Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
molly, Mollymauk, mollymawk, pink-footed albatross, Yellow-nosed Albatross
Common Names in French:
Albatros , Albatros à nez jaune
Common Names in German:
Common Names in Japanese:
Common Names in Spanish:
Adult : Head : Crown: white Face : Cheeks: pale gray Eyebrow Line : dark Eye Stripe: dark Bill: black with reddish-orange tip Culmen: yellow Neck: Nape: pale gray Body: Back: grayish-brown Legs : Foot Color: pink Wings : Undersides: black edges Tail: blackish.Immature: Head: Crown: white Face: Cheeks: pale gray Eyebrow Line: dark Eye Stripe: dark Bill: black Neck: Nape: pale gray Body: Back: grayish-brown Legs: Foot Color: pink Wings: Undersides: black edges Tail: blackish.
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Bateson, 1885
- Cuvier, 1812
- Jawed Vertebrates
- Goodrich, 1930
- Linnaeus, 1758
- Gauthier, 1986
- (C. Linnaeus, 1758)
- Pycraft, 1900
- Fürbringer, 1888
- Order: Procellariiformes () - (Fürbringer, 1888)
- Superorder: Procellariimorphae () - Fürbringer, 1888
- Cohort: Neognathae () - Pycraft, 1900
- Infraclass: Aves () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758)
- Subclass: Avialae () - Gauthier, 1986
- Class: Aves () - Linnaeus, 1758
- Superclass: Tetrapoda () - Goodrich, 1930
- Infraphylum: Gnathostomata () - auct. - Jawed Vertebrates
- Subphylum: Vertebrata () - Cuvier, 1812 - Vertebrates
- Phylum: Chordata () - Bateson, 1885 - Chordates
- Infrakingdom: Chordonia () - (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Deuterostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Name Status: Accepted Name . Latest taxonomic scrutiny: 24-Jun-1996
Members of the genus Diomedea
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 24 species and subspecies in this genus:
D. albatrus (Short-Tailed Albatross) · D. amsterdamensis (Amsterdam Island Albatross) · D. antipodensis (Antipodean Albatross) · D. bulleri (Buller's Albatross) · D. bulleri bulleri (Buller's Albatross) · D. cauta (White-Capped Albatross) · D. cauta cauta (Shy Albatross) · D. cauta salvini (Shy Albatross) · D. chlororhynchos (Yellow-Nosed Albatross) · D. chrysostoma (Flat-Billed Albatross) · D. dabbenena (Tristan Albatross) · D. epomophora (Northern Royal Albatross) · D. epomophora epomophora (Southern Royal Albatross) · D. exulans (Cape Wandering Albatross) · D. exulans exulans (Wandering Albatross) · D. gibsoni (Gibson's Albatross) · D. immutabilis (White Gooney Bird) · D. irrorata (Galapagos Albatross) · D. melanophris (Black-Browed Albatross) · D. melanophris impavida (Black-Browed Albatross) · D. melanophris melanophris (Black-Browed Albatross) · D. nigripes (Hawaiian Black-Footed Albatross) · D. palpebrata (Light-Mantled Albatross) · D. sanfordi (Northern Royal Albatross)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A List of birds' eggs in the collection of Mr. William Stoate, Wembdon, Bridgewater. [188-?] url p. 102.
- A history of the birds of Europe: including all the species inhabiting the western palaearctic region / London: Published by the Author, 1871-1881. url p. 425.
- A history of the birds of New Zealand / London: John van Voorst, 1873 url , p. 295.
- A manual of the birds of Australia, by Gregory M. Mathews. .. and Tom Iredale. .. Illustrated with coloured and monochrome plates by Lilian Medland. Vol. I. Orders Casuarii to Columbæ. London, H.F. & G. Witherby, 1921. url p. 52.
- An ecological characterization of Coastal Maine (north and east of Cape Elizabeth) / Stewart I. Fefer and Patricia S. Schettig: principal investigators. Newton Corner, Mass.: Department of the Interior, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Northeast Region, 1980. url .
- Catalogue of birds of the Americas and the adjacent islands in Field Museum of Natural History. Charles E. Hellmayr, Boardman Conover. 13 1948 Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1948. url p. 41, p. 47.
- Check-list of North American birds / prepared by a committee of the American ornithologists' union. Lancaster, Pa.: The Union, 1931. url p. 6.
- Check-list of North American birds. [Ithaca, N.Y.]1957. url p. 10.
- Check-list of North American birds: the species of birds of North America from the Arctic through Panama, including the West Indies and Hawaiian Islands / prepared by the Committee on Classification and Nomenclature of the American Orni Lawrence, Kan.: American Ornithologists' Union, 1983. url p. 11, p. 13, p. 799.
- Check-list of birds of the world. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1931-1987. url p. 41, p. 44, p. 56.
- FWS/0BS. [Washington]Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. of the Interior. url p. 24.
- Handbook to The birds of Australia. By John Gould. LondonPub. by the author, 1865. url p. 437, p. 437, p. 437.
- Ibis. [London]Published for the British Ornithologists' Union by Academic Press. url p. 240, p. 675.
- Journal kept by David Douglas during his travels in North America 1823-1827, together with a particular description of thirty-three species of American oaks and eighteen species of Pinus, with appendices containing a list of the plants introduced by Douglas and an account of h London, W. Wesley & Son, 1914. url , p. 53.
- Life histories of North American petrels and pelicans and their allies; order Tubinares and order Steganopodes, by Arthur Cleveland Bent. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1922. url p. 17.
- Memoirs of the Museum of Comparative Zoölogy, at Harvard College, Cambridge, Mass. Cambridge [Mass.]: The Museum, 1876-1940. url p. 360.
- Oceanic birds of South America: a study of species of the related coasts and seas, including the American quadrant of Antarctica, based upon the Brewster-Sanford collection in the American Museum of Natural History / by Robert Cushman Murphy; illustrated from paintings by Francis L. Jaques; photographs, maps, and other drawings. I 1936 New York: Macmillan Co.: c1936. url p. 213, p. 490, p. 493, p. 516, p. 518, fig. 52, p. 520, p. 525, p. 575, p. 74, p. xi.
- Ornithological biography, or an account of the habits of the birds of the United States of America; accompanied by descriptions of the objects represented in the work entitled The Birds of America, and interspersed with delineations of American scenery and manners / Edinburgh: Adam Black, 1831-1839. url p. 329.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 183.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 6, p. 606, p. 8.
- Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London. London: Academic Press, [etc.], 1833-1965. url p. 154.
- Report on the scientific results of the voyage of H.M.S. Challenger during the years 1873-76: under the command of Captain George S. Nares, R.N., F.R.S. and Captain Frank Turle Thomson, R.N. / prepared under the superintendence of Sir C. Wyville Thomson. Edinburgh: Neill, 1880-1895. url p. 149.
- Reports of explorations and surveys, to ascertain the most practicable and economical route for a railroad from the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean. Washington, A. O. P. Nicholson, printer [etc.]1855-60. url .
- Sea-birds: an introduction to the natural history of the sea-birds of the North Atlantic / by James Fisher and R. M. Lockley. Boston: Houghton, Mifflin, 1954. url p. 296, p. 314.
- Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary final environmental impact statement/management plan / Sanctuaries and Reserves Division. Washington, D.C.: The Division,  url p. 31.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 5.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 361.
- The Galathea Deep Sea Expedition, 1950-1952, described by members of the expedition / edited by Anton F. Bruun. .. [et al.], translated from the Danish by Reginald Spink. New York, : Macmillan,  url p. 228.
- The birds of southeastern Madagascar / Steven M. Goodman. .. [et al.]. 87 1997 [Chicago, Ill.]: Field Museum of Natural History, c1997. url p. 23.
- The water birds of North America. By S. F. Baird, T. M. Brewer and R. Ridgway. Issued in continuation of the publications of the Geological survey of California. J. D. Whitney, state geologist. Boston, Little, Brown, and Company, 1884. url p. 360.
- Transactions of the San Diego Society of Natural History. 19 1977 [San Diego]: The Society, 1905-1989. url p. 14, fig. 12, page 15, p. 3, fig. 3, page 5.
- Wilson's American ornithology, with notes by Jardine. To which is added a synopsis of American birds, including those described by Bonaparte, Audubon, Nuttall, and Richardson, by T.M. Brewer. New York, T.L. Magagnos, 1854. url .
- Wilson's American ornithology: with notes by Jardine; to which is added a synopsis of American birds, including those described by Bonaparte, Audubon, Nuttall, and Richardson / by T.M. Brewer. 1840 Boston: Otis, Broaders, and Co., 1840. url p. 740.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed March 04, 2008. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 3 providers.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal March 04, 2008:
- GBIF-Sweden: Birds of the Gothenburg Natural History Museum
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: SEAMAP - marine mammals, birds and turtles
- OZCAM (Online Zoological Collections of Australian Museums) Provider: Online Zoological Collections of Australian Museums
- University of Michigan Museum of Zoology (UMMZ): Bird specimens