Common Names in English:
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (C. Linnaeus, 1758) Cuvier, 1795
- Cuvier, 1795
- Snails and Slugs
- Ponder & Lindberg, 1996
- Cox, 1960
- Ponder & Lindberg, 1997
- Ponder & Lindberg, 1997
- Infraorder: Littorinimorpha () - Golikov & Starobogatov, 1975
- Suborder: Hypsogastropoda () - Ponder & Lindberg, 1997
- Order: Sorbeoconcha () - Ponder & Lindberg, 1997
- Superorder: Caenogastropoda () - Cox, 1960
- Subclass: Orthogastropoda () - Ponder & Lindberg, 1996
- Class: Gastropoda () - Cuvier, 1795 - Snails and Slugs
- Phylum: Mollusca () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758) Cuvier, 1795 - Molluscs
- Superphylum: Eutrochozoa ()
- Infrakingdom: Lophotrochozoa ()
- Branch: Protostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Crepidula cerithicola C. B. Adams • Crepidula lirata Reeve • Crepidula onyx G. B. Sowerby I
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 17-Oct-2001
Members of the genus Crepidula
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 13 species and subspecies in this genus:
C. aculeata (Spiny Slippersnail) · C. adunca (Hooked Slippersnail) · C. convexa (Convex Slippersnail) · C. fornicata (Common Atlantic Slippersnail) · C. grandis (Great Slippersnail) · C. maculosa (Spotted Slippersnail) · C. naticarum (Cheeky Slippersnail) · C. nummaria (Western White Slippersnail) · C. onyx (Onyx Slippersnail) · C. perforans (White Slippersnail) · C. plana (Eastern White Slippersnail) · C. striolata (Ridged Slippersnail) · C. unguiformis (European White Slipper-Shell)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A catalog of recent Mollusca from all parts of the world. St. Petersburg, Fa: W.F. Webb, 19--. url p. 147, p. 47.
- A catalogue of the shells, arranged according to the Lamarckian system: with their authorities, synonymes, and references to works where figured or described: together with a supplement containing additional species, corrections, and alterations / contained in the collection of John C. Jay. New York: Craighead, 1852. url p. 107.
- Allan Hancock Pacific expeditions. [Reports] Los Angeles, University of Southern California Press. url p. 413.
- American seashells. With illus. by Frederick M. Bayer. New York, Van Nostrand url p. 171.
- Annual report - Western Society of Malacologists. Pomona, Calif., Western Society of Malacologists. url page 29, table 1 , page 32, table 2 , p. 14, p. 17, p. 28.
- Annual report of the Laguna Marine Laboratory / Pomona College. Claremont, Calif.: Dept. of Biology, Pomona College, 1912- url p. 109.
- Annual report of the regents of the university of the state of New York on the condition of the State Cabinet of Natural History and the historical and antiquarian collection annexed thereto. Albany, Regents of the University of the State of New York. url p. 32.
- Bermuda: its history, geology, climate, products, agriculture, commerce, and government, from the earliest period to the present time; with hints to invalids. London, Smith, Elder and co., 1860. url , .
- Bibliography of North American conchology previous to the year 1860: prepared for the Smithsonian Institution / by W. G. Binney. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1863-1864. url p. 203, p. 312, p. 467.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 162.
- Bulletin of the Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard College. Cambridge, Mass.: The Museum, 1863- url p. 436, p. 436.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences. Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1902-1971. url p. 106, p. 109, p. 113, p. 116, p. 124, p. 149, p. 65.
- Bulletins of American paleontology. Ithaca, N.Y., Paleontological Research Institution [etc.] url , p. 163, p. 172.
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 9.
- Catalogue of the collection of Mazatlan shells in the British Museum, collected by Frederick Reigen / described by Philip P. Carpenter. London: Printed by order of the Trustees, 1857. url p. 272, p. 276, p. 281, p. 292.
- Check lists of the shells of North America Prepared for the Smithsonian institution, by Isaac Lea, P. P. Carpenter, Wm. Stimpson, W. G. Binney, and Temple Prime Washington, Smithsonian institution1860 url p. 7.
- Conchologia iconica, or, Illustrations of the shells of molluscous animals / by Lovell Augustus Reeve. London: Reeve, Brothers, 1843-1878. url p. 128.
- Conchologia systematica, or Complete system of conchology: in which the Lepades and conchiferous Mollusca are described and classified according to their natural organization and habits. By Lovell Reeve. .. In two volumes. London, Longman, Brown, Green and Longmans;1841-1842. url p. 29.
- Contributions to biology from the Hopkins Seaside Laboratory of the Leland Stanford Jr. University. Stanford University, Calif.: The University, 1895-1904. url p. 19, p. 31, p. 310, p. 311, p. 40.
- Essays in the natural sciences in honor of Captain Allan Hancock, on occasion of his birthday, July 26, 1955. Los AngelesUniversity of Southern California Press url p. 115, p. 139.
- Fauna of the San Pablo group of middle California. BerkeleyUniversity of California Press1915 url , .
- Manual of conchology, structural and systematic: with illustrations of the species / by George W. Tryon, Jr. Philadelphia: Published by the Author, Academy of Natural Sciences, 1879-1898. url p. 140, p. 141, p. 141, p. 147, p. 147, p. 147, p. 152, p. 152, p. 152, p. 432, p. 432, p. 432.
- Memoirs of the California Academy of Sciences. San Francisco: The Academy, 1868- url p. 19, p. 19, p. 22, p. 22, p. 24, p. 24, p. 28, p. 28, p. 31, p. 31, p. 310, p. 310, p. 311, p. 311, p. 40, p. 40, p. 61.
- Memoirs of the San Diego Society of Natural History. 2 1944 San Diego, Calif.: The Society, 1931-1989. url p. 69, p. 790, explanation of plate 32, page 954.
- Molluscan world, San Diego, Calif., 1915. url , p. 161, p. 32, p. 95.
- Mollusks of the tropical eastern Pacific: particularly from the southern half of the Panamic-Pacific faunal province (Panama to Peru); Panamic-Pacific Pelecypoda / by Axel A. Olsson. Ithaca, N.Y.: Paleontological Research Institution, 1961. url p. 39.
- Occasional papers - San Diego Society of Natural History. 1954 San Diego, The Society. url p. 22, p. 28.
- Occasional papers on mollusks. Cambridge, Mass.: Dept. of Mollusks, Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard University, 1945- url p. 37.
- Proceedings - California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 175, p. 182, p. 565.
- Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society held at Philadelphia for promoting useful knowledge. Philadelphia: American Philosophical Society url p. 593.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 175, p. 182, p. 193, p. 198, p. 448, p. 518, p. 574.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url p. 445.
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of Victoria. Melbourne: The Society, 1889- url p. 201.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 174, p. 18, p. 194, p. 203, p. 234, p. 283, p. 293.
- Proceedings of the Washington Academy of Sciences. Washington, Washington Academy of Sciences. url .
- Report on the scientific results of the voyage of H.M.S. Challenger during the years 1873-76: under the command of Captain George S. Nares, R.N., F.R.S. and Captain Frank Turle Thomson, R.N. / prepared under the superintendence of Sir C. Wyville Thomson. Edinburgh: Neill, 1880-1895. url p. 458, p. 460, p. 699.
- Revue méthodique et critique des collections déposées dans cet établissement. Leyden, Rijksmuseum van Natuurlijke Historie. url p. 367.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 10 1873 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 152, p. 196, p. 37, p. 467, p. 52, p. 7.
- The Biological bulletin. Woods Hole, Mass.: Marine Biological Laboratory, url p. 115, p. 276, p. 277, p. 280, p. 518.
- The Mollusca and the Brachiopoda. Cambridge, Harvard College, Museum of Comparative Zoology]1908. url p. 174, p. 234, p. 293, p. 436.
- The Nautilus. Melbourne, Fla., etc., American Malacologists, inc., etc. url , p. 106, p. 108, p. 111, p. 124, p. 125, p. 125, p. 130, p. 130, p. 135, p. 140, p. 143, p. 143, p. 20, p. 43, p. 43, p. 65, p. 65, p. 81, p. 90.
- The Tertiary and Quaternary Pectens of California / Ralph Arnold. Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1906. url p. 35.
- The inorganic constituents of marine invertebrates / by Frank Wigglesworth Clarke and Walter Calhoun Wheeler. Washington: U. S Gov't. Print. Off., 1922. url p. 39.
- The mollusks of western North America embracing the second report made to the British Association on this subject, with other papers, reprinted by permission, with a general index / by Philip P. Carpenter. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1872. url p. 152, p. 196.
- The shell book: a popular guide to a knowledge of the families of living mollusks, and an aid to the identification of shells native and foreign / by Julia Ellen Rogers; eight plates in colour, and ninety-six in black-and-white mostly from photographs by A.R. Dugmore. New York: Doubleday, Page, 1908. url .
- The treasury of natural history; or, A popular dictionary of animated nature: in which the zoological characteristics that distinguish the different classes, genera, and species, are combined with a variety of interesting information illustrative of the habits, instincts, and g By Samuel Maunder. .. London, Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans, 1852. url p. 157.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Royal Society of South Australia (Incorporated). Adelaide: W.C. Rigby, 1912-1937. url p. 207.
- Transactions of the San Diego Society of Natural History. 14 1966 [San Diego]: The Society, 1905-1989. url p. 112, p. 179, p. 200, p. 220, p. 238, p. 240, p. 300, p. 340, p. 344, p. 351, p. 399, p. 439, p. 467.
- Type specimens of marine mollusca described by P. P. Carpenter from the west coast (San Diego to British Columbia) [New York, Geological Society of America]1958. url p. 201, p. 339.
- West coast shells. A description of the principal marine mollusks living on the west coast of the United States, and of the land shells of the adjacent region, by Josiah Keep. .. Also a chapter on the fresh water mollusks of the Pacific slope, by Harold Hannibal. .. San Francisco, The Whitaker & Ray-Wiggin Company, 1911. url p. 208.
- Zoogeography and ecology of some macro-invertebrates, particularly mollusks, in the Gulf of California and the continental slope off Mexico. [n.p.] url p. 173, p. 174.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal February 02, 2008:
- Academy of Natural Sciences, Academy of Natural Sciences Malacology Database
- Academy of Natural Sciences, Academy of Natural Sciences OBIS Mollusc Database [Darwin Core]
- Berkeley Natural History Museums, University of California Museum of Paleontology DiGIR provider
- Gyeryonsan Natural History Museum, Gyeryonsan Natural History Museum Shellfish
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University, Academy of Natural Sciences OBIS Mollusc Database
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University, EPA'S EMAP Database
- Instituto Nacional de Biodiversidad
- , Biodiversidad de Costa Rica
- Marine Science Institute, UCSB, Paleobiology Database
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Invertebrates