Typically found in the intertidal zone at the water's edge at a mean distance from sea level of -46.25 meters (-151.74 feet).
- Chatton, 1925
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- Superphylum: Eutrochozoa () - (Rafinesque, 1814) Sedgwick, 1898
- Branch: Protostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - Animals
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 24-Jun-1996
Members of the genus Glycera
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 0 species and subspecies in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A manual of the common invertebrate animals, exclusive of insects / by Henry Sherring Pratt. .. with over one thousand illustrations. Chicago: A.C. McClurg & Co., 1923. url p. 291.
- A monograph of the British marine annelids. 2 1910 London, The Ray society, 1873/1900-1922/23. url p. 486.
- Allan Hancock Atlantic expedition / University of Southern California. Los Angeles, Calif.: The University, 1945- url p. 18, p. 4, p. 5, p. 6, p. 7, p. 8.
- Allan Hancock Pacific expeditions. [Reports] Los Angeles, University of Southern California Press. url p. 11, p. 173, p. 178, p. 179, p. 180, p. 183, p. 186, p. 188, p. 189, p. 191, p. 192, p. 193, p. 194, p. 195, p. 196, p. 20, p. 209, p. 21, p. 210, p. 213, p. 216, p. 240, p. 246, p. 254, p. 321, p. 329, p. 371, p. 379, p. 393, p. 4, p. 401, p. 415, p. 49, p. 60, p. 62, p. 63, p. 73, p. 89, p. 90.
- Animals of the seashore, by Horace G. Richards. Boston, B. Humphries, inc.[c1938] url p. 125, p. 269.
- Benthic community response to dredging borrow pits, Panama City Beach, Florida / by Carl H. Saloman, Steven P. Naughton, and John L. Taylor; prepared for U.S. Army, Corps of Engineers, Coastal Engineering Research Center. Fort Belvoir, Va.: National Technical Information Service, [distributor, 1982] url p. 19, p. 57, p. 85, p. 87.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 211, p. 213, p. 214, p. 215.
- Bulletin of the Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard College. 85 1938 Cambridge, Mass.: The Museum, 1863- url p. 10.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1971- url p. 52.
- Buzzards Bay Disposal Site Baseline Study, March 1990 / submitted to: Regulatory Branch, New England Division, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; submitted by: Science Applications International Corporation. Waltham, MA: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, New England Division, 1991. url , , , , , .
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 118.
- Contributions to a biological survey of Santa Monica Bay, California, by Olga Hartman. A final report submitted to Hyperion Engineers, Inc., by the Geology Department, University of Southern California, September 17, 1956. Los Angeles?1956? url , , , , , , , , , , .
- Distribution and abundance of fishes and invertebrates in Gulf of Mexico estuaries / project team, David M. Nelson (editor). .. [et al.]. Rockville, Md.: U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Ocean Service, - url p. 298.
- Ecological and behavioural evidence for the systematic status of New Zealand oystercatchers: (Charadriiformes: Haematopodidae) / [Toronto]: Royal Ontario Museum, 1974. url p. 12.
- Effects of dredging and disposal on some benthos at Monterey Bay, California / by John S. Oliver and Peter N. Slattery. Ft. Belvoir, Va.: Dept. of Defense, Dept. of the Army, Corps of Engineers, Coastal Engineering Research Center; 1976. url p. 76.
- Fishery bulletin / U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Marine Fisheries Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service: url p. 214, p. 216, p. 218, p. 222, p. 479, p. 480, p. 610.
- Fishery bulletin. United States Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, The Service, U.S. Govt Print. Off. url p. 415.
- Fishery circular / U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Fisheries. [Washington]: The Bureau, 1931-1939. url p. 45.
- Keys to marine invertebrates of the Woods Hole region: a manual for the identification of the more common marine invertebrates / compiled by Ralph I. Smith with the assistance of many other contributors. Woods Hole, Mass.: Systematics-Ecology Program, Marine Biological Laboratory, 1964. url p. 58, p. 68.
- Memoirs and proceedings of the Manchester Literary & Philosophical Society. Manchester: The Society, 1888-1980. url p. 11, p. 17.
- Monitoring cruise at the New London disposal site, 1992-1998: Volume II, Seawolf Mound / submitted to Regulatory Division, New England District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; submitted by Science Applications International Corporation. Newport, R.I.: Science Applications International Corporation, 2001. url p. 3.
- Monitoring surveys at the New London disposal site, August 1985-July 1986 / submitted to: Regulatory Branch, New England Division, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; submitted by: J.H. Parker, E.C. Revelas [of] Science Applications International Corporation. Waltham, MA: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, New England Division, 1989. url , .
- NOAA technical report NMFS SSRF. Seattle, Wash.: National Marine Fisheries Service; url p. 6.
- Nature. London, etc., Macmillan Journals Ltd., etc. url p. 84.
- New Haven Harbor ecological studies summary report, 1970-1977 / prepared for the United Illuminating Company, New Haven, Connecticut by Normandeau Associates, inc., Bedford, New Hampshire; edited by Andrew J. McCusker, Weldon S. Bosworth. Bedford, N.H.: Normandeau, 1979. url p. 12, p. 14, p. 21, p. 23, p. 50.
- Polychaetous annelids and benthic environments in Tampa Bay, Florida. 1971. url p. 1005, p. 1008, p. 1010, p. 1019, p. 1030, p. 1068, p. 1079, p. 1111, p. 1144, p. 1163, p. 1185, p. 1189, p. 292, p. 295, p. 297, p. 750, p. 751, p. 752, p. 755, p. 756, p. 757, p. 759, p. 761, p. 763, p. 768, p. 788, p. 792, p. 810, p. 813, p. 819, p. 821, p. 823, p. 825, p. 827, p. 829, p. 835, p. 841, p. 843, p. 845, p. 847, p. 849, p. 854, p. 857, p. 861, p. 864, p. 869, p. 870, p. 871, p. 873, p. 875, p. 876, p. 877, p. 878, p. 879, p. 880, p. 882, p. 883, p. 884, p. 885, p. 886, p. 887, p. 888, p. 890, p. 891, p. 892, p. 894, p. 896, p. 897, p. 898, p. 899, p. 900, p. 901, p. 902, p. 903, p. 904, p. 905, p. 906, p. 910, p. 911, p. 912, p. 913, p. 914, p. 916, p. 918, p. 919, p. 920, p. 922, p. 924, p. 926, p. 929, p. 931, p. 932, p. 934, p. 936, p. 937, p. 938, p. 942, p. 944, p. 945, p. 947, p. 948, p. 950, p. 952, p. 954, p. 956, p. 961, p. 980, p. 981, p. 993, p. 995.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 103, p. 103.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 460.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url , p. 110, p. 188.
- Proceedings of the National Shellfisheries Association. Plymouth, Mass., Published for the National Shellfisheries Association by MPG Communications. url p. 8, p. 9.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 19.
- Productive farming; or, A familiar digest of the recent discoveries of Liebig, Johnston, Davy, and other celebrated writers on vegetable chemistry; showing how the results of tillage might be greatly augmented. By Joseph A. Smith. New York, D. Appleton & Co., 1843. url p. 152.
- Seasonal monitoring cruise at the Western Long Island Sound Disposal Site, August 1986 / submitted to: Regulatory Branch, New England Division, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; submitted by: Science Applications International Corporation. Waltham, MA: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, New England Division, 1988. url .
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 46 1905 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 162, p. 278.
- The Biological bulletin. Woods Hole, Mass.: Marine Biological Laboratory, url p. 10, p. 100, p. 177, p. 218, p. 227, p. 229, p. 399, p. 404, p. 99.
- The ocean; a general account of the science of the sea. New York, Holt url p. 191.
- The sea-beach at ebb-tide: a guide to the study of the seaweeds and the lower animal life found between tidemarks / by Augusta Foote Arnold. New York: The Century Co., 1901. url p. 161, p. 180, p. 483.
- The sea-beach at ebb-tide; a guide to the study of the seaweeds and the lower animal life found between tidemarks. By Augusta Foote Arnold, with more than 600 illustrations. New York, The Century Co., 1901. url p. 483.
- Transactions of the San Diego Society of Natural History. 15 1968 [San Diego]: The Society, 1905-1989. url p. 102, p. 70, p. 77.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 16, 2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed February 28, 2008. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 3 providers.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal February 28, 2008:
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: Atlantic Reference Centre (OBIS Canada)
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: Benthic biodiversity along the central coast in the Brazilian EEZ (OBIS South America, BRAZIL) (OBIS South America, BRAZIL)
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: EPA'S EMAP Database
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: Gwaii Haanas Invertebrates (OBIS Canada)
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: Macrobenthic species of the Eastern South Pacific (OBIS South America, SOUTH PACIFIC SUB-NODE)
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: NBI
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: NOAA HML Tidal Creek Database
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: SINBIOTA - marine data (OBIS South America, BRAZIL)
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: South Western Pacific Regional OBIS Data All Sea Bio Subset (South Western Pacific OBIS)
- National Museum of Natural History: NMNH Invertebrate Zoology Collections
- OZCAM (Online Zoological Collections of Australian Museums) Provider: Online Zoological Collections of Australian Museums
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2551283
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-66106
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 13848217
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 66106
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 503589