Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Afrikaans:
Common Names in Armenian:
[spitak Pokr Taregh ]
Common Names in Asturian:
Common Names in Azerbaijani:
Common Names in Basque:
Common Names in Breton:
An Herlegon Bihan
Common Names in Catalan:
Common Names in Cornish:
Kerghyth Penvagas Lyha
Common Names in Croatian:
Mala Bijela Caplja
Common Names in Czech:
Volavka St, Volavka Str
Common Names in Danish:
Common Names in Dutch:
Kleine Zilverreiger, Westelijke Rifreiger
Common Names in English:
Common Names in Esperanto:
Common Names in Estonian:
Common Names in Faroese:
Common Names in Finnish:
Common Names in French:
Aigrette Blanche, aigrette garzette
Common Names in Gaelic, Irish:
Corra Gheal Bheag
Common Names in Galician:
Common Names in German:
Common Names in Haitian Creole French:
Ti Krabye Etranje
Common Names in Hebrew:
Common Names in Hindi:
Chinna Vellai Kokku
Common Names in Hungarian:
Common Names in Icelandic:
Common Names in Indonesian:
Bango Putih Kecil
Common Names in Italian:
Garzetta, Garzetta Comune
Common Names in Japanese:
Common Names in Kwangali:
Common Names in Latin:
Ardea garzetta, Egretta garzetta
Common Names in Latvian:
Mazais Baltais Garnis
Common Names in Lithuanian:
Mazasis Baltasis Garnys
Common Names in Malay:
Common Names in Maltese:
Common Names in Mamasa:
Common Names in Northern Sami:
Common Names in Norwegian:
Common Names in Polish:
Common Names in Portuguese:
Common Names in Portuguese (Brazil):
Common Names in Romansh:
Irun Da Saida
Common Names in Russian:
Malaya Belaya Tsaplya, Малая белая цапля, Цапля малая белая
Common Names in Serbian:
Mala Bela Caplja
Common Names in Slovak:
Common Names in Slovenian:
Mala Bela Caplja
Common Names in Sotho, Southern:
Common Names in Spanish:
Garceta Com, Garceta común
Common Names in Spanish (Dominican Republic):
Common Names in Swahili:
Common Names in Swedish:
Common Names in Welsh:
Common Names in Zulu:
Adult : Face : Lores : often yellow Facial Skin : yellow Bill: black Body: white Legs : Leg Color: black.
About 24 inches long, with a wingspan of 36 to 36 inches. Adults weigh about 17.6 ounces .
Typically found in a lake at a mean distance from sea level of 82 meters (270 feet).
Behaviour All populations of this species undergo post-breeding
dispersive movements1. Populations breeding in
are highly migratory3 whereas others
are only sedentary
(such as E. g. dimorpha on Madagascar),
nomadic1 or partially migratory3.
The timing of breeding varies geographically1 although,
in general, European and north Asian populations breed
and summer (March to July) and the breeding of tropical
coincides with periods of high rainfall2. The species
in colonies sometimes of thousands of pairs and often
with other species1. Some populations also breed
solitarily or in small single-species groups of under 100 pairs1.
When not breeding the species commonly feeds
solitarily or in loose
flocks during the day1. Habitat It inhabits
or saline wetlands1 and shows a
preference for shallow waters (10-15 cm deep) in open, unvegetated
sites where water levels and dissolved oxygen
levels fluctuate daily,
tidally or seasonally, and where fish are concentrated in pools
at the water's surface2. Habitats
of shallow lakes
and pools, open swamps
and marshes, flooded meadows, rafts of floating water hyacinth Eichornia
on African lakes2, flood-plains1,
canals, aquaculture ponds2,
saltpans1 and rice fields
(which are especially
important in areas with few remaining natural wetland habitats)2,
3. The species also occupies dry fields, inland savannas
and cattle pastures1 and some populations are almost
entirely coastal, inhabiting rocky or sandy shores
, reefs, estuaries,
, saltmarshes, mangroves
Diet It is a highly opportunistic
taking mainly small fish under 20 g in weight
and less than 10 cm
long1 (averaging 4 cm)2, aquatic
beetles, dragonfly larvae, mole
and crickets)2 and crustaceans1
(e.g. Palaemonetes spp., amphipods
, phylopods, crabs and exotic
species of crayfish)2 as well as amphibians
(snails and bivalves
)2, spiders, worms, reptiles
and small birds1. Breeding site The species
may nest on the ground
in protected sites2 or up
to 20 m
high on rocks, in reedbeds, bushes, trees
It usually nests in single- or mixed-species colonies where nests
may be placed 1-4 m apart (sometimes less than 1 m apart)2.
It may feed up to 7-13 km
away from breeding colonies during the
breeding season1. Management
An artificial island nesting site created in the Camargue, France
succeeded in attracting nesting pairs to the area4.
A study in north-west Italy suggests that existing nesting sites
should be protected and that breeding habitats should be actively
managed in order
to maintain suitable habitat characteristics6.
The creation of a network
of new nesting sites spaced at 4-10 km
in relation to available foraging
habitats in zones currently without
suitable nesting sites is also recommended6.
List of Habitats:
- 1 Forest
- 1.7 Forest - Subtropical/Tropical Mangrove Vegetation Above High Tide Level
- 4 Grassland
- 4.6 Grassland - Subtropical/Tropical Seasonally Wet/Flooded
- 5 Wetlands (inland)
- 5.1 Wetlands (inland) - Permanent Rivers/Streams/Creeks (includes waterfalls )
- 5.5 Wetlands (inland) - Permanent Freshwater Lakes (over 8ha)
- 5.6 Wetlands (inland) - Seasonal/Intermittent Freshwater Lakes (over 8ha)
- 5.8 Wetlands (inland) - Seasonal/Intermittent Freshwater Marshes/Pools (under 8ha)
- 5.14 Wetlands (inland) - Permanent Saline, Brackish or Alkaline Lakes
- 5.15 Wetlands (inland) - Seasonal/Intermittent Saline, Brackish or Alkaline Lakes and Flats
- 9 Marine Neritic
- 9.8 Marine Neritic - Coral Reef
- 9.8.1 Outer Reef Channel
- 9.8.2 Back Slope
- 9.8.3 Foreslope (Outer Reef Slope)
- 9.8.4 Lagoon
- 9.8.5 Inter-Reef Soft Substrate
- 9.8.6 Inter-Reef Rubble Substrate
- 9.10 Marine Neritic - Estuaries
- 12 Marine Intertidal
- 12.2 Marine Intertidal - Sandy Shoreline and/or Beaches, Sand Bars , Spits , Etc
- 12.3 Marine Intertidal - Shingle and/or Pebble Shoreline and/or Beaches
- 12.4 Marine Intertidal - Mud Flats and Salt Flats
- 12.6 Marine Intertidal - Tidepools
- 13 Marine Coastal/Supratidal
- 13.1 Marine Coastal/Supratidal - Sea Cliffs and Rocky Offshore Islands
- 13.4 Marine Coastal/Supratidal - Coastal Brackish/Saline Lagoons/Marine Lakes
- 13.5 Marine Coastal/Supratidal - Coastal Freshwater Lakes
- 15 Artificial/Aquatic & Marine
- 15.2 Artificial/Aquatic - Ponds (below 8ha)
- 15.8 Artificial/Aquatic - Seasonally Flooded Agricultural Land
- 15.9 Artificial/Aquatic - Canals and Drainage Channels , Ditches [more info]
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Bateson, 1885
- Cuvier, 1812
- Jawed Vertebrates
- Goodrich, 1930
- Linnaeus, 1758
- Gauthier, 1986
- (C. Linnaeus, 1758)
- Pycraft, 1900
- Garrod, 1874
- Wagler, 1830
- Superfamily: Ardeoidea () - Vigors, 1825
- Parvorder: Ciconiida ()
- Infraorder: Ciconiides () -
- Suborder: Ciconii () -
- Order: Ardeiformes () - Wagler, 1830
- Superorder: Ciconiimorphae () - Garrod, 1874
- Cohort: Neognathae () - Pycraft, 1900
- Infraclass: Aves () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758)
- Subclass: Avialae () - Gauthier, 1986
- Class: Aves () - Linnaeus, 1758
- Superclass: Tetrapoda () - Goodrich, 1930
- Infraphylum: Gnathostomata () - auct. - Jawed Vertebrates
- Subphylum: Vertebrata () - Cuvier, 1812 - Vertebrates
- Phylum: Chordata () - Bateson, 1885 - Chordates
- Infrakingdom: Chordonia () - (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Deuterostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Egretta garzetta (Linnaeus, 1766)
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 17-Oct-2001
Snowy Egret, Great Egret
Members of the genus Egretta
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 30 species and subspecies in this genus:
E. alba (Great White Egret) · E. ardesiaca (Black Egret) · E. caerulea (Little Blue Heron) · E. caerulea caerulea (Little Blue Heron) · E. dimorpha (Madagascar Heron) · E. eulophotes (Swinhoe's Egret) · E. garzetta (Little Egret) · E. garzetta garzetta (Little Egret) · E. garzetta nigripes (Little Egret) · E. gularis (Western Reef Egret) · E. gularis gularis (African Reef Heron) · E. ibis (Cattle Egret) · E. ibis ibis (Cattle Egret) · E. intermedia (Yellow-Billed Egret) · E. intermedia intermedia (Yellow-Billed Egret) · E. novaehollandiae (White-Faced Egret) · E. novaehollandiae novaehollandiae (White-Faced Heron) · E. picata (Pied Heron) · (Dickey's Egret) · E. rufescens dickeyi (Dickey's Egret) · E. rufescens rufescens (Dickey's Egret) · E. sacra (Eastern Reef Egret) · E. sacra sacra (Eastern Reef Egret) · E. thula (Little White Egret) · E. thula brewsteri (Snowy Egret) · E. thula thula (Snowy Egret) · E. tricolor (Tricoloured Heron) · E. tricolor ruficollis (Louisiana Heron) · E. tricolor tricolor (Tricoloured Heron) · E. vinaceigula (Brown-Throaded Heron)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A Directory of Neotropical Wetlands. IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 618, p. 671.
- A List of British birds / London: British Ornithologists' Union, 1915. url , , , .
- A List of British birds / London: John Van Voorst, 1883. url , .
- A hand-list of British birds, with an account of the distribution of each species in the British Isles and abroad. By Ernst Hartert, F. C. R. Jourdain, N. F. Ticehurst and H. F. Withersby. London, Witherby, 1912. url p. 124.
- A history of British birds, London, Pub. for the author by R. H. Porter [etc.]1883-85. url .
- A history of British birds, indigenous and migratory: including their organization, habits, and relation; remarks on classification and nomenclature; an account of the principal organs of birds, and observations relative to practical ornithology. .. By William Macgillivray. London, Printed for Scott, Webster and Geary, 1837-52. url p. 471, p. 472.
- A history of British birds, with coloured illustrations of their eggs. By Henry Seebohm. London, Pub. for the author by R. H. Porter [etc.]1883-85. url p. 481.
- A history of the birds of Europe: including all the species inhabiting the western palaearctic region / London: Published by the Author, 1871-1881. url p. 239.
- A key to the birds of the lower Yangtse Valley, with popular descriptions of the species commonly seen. By N. Gist Gee. .. and Lacy I. Moffett. Shanghai, Shanghai Mercury Limited, Print., 1917. url p. 22.
- A list of British birds / compiled by a committee of the British Ornithologists' Union. London: J. van Voorst, 1883. url p. 108, p. 215.
- A list of British birds, comp. by a committee of the British ornithologists' union. London: British ornithologists' union, 1915. url p. 193, p. 386.
- A list of the birds of Australia: containing the names and synonyms connected with each genus, species, and subspecies of birds found in Australia, at present known to the author / London: Witherby, 1913. url p. 383, p. 81.
- A list of the genera of birds: with their synonyma an indication of the typical species of each genus / compiled from various sources by George Robert Gray. [London]: R. and J.E. Taylor, 1840. url p. 66.
- A manual of Philippine birds / by Richard C. McGregor. Manila: Bureau of Printing, 1909. url p. 167, p. 167, p. 728, p. 728.
- A manual of Philippine birds, by Richard C. McGregor. .. Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1909. url p. 167, p. 728.
- A naturalist on Lake Victoria: with an account of sleeping sickness and the tse-tse fly / by G.D. Hale Carpenter. .. with 2 coloured plates, a map, charts, and 87 illustrations. New York: E. P. Dutton, c1920. url p. 158.
- A naturalist on lake Victoria, with an account of sleeping sickness and the tse-tse fly, by G.D. Hale Carpenter. .. with 2 coloured plates, a map, charts, and 87 illustrations. London, T.F. Unwin ltd. url p. 158.
- A popular history of British birds' eggs / by Richard Laishley. London: L. Reeve, 1858. url p. 163, p. 303.
- A synoptical catalogue of British birds; intended to identify the species mentioned by different names in several catalogues already extant. Forming a book of reference to Observations on British ornithology. By Thomas Forster. London, Printed by and for Nichols, son, and Bentley, 1817. url p. 59.
- An atlas of the chromosome numbers in animals. Ames, Iowa State College Press url p. 251.
- An environmental profile of the Black Sea Coast WCMC url p. 26, p. 28, p. 31, p. 32, p. 34, p. 36, p. 49, p. 54.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 156, p. 156, p. 181, p. 181, p. 212, p. 212, p. 90, p. 90.
- Anatomical and zoological researches: comprising an account of the zoological results of the two expeditions to western Yunnan in 1868 and 1875; and a monograph of the two cetacean genera, Platanista 1 1878 London, B. Quaritch, 1878. url p. 688.
- Austral avian record; a scientific journal devoted primarily to the study of the Australian avifauna. London: Witherby. url p. 186, p. 194, p. 81.
- Biosphere Reserves, Compilation 4, October 1986: programme on man and the biosphere (MAB) IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 205, p. 209, p. 319, p. 326, p. 411, p. 72.
- Boletim da Sociedade Portuguesa de Cie?ncias Naturais. Lisboa, Sociedade Portuguesa de Cie?ncias Naturais, 1908- url p. 183.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 19, p. 24, p. 30, p. 38, p. 506, p. 550, p. 554, p. 589, p. 7.
- Bulletin / Peabody Museum of Natural History. 1972 New Haven: Peabody Museum of Natural History, url p. 79, fig. 8.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: BM(NH) url p. 207.
- Camallanata of animals and man and diseases caused by them = Kamallanaty zhivotnykh i cheloveka i vyzyvaemye ime zabolevaniya / V. M. Ivashkin, A. A. Sobolev, and L. A. Khromova; translated from Russian [by Hilary Hardin]. Jerusalem: Israel Program for Scientific Translations, 1977. url p. 253, p. 254, p. 258, p. 259.
- Catalogue of British Birds in the Collection of the British Museum / by G.R. Gray. London, 1863. url p. 147.
- Catalogue of British birds in the collection of the British Museum. London, Printed by order of the trustees, 1863. url .
- Check-list of North American birds. [Ithaca, N.Y.]1957. url p. 49, p. 669.
- Check-list of North American birds: the species of birds of North America from the Arctic through Panama, including the West Indies and Hawaiian Islands / prepared by the Committee on Classification and Nomenclature of the American Orni Lawrence, Kan.: American Ornithologists' Union, 1983. url p. 48, p. 800.
- Check-list of birds of the world. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1931-1987. url p. 212, p. 213.
- Check-list of the species of fishes known from the Philippine Archipelago, Manila, Bureau of printing, 1910. url p. 165, p. 219, p. 728.
- Checklist of CITES Species CITES, WCMC url p. 143, p. 154, p. 173, p. 78, p. 96.
- Checklist of CITES Species: a reference to the appendices to the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora CITES url p. 118, p. 58.
- Checklist of birds listed in the CITES appendices and in EC Regulation 338/97 JNCC url p. 245, p. 283.
- Coastal Sensitivity Overview of the Strait of Malacca. Compiled for International Maritime Organisation (IMO) IMO url .
- Condition and doings of the Boston Society of Natural History as exhibited by the annual reports. Boston url p. 23.
- Directory of Wetlands of International Importance. IUCN url p. 202, p. 258, p. 260, p. 263, p. 264, p. 266, p. 268, p. 270, p. 272, p. 273, p. 275, p. 279, p. 282, p. 285, p. 286, p. 288, p. 362, p. 363, p. 366, p. 373, p. 375, p. 376, p. 383, p. 388, p. 389, p. 390, p. 395, p. 396, p. 397, p. 398, p. 45, p. 508, p. 512, p. 525, p. 529, p. 556, p. 558, p. 562, p. 563, p. 567, p. 569, p. 631, p. 633, p. 638, p. 73, p. 750, p. 755, p. 765.
- Exposure of marine birds to environmental pollutants / by Harry M. Ohlendorf, Robert W. Risebrough, Kees Vermeer. Washington: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service, 1978. url .
- Fifty common birds of China, n.p., 192-? url .
- IUCN Directory of Afrotropical Protected Areas IUCN, UNEP url p. 1018, p. 193, p. 534.
- IUCN Directory of South Asian Protected Areas IUCN url p. 124, p. 15, p. 204, p. 223, p. 257, p. 285.
- Ibis. [London]Published for the British Ornithologists' Union by Academic Press. url p. 113, p. 15, p. 220, p. 221, p. 224, p. 27, p. 27, p. 297, p. 341, p. 37, p. 391, p. 478, p. 495, p. 499, p. 500, p. 531, p. 545, p. 707, p. 750.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 21 2001 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 139, p. 47, p. 48.
- List of the specimens of the British animals in the collection of the British museum. London: Printed by order of the Trustees, 1845-55. url p. 88.
- List of vertebrated animals living in the gardens of the Zoological Society of London. .. London, Printed for the Society, 1866. url p. 163.
- Memoirs of the Museum of Comparative Zoölogy, at Harvard College, Cambridge, Mass. 12 1884 Cambridge [Mass.]: The Museum, 1876-1940. url p. 28, p. 28.
- Nature Reserves of the Himalaya and the Mountains of Central Asia IUCN url p. 211, p. 464.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url p. 239, p. 311, p. 410.
- Proceedings of the Royal Zoological Society of New South Wales. Mosman, New South Wales [etc.]The Society. url p. 25, p. 8.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 115, p. 12, p. 29, p. 487.
- Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London. London: Academic Press, [etc.], 1833-1965. url p. 451.
- Protected Landscapes: experience around the world. Prepared for the International Symposium on Protected Landscapes, Grange-over-Sands, England 5-10 October 1987 IUCN url p. 126, p. 90.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 107 1948 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 27.
- Special scientific report--wildlife / U.S. Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service, 1949- url p. 11, p. 149, p. 331, p. 333, p. 334, p. 587, p. 61, p. 626, p. 649, p. 89, p. 96.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 7.
- The British bird book: an account of all the birds, nests and eggs found in the British Isles / ed. by F.B. Kirkman. Illustrated by two hundred drawings and numerous photographs. London: T.C. & E.C. Jack, 1910-13. url p. 334, p. 548.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 392, p. 592, p. 739.
- The Emu: official organ of the Australasian Ornithologists' Union. Melbourne: Royal Australasian Ornithologists Union, 1901- url p. 107, p. 162, p. 212, p. 71.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url p. 179.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url p. 659, p. 732.
- The Marine Mammal Commission compendium of selected treaties, international agreements, and other relevant documents on marine resources, wildlife, and the environment / compiled by Richard L. Wallace. Washington, D.C.: The Commission; 1994 url p. 644, p. 688.
- The Philippine journal of science. Manila: Bureau of Science url p. 107, p. 219, p. 272, p. 282, p. 299, p. 302, p. 321, p. 343, p. 428, p. 455, p. 700.
- The birds of Britain: their distribution and habits / Cambridge [England]: Cambridge University Press, 1916. url , .
- The birds of Celebes and the neighbouring islands / A.B. Meyer and L.W. Wiglesworth. Berlin: R. Friedländer, 1898. url p. 826, p. 932.
- The birds of the British Isles and their eggs. by T.A. Coward; with 213 accurately coloured illustrations by Archibald Thorburn and others, reproduced from Lord Lilford's work Coloured figures of the birds of the British Islands, and 69 photograp London; F. Warne, 1920. url p. 89.
- The natural history of the USSR / Algirdas Knystautas; foreword by Vladimir Flint; [translation, John S. Scott]. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1987. url p. 203.
- The naturalist's library. Conducted by Sir William Jardine. Edinburgh, W. H. Lizars; [etc., etc.]1833- url , p. 133.
- The ornithological guide. .. London: Whittaker,  url p. 201.
- The water birds of North America by S.F. Baird, T. M. Brewer, and R. Ridgway. Boston: Little, Brown, 1884. url .
- University of Kansas publications, Museum of Natural History. 17 1966 Lawrence, University of Kansas. url p. 391, p. 86.
- World Atlas of Seagrasses UNEP-WCMC url p. 158.
- World Checklist of Threatened Birds Joint Nature Conservation Committee url p. 249.
- BirdLife International 2009. Egretta garzetta. In: IUCN 2011. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. <www.iucnredlist.org>. Downloadedon 31January2012.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 9, 2012.
- IUCN 2012. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. . Downloaded on January 28, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 26, 2007:
- Australian Antarctic Data Centre, Seabirds of the Southern and South Indian Ocean
- Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum, Bishop Museum Natural History Specimen Data
- Biologiezentrum der Oberoesterreichischen Landesmuseen, Biologiezentrum Linz
- Canadian Biodiversity Information Facility, Provincial Museum of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada. Birds
- European Environment Agency, EUNIS
- GBIF-Spain, Museu de Ciències Naturals, Zoologia, Barcelona: MCNC-Cord
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University, Bay of Fundy Species List
- Provider, Online Zoological Collections of Australian Museums
- Senckenberg, Collection Aves
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility, Western Palearctic migrants in continental Africa
- University of Michigan Museum of Zoology
- , Bird specimens
- Upper Silesian Museum, Bytom, Upper Silesian Museum, Bird Observations
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 8819
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-174816
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 3027485
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 174816
- IUCN ID: 206610
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 179879
- Standard Deviation = 468.610 based on 2,685 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]
- BirdLife International 2009. Egretta garzetta. In: IUCN 2011. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. <www.iucnredlist.org>. Downloaded on 31 January 2012. [back]