ethiopian Swallow) · H. aethiopica aethiopica (Ethiopian Swallow) · H. albigularis (White-Throated Swallow) · H. andecola (Andean Swallow) · H. angolensis (Angola Swallow) · H. ariel (Fairy Martin) · H. atrocaerulea (Blue Swallow) · H. concolor (Dusky Crag Martin) · H. cucullata (Greater Striped Swallow) · H. daurica (Red-Rumped Swallow) · H. daurica daurica (Red-Rumped Swallow) · H. dimidiata (Pearl-Breasted Swallow) · H. dimidiata dimidiata (Pearl-Breasted Swallow) · H. domicella (West African Swallow) · H. domicola (Hill Swallow) · H. fluvicola (Streak-Throated Swallow) · H. fuliginosa (Dusky Cliff Swallow) · H. fuligula (African Rock Swallow) · H. fulva (Cave Swallow) · H. fulva fulva (Cave Swallow) · H. griseopyga (Grey-Rumped Swallow) · H. leucosoma (Pied-Winged Swallow) · H. lucida (Red-Chested Swallow) · H. lucida lucida (Red-Chested Swallow) · H. megaensis (White-Tailed Swallow) · H. neoxena (Welcome Swallow) · H. neoxena neoxena (Welcome Swallow) · H. nigricans (Australian Tree Martin) · H. nigricans nigricans (Tree Martin) · H. nigrita (White-Throated Blue Swallow) · H. nigrorufa (Black-And-Rufous Swallow) · H. obsoleta (Pale Crag Martin) · H. perdita (Red Sea Cliff-Swallow) · H. preussi (Preuss's Cliff Swallow) · H. pyrrhonota (American Cliff Swallow) · H. pyrrhonota pyrrhonota (American Cliff Swallow) · H. rufigula (Red-Throated Cliff Swallow) · H. rufocollaris (Chestnut-Collared Swallow) · H. rupestris (European Crag Martin) · H. rustica (European Chimney Swallow) · H. rustica erythrogaster (Barn Swallow) · H. rustica gutturalis (Barn Swallow) · H. rustica rustica (Barn Swallow) · H. semirufa (Rufous-Chested Swallow) · H. semirufa semirufa (Rufous-Chested Swallow) · H. senegalensis (Mosque Swallow) · H. senegalensis senegalensis (Mosque Swallow) · H. smithii (Wire-Tailed Swallow) · H. spilodera (South African Cliff-Swallow) · H. striolata (Greater Striated Swallow) · H. striolata striolata (Greater Striated Swallow) · H. tahitica (Pacific Swallow) · H. tahitica tahitica (Pacific Swallow)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A List of British birds / London: British Ornithologists' Union, 1915. url , .
- A book of birds. 1908 London, Sidney Appleton, 1908. url p. 144, p. 152.
- A checklist of the vertebrate animals of Kansas / George D. Potts, Joseph T. Collins. [Lawrence, Kan.]: Museum of Natural History, University of Kansas, 1991. url p. 14.
- A glossary of popular, local and old-fashioned names, of British birds; London: H. Sotheran & Co., 1902. url p. 102, p. 25.
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 505.
- A hand-list of British birds, with an account of the distribution of each species in the British Isles and abroad. By Ernst Hartert, F. C. R. Jourdain, N. F. Ticehurst and H. F. Withersby. London, Witherby, 1912. url p. 93.
- A hand-list of genera and species of birds of the Indian empire, by E. C. Stuart Baker. .. Bombay, Printed by order of the committee of the Bombay natural history society url p. 108.
- A hand-list of the birds of the Malay Peninsula, south of the Isthmus of Kra. By Herbert C. Robinson. .. Kuala LumpurF. M. S. government printing office, 1910. url p. 12.
- A handbook of British birds, showing the distribution of the resident and migratory species in the British islands, with an index to the records of the rarer visitants, by J.E. Harting. .. London, J.C. Nimmo, 1901. url .
- A history of North American birds / by S. F. Baird, T. M. Brewer, and R. Ridgway. 1 1905 Boston: Little, Brown, 1905. url figure , p. 338.
- A history of birds / London: Methuen & Co.,  url , , .
- A history of birds, by W. P. Pycraft, with an introd. by Ray Lankester. London, Methuen and Co. url p. 105.
- A list of British birds, comp. by a committee of the British ornithologists' union. London: British ornithologists' union, 1915. url p. 111, p. 372.
- A list of European birds, including all those found in the western palaearctic area, with a supplement containing species said to have occurred, but which, for various reasons, are inadmissible. London, R.H. Porter, 1898. url p. 21.
- A list of the birds of Australia: containing the names and synonyms connected with each genus, species, and subspecies of birds found in Australia, at present known to the author / London: Witherby, 1913. url p. 163.
- A manual of Philippine birds / by Richard C. McGregor. Manila: Bureau of Printing, 1909. url p. 426, p. 426, p. 733, p. 733.
- A manual of Philippine birds, by Richard C. McGregor. .. Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1909. url p. 426, p. 733.
- A manual of palæarctic birds, by H. E. Dresser. London, The author, 1902-03. url , , , .
- A practical handbook of British birds, edited by H.F. Witherby. .. London, Witherby, 1920-24. url p. 502, p. 502, p. 503, p. 503.
- A preliminary catalog of the birds of Missouri / St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis, 1907. url .
- A student's text-book of zoology / by Adam Sedgwick. London: S. Sonnenschein and co.; 1898-1909. url p. 476.
- A student's text-book of zoology, by Adam Sedgwick. .. London, Macmillan Co., 1898-1909. url p. 476.
- A study of the incubation periods of birds; what determines their lengths, Denver, Col., The Kendrick-Bellamy Co., 1917. url .
- A survey and record of Woolwich and West Kent containing descriptions and records, brought up-to-date, of geology, botany, zoology, archaeology and industries of the district, with a brief photographic commentary, in commemoration of the 12th Ann General editors, C.H. Grinling, T.A. Ingram [and] B.C. Polkinghorne. Woolwich: Labour Representation Print. Co., 1909. url p. 243.
- A survey of natural areas in Tyrrell County, North Carolina: for The North Carolina Natural Heritage Program, Coastal Natural Area Inventory Project / Raleigh: North Carolina Coastal Energy Impact Program, Office of Coastal Management, North Carolina Dept. of Natural Resources and Community Development, [1982?] url p. 12.
- A text-book of agricultural zoology, and London, W. Blackwood and sons, 1913. url .
- A treatise on zoology / edited by E. Ray Lankester. London: A. & C. Black, 1900-1909. url p. 264, p. 348, p. 437.
- A treatise on zoology London, A. and C. Black, 1900-1909 url p. 264, p. 348.
- A treatise on zoology. London, Adam and Charles Black, 1900-1909 url p. 264, p. 348.
- A year with the birds; by W. Warde Fowler. .. illustrations by Bryan Hook. London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1914. url p. 265.
- An ecological characterization of Coastal Maine (north and east of Cape Elizabeth) / Stewart I. Fefer and Patricia S. Schettig: principal investigators. Newton Corner, Mass.: Department of the Interior, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Northeast Region, 1980. url .
- Animal Ecology. Englewood Cliffs, N.J., Prentice-Hall, 1961. url p. 465.
- Annals of the Carnegie Museum. [Pittsburgh]: Published by authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute, 1901- url p. 56, p. 591.
- Annals of the South African Museum. Annale van die Suid-Afrikaanse Museum. Cape Town [etc., South African Museum, etc.] url p. 282, p. 283, p. 314, p. 334.
- Annotated checklist of bird and mammal species of Cocha Cashu Biological Station, Manu National Park, Peru / John W. Terborgh, John W. Fitzpatrick, Louise Emmons. 21 1984 Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1984. url table 2 , p. 24.
- Annual report of the Commissioner of Fisheries to the Secretary of Commerce for the fiscal year ended. .. Washington: G.P.O., 1914-1940. url p. 107.
- Ardea. Amsterdam, etc., Nederlandse Ornithlogische Unie, etc. url p. 101, p. 102, p. 109, p. 117, p. 118, p. 120, p. 151, p. 24, p. 3, p. 3, p. 35, p. 39, p. 40, p. 41, p. 42, p. 5, p. 59, p. 63, p. 77, p. 83.
- Austral avian record; a scientific journal devoted primarily to the study of the Australian avifauna. London: Witherby. url p. 107, p. 183, p. 77, p. 91.
- Bats from Guerrero, Jalisco and Oaxaca, Mexico. 37 1955 Chicago, Ill.: Chicago Natural History Museum, 1955. url p. 713.
- Bird blow flies (Protocalliphora) in North America (Diptera: Calliphoridae), with notes on the Palearctic species / Curtis W. Sabrosky, Gordon F. Bennett, and Terry L. Whitworth. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, c1989. url p. 237.
- Bird lore. New York City: Macmillan Co., c1899-c1940. url p. 152, p. 62.
- Bird neighbors an introductory acquaintance with one hundred and fifty birds commonly found in the gardens, meadows and woods about our homes / by Neltje Blanchan; with introduction by John Burroughs. Toronto: G. Morang, 1898. url .
- Bird neighbors. An introductory acquaintance with one hundred and fifty birds commonly found in the gardens, meadows, and woods about our homes. Garden City, N. Y., Doubleday, Page, 1916. url .
- Bird neighbors: an introductory acquaintance with one hundred and fifty birds commonly found in the gardens, meadows, and woods about our homes / Neltje Blanchan; introduction by John Burroughs. Garden City, N.Y.: Garden City Pub. Co., c1922. url p. 107.
- Bird neighbors; an introductory acquaintance with one hundred and fifty birds commonly found in the gardens, meadows, and woods about our homes Garden City, N. Y., Garden City Pub. Co.[c1922] url .
- Bird notes. Brighton: Foreign Bird Club: 1902-1925. url p. 174, p. 81.
- Bird-hunting through wild Europe / New York: D. Appleton, 1909. url .
- Bird-life / by W. P. Pycraft. London: Hodder and Stoughton, . url p. 131.
- Bird-lore. New York, National Association of Audubon Societies. url p. 152, p. 62, p. 78.
- Birds / by A.H. Evans. London: Macmillan, 1899 (1909 printing). url p. 429, p. 523, p. 524, p. 609.
- Birds II. Stockholm, Almqvist & Wiksells, 1916. url .
- Birds beneficial to agriculture, London, Printed by order of the Trustees of the British museum, 1919. url p. 25, p. 46.
- Birds from Gabon and Moyen Congo [by] Austin L. Rand, Herbert Friedmann [and] Melvin A. Traylor, Jr. 41 1959 [Chicago]Chicago Natural History Museum, 1959. url p. 309.
- Birds from Liberia, with a discussion of barriers between Upper and Lower Guinea subspecies, by Austin L. Rand. 32 1951 [Chicago]1951. url p. 627.
- Birds in their haunts, by the late C. A. Johns. London, E. P. Dutton, 1909. url .
- Birds of Britain, London, A. and C. Black, 1907. url .
- Birds of Britain, by J. Lewis Bonhote. .. with 100 illustrations in colour selected by H.E. Dresser from his Birds of Europe.' London: A. and C. Black, 1907. url p. 109.
- Birds of Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks / [United States]: Yellowstone Library and Museum Association in cooperation with National Park Service, U.S. Dept. of Interior, [19--] url , .
- Birds of the British Isles, drawn and described by John Duncan; with an introd. by Charles Dixon. London, W. Scott, 1898. url p. 134.
- Birds of the Chukchi Peninsula and Wrangel Island = (Ptitsy Chukotskogo poluostrova i ostrova Vrangelya) / L.A. Portenko; translated from Russian [by P.M. Rao]. New Delhi: Published for the Smithsonian Institution and the National Science Foundation, Washington, D.C., by Amerind Pub. Co., 1981- url , p. 177.
- Birds of the Indian Hills. London, John Lane, 1915. url , .
- Birds of the Indian hills, by Douglas Dewar. A companion volume to the bird volumes of "The fauna of British India." London, John Lane company; [etc., etc.]1915. url p. 119.
- Birds of the James Simpson-Roosevelts Asiatic expedition, by Charles E. Hellmayr. 17 1929 Chicago, 1929. url p. 121.
- Birds of the plains, by Douglas Dewar. .. with sixteen illustrations from photographs of living birds, by Captain F. D. S. Fayrer, I. M. S. London, J. Lane;1909  url p. 242, p. 242.
- Birds of the world for young people, New York, F.A. Stokes Company url , .
- Birds' nests; an introduction to the science of caliology, London, F. A. Stokes company, 1902. url .
- Birds; a miscellaneous collection of 37 pamphlets about birds. Collected and privately bound by Alvin Seale, 1914. v.p., 1910-1913 url p. 49, p. 65.
- Brigham Young University science bulletin. 10 1968 Provo, Utah: Brigham Young University, [1955-1976] url p. 21, p. 41, p. 47, p. 70.
- Britain's birds and their nests / described by A. Landsborough Thomson; with introduction by J. Arthur Thomson, illustrated by George Rankin. London: W. & R. Chambers, 1910. url p. 268.
- British birds & their eggs: with a new method of identification / by J. Maclair Boraston. London: W. & R. Chambers, 1909. url .
- British birds in their haunts / edited, revised and annotated, by J.A. Owen; illustrated with 64 coloured plates (256 figures) by William Foster; with a glossary of common and provincial names and of technical terms. London: G. Routledge url p. 80.
- British birds in their haunts, by the late Rev. C.A. Johns. .. ed., rev., and annotated, by J.A. Owen. .. Illustrated with 64 coloured plates (256 figures) by William Foster. .. With a glossary of common and provincial names and te London, E.P. Dutton & Co., 1909. url p. 80.
- British birds in their haunts. .. Edited, revised, and annotated by J.A. Owen. .. Illustrated with 64 coloured plates by William Foster. With a glossary of common and provincial names and of technical terms. London, Dutton url p. 80.
- British birds' eggs and nests, popularly described / by Rev. Canon Atkinson; illustrated by W.S. Coleman. London: G. Routledge, 1898. url p. 129.
- British birds' nests, how, where, and when to find and identify them, by Richard Kearton, F. Z. S. Illustrated from photographs by Cherry and Richard Kearton, with coloured and Rembrandt plates. London, Cassell and Company, Limited, 1908. url p. 390.
- British birds, London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1921. url , p. 118.
- British birds, by W. H. Hudson, C.M.Z.S. With a chapter on structure and classification by Frank E. Beddard, F.R.S. With 8 coloured plates from original drawings by A. Thorburn and 8 plates and 100 figures in black London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1921. url , p. 357.
- British birds. London, Witherby & Co. url p. 102, p. 102, p. 135, p. 143, p. 148, p. 153, p. 163, p. 178, p. 188, p. 191, p. 221, p. 249, p. 255, p. 340, p. 347, p. 355, p. 372, p. 399, p. 55, p. 79.
- British birds: descriptions of all the commoner species, their nests and eggs / by F.B. Kirkman; illustrations by A.W. Seaby. London: T.C. & E. Jack, [19--?] url p. 42.
- British nesting birds: a complete record of every species which nests in the British Isles / by W. Percival Westell. London: J.M. Dent, 1910. url p. 10, p. 99.
- Bulletin / Peabody Museum of Natural History. 1971 New Haven: Peabody Museum of Natural History, url appendix b , appendix b , p. 183, p. 183, p. 336, p. 49, fig. 8.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information. Additional Series. Royal Gardens, Kew. 5 1906 [Kew, Surrey: Royal Botanic Gardens], 1898-1936; url p. 6.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: BM(NH) url p. 159, p. 195, p. 20, p. 203, p. 213, p. 222, p. 237, p. 285, p. 325, p. 35, p. 393, p. 396, p. 467.
- By meadow, grove and stream: an introduction to nature study / by Henry Hilton Brown. .. London: Religious Tract Society, [1907?] url , p. 95.
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 127, p. 129.
- Camps and cruises of an ornithologist, New York, D. Appleton and Company, [c1908] url .
- Cassell's dictionary of practical gardening; an illustrated encyclopædia of practical horticulture for all classes; ed. by Walter P. Wright. London, Cassell and company, limited, 1902. url p. 124.
- Cassell's natural history / by F. Martin Duncan. London; Cassell and Co., 1913. url p. 420.
- Catalogue of birds of the Americas and the adjacent islands in Field Museum of Natural History. by Charles E. Hellmayr. 13 1935 Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1935. url p. 65, p. 67.
- Catalogue of museum of natural history and miscellaneous antiquities, curios, &c., collected by Rev. Donald Miller. Bordighera, Italy, Manse Printing Press url p. 22.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 1026, p. 139, p. 166, p. 265, p. 267, p. 267, p. 481, p. 519, p. 537, p. 558, p. 606, p. 68, p. 719, p. 78, p. 780, p. 788, p. 868, p. 944.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 1026, p. 139, p. 166, p. 267, p. 267, p. 481, p. 519, p. 537, p. 558, p. 606, p. 68, p. 719, p. 78, p. 780, p. 788, p. 868, p. 944.
- Catalogue of the Collection of Birds' Eggs in the British Museum / By E. W. Oates [and afterwards] by S. G. Reid [and] W. R. Ogilvie-Grant. London, 1901-12. url p. 237, p. 238.
- Catalogue of the Edward E. Ayer Ornithological Library. .. 16 1926 Chicago, 1926. url p. 359.
- Catalogue of the collection of birds' eggs in the British Museum (Natural History) London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1901-12. url p. 237, p. 238.
- Check-list and bibliography on the occurrence of insects in birds' nests. Ames, Iowa State College Press url p. 106, p. 108, p. 120, p. 139, p. 146, p. 147, p. 153, p. 157, p. 159, p. 160, p. 162, p. 166, p. 168, p. 171, p. 173, p. 174, p. 175, p. 176, p. 18, p. 198, p. 199, p. 200, p. 204, p. 205, p. 206, p. 210, p. 211, p. 213, p. 221, p. 224, p. 232, p. 233, p. 238, p. 239, p. 242, p. 244, p. 245, p. 246, p. 247, p. 257, p. 264, p. 265, p. 266, p. 267, p. 269, p. 27, p. 270, p. 271, p. 272, p. 274, p. 275, p. 276, p. 277, p. 28, p. 280, p. 281, p. 284, p. 292, p. 293, p. 294, p. 296, p. 298, p. 299, p. 300, p. 301, p. 302, p. 304, p. 305, p. 306, p. 307, p. 309, p. 31, p. 310, p. 32, p. 329, p. 37, p. 39, p. 41, p. 42, p. 43, p. 44, p. 46, p. 467, p. 468, p. 469, p. 47, p. 470, p. 471, p. 472, p. 48, p. 55, p. 58, p. 63, p. 67, p. 69, p. 70, p. 73, p. 74, p. 76, p. 77, p. 80, p. 81, p. 82, p. 83, p. 84, p. 90, p. 96.
- Check-list of North American birds / prepared by a committee of the American ornithologists' union. Lancaster, Pa.: The Union, 1931. url p. 217.
- Check-list of North American birds, New York, American ornithologists' union, 1910. url .
- Check-list of North American birds. [Ithaca, N.Y.]1957. url p. 361, p. 362, p. 667, p. 670, p. 683.
- Check-list of North American birds: the species of birds of North America from the Arctic through Panama, including the West Indies and Hawaiian Islands / prepared by the Committee on Classification and Nomenclature of the American Orni Lawrence, Kan.: American Ornithologists' Union, 1983. url p. 497, p. 498, p. 806.
- Check-list of birds of the world. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1931-1987. url p. 104, p. 105, p. 107.
- Check-list of the species of fishes known from the Philippine Archipelago, Manila, Bureau of printing, 1910. url p. 426, p. 733.
- Contributions to the knowledge of the East African ornithology. Birds collected by the Swedish Mount Elgon Expedition 1920. Lund, C. Blom, 1923. url p. 118.
- Controlled natural selection and value marketing, by J. C. Mottram. London, New York [etc.], Longmans, Green and Co., 1914. url p. 119.
- Directory of Wetlands of International Importance. IUCN url p. 373, p. 768.
- Ecological animal geography; an authorized, rewritten edition based on Tiergeographie auf ockologischer grundlage / by Richard Hesse. .. prepared by W. C. Allee. .. and Karl P. Schmidt. .. New York: J. Wiley & Sons, Inc.; 1937. url p. 546, p. 574.
- Egyptian birds for the most part seen in the Nile valley, London, A. and C. Black, 1909. url .
- Egyptian birds: for the most part seen in the Nile Valley / by Charles Whymper. London: A. and C. Black, 1909. url p. 60.
- Entomological news. [Philadelphia]American Entomological Society, 1925- url p. 77.
- Eton nature-study and observational lessons, by Matthew Davenport Hill, . .. and Wilfred Mark Webb, . .. With a foreword by the Rev. Edmond Warre, . .. Part I-[II]. London, Duckworth & Co., 1903-1904. url p. 154.
- FWS/0BS. [Washington]Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. of the Interior. url p. 139, p. 139.
- Familiar wild birds / [illustrations by A. Thornburn and others]. London: Cassel, 1903. url .
- Fauna of New England, 11: list of the aves / by Glover M. Allen. Boston: Society of Natural History, 1909. url p. 172.
- Fauna of New England. Boston, Printed for the [Boston] Society [of Natural History] from the Gurdon Saltonstall Fund, 1904-25. url p. 172.
- Fauna of New England. List of the Araneida. Boston, For Society, 1908. url .
- Fauna of New England. by Glover M. Allen. Boston: Society of Natural History, 1909. url p. 172.
- Fauna of the Aleutian Islands and Alaska Peninsula, by Olaus J. Murie. Invertebrates and fishes collected in the Aleutians, 1936-38, by Victor B. Scheffer. Washington, Dept. of the Interior, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, 1959 url , p. 214.
- Fifty common birds of China, n.p., 192-? url .
- Final environmental impact statement: proposed estuarine sanctuary grant award for Apalachicola Bay and lower Apalachicola River, Franklin County, Florida to State of Florida / Washington, D.C.: Office of Coastal Zone Management, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, 1979. url .
- Fishery circular / U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Fisheries. [Washington]: The Bureau, 1931-1939. url p. 53.
- Fleas, flukes & cuckoos; a study of bird parasites, by Miriam Rothschild and Theresa Clay. New York, Macmillan, 1957. url p. 304.
- Garden and aviary birds of India, by Frank Finn. .. With seven full-page illustrations. Calcutta, Thacker, Spink and Co., 1906. url p. 102, p. 102.
- Garden and aviary birds of India. Calcutta, Thacker, Spink and Co., 1915. url p. 102.
- Genera insectorum / publiés par P. Wytsman. Bruxelles, L. Desmet-Verteneuil [etc.]1902-1970. url p. 65, p. 68.
- Glimpses of Indian birds, London, John Lane Company; [etc., etc.]1913. url , , .
- Glimpses of Indian birds, by Douglas Dewar. London, John Lane company; [etc., etc.]1913 url p. 150, p. 151, p. 152, p. 152.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1976 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 217.
- Guide to the Gallery of Birds in the Department of Zoology, British Museum (Natural History). London: Printed by order of the Trustees, 1921. url p. 115.
- Guide to the birds of the Caucasus. Tiflis, 1907. url p. 69.
- Guide to the gallery of birds in the Department of Zoology, British Museum (Natural History) LondonPrinted by order of the Trustees url p. 18.
- Handbook and guide to the British birds on exhibition in the Lord Derby Natural History Museum, Liverpool. Liverpool, C. Tinling, 1914. url p. 18.
- Handbook of birds of eastern North America; with introductory chapters on the study of birds in nature, London, D. Appleton and Company, 1912. url .
- Handbuch der Biologie der Wirbeltiere. Von Dr. M. Hilzheimer. unter Mitwirkung von Dr. Phil. O. Haempel. mikt 599 Textabbildungen. vii, 756 p.illus (part col.)26 cm. url p. 395, p. 740.
- Handlist of the birds of Egypt by M.J. Nicoll. Cairo, Government Press, 1919. url p. 28.
- How to sex cage birds (British and foreign), London, "The Feathered world", "Canary and cage-bird life" url p. 172.
- Illinois River Bluffs area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, [and the] State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, Ill.: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1998- url p. 77.
- In the Andamans and Nicobars; the narrative of a cruise in the schooner "Terrapin", with notices of the islands, their fauna, ethnology, etc., by C. Boden Kloss. .. London: J. Murray, 1903. url p. 329.
- Index-catalogue of the birds in the Hancock collection. [Newcastle-upon-Tyne]Printed for the Natural History Society, 1899. url p. 59.
- Indian birds; being a key to the common birds of the plains of India, London, John Lane Company, 1910. url , .
- International catalogue of scientific literature. LondonPublished for the International Council by the Royal Society of London1901-1920 url p. 102, p. 28, p. 44, p. 45, p. 69, p. 69, p. 74, p. 77, p. 89, p. 9.
- Island life: or, the phenomena and causes of insular faunas and floras, including a revision and attempted solution of the problem of geological climates / London: Macmillan, 1911. url p. 36, p. 470.
- Jobos Bay National Estuarine Sanctuary Management Plan. San Juan, P.R.: Dept. of Natural Resources, Commonwealth of Puerto Rico,  url p. 75.
- Journal and proceedings of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. 4 1908 Calcutta, Asiatic Society of Bengal. url p. 55.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 21 2001 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 142.
- Journal of the East Africa Natural History Society: official publication of the Coryndon Memorial Museum (Museum Trustees of Kenya). Nairobi, Kenya: The Museum, 1942- url p. 174.
- Journal of the Federated Malay States museums. Kuala Lumpur: F.M.S. Museums, 1906-1929. url p. 77.
- Journal of the Washington Academy of Sciences. Washington [etc., Washington Academy of Sciences] url p. 201, p. 97.
- Joy of nature: how to observe and appreciate the great outdoors / [editor, Alma E. Guinness]. Pleasantville, N.Y.: Reader's Digest Association, c1977. url p. 343.
- Jungle folk, Indian natural history sketches, by Douglas Dewar. London, John Lane;1912. url p. 173, p. 268.
- Karl Patterson Schmidt: anniversary volume in honor of his sixty-fifth birthday. 37 1955 [Chicago]1955. url p. 713.
- Liberia / by Sir Harry Johnson; with an appendix on the flora of Liberia by Dr. Otto Stapf. London: Hutchinson, 1906. url p. 800.
- Life and letters of Alexander Goodman More, F.R.S.E., F.L.S., M.R.I.A., with selections from his zoological and botanical writings; ed. by C.B. Moffat, B.A., with a preface by Frances M. More. Dublin, Hodges, Figgis & co. (ltd.)1898. url p. 437, p. 591.
- Lord Lilford on birds: being a collection of informal and unpublished writings by the late president of the British Ornithologists' Union. With contributed papers upon falconry and otter hunting, his favourite sports. Edited by Aubyn Trevor-Battye and illustrated by Archibald Thorburn. London, Hutchinson, 1903. url p. 167, p. 211, p. 213, p. 220, p. 236.
- Lund easement baseline biological inventory / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2001 url .
- Madagascar: an environmental profile IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 177.
- Manual of the birds of Iceland / by Henry H. Slater. Edinburgh: D. Douglas, 1901. url p. 14, p. 14, p. 147.
- Memo?rias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz. Rio de Janeiro. url p. 159, p. 165.
- Memoirs of the San Diego Society of Natural History. 13 1984 San Diego, Calif.: The Society, 1931-1989. url map 58, page 143, p. xvii.
- Memories of the months. London: E. Arnold & Co., 1922. url p. 118.
- Migration of birds. by Frederick C. Linclon; revised by Steven R. Peterson; associate editor Peter A. Anastasi; illustrated by Bob Hines. Washington: Dept. of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service: for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1979. url p. 118.
- Miscellaneous publication - University of Kansas, Museum of Natural History. 1965 Lawrence: University of Kansas, 1946-1996. url p. 36, p. 38, p. 4.
- My life among the wild birds in Spain, by Colonel Willoughby Verner (late rifle brigade). .. London, J. Bale, Sons & Danielsson, Ltd., 1909. url p. 282.
- My life as a naturalist, by W. Percival Westell. London, Cecil Palmer and Hayward[c1918] url p. 94.
- Natural history of Selborne, and observations on nature / by Gilbert White; with the text and new letters of the Buckland edition; introduction by John Burroughs; illustrations by Clifton Johnson. Toronto: Musson Book Co., 1904. url p. 1, p. 221, p. 64, p. 98.
- Natural history, New York, D. Appleton and company, 1897. url .
- Natural history, by R. Lydekker [and others] London, Hutchinson, 1897. url p. 373, p. 745.
- Natural history, by R. Lydekker, W. F. Kirby, B. B. Woodward, R. Kirpatrick, R. I. Pocock, R. Bowdler Sharpe, W. Garstang, F. A. Bather, H. M. Bernard. New York, D. Appleton and company, 1897. url p. 373.
- Naturalist's guide to the Americas, prepared by the Committee on the Preservation of Natural Conditions of the Ecological Society of America, with assistance from numerous organizations and individuals, assembled and edited by chairman, Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1926. url p. 754, p. 754.
- New Mallophaga, 3. Comprising: Mallophaga from birds of Panama, Baja California and Alaska. San FranciscoCalifornia Academy of Sciences1899 url p. 226.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 3 1905 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 241.
- Notes on the birds of Kent / by R.J. Balston, C.W. Shepherd, and E. Bartlett. London: R.H. Porter, 1907. url p. 143, p. 460.
- Occasional papers of the Museum of Natural History, the University of Kansas. 1994 Lawrence, Kan.: The University, 1971-1994. url p. 1.
- Oologia neerlandica: eggs of birds breeding in the Netherlands / by A.A. van Pelt Lechner. The Hague: Nijhoff, 1910-1913 [i.e. 1911-1913]. url p. 324, p. 327.
- Oppian, Colluthus, Tryphiodorus, with an English translation by A.W. Mair LondonW. Heinemann1928 url p. 518.
- Our Irish song birds / by Charles William Benson. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis; 1901. url p. 165, p. 200.
- Our living resources: a report to the nation on the distribution, abundance, and health of U.S. plants, animals, and ecosystems / [edited by], Edward T. LaRoe. .. [et al.]. Washington, DC: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, National Biological Service, 1995. url p. 299, p. 524.
- Our migrant birds and how to know them / by E.F.M. Elms. London: Thornton Butterworth, 1922. url p. 18, p. 18, p. 18.
- Our summer migrants. An account of the migratory birds which pass the summer in the British Islands. London, S. Sonnenschein & co., 1901. url , , , .
- P.D. Skaar's Montana bird distribution / revised by the Montana Bird Distribution Committee. [Helena, MT]:Montana Natural Heritage Program, 1996 url p. 75.
- Pacific coast avifauna / Cooper Ornithnological Club of California. Santa Clara, Calif.: The Club, 1900-1974. url p. 80.
- Parental care and its evolution in birds. Urbana, University of Illinois Press, 1952. url p. 169, p. 241.
- Potential wildlife-highway interactions at select mile-markers along Montana Department of Transportation routes an ArcView GIS analysis / Bozeman, Mont.: Fish and Wildlife Management Program, Montana State University, 2001 url .
- Problems of evolution. London, Duckworth, 1900. url .
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 503, p. 692.
- Proceedings of the Royal Zoological Society of New South Wales. Mosman, New South Wales [etc.]The Society. url p. 42.
- Proceedings of the Washington Academy of Sciences. Washington, Washington Academy of Sciences. url p. 424.
- Proposed estuarine sanctuary grant award to the state of New York for a Hudson River estuarine sanctuary. Albany, N.Y.: New York, Dept. of Environmental Conservation,  url p. 123.
- Publications in zoology = Publications en zoologie. Ottawa: National Museums of Canada, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1970-1982. url p. 104, p. 14.
- Recensio critica automatica of the doctrine of bird-migration, by Otto Herman. .. Budapest, Printed by order of the Royal Hungarian Ministry of Agriculture, 1905. url , p. 21, p. 22, p. 25, p. 26, p. 30, p. 71.
- Recreations of a naturalist / London: T. Fisher Unwin, 1906. url .
- Report of the United States Commissioner of Fisheries for the fiscal year. .. with appendixes Washington: G.P.O., 1914- url p. 107.
- Report of the proceedings of the. .. Entomological meeting Calcutta;Superintendent government printing, India, 1917-24. url p. 864, p. 866, p. 867, p. 869.
- Results of the first Joint US-USSR Central Pacific Expedition (BERPAC): Autumn 1988 / John F. Turner, . .. [et al.]; P.A. Nagel, editor. Washington, DC: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, 1992. url p. 241, p. 247, p. 250, p. 251, p. 255.
- Rock River area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, Natural History Survey Division, in conjunction with State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, IL: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1996- url p. 133.
- Roentgenologic studies of Egyptian and Peruvian mummies / by Roy L. Moodie --; Berthold Laufer --, editor. Chicago:Field Museum Press, 1931. url p. 58.
- Scientific results of the Zoological Expedition to British East Africa and Uganda made by Prof. V. Dogiel and I. Sokolow in the year 1914. [Petrograd, 1916- url p. 100, p. 27.
- Sea-birds: an introduction to the natural history of the sea-birds of the North Atlantic / by James Fisher and R. M. Lockley. Boston: Houghton, Mifflin, 1954. url p. 318.
- Seasonal status, relative abundance, and behavior of the birds of Concepción, Departamento Santa Cruz, Bolivia / Susan E. Davis. 71 1993 [Chicago, IL]: Field Museum of Natural History, , c1992. url table 2 , p. 27.
- Sex and internal secretions. Contributors: A. Albert [and others] Foreword by George W. Corner. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1961. url p. 1359.
- Sketch-book of British birds / by R. Bowdler Sharpe; with coloured illustrations by A.F. and C. Lydon. London: Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1898. url p. 249.
- Sketches of South African bird-life. By Alwin Haagner. .. and Robert H. Ivy. .. Illustrated by the camera. London, R. H. Porter; [etc., etc.]1908. url .
- South African journal of natural history. Pretoria, South African Biological Society. url p. 188, p. 230, p. 62.
- South Australian ornithologist. Adelaide, South Australian Ornithological Association. url p. 55.
- Special scientific report--wildlife / U.S. Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service, 1949- url p. 196, p. 277, p. 313, p. 315, p. 317, p. 318, p. 320.
- Spencer Fullerton Baird: a biography, including selections from his correspondence with Audubon, Agassiz, Dana, and others / by William Healey Dall; with nineteen illustrations. London: J. B. Lippincott Company, 1915. url p. 113.
- Spencer Fullerton Baird; a biography, including selections from his correspondence with Audubon, Agassiz, Dana, and others, London, J. B. Lippincott Ccompany, 1915. url .
- Spolia zeylanica. S.l.: s.n. url , p. 101, p. 15, p. 280, p. 58, p. 65.
- Station bulletin. Durham, N.H.: Agricultural Experiment Station, University of New Hampshire, 1948- url p. 128, p. 44, p. 79.
- Strange dwellings: being a description of the habitations of animals, abridged from 'Homes without hand' / by J.G. Wood; with designs by W.F. Keyl, J.B. Zwecker, and E. Smith. London: Longmans, Green, 1903. url p. 191.
- Studies in bird migration, London, Gurney and Jackson; [etc., etc.]1912. url , .
- Studies in bird migration, by William Eagle Clarke. .. with maps, weather charts, and other illustrations. .. London, Gurney and Jackson; [etc., etc.]1912. url p. 188, p. 218, p. 335, p. 60.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 12, p. 34.
- System of ophthalmology. St. Louis, Mosby, 1958- url p. 414, p. 765, p. 806.
- Territory in bird life / by H. Eliot Howard; with illustrations by G.E. Lodge, and H. Grönvold. London: Murray, 1920. url .
- Territory in bird life, by H. Eliot Howard, with illustrations by G. E. Lodge and H. Grönvold. New York, E. P. Dutton, 1920. url .
- Territory in bird life. London, J. Murray, 1920. url .
- Text-book of zoology; London, A. and C. Black, 1901. url .
- Text-book of zoology; treated from a biological standpoint, by Dr. Otto Schmeil; tr. from the German by Rudolf Rosenstock, M. A.; ed. by J. T. Cunningham, M. A. London, A. and C. Black, 1901. url p. 182.
- The American midland naturalist. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame. url p. 8.
- The American oologists' exchange price list of North American birds' eggs, 1922 / compiled by a committee of twenty-five prominent American oologists. Lacon, Ill.: R. Magoon Barnes, 1922. url p. 77.
- The Biological bulletin. Woods Hole, Mass.: Marine Biological Laboratory, url p. 468.
- The British bird book / London: A. & C. Black, 1921. url .
- The British nature book; a complete handbook and guide to British nature study, embracing the mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, plants, etc., in the United Kingdom, by S.N. Sedgwick. .. Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, Ltd., 1922. url p. 62.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url , gabrielson , campbell , p. 111, p. 114, p. 116, p. 120, p. 129, p. 137, p. 15, p. 15, p. 151, p. 152, p. 159, p. 176, p. 179, p. 181, p. 181, p. 183, p. 186, p. 211, p. 230, p. 232, p. 234, p. 252, p. 267, p. 289, p. 305, p. 31, p. 35, p. 352, p. 363, p. 374, p. 406, p. 420, p. 429, p. 433, p. 433, p. 44, p. 442, p. 458, p. 459, p. 469, p. 471, p. 494, p. 494, p. 498, p. 500, p. 507, p. 52, p. 524, p. 58, p. 58, p. 582, p. 60, p. 611, p. 612, p. 630, p. 632, p. 64, p. 651, p. 663, p. 666, p. 667, p. 670, p. 676, p. 678, p. 693, p. 697, p. 70, p. 728, p. 730, p. 731, p. 739, p. 748, p. 78, p. 93.
- The Emu: official organ of the Australasian Ornithologists' Union. Melbourne: Royal Australasian Ornithologists Union, 1901- url p. 36.
- The Field naturalist's quarterly. Edinburgh: George A. Morton, 1902-1904. url p. 73.
- The Glasgow naturalist. Glasgow, Andersonian Naturalists of Glasgow. url p. 10, p. 103, p. 113, p. 116, p. 12, p. 143, p. 149, p. 210, p. 22, p. 23, p. 3, p. 40, p. 46, p. 59, p. 65, p. 67, p. 71, p. 72, p. 73, p. 82, p. 87, p. 93.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 47 1987 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url , , orr & mccallister, page 345, p. 453, p. 482, p. 499, p. 518, p. 520, p. 578, p. 603, p. 605, white & tanner-white, page 64, p. 651, p. 653, p. 661.
- The Journal of the Natural History Society of Siam. [Bangkok, Thailand]: The Society, url p. 224.
- The Journal of the South African Ornithologists' Union. Pretoria. url p. 147, p. 151, p. 154, p. 21, p. 23, p. 61, p. 71.
- The Marine Mammal Commission compendium of selected treaties, international agreements, and other relevant documents on marine resources, wildlife, and the environment / compiled by Richard L. Wallace. Washington, D.C.: The Commission; 1994 url p. 3484.
- The Philippine journal of science. Manila: Bureau of Science url p. 225, p. 43.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng. [etc.]: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux [etc.] url p. 220.
- The Scottish naturalist. Arbroath [etc.]T. Buncle & Co. [etc.] url , p. 119, p. 240, p. 25, p. 3, p. 78.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 37 1956 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 1262, p. 1375.
- The Victoria history of the County of Hertford / edited by William Page. London: Published for the University of London, Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall,  url .
- The Victoria history of the county of Warwick. London: Published for the University of London Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall, 1965- url p. 194.
- The aims and methods of nature study: a guide for teachers / by John Rennie; with an introduction by J. Arthur Thomson. Baltimore, Md.: Warwick & York,  url p. 41.
- The balance of nature and modern conditions of cultivation: a practical manual of animal foes and friends for the country gentleman, the farmer, the forester, the gardener, and the sportsman / by George Abbey. London: E.P. Dutton, 1909. url p. 63.
- The biology of birds / by J. Arthur Thomson. New York: Macmillan, 1923. url p. 435.
- The bird rookeries of the Tortugas. Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1919. url p. 499.
- The bird-life of London / by Charles Dixon. London: Heinemann, 1909. url .
- The birds of Breconshire / by E. Cambridge Phillips. .. Brecon [Eng.]: E. Davies, 1899. url p. 145, p. 67.
- The birds of Britain: their distribution and habits / Cambridge [England]: Cambridge University Press, 1916. url .
- The birds of Calcutta, by Frank Finn. Calcutta, Thacker, Spink & co., 1904. url p. 90.
- The birds of Celebes and the neighbouring islands / A.B. Meyer and L.W. Wiglesworth. Berlin: R. Friedländer, 1898. url , p. 44, p. 537, p. 936, p. 96, p. 97.
- The birds of Cerro de la Neblina, Territorio Federal Amazonas, Venezuela / David E. Willard. .. [et al.]. 65 1991 [Chicago, Ill.]: Field Museum of Natural History, c1991. url p. 50.
- The birds of Cheshire / by T. A. Coward and Charles Oldham. Manchester [England]: Sherratt and Hughes, 1900. url p. 265.
- The birds of Chile, by Charles E. Hellmayr. 19 1932 Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1932. url p. 47.
- The birds of North and Middle America: a descriptive catalogue of the higher groups, genera, species, and subspecies of birds known to occur in North America, from the Arctic lands to the Isthmus of Panama, the West Indies and other island Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1901- url , , , , , , , , .
- The birds of Tunisia; being a history of the birds found in the regency of Tunis. By J. I. S. Whitaker. London, R.H. Porter, 1905. url , p. 182.
- The birds of Yorkshire: being a historical account of the avi-fauna of the county / by T. H. Nelson; with the co-operation of W. Eagle Clarke and F. Boyes. London: A. Brown, 1907. url p. 153, p. 791.
- The birds of our country. London, Digby, Long & Co., 1898. url p. 133.
- The birds of southeastern Madagascar / Steven M. Goodman. .. [et al.]. 87 1997 [Chicago, Ill.]: Field Museum of Natural History, c1997. url p. 130, p. 63.
- The birds of the Anamba Islands / by Harry C. Oberholser. Washington: G.P.O., 1917. url p. 28, p. 29, p. 30, p. 31, p. 32, p. 34, p. 72, p. 75.
- The birds of the Anamba Islands, by Harry C. Oberholser. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1917. url p. 29, p. 30, p. 31, p. 32, p. 34.
- The birds of the Santa Marta region of Colombia: a study in altitudinal distribution. Pittsburgh, Carnegie Institute, 1922 url .
- The birds. Leyden, 1899 url .
- The book of bee-keeping. A practical and complete manual on the proper management of bees. .. London, L. U. Gill[1908?] url .
- The book of bee-keeping: a practical and complete manual on the proper management of bees. .. / London: L. U. Gill,  url .
- The determination of generic types: and a list of roundworm genera, with their original and type species / by Ch. Wardell Stiles and Albert Hassall. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Bureau of Animal Industry, 1905. url p. 51.
- The eggs of European birds / by Francis C.R. Jourdain. London: R.H. Porter, 1906. url p. 177.
- The fauna and geography of the Maldive and Laccadive archipelagoes: being the account of the work carried on and of the collections made by an expedition during the years 1899 and 1900 / Ed. by J. Stanley Gardiner. Cambridge: University Press, 1903-06. url p. 368, p. 373.
- The fauna of Shropshire, being an account of all the mammals, birds, reptiles & fishes found in the county of Salop. With an introduction dealing with the physical features of the county, a copious index, a chapter on the pri Illustrated by photographic plates and portraits. By H. Edward Forrest. Shrewsbury, L. Wilding [etc. etc.]1899. url p. 118.
- The fundus oculi of birds, especially as viewed by the ophthalmoscope; a study in the comparative anatomy and physiology, by Casey Albert Wood. Illustrated by 145 drawings in the text; also by sixty-one colored paintings prepared for this work by Arthur W. Head. .. Chicago, The Lakeside Press, 1917. url , , p. 104, p. 18, p. 44.
- The history of the collections contained in the natural history departments of the British Museum. by R. Bowdler Sharpe. London, 1906. url p. 100.
- The human species, considered from the standpoints of comparative anatomy, physiology, pathology and bacteriology. London, Longmans, 1909. url p. 327.
- The journal of the Natural History Society of Siam. [London: Luzac, 1914]-1924. url p. 23.
- The making of species, London, J. Lane Company, 1909. url .
- The making of species, by Douglas Dewar and Frank Finn. London, J. Lane, 1909. url p. 251, p. 394.
- The mason-wasps, by J. Henri Fabre; tr. by Alexander Teixeira de Mattos. .. New York: Dodd, Mead and Company, 1919. url p. 315.
- The mason-wasps. Translated by Alexander Teixeira de Mattos. New YorkDodd, Mead1919 url p. 315.
- The method for ornithophaenology inauguarated by the Hungarian Central Office of Ornithology. Budapest, Printed by V. Hornyánszky. url p. 11, p. 5, p. 8.
- The migration of birds / by T.A. Coward. Cambridge, [England]: The University Press, 1912. url p. 136, p. 65.
- The migration of birds, as observed at Irish lighthouses and lightships including the original reports from 1888-97, now published for the first time, and an analysis of these and of the previously pu together with an appendix giving the measurement sof about 1600 wings / London: R.H. Porter, [etc., etc., 1900] url p. 161, p. 169, p. 172, p. 237, p. 274, p. 306, p. 363, p. 37, p. 423, p. 478, p. 523, p. 593, p. 660.
- The migration of birds, by T.A. Coward. Cambridge [Eng.]The University press;1912. url p. 136, p. 65.
- The migration of birds, by T.A.Coward. Cambridge [Eng.]G.P. Putnam's sons, 1912. url p. 136, p. 65.
- The migration of birds. CambridgeUniversity Press1912 url p. 136, p. 65.
- The natural history & antiquities of Selborne in the county of Southampton, by Gilbert White, with illustrations in colour by George Edward Collins... London: Macmillan and co., limited, 1911. url p. 100.
- The natural history and antiquities of Selborne, in the county of Southampton / London: Macmillan and Co., 1911. url , .
- The natural history of Selborne / London; Cassell and Co., 1908. url .
- The natural history of Selborne / by Gilbert White; edited with notes by Grant Allen; illustrated by Edmund H. New. London; John Lane the Bodley Head, 1900. url p. 70.
- The natural history of Selborne by Gilbert White; edited with notes by Grant Allen; illustrated by Edmund H. New. London;J. Lane, 1900. url .
- The natural history of Selborne; edited with notes by Grant Allen. .. London: Lane, 1902. url p. 71.
- The natural history of South Africa. by F.W. Fitzsimons. London, New York [etc.]Longmans, Green and co., 1923. url p. 252.
- The natural history of animals: the animal life of the world in its various aspects and relations, London, The Gresham Publishing Company, 1903-04. url .
- The oo?logist's record. London, Harrison and Sons, - url p. 100.
- The passerine birds of Ceylon / by W.E. Wait. S.l.: s.n., 1922? url p. 161.
- The practical study of malaria and other blood parasites, by J.W.W. Stephens and S.R. Christophers. London, Published for the University Press of Liverpool by Williams and Norgate, 1908. url p. 360.
- The standard dictionary of facts, history, language, literature, biography, geography, travel, art, government, politics, industry, invention, commerce, science, education, natural history, statistics Buffalo, Frontier Press url p. 769.
- The structure and classification of birds, London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1898. url .
- The summer birds of Sudbury district, Ontario / [Toronto]: Printed by University of Toronto Press, 1947. url p. 14.
- The vertebrate fauna of Cheshire and Liverpool Bay / London: Witherby, 1910. url p. 179, p. 185.
- The wonders of animal ingenuity / by H. Coupin and John Lea. Philadelphia: Lippincott, 1910. url p. 153.
- The world's birds a simple and popular classification of the birds of the world, by Frank Finn. With over 50 illustrations from photographs (mostly taken from living specimens) and outline figures in the text. London: Hutchinson & co., 1908. url p. 116.
- Three voyages of a naturalist, being an account of many little-known islands in three oceans visited by the "Valhalla, " R. Y. S.; London, Witherby & co., 1908. url p. 245, p. 80, p. 83.
- Three voyages of a naturalist: being an account of many little-known islands in three oceans visited by the "Valhalla" R.Y.S. / by M. J. Nicoll; with an introduction by the Earl of Crawford. London: Witherby & Co., 1908. url p. 245, p. 80.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 54.
- Transactions of the San Diego Society of Natural History. 18 1976 [San Diego]: The Society, 1905-1989. url p. 149, p. 45.
- Transactions of the Sapporo Natural History Society. Sapporo, Japan, Sapporo Natural History Society, Hokkaido Imperial University. url .
- Travels and traditions of waterfowl. Minneapolis, University of Minnesota Press url p. 282, p. 287, p. 288.
- Travels of a naturalist in northern Europe, Norway, 1871, Archangel, 1872, Petchora, 1875, London, T. F. Unwin, 1905. url p. 111, p. 538.
- Turner on birds: a short and succinct history of the principal birds noticed by Pliny and Aristotle first published by Doctor William Turner, 1544. Ed. with introduction, translation, notes, and appendix, by A. H. Evans. Cambridge, University press, 1903. url , , p. 217, p. 217.
- Turner on birds; a short and succinct history of the principal birds notices by Pliny and Artistotle, Cambridge, University press, 1903. url .
- University of Kansas publications, Museum of Natural History. 12 1964 Lawrence, University of Kansas. url p. 556, p. 581, p. 614, p. 639, p. 642, p. 655, p. 680, p. 685.
- Washington State Coastal Zone Management Program amendment no. 3: approval of the Grays Harbor estuary management plan: program draft environmental impact statement. [Olympia, Wash.?]: Grays Harbor Regional Planning Commission; 1983. url p. 17, p. 8.
- Wild animals of Glacier National Park. The mammals, Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1918. url .
- Wild birds and their haunts (a book for students and sportsmen) by W. Halliday. .. with a foreword by Gene Stratton-Porter, and an introduction by W. Percival Westell, F.L.S. London, Heath, Cranton limited url p. 269, p. 289.
- Wild life of the world: a descriptive survey of the geographical distribution of animals / London; F. Warne and co., 1916. url p. 266, p. 468.
- Wissenschaftliche ergebnisse der Deutschen Zentral-Africa-Expedition, 1907-1908: unter Führung Adolf Friedrichs, herzogs zu Mecklenburg. Leipzig: Klinkhardt & Biermann, 1910- url p. 297.
- With nature & a camera; being the adventures and observations of a field naturalist & an animal photographer London, Cassell and company, limited, 1911 url p. 57.
- With nature and a camera; being the adventures and observations of a field naturalist and an animal photographer, by Richard Kearton, illustrated by 180 pictures from photographs by Cherry Kearton. London, Cassell and company, limited, 1898. url p. 57.
- Wonders of the bird world, New York, Frederick A. Stokes company,  url .
- Wonders of the bird world, by Bowdler Sharpe...With illustrations by A. T. Elwes. New York: Frederick A. Stokes company,  url p. 196, p. 336.
- Zambezia: a general description of the valley of the Zambezi River, from its delta to the River Aroangwa, with its history, agriculture, flora, fauna, and ethnography / London: J. Murray, 1910. url .
- Zoologische Jahrbücher. Jena [Germany]: G. Fischer, 1910-1993. url p. 298.
- Zoology of Colorado, by Theodore D.A. Cockerell. .. Boulder, Col., University of Colorado, 1927. url p. 90.
- [Collected reprints, 1902-1928. s.l., s.n.19--] url .
- BirdLife International 2009. Hirundo rustica. In: IUCN 2011. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. <www.iucnredlist.org>. Downloadedon 01February2012.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
- IUCN 2012. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. . Downloaded on January 28, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal December 02, 2007:
- Canadian Biodiversity Information Facility, North West Territories and Nunavut Bird Checklist, Canada
- Canadian Biodiversity Information Facility, Provincial Museum of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada. Birds
- Canadian Biodiversity Information Facility, Royal British Columbia Museum
- Marine Science Institute, UCSB, Paleobiology Database
- New Brunswick Museum, NBM birds
- Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History, Santa Barbara Musem of Natural History
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility, Western Palearctic migrants in continental Africa
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 5366
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-178451
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 3085810
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 178448
- IUCN ID: 214354
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: ABPAU09030
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 13093