Common Names in English:
Cat, cats, Domestic cat, Feral cat
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Bateson, 1885
- Cuvier, 1812
- Jawed Vertebrates
- Goodrich, 1930
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Rowe, 1988) M.C. McKenna & S.K. Bell, 1997
- (Wible et al., 1995) M.C. McKenna & S.K. Bell, 1997
- McKenna, 1975
- McKenna, 1975
- McKenna, 1975
- (McKenna, 1975) M.C. McKenna & S.K. Bell, 1997
- (Parker & Haswell, 1897) M.C. McKenna & S.K. Bell, 1997
- (Owen, 1837) M.C. McKenna & S.K. Bell, 1997
- (Mckenna, 1975) M.c. Mckenna & S.k. Bell, 1997
- (McKenna, 1975) McKenna, in Stucky & McKenna, in Benton, ed., 1993
- Grandorder: Ferae () - (Linnaeus, 1758) McKenna, 1975
- Superorder: Preptotheria () - (McKenna, 1975) McKenna, in Stucky & McKenna, in Benton, ed., 1993
- Magnorder: Epitheria () - (Mckenna, 1975) M.c. Mckenna & S.k. Bell, 1997
- Cohort: Placentalia () - (Owen, 1837) M.C. McKenna & S.K. Bell, 1997
- Supercohort: Theria () - (Parker & Haswell, 1897) M.C. McKenna & S.K. Bell, 1997
- Infralegion: Tribosphenida () - (McKenna, 1975) M.C. McKenna & S.K. Bell, 1997
- Sublegion: Zatheria () - McKenna, 1975
- Legion: Cladotheria () - McKenna, 1975
- Superlegion: Trechnotheria () - McKenna, 1975
- Infraclass: Holotheria () - (Wible et al., 1995) M.C. McKenna & S.K. Bell, 1997
- Subclass: Theriiformes () - (Rowe, 1988) M.C. McKenna & S.K. Bell, 1997
- Class: Mammalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758
- Superclass: Tetrapoda () - Goodrich, 1930
- Infraphylum: Gnathostomata () - auct. - Jawed Vertebrates
- Subphylum: Vertebrata () - Cuvier, 1812 - Vertebrates
- Phylum: Chordata () - Bateson, 1885 - Chordates
- Infrakingdom: Chordonia () - (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Deuterostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Felis silvestris catus • Felis silvestris catus Ragni and Randi, 1986
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 15-Aug-2007
Members of the genus Felis
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 38 species and subspecies in this genus:
F. badia (Bay Cat) · F. bengalensis hainana (Leopard Cat) · F. bieti (Chinese Mountain Cat) · F. catus (Cat) · F. catus silvestris (African Wild Cat) · F. chaus (Andean Cougar) · F. colocolo (Pampas Cat) · F. concolor (Goldon Ringtail Possum) · F. concolor concolor (Mountain Lion) · F. concolor coryi (Florida Panther) · F. concolor couguar (Eastern Cougar) · F. concolor schorgeri (Wisconsin Cougar) · F. geoffroyi geoffroyi (Geoffroy's Cat) · F. guigna (Kodkod) · F. guigna guigna (Kodkod) · F. iriomotensis (Band-Tailed Goatfish) · F. libyca (African Wild Cat) · F. manul (Pallas's Cat) · F. margarita (Pakistan Sand Cat) · F. margarita margarita (Sand Dune Cat) · F. nigripes (African Black-Footed Cat) · F. nigripes nigripes (African Black-Footed Cat) · F. pardalis (Ocelot) · F. pardina (Spanish Lynx) · F. pardus (Small Cats) · F. planiceps (Flat-Headed Cat) · F. rubiginosa (Vogelkop Ringtail) · F. serval serval (Serval) · F. silvestris (Andean Cougar) · F. silvestris bieti (Chinese Desert Cat) · F. silvestris catus (African Wild Cat) · F. silvestris grampia (Scottish Wildcat) · F. sylvestris (Wild Cat) · F. temmincki (Asian Golden Cat) · F. tigris (Small Cats) · F. viverrina (Fishing Cat) · F. wiedii wiedii (Margay) · F. yagouaroundi cacomitli (Jaguarundi)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... The domestic cat; bird killer, mouser and destroyer of wild life; means of utilizing and controlling it. By Edward Howe Forbush. .. Boston, Wright & Potter printing co., state printers, 1916. url p. 10, p. 9, p. 9.
- A catalogue of the collection of mammals in the Field Columbian Museum. 1907 8 Chicago: Field Columbian Museum, 1907. url p. 386, p. 391, p. 605.
- A check list of mammals of the North American continent, the West Indies and the neighboring seas. Chicago, 1905. url p. 365, p. 593, p. 593.
- A geographical history of mammals. By R. Lydekker. .. Cambridge, The University press, 1896. url .
- A guide to the fossil mammals and birds in the Department of geology and paleontology in the British museum (Natural history). With 6 plates and 88 text-figures. London, Printed by order of the Trustees [by W. Clowes and sons, limited]1904. url .
- A guide to the quadrupeds and reptiles of Europe: with descriptions of all the species / compiled from the latest writers by Lord Clermont. London: J. Van Voorst, 1859. url p. 67.
- A hand-book to the British mammalia. London, Edward Lloyd, 1896. url , , p. 5, p. 88, p. 88, p. 88.
- A hand-book to the Carnivora. by Richard Lydekker. London: Allen,  url p. 170.
- A handbook of the vertebrate fauna of Yorkshire: being a catalogue of British mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, and fishes / by Wm. Eagle Clarke, and Wm. Denison Roebuck. London: Reeve, 1881. url p. 5.
- A handbook to the carnivora: part 1: cats, civets, and mongooses / by Richard Lydekker; edited by R. Bowdler Sharpe. London: E. Lloyd, 1896. url p. 170.
- A history of British fossil mammals, and birds. London, Van Voorst, 1846. url p. 172, p. 173.
- A history of British quadrupeds, including the Cetacea. London, J. Van Voorst, 1874. url .
- A history of British quadrupeds: including the cetacea / by Thomas Bell. London: Van Voorst, 1874. url p. 220.
- A history of the birds of Europe: including all the species inhabiting the western palaearctic region / London: Published by the Author, 1871-1881. url p. 311.
- A history of the earth and animated nature / with copious notes, to which is subjoined an appendix by Thomas Brown. Glasgow: A. Fullarton, 1840. url p. 483.
- A manual of forestry. London, Bradbury, Agnew, 1889-96. url p. 114.
- A manual of land and fresh water vertebrate animals of the United States (exclusive of birds) by Henry Sherring Pratt. .. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co., inc.[c1935] url p. 395.
- A manual of zoology / by T. Jeffrey Parker. New York: Macmillan, 1900. url p. 2.
- A manual of zoology / by the late T. Jeffery Parker and William A. Haswell. London: Macmillan & co., ltd.; 1899. url p. 2.
- A manual of zoology for the use of students: with a general introd. on the principles of zoology / by Henry Alleyne Nicholson. London: William Blackwood 8 Sons, 1887. url p. 541.
- A manual of zoology, London, Macmillan & Co., Ltd., 1900. url , .
- A manual of zoology. .. Edinburgh, Blackwood, 1870. url p. 751.
- A natural history of British and foreign quadrupeds; containing many modern discoveries, original observations, and numerous ancedotes. By James H. Fennell. With two hundred wood cuts. .. London, J. Thomas, 1841. url p. 248, p. 250.
- A study of the mammals of Iran: resulting from the Street Expedition of 1962-63 [by] Douglas M. Lay. 54 1967 [Chicago]Field Museum of Natural History, 1967. url p. 120, p. 128, p. 130, p. 161, p. 214, p. 215, p. 277, p. 69, p. 76, p. 78, p. 93.
- A survey of the mammals of Afghanistan, resulting from the 1965 Street Expedition (excluding bats) [by] Jerry D. Hassinger. 60 1973 [Chicago]Field Museum of Natural History, 1973. url p. 146, p. 147, p. 149, p. 153, p. x.
- A synoptic text-book of zoölogy, for colleges and schools / by Arthur Wisswald Weysse. New York: Macmillan, 1904, c1903. url p. 404.
- A systematic treatise on comparative physiology, introductory to the physiology of man / London: Published by John Churchill and Thos. Kaye, 1834. url p. 235.
- A text-book of agricultural zoology, Edinburgh and London, W. Blackwood and Sons, 1899. url , , .
- A text-book of zoology / by T. Jeffery Parker and William A. Haswell. London: Macmillan1910 url p. 2.
- A text-book of zoology, London, Macmillan and Co., Limited, 1910. url .
- A text-book of zoology, by the late T. Jeffery Parker. .. and William A. Haswell. .. London, Macmillian and co., limited, 1921. url p. 2, p. 2.
- A tour in Sutherlandshire, with extracts from the fieldbooks of a sportsman and naturalist. By Charles St. John... With woodcuts. London: J. Murray, 1849. url p. 325.
- A tour in Sutherlandshire: with extracts from the field-books of a sportsman and naturalist / with an Appendix on the fauna of Sutherland by J.A. Harvie-Brown and T.E. Buckley. Edinburgh, Douglas, 1884. url p. 325.
- Abstract of the proceedings of the Linnaean Society of New York. [New York]: The Society, [1889-1932]. url p. 38, p. 40.
- Advances in the study of mammalian behavior / edited by John F. Eisenberg and Devra G. Kleiman. [Stillwater, Okla.]: American Society of Mammalogists; 1983. url p. 107, p. 166, p. 295, p. 302.
- Agricultural zoology, London, Chapman & Hall, Ld., 1894. url .
- Agriculture, ancient and modern: a historical account of its principles and practice, exemplified in their rise, progress, and development. By Samuel Copland, the "Old Norfolk farmer" of the Mark Lane Express. . London, Virtue and company, 1866. url p. 627.
- An angler's rambles and angling songs / by Thomas Tod Stoddart. Edinburgh: Edmonston & Douglas, 1866. url p. 147, p. 40.
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. .. by George M. Gould. 5th ed., with additions and corrections. PhiladelphiaP. Blakiston's Son1907 url p. 1014.
- An illustrated dictionary of scientific terms. New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons, pref. 1878. url p. 126, p. 70.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 212, p. 212, p. 224, p. 224, p. 27, p. 287, p. 287, p. 30, p. 337, p. 337.
- Anatomischer Anzeiger. Jena: G. Fischer, 1886- url p. 122, p. 126, p. 201, p. 215, p. 273, p. 30, p. 645, p. 67, p. 90.
- Animal geography, the faunas of the natural regions of the Globe. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1913. url p. 44.
- Animal geography: the faunas of the natural regions of the globe / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1913. url .
- Animate creation; popular edition of "Our Living World" a natural history, by the Rev. J. G. Wood. Revised and adapted to American zoology, by Joseph B. Holder. New York, S. Hess url p. 180.
- Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. New York, New York Academy of Sciences. url p. 275, p. 277, p. 315.
- Annual report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, -1965. url p. 46, p. 89, p. 91.
- Annual report of the Regents / Albany: J.B. Lyon, State Printer, 1890-1903. url p. 123.
- Aus dem reiche der pelze. bd. I: Geschichte des rauchwarenhandels. bd. II: Naturgeschichte der pelztiere. Von Emil Brass. Berlin, Im verlage der Neuen pelzwaren-zeitung[pref. 1911] url , , p. 431.
- Biology and conservation of the common murre in California, Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia / editors, David A. Manuwal. .. [et al.]. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey, - url p. 56.
- Biology and its makers: with portraits and other illustrations / by William A. Locy. New York: Henry Holt, [1928, c1908] url p. 126.
- Biology code of the Chemical-Biological Coordination Center... Washington, National Academy of Sciences, National Research Council, 1960. url p. 52.
- Biosphere Reserves, Compilation 4, October 1986: programme on man and the biosphere (MAB) IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 202, p. 498.
- Bird life throughout the year. London, Headley, 1913. url .
- Boletim da Sociedade Portuguesa de Cie?ncias Naturais. Lisboa, Sociedade Portuguesa de Cie?ncias Naturais, 1908- url p. 103.
- Boston journal of natural history. Boston, Boston Society of Natural History. url p. 472.
- Brehm's Life of animals: a complete natural history for popular home instruction and for the use of schools. by Alfred Edmund Brehm; copiously illustrated with wood cuts and color-plates by Fr. Specht. .. [et al]; translated from the third German edition as edited by Prof. Dr. Pechuel-Loesche and William H 1 1895 Chicago: Marquis, 1895. url figure , full page figure , p. 100, p. 101.
- Brigham Young University science bulletin. 17 1972 Provo, Utah: Brigham Young University, [1955-1976] url p. 3, fig. 1, page 3, p. 52, p. 6.
- British barrows: a record of the examination of sepulchral mounds in various parts of England, by William Greenwell. .. together with description of figures of skulls, general remarks on prehistoric crania and an appendix, by George Rolleston. .. Oxford: Clarendon press, c1877. url p. 735.
- British mammals, written and illustrated London, Longmans, Green and Co., 1920-21. url , .
- British mammals; an attempt to describe and illustrate the mammalian fauna of the British islands from the commencement of the Pleistocene period down to the present day, London, Hutchinson, 1903. url , .
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 155, p. 304, p. 768.
- Bulletin / Chicago Natural History Museum. [Chicago, Ill.]: The Museum, [1944-1966] url p. 4.
- Bulletin / Illinois Natural History Survey. Urbana, State of Illinois, Dept. of Registration and Education, Natural History Survey Division, 1918-1985. url p. 283, p. 57, p. 84.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: BM(NH) url p. 26, p. 80.
- Bulletin of the Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard College. 83 1939 Cambridge, Mass.: The Museum, 1863- url p. 236.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1971- url p. 153, p. 154.
- Calcutta journal of natural history, and miscellany of the arts and sciences in India. Calcutta, Bishop's College Press. url p. 101.
- Cassell's natural history / by F. Martin Duncan. London; Cassell and Co., 1913. url p. 381.
- Cassell's natural history. Ed. by P. Martin Duncan. .. London [etc]Cassell & Company, Limited, 1896. url p. 10, p. 59.
- Catalog of California seabird colonies / by Arthur L. Sowls. .. [et al.]. Washington, D.C.: Coastal Ecosystems Project, Office of Biological Services, Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. of the Interior: 1980. url p. 47.
- Catalogue of Mammalia in the Indian Museum, Calcutta / by John Anderson, Superintendent of the Indian Museum. Calcutta, 1881-1891. url p. 232, p. 234.
- Catalogue of carnivorous, pachydermatous and edentate Mammalia. .. in the. .. Museum / by J.E. Gray London, 1869. url p. 33.
- Catalogue of mammalia in the Indian Museum, Calcutta, Calcutta, 1881-1891. url , .
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 472, p. 535, p. 565, p. 582, p. 702.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 472, p. 582, p. 702.
- Catalogue of the Genus Felis / By R.I. Pocock, F.R.S. London, 1951. url p. 13, p. 138, p. 17, p. 188, p. 189, p. 32, p. 4, p. 45, p. 6.
- Catalogue of the bones of Mammalia in the collection of the British museum. London, Printed by Order of the Trustees, 1862. url .
- Catalogue of the bones of mammalia in the collection of the British Museum / [compiled by Edward Gerrard]. London: printed by Taylor and Francis, by order of the Trustees, 1862 url p. 67.
- Catalogue of the books, manuscripts, maps and drawings in the British Museum (Natural History) London: BM(NH), 1903-1940. url p. 1632, p. 1632, p. 2327, p. 778.
- Catalogue of the mammals of Western Europe (Europe exclusive of Russia) in the collection of the British Museum London: printed by order of the Trustees, 1912. url , , .
- Catalogue of the mammals of western Europe (Europe exclusive of Russia) in the collection of the British Museum / by Gerrit S. Miller. London: BMNH, 1912. url p. 1006, p. 456, p. 458, p. 462.
- Checklist of Palaearctic and Indian mammals 1758 to 1946 / by J.R. Ellerman and T.C.S. Morrison-Scott. London: BM(NH), 1966. url p. 301, p. 303.
- Classification of the collection to illustrate the animal resources of the United States. A list of substances derived from the animal kingdom, with synopsis of the useful and injurious animals and a classification to the methods of capture and utilization. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1876. url .
- Collected papers on circulation and respiration. London, MacMillan, 1907. url p. 631.
- College zoology, by Robert W. Hegner. New York, The Macmillan company, 1912. url p. 685.
- College zoology. New YorkMacmillan1918 url p. 685.
- Conservation of Species of Wild Flora and Vertebrate Fauna Threatened in the Community. Part vii: terrestrial mammals (excluding bats): species reports IUCN Species Conservation Monitoring Unit url .
- Conservation of marine birds of northern North America: papers from the international symposium held at the Seattle Hyatt House, Seattle, Washington, 13-15 May 1975 / edited by James C. Bartonek and David N. Nettleship; sponsored by Natural Resources Council of America. .. [et al.]. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service, 1979. url p. 223.
- Directory of Wetlands of International Importance. IUCN url p. 266, p. 767.
- Domesticated animals and plants: a brief treatise upon the origin and development of domesticated races, with special reference to the methods of improvement / Boston; Ginn and Company, [c1910] url .
- Domesticated animals and plants; a brief treatise upon the origin and development of domesticated races, with special reference to the methods of improvement, by E. Davenport. Boston, Ginn and company[c1910] url p. 233, p. 233, p. 233.
- Early man in Britain and his place in the tertiary period by W. Boyd Dawkins; illustrated by woodcuts. London: Macmillan, 1880. url p. 135.
- Effects of highways on wildlife and fish with special reference to Montana a ProCite literature collection / Bozeman, Mont.: Fish and Wildlife Management Program, Montana State University, 2001 url .
- Elements of zoology, to accompany the field and laboratory study of animals, New York, Macmillan, 1911. url .
- Entomological news. [Philadelphia]American Entomological Society, 1925- url p. 84.
- Essex naturalist: being the journal of the Essex Field Club. Buckhurst Hill, Essex, The Club. url p. 66.
- Eton nature-study and observational lessons, by Matthew Davenport Hill, . .. and Wilfred Mark Webb, . .. With a foreword by the Rev. Edmond Warre, . .. Part I-[II]. London, Duckworth & Co., 1903-1904. url p. 151.
- Evolution social and organic Chicago, C. H. Kerr & Co., 1908 url p. 26.
- Extinct and vanishing mammals of the Old World. Illus. by Earl L. Poole. New York, American Committee for International Wild Life Protection, 1945. url p. 262, p. 764, p. 818, p. 823, p. 835.
- From fox's earth to mountain tarn; days among the wild animals of Scotland, by J. H. Crawford. London, J. Lane company, 1907. url p. 45.
- Fur-bearing animals in nature and in commerce. London, Gurney & Jackson, 1892. url , p. 35.
- Gaelic names of beasts (Mammalia), birds, fishes, insects, reptiles, etc. in two parts: 1. Gaelic-English.- 2. English-Gaelic. Part 1. contains Gaelic names or terms for each of the above, with English meanings. Part 2. contains all the English names for which Gaelic is given in Part 1 EdinburghOliver and Boyd1905 url p. 77.
- General embryological information service. Utrecht, Hubrecht Laboratory. url p. 100, p. 104, p. 105, p. 105, p. 105, p. 114, p. 115, p. 119, p. 132, p. 151, p. 156, p. 162, p. 162, p. 163, p. 163, p. 18, p. 18, p. 189, p. 19, p. 197, p. 223, p. 24, p. 26, p. 27, p. 28, p. 28, p. 36, p. 36, p. 36, p. 36, p. 37, p. 46, p. 54, p. 54, p. 61, p. 62, p. 67, p. 69, p. 72, p. 73, p. 73, p. 74, p. 75, p. 76, p. 77, p. 78, p. 96.
- Geological magazine. London [etc.]Cambridge University Press. url p. 327, p. 443.
- Geology of Oxford and the valley of the Thames by John Phillips. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1871. url .
- Glacier garden, Lucerne. Lucerne: Bucher, 1913. url .
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1986 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 148.
- Grouse and grouse moors / by George Malcolm and Aymer Maxwell; with 16 full-page illus. in colour by Charles Whymper. London: A. and C. Black, 1910. url p. 286.
- Habits and characters of British wild animals, by H. Mortimer Batten. .. illustrated by Warwick Reynolds. London [etc.]W. & R. Chambers, Limited url p. 337, p. 338, p. 339, p. 340, p. 341.
- Handbook of zoology / by J. van der Hoeven. Cambridge: University Press, 1856-1858. url p. 704.
- Handbook of zoology; by J. van der Hoeven. Tr. from the 2d Dutch ed. by the Rev. William Clark. Cambridge: Longman, Brown, Green, Longmans, and Roberts, 1856-58. url p. 704.
- Handbook to the natural history of Cambridgeshire, ed. by J.E. Marr. .. and A.E. Shipley. .. Cambridge, University press, 1904. url p. 72.
- Hughes's illustrated anecdotal natural history / by J. G. Wood and Theodore Wood. London: J. Hughes, 1882. url p. 89.
- Humboldt; Monatsschrift für die gesamten Naturwissenschaften. Stuttgart, F. Enke, 1882-90. url p. 140, p. 141, p. 53, p. 64.
- IUCN Directory of Neotropical Protected Areas IUCN url p. 315.
- IUCN Directory of Protected Areas in Oceania IUCN url p. 439.
- Ibis. [London]Published for the British Ornithologists' Union by Academic Press. url p. 288, p. 358.
- Iconographic encyclopaedia of science, literature, and art. systematically arranged by J.G. Heck. Translated from the German, with additions, and edited by Spencer F. Baird. .. illustrated by five hundred steel plates, containing upwards to twelve thousand en New York, R. Garrigue, 1851. url p. 491.
- Illustrated natural history of the animal kingdom, being a systematic and popular description of the habits, structure, and classification of animals from the highest to the lowest forms, with their r New-YorkDerby & Jackson1859 url p. 13, p. 271.
- Illustrations of the comparative anatomy of the nervous system. London, Bradbury and Evans, 1864. url p. 201.
- Index generum mammalium: a list of the genera and families of mammals. By T. S. Palmer. .. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1904. url p. 164, p. 284, p. 827.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. LondonPublished for the International Council by the Royal Society of London1901-1920 url p. 41, p. 41, p. 45.
- International code of zoological nomenclature = Code international de nomenclature zoologique / London: International Trust for Zoological Nomenclature, c/o Natural History Museum, 1999. url p. 100.
- Jenaische Zeitschrift für Naturwissenschaft. Jena, Gustav Fischer [etc.]. url p. 148, p. 154, p. 155, p. 159, p. 177, p. 245, p. 92.
- Journal of anatomy and physiology. Cambridge [Eng., etc.]University Press url , p. 327, p. 336, p. 339.
- Journal of mammalogy. Baltimore, Md.: American Society of Mammalogists url p. 250, p. 272, p. 70.
- Journal of morphology. Boston: Ginn & Co., [1887-1924] url p. 69.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url p. 290, p. 520.
- Key to the land mammals of northeastern North America, Albany, University of the State of New York, 1900. url .
- Lions, tigers, &c., &c. By the editor. London: H. G. Bohn [etc.]1846? url p. 248.
- List of North American land mammals in the United States National Museum, 1911; by Gerrit S. Miller, jr. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1912. url p. 115.
- List of the vertebrated animals now or lately living in the gardens of the Zoological Society of London. London, Printed for the Society, 1896. url p. 58.
- List of vertebrated animals living in the gardens of the Zoological Society of London. .. London, Printed for the Society, 1866. url p. 22.
- Lord Lilford on birds: being a collection of informal and unpublished writings by the late president of the British Ornithologists' Union. With contributed papers upon falconry and otter hunting, his favourite sports. Edited by Aubyn Trevor-Battye and illustrated by Archibald Thorburn. London, Hutchinson, 1903. url p. 214.
- Mammalia: their various forms and habits, popularly illustrated by typical species / London; Cassell, Petter, Galpin & Co., 1883. url p. 381.
- Mammals of Eastern Asia / by G.H.H. Tate. New York: The Macmillan Company, 1947. url p. 188.
- Mammals of the Soviet Union / V.G. Heptner, A.A. Nasimovich, and A.G. Bannikov; scientific editor, Robert S. Hoffmann. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Libraries and National Science Foundation, 1988- url p. 1541, p. 402, p. 63, p. 738, p. 777.
- Manual of elementary zoology. London, Oxford University Press, 1958. url p. 488.
- Memo?rias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz. Rio de Janeiro. url p. 156, p. 158, p. 160, p. 163.
- Memories of the months, being pages from the notebook of a field-naturalist and antiquary, to wit, Sir Herbert Maxwell, bart., M. P. London, E. Arnold, 1897- url p. 236, p. 238.
- Memories of the months. Second series, by the Right Hon. Sir Herbert Maxwell, bart... London: E. Arnold, 1900. url p. 236, p. 238.
- Methods of study in natural history. BostonHoughton, Mifflin1889 url p. 16.
- Monitore zoologico italiano. [Siena]: Instituto anatomico della R. Università di Siena, [1890-1988] url p. 48, p. 51, p. 52, p. 6, p. 65, p. 66, p. 77.
- Monitoring animal use of modified drainage culverts on the Lolo South Project / [Helena, MT]: Available through the National Technical Information Service, 2001] url .
- Monograph of the Palaeontographical Society. London: Printed for the Palaeontographical Society, [1847?- url , , p. 179, p. 181, p. 183, p. 193.
- Mostly mammals, zoological essays. New York, Dodd Mead, 1903. url p. 188.
- Natural history in zoological gardens; being some account of vertebrated animals, with special reference to those usually to be seen in the Zoological society's gardens in London and similar institutions, by Frank E. Beddard. .. With illustrations by Gambier Bolton & Winifred Austen. London, A. Constable & co., ltd.;1905. url p. 100, p. 102.
- Natural history of the animal kingdom for the use of young people: in three parts, comprising I. Mammalia: II. Birds: Part III. Reptiles, amphibia, fishes, insects, worms, molluscs, zoophytes, &c.: with 91 coloured plates, including about 850 figures, and numerous adapted from the German of Professor von Schubert by W.F. Kirby. 1889 Brighton: E. & J.B. Young and Co., 1889. url plate VIII.
- Natural history of the fishes of Massachusetts: embracing a practical essay on angling: with fifty-four wood engravings / by Jerome V.C. Smith, M.D. Boston: William D. Ticknor, 1843. url p. 205.
- Natural history, by R. Lydekker [and others] London, Hutchinson, 1897. url p. 741.
- Natural science. London: Macmillan & Co., [1892-1899] url p. 323.
- Natural science: a monthly review of scientific progress. London [etc.]: Macmillan and Company [etc.], [1892-1899] url p. 323.
- Nature. London, Macmillan. url p. 134, p. 184, p. 215, p. 277, p. 326, p. 584, p. 93.
- North American fauna. Washington: Fish and Wildlife Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U. S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 265, p. 284, p. 407, p. 680, p. 827.
- Occasional papers of the Museum of Natural History, the University of Kansas. 1989 Lawrence, Kan.: The University, 1971-1994. url p. 31.
- Official lists and indexes of names and works in zoology. London, U.K.: International Trust for Zoological Nomenclature, c/o Natural History Museum, 2001. url p. 125.
- On the anatomy of vertebrates. .. By Richard Owen. London, Longmans, Green and Co., 1866-68. url p. 840, p. 880.
- On the anatomy of vertebrates. LondonLongmans, Green1866-68 url p. 840, p. 880.
- Opinions and declarations rendered by the International Commission on Zoological Nomenclature. London, Printed by order of the International Trust for Zoological Nomenclature. url p. 185, p. 194, p. 259, p. 337, p. 376, p. 43, p. 45, p. 46, p. 47, p. 48, p. 489, p. 49, p. 490, p. 503, p. 51.
- Oppian, Colluthus, Tryphiodorus, with an English translation by A.W. Mair LondonW. Heinemann1928 url p. 517.
- Ornithologisches Centralblatt. Leipzig: L.A. Kittler, 1876-82. url p. 48.
- Our cats and all about them: their varieties, habits, and management, and for show, the standard of excellence and beauty / described and pictured by Harrison Weir. Tunbridge Wells [England]: R. Clements and Co., 1889. url p. 158, p. 162, p. 164.
- Our country's animals and how to know them. A guide to the mammals, reptiles and amphibians of Great Britain. With plates and diagrams by R.E. Holding. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent url , p. 103, p. 88.
- Our living resources: a report to the nation on the distribution, abundance, and health of U.S. plants, animals, and ecosystems / [edited by], Edward T. LaRoe. .. [et al.]. Washington, DC: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, National Biological Service, 1995. url p. 378, p. 497.
- Our living world; an artistic edition of the Rev. J. G. Wood's Natural history of animate creation. 1 1885 New York: S. Hess,  url illustration , illustration , p. 160, p. 161, p. 162.
- Outlines of comparative physiology touching the structure and development of the races of animals, living and extinct: for the use of schools and colleges / by Louis Agassiz and A.A. Gould; edited from the revised edition and greatly enlarged by Thomas Wright, M.D.; with 390 illustrations. London: Bell & Daldy, 1870. url , p. 113.
- Outlines of comparative physiology: touching the structure and development of the races of animals, living and extinct, for the use of schools and colleges / by Louis Agassiz and A. A. Gould; ed. from the rev. ed. & greatly enl., by Thomas Wright. London: Bell & Daldy, 1867. url p. xix.
- Papers, chiefly anatomical, presented at the Portland Meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, August 1873 / by Burt G. Wilder. Salem, Mass.: Salem Press, 1874. url , p. 237, p. 305.
- Phlebotomine sand flies (Diptera: Psychodidae) and diffuse cutaneous leishmaniasis in the Dominican Republic / by Richard N. Johnson. 1984. url p. 96.
- Popular science monthly. New York: D. Appleton, 1872-1950. url p. 93.
- Pre-historic times London, Williams and Norgate, 1865 url p. 182.
- Pre-historic times, as illustrated by ancient remains and the manners and customs of modern savages, by Sir John Lubbock, bart. New York, D. Appleton and company, 1892. url p. 238.
- Principles of zoology: touching the structure, development, distribution, and natural arrangement of the races of animals, living and extinct, with numerous illustrations: part I, Comparative physiology, for the use of schools and colleges / by Louis Agassiz and A.A. Gould. Boston: Gould and Lincoln, 1851. url p. 17.
- Principles of zoèology: touching the structure, development, distribution, and natural arrangement of the races of animals, living and extinct: with numerous illustrations. Boston: Gould and Lincoln, 1855. url p. 17.
- Principles of zoölogy: touching the structure, development, distribution, and natural arrangement of the races of animals, living and extinct: part I, Comparative physiology, for the use of schools and colleges / by Louis Agassiz and A.A. Gould. Boston: Gould and Lincoln Co., 1867, c1851. url p. 17.
- Principles of zoölogy:: touching the structure, development, distribution, and natural arrangement of the races of animals, living and extinct, with numerous illustrations. Part I. Comparative physiology, for the use of sch by Louis Agassiz and A.A. Gould. Boston: Gould and Lincoln, 1853, c1851. url p. 17.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 50, p. 50, p. 52, p. 52, p. 54, p. 54, p. 579, p. 579, p. 713.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 320.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 244, p. 303.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 55.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url , p. 117, p. 125, p. 126, p. 127, p. 133, p. 204, p. 241, p. 278, p. 308, p. 309, p. 310, p. 311, p. 324, p. 43, p. 44, p. 46, p. 50, p. 69, p. 99.
- Proceedings of the Manchester Institute of Arts and Sciences. Manchester, N.H.: The Institute, 1900-1911. url p. 154.
- Proceedings of the Natural History Society of Glasgow. Glasgow, Natural History Society of Glasgow. url , , p. 120, p. 142, p. 189, p. 43.
- Proceedings of the Royal Physical Society of Edinburgh. Edinburgh: The Society, 1858-1955 url p. 105, p. 157, p. 306, p. 392.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 13, p. 26, p. 31, p. 32, p. 368, p. 535, p. 58, p. 61, p. 69, p. 70, p. 72, p. 75, p. 80, p. 9.
- Protozoan parasites of domestic animals and of man. Minneapolis, Burgess Pub. Co. url p. 396.
- Publication. Field Columbian Museum. Chicago, U.S.A.: The Museum, 1895-1909. url p. 365, p. 443, p. 593, p. 754, p. 754, p. 789, p. 789.
- Publication. Field Museum of Natural History. Chicago, U.S.A.: The Museum, 1910-1943. url p. 279, p. 495.
- Recreations of a naturalist / London: T. Fisher Unwin, 1906. url , .
- Red deer. Natural history, by the Rev. H. A. Macpherson; Deer stalking, by Cameron of Lochiel; Stag hunting, by Viscount Ebrington; Cookery, by Alexander Innes Shand. Illustrations by J. Charlton and A. Thorburn. London, Longmans, Green and co., 1896. url p. 8.
- Report of the United States Geological Survey of the territories. F.V. Hayden, United States geologist in charge. .. [Final reports or monographs. vol. I]-III, V-XIII. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1873-90. url p. 287.
- Report on the progress and condition of the U.S. National Museum for the year ending June 30. .. / Smithsonian Institution, United States National Museum. Washington: G.P.O., 1907-1951. url p. 89, p. 89.
- Report on the scientific results of the voyage of H.M.S. Challenger during the years 1873-76: under the command of Captain George S. Nares, R.N., F.R.S. and Captain Frank Turle Thomson, R.N. / prepared under the superintendence of Sir C. Wyville Thomson. Edinburgh: Neill, 1880-1895. url p. 77.
- Report upon United States Geographical Surveys West of the One Hundredth Meridian / Washington [D.C.]: G.P.O., 1875-1889. url p. 110, p. 111.
- Report. New York url p. 192.
- Reports of the Princeton University Expeditions to Patagonia, 1896-1899. J. B. Hatcher in charge. Edited by William B. Scott. Princeton, The University, 1901-32 [v. 1, 1903] url p. 166, p. 167, p. 167.
- Revised list of the vertebrated animals now or lately living in the gardens of the Zoological society of London. 1872. London, Printed for the Society,  url p. 39.
- Revue méthodique et critique des collections déposées dans cet établissement. Leyden, Rijksmuseum van Natuurlijke Historie. url p. 104, p. 87.
- Sanitary entomology; the entomology of disease, hygiene and sanitation, Boston, R. G. Badger url .
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 194.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 171, p. 291.
- Scientific papers and addresses / arr. and edited by William Turner, with a biographical sketch by Edward B. Tylor. Oxford: Clarendon Press1884 url p. 336, p. 810.
- Sea-birds: an introduction to the natural history of the sea-birds of the North Atlantic / by James Fisher and R. M. Lockley. Boston: Houghton, Mifflin, 1954. url p. 313.
- Sex and internal secretions. Contributors: A. Albert [and others] Foreword by George W. Corner. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1961. url p. 1540.
- Smithsonian contributions to knowledge. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1848-1916. url , p. 116.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 141 1961 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url part xv , p. 204, p. 233, p. 289, p. 310.
- Special scientific report--wildlife / U.S. Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service, 1949- url p. 145, p. 151, p. 157, p. 196, p. 23, p. 315, p. 317, p. 327, p. 328, p. 331, p. 333, p. 336, p. 338, p. 341, p. 342, p. 343, p. 351, p. 365, p. 368, p. 371, p. 47, p. 586, p. 60, p. 63, p. 649, p. 665, p. 688.
- Sport and science on the Sino-Mongolian frontier / London: A. Melrose, Ltd., 1918. url .
- Studies in animal life. By George Henry Lewes. New York, Harper, 1860. url p. 91, p. 91.
- Studies in neotropical mammalogy: essays in honor of Philip Hershkovitz / edited by Bruce D. Patterson, Robert M. Timm. 39 1987 Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1987. url p. 500, p. 6.
- Supplement to Chasen (1940) A Handlist of Malaysian Mammals: containing a generic synonymy and a complete index / By J.R. Ellerman & T.C.S. Morrison-Scott. London: BM(NH), 1955. url p. 25.
- Systematic results of the study of North American land mammals to the close of the year 1900, by Gerrit S. Miller, Jr., and James A. G. Rehn. Boston, Society of Natural History, 1901. url p. 197.
- Säugetiere von Timor / Ernst Schwarz. Stuttgart: Im Kommissionsverlag der E. Schweizerbartschen Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1914. url p. 115, p. 124.
- Text-book of zoology; treated from a biological standpoint, by Dr. Otto Schmeil; tr. from the German by Rudolf Rosenstock, M. A.; ed. by J. T. Cunningham, M. A. London, A. and C. Black, 1901. url p. 31.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia and dictionary of rural affairs: embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry / adapted to the comprehension of unscientific readers by Gouverneur Emerson. Philadelphia: Carey and Hart, 1844. url p. 270.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 123, p. 159, p. 282, p. 294, p. 330, p. 333, p. 333, p. 339, p. 339, p. 382, p. 426.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 121, p. 138, p. 203, p. 263, p. 263, p. 266, p. 269, p. 52, p. 70, p. 73, p. 78.
- The British cyclopædia of natural history: combining a scientific classification of animals, plants, and minerals. .. By authors eminent in their particular department. Arranged and ed. by Charles F. Partington. London: Orr & Smith, 1835-37. url p. 738.
- The British nature book; a complete handbook and guide to British nature study, embracing the mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, plants, etc., in the United Kingdom, by S.N. Sedgwick. .. Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, Ltd., 1922. url p. 38.
- The Bulletin of zoological nomenclature. London, International Trust for Zoological Nomenclature. url p. 138, p. 138, p. 140, p. 141, p. 190, p. 217, p. 31, p. 322, p. 323, p. 33, p. 33, p. 34, p. 38, p. 398, p. 6, p. 68, p. 72, p. 77, p. 78.
- The Cambridge natural history, ed. by S.F. Harmer. .. and A.E. Shipley. .. London, Macmillan and co., limited;1895-1909 url p. 399.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 265, p. 421, p. 46, p. 466, p. 515, p. 556, p. 611, p. 96.
- The Canadian naturalist and geologist. Montreal: B. Dawson, 1856-1868. url p. 28.
- The Canadian naturalist and quarterly journal of science: with proceedings of the Natural History Society of Montreal. Montreal: Dawson, 1869-1883. url p. 106.
- The Entomologist's monthly magazine. Oxford [etc.]Entomologist's Monthly Magazine Ltd. [etc.] url p. 90.
- The Entomologist. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., [1877- url p. 256.
- The Gardeners' chronicle. 1841 London: published for the proprietors, 1841-1843. url p. 567.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 831.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 37 1977 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url figs. 5-8, page 133, figs. 9-21, page 134, p. 344, figs. 1-6, page 376.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url p. 127, p. 94, p. 95, p. 96.
- The Journal of experimental zoology. [New York, etc.]Wiley-Liss [etc.] url p. 560, p. 560, p. 564, p. 564.
- The Journal of heredity. Washington, etc., American Genetic Association url p. 398.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url p. 222.
- The Marine Mammal Commission compendium of selected treaties, international agreements, and other relevant documents on marine resources, wildlife, and the environment / compiled by Richard L. Wallace. Washington, D.C.: The Commission; 1994 url p. 691.
- The Mendel journal. London, Published for the Mendel Society by Taylor, Garnett, Evans. url p. 66, p. 69.
- The Natural history of Enewetak Atoll / edited by Dennis M. Devaney. .. [et al.]; prepared by Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Department of Energy. Oak Ridge, Tenn.: U.S. Dept. of Energy, Office of Energy Research, Office of Health and Environmental Research, Ecological Research Division, c1987. url p. 335.
- The Naturalist. 1891 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 254, p. 256, p. 353, p. 63, p. 64, p. 65, p. 68, p. 69, p. 73.
- The Philippine journal of science. Manila: Bureau of Science url p. 24, p. 58.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 423.
- The Popular educator: a complete encyclopaedia of elementary, advanced and technical education. London, Cassell url p. 210.
- The Popular science monthly. New York, Popular Science Pub. Co., etc. url p. 93.
- The Quarterly journal of the Geological Society of London. London [etc.] url , p. 101, p. 107, p. 194, p. 196, p. 198, p. 219, p. 398, p. 399, p. 429, p. 472, p. 472, p. 62, p. 724, p. 779.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 116, p. 49, p. 54.
- The Uganda protectorate; an attempt to give some description of the physical geography, botany, zoology, anthropology, languages and history of the territories under British protection in East Central Africa, between the Cong by Sir Harry Johnston. .. With 506 illustrations from drawings and photographs by the author and others, 48 full-page coloured plates by the author and 9 maps by J.G. Bartholomew and the author. London: Hutchinson & Co., 1902. url p. 364.
- The Vertebrata of the Pliocene deposits of Britain. London, Printed for H.M. Stationery off., by Eyre and Spottiswoode, 1891. url .
- The Victoria history of the county of Kent; ed. by William Page. London, Constable, 1908- url p. 302.
- The adrenals, by Arthur Grollman. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1936. url p. 21, p. 404.
- The age of mammals in Europe, Asia and North America, by Henry Fairfield Osborn. .. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1910. url p. 308, p. 316, p. 414, p. 429.
- The animal kingdom; based upon the writings of the eminent naturalists, Audubon, Wallace, Brehm, Wood and others / edited by Hugh Craig. New York: Johnson & Bailey, 1897. url p. 797.
- The animal parasites of man / H. B. Fantham, J. W. W. Stephens, F. V. Theobald New York: W. Wood, 1920 url p. 385.
- The animal parasites of man; a handbook for students and medical men. By Dr. Max Braun. New York, Wood, 1908. url p. 282.
- The animals of the world: Brehm's Life of animals; a complete natural history for popular home instruction and for the use of schools / by Alfred Edmund Brehm; copiously illustrated. .. by Fr. Specht. .. [et al.] Mammalia. Brought down and especially adapted for the use of English readers. Tr. from the 3d German edition as ed. by Chicago: A.N. Marquis & Co., 1895. url p. 101.
- The balance of nature and modern conditions of cultivation: a practical manual of animal foes and friends for the country gentleman, the farmer, the forester, the gardener, and the sportsman / by George Abbey. London: E.P. Dutton, 1909. url p. 241.
- The book of the cat, by Frances Simpson. With 12 coloured plates, and nearly 350 illustrations in the text from photographs and drawings. 1903 London, Cassell and company, limited, 1903. url figures , p. 297, chapter XXVI.
- The cat: an introduction to the study of backboned animals, especially mammals / by St. George Mivart. London: J. Murray, 1881. url p. 392, p. 4, p. 431.
- The cat; an introduction to the study of backboned animals, especially mammals. London, Murray, 1881. url p. 392.
- The coccidian parasites (Protozoa, Apicomplexa) of carnivores / Urbana: University of Illinois Press, c1981. url p. 101, p. 108, p. 112, p. 116, p. 119, p. 12, p. 120, p. 122, p. 126, p. 127, p. 128, p. 129, p. 132, p. 138, p. 141, p. 143, p. 148, p. 150, p. 152, p. 170, p. 200, p. 22, p. 232, p. 238, p. 45, p. 6, p. 70, p. 97, p. 98.
- The dictionary of science and technical terms used in philosophy, literature, professions, commerce, arts, and trades / by W.M. Buchanan; with supplement edited by James A. Smith. London: G.Bell and Sons, 1884. url p. 205.
- The effects of inanition and malnutrition upon growth and structure, by C. M. Jackson. .. 117 illustrations. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co.[c1925] url p. 69.
- The faculties of birds. London: Charles Knight, . 22, Ludgate Street, 1835. url p. 201, p. 324.
- The farmer's and planter's encyclopaedia of rural affairs; embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, suited to the comprehension of unscientific readers. By Cuthbert W. Johnson. .. With extensive additions adapting the work to the United States. .. By Gouverneur Emerson. .. Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott & Co., 1868. url p. 270.
- The farmer's and the planter's encyclopædia of rural affairs; Philadelphia, Lippincott, Grambo & co., 1851. url p. 270.
- The farmer's encyclopædia, and dictionary of rural affairs; embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry. Adapted to the comprehension of unscientific readers. .. By Cuthbert W. Johnson. .. Adapted to the United States by Gouverneur Emerson. Philadelphia, Carey and Hart, 1844. url p. 270.
- The geographical and geological distribution of animals / New York: D. Appleton, 1901, c1886. url .
- The geographical distribution of mammals. By Andrew Murray. London, Day and Son, limited, 1866. url p. 367, p. 369, p. 376, p. 377, p. 386, p. 389.
- The geology of the London district, being the area included in the four sheets of the special map of London. London, H.M. Stationery Off., 1922. url p. 74.
- The great and small game of India, Burma, & Tibet / by R. Lydecker, with contributions by sportsmen. London: R. Ward, 1900. url p. 320.
- The handy natural history, by Ernest Protheroe, F.Z.S. With 318 illustrations, 136 being in full color. 1910 Boston, R.G. Badger, The Gorham press, 1910. url p. 130.
- The history of creation, or, The development of the earth and its inhabitants by the action of natural causes: a popular exposition of the doctrine of evolution in general, and of that of Darwin, Goethe and Lamarck in particular / from the German of Ernst Haeckel; the translation rev. by E. Ray Lankester. New York: D. Appleton and Company, 1880. url p. 41.
- The keeper's book; a guide to the duties of a gamekeeper. London, T.N. Foulis, 1910. url p. 110.
- The land and sea mammals of Middle America and the West Indies. 4 1904 Chicago: Field Columbian Museum, 1904. url p. 789.
- The life of animals; the mammals, London, The Macmillan Company, 1906. url , .
- The life of vertebrates. New York, Oxford University Press, 1962. url p. 690.
- The mammalian egg. Springfield, Ill., Thomas url p. 182.
- The mammalian fauna of the Edinburgh district: with records of occurrences of the rarer species throughout the south-east of Scotland generally 1892. Edinburgh [Scotland]: M'Farlane & Erskine, 1892. url p. 34, p. 34, p. 34.
- The mammals and life zones of Oregon. By Vernon Bailey. Washington[U.S. Govt. Print. Off.]1936. url p. 265, p. 407.
- The mammals of China and Mongolia / by Glover M. Allen. New York: American Museum of Natural History, 1938-1940. url p. 449, p. 477, p. 478.
- The mammals of Illinois and Wisconsin, by Charles B. Cory. .. 11 1912 Chicago, 1912. url p. 279, p. 279, p. 495, p. 495.
- The mammals of Minnesota. A scientific and popular account of their features and habits, with 23 figures and 8 plates. By C.L. Herrick. Minneapolis: Harrison & Smith, state printers, 1892. url p. 65.
- The mammals of Minnesota: a scientific and popular account of their features and habits, with 23 figures and 8 plates / by C.L. Herrick. Minneapolis: Harrison & Smith, state printers, 1892. url p. 65, p. 72.
- The mammals of South Africa / by W.L. Sclater. .. London: R.H. Porter, 1900-01. url p. 20, p. 44.
- The meaning of evolution / by Samuel Christian Schmucker. New York: Macmillan, 1913. url p. 15.
- The meaning of evolution, by Samuel Christian Schmucker. New York, Macmillan, 1913. url p. 15, p. 15.
- The natural history of Ireland. London: Reeve, Benham and Reeve, 1849-56. url , p. 11, p. 12.
- The natural history of animals (class Mammalia-animals which suckle their young), in word and picture, London, Blackie[188-?] url .
- The natural history of animals: (class Mammalia--animals which suckle their young), in word and picture / by Carl Vogt and Friedrich Specht; translated and edited with additions by George G. Chisholm. London: Blackie & Son, [1889?] url p. 172, p. viii, p. xi.
- The natural history of animals: the animal life of the world in its various aspects and relations, London, The Gresham Publishing Company, 1903-04. url , .
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url .
- The naturalist in La Plata / London: Chapman and Hall, 1895. url .
- The naturalist in La Plata / by W.H. Hudson; illustrations by J. Smit. London: J.M. Dent, 1922. url p. 14.
- The naturalist in La Plata, by W. H. Hudson. .. London, Chapman and Hall, ld., 1892. url p. 14.
- The naturalist in La Plata, by W.H. Hudson. .. Illustrations by J. Smit. New York, E.P. Dutton & Co. url p. 14.
- The naturalist in La Plata. New York, Dutton url .
- The naturalist in Norway: or, Notes on the wild animals, birds, fishes, and plants of that country. .. / by Rev. J. Bowden. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1869. url p. 15.
- The naturalist in Siluria (Herefordshire, Radnorshire, Brecknockshire and Glamorganshire). By Captain Mayne Reid. .. Philadelphia, Gebbie & Co., 1890. url p. 145.
- The naturalist in Siluria. London, S. Sonnenschein, 1889. url .
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url , p. 119, p. 121, p. 127, p. 133.
- The new natural history. New York, Merrill, c1901. url p. 427.
- The ornithology of the Straits of Gibraltar / by L. Howard L. Irby. London: R.H. Porter, 1895. url p. 25.
- The outline of science: a plain story simply told / edited by J. Arthur Thomson. New York: G. P. Putnam's sons, 1922. url p. 696.
- The physical geology and geography of Great Britain: a manual of British geology / London, E. Stanford, 1878. url p. 481, p. 537.
- The pictorial museum of animated nature. .. 1 London: C. Cox, [1844?] url p. 247.
- The principles of applied zoology, by Robert A. Wardle. London, Longmans, Greem, and co., 1929. url p. 258.
- The royal natural history / edited by Richard Lydekker; with preface by P.L. Sclater; illustrated with seventy-two coloured plates and sixteen hundred engravings by W. Kuhnert. .. [et al.]. London: F. Warne, 1893-1896. url p. 422.
- The sequence of plumages and moults of the passerine birds of New York / Jonathan Dwight. New York: New York Academy of Sciences, 1900. url p. 40.
- The shot-gun and sporting rifle: and the dogs, ponies, ferrets, &c., used with them in the various kinds of shooting and trapping. by Stonehenge [pseud.] Illustrated with numerous engravings. London, Roultedge [!] Warne, and Routledge, 1859. url .
- The standard natural history / edited by John Sterling Kingsley. Boston: S.E. Cassino, 1884-85. url p. 457.
- The treasury of natural history; or, A popular dictionary of animated nature: in which the zoological characteristics that distinguish the different classes, genera, and species, are combined with a variety of interesting information illustrative of the habits, instincts, and g By Samuel Maunder. .. London, Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans, 1852. url p. 107.
- The wild beasts of the world / illustrated by Louis Sargent and others. London, Jack, 1909. url , .
- The wild beasts of the world; Edinburgh, T. C. & E. C. Jack,  url .
- The wild cat of Europe (Felis catus.) London, R. H. Porter, 1896. url , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Field Naturalists' and Microscopical Society. [Edinburgh]: The Club, 1891- url p. 184, p. 206.
- Transactions of the Hertfordshire Natural History Society and Field Club. London: Gurney & Jackson, 1879- url p. 239.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London. London: [The Society], 1879- url p. 531.
- Transactions of the San Diego Society of Natural History. 21 1986 [San Diego]: The Society, 1905-1989. url p. 106.
- Transactions of the Zoological Society of London. [London]: Published for the Zoological Society of London by Academic Press url p. 86.
- Variability of mammals = Izmenchivost' mlekopitayushchikh / A. V. Yablokov; rev. by the author for this ed.; scientific editor of translation, L. Van Valen. New Delhi: available from the U. S. Dept of Commerce, National Technical Information Service, 1974. url p. 294.
- Veröffentlichungen der Zoologischen Staatssammlung München. 11 1966 München: Die Staatssammlung, url p. 115, p. 119, p. 15, p. 160, p. 161, p. 204, fig. 48.
- Wild Spain (Espan?a agreste): records of sport with rifle, rod, and gun; natural history and exploration. London, Gurney and Jackson, 1893. url .
- Wild animals in captivity; being an account of the habits, food, management and treatment of the beasts and birds at the "Zoo", with reminiscences and anecdotes, London, Chapman and Hall, Ld., 1899. url , .
- Wild life in the West Highlands / by Charles Henry Alston; with ill. by A. Scott Rankin. Glasgow: J. Maclehose and Sons, 1912. url p. 17.
- Wild life of the world: a descriptive survey of the geographical distribution of animals / London; F. Warne and co., 1916. url p. 43.
- Zoologische Jahrbücher. Abteilung für Anatomie und Ontogenie der Tiere Jena [Germany]:G. Fischer, c -1993. url p. 367, p. 722, p. 743, p. 744.
- Zoologische Jahrbücher. Jena [Germany]: G. Fischer, 1910-1993. url p. 324.
- Zoologist. London.1843-1916 url p. 12, p. 153, p. 163, p. 202, p. 218, p. 2638, p. 269, p. 2721, p. 353, p. 4792, p. 74, p. 9, p. 9431.
- Zoology for medical students. London, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 14.
- [Collected reprints, 1912-1919. s.l., s.n., 19--] url , .
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 31, 2012.