Common Names in English:
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (C. Linnaeus, 1758) Cuvier, 1795
- Cuvier, 1795
- Snails and Slugs
- Ponder & Lindberg, 1996
- Cox, 1960
- Ponder & Lindberg, 1997
- Ponder & Lindberg, 1997
- Infraorder: Littorinimorpha () - Golikov & Starobogatov, 1975
- Suborder: Hypsogastropoda () - Ponder & Lindberg, 1997
- Order: Sorbeoconcha () - Ponder & Lindberg, 1997
- Superorder: Caenogastropoda () - Cox, 1960
- Subclass: Orthogastropoda () - Ponder & Lindberg, 1996
- Class: Gastropoda () - Cuvier, 1795 - Snails and Slugs
- Phylum: Mollusca () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758) Cuvier, 1795 - Molluscs
- Superphylum: Eutrochozoa ()
- Branch: Protostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 17-Oct-2001
Members of the genus Crepidula
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 13 species and subspecies in this genus:
C. aculeata (Spiny Slippersnail) · C. adunca (Hooked Slippersnail) · C. convexa (Convex Slippersnail) · C. fornicata (Common Atlantic Slippersnail) · C. grandis (Great Slippersnail) · C. maculosa (Spotted Slippersnail) · C. naticarum (Cheeky Slippersnail) · C. nummaria (Western White Slippersnail) · C. onyx (Onyx Slippersnail) · C. perforans (White Slippersnail) · C. plana (Eastern White Slippersnail) · C. striolata (Ridged Slippersnail) · C. unguiformis (European White Slipper-Shell)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- Annual report - Western Society of Malacologists. Pomona, Calif., Western Society of Malacologists. url p. 12.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 162.
- Catalogue of marine shells in Lorenzo G. Yates' collection, Santa Barbara, Cal. Santa Barbara, Cal., 1886. url p. 9.
- Catalogue of the marine mollusks of Japan, with descriptions of new species and notes on others collected by Frederick Stearns, by Henry A. Pilsbry. .. Detroit, Frederick Stearns, 1895. url p. 70, p. 70.
- Conchological miscellany. Boston, etc., 1834?-1883? url p. 40.
- Contributions to biology from the Hopkins Seaside Laboratory of the Leland Stanford Jr. University. Stanford University, Calif.: The University, 1895-1904. url p. 309.
- Environmental assessment of the Alaskan Continental Shelf: Annual reports of principal investigators. [Boulder, Colo.]: U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration, Office of Marine Pollution Assessment, url p. 114.
- Fossils from the Upper Musashino of Kazusa and Shimosa. TokyoThe University1922 url , p. 8.
- Geographical catalogue of the Mollusca found west of the Rocky Mountains, between latitudes 33 and 49 north, by J.G. Cooper. San Francisco, Towne & Bacon, 1867. url p. 40.
- Journal of conchology. London: D. Bogue. url p. 101.
- List of duplicates of Japanese shells, marine, land, and fresh water, collected personally by Frederick Stearns. .. during his two visits to Japan, 1889-90, and 1892, and offered for sale or exchange. Detroit, J. F. Eby, printer, 1896. url p. 5.
- List of papers contributions to natural history, etc. chiefly on the conchology of North America, by Robert E.C. Stearns. San Francisco, 1878. url p. 4.
- Manual of conchology, structural and systematic: with illustrations of the species / by George W. Tryon, Jr. Philadelphia: Published by the Author, Academy of Natural Sciences, 1879-1898. url p. 128, p. 128, p. 432, p. 432, p. 432.
- Marine mollusca of Madras and the immediate neighbourhood; notes on a collection of marine shells from Lively Island, Falklands; and other papers, ManchesterJ.E. Gornish1898 url p. 101.
- Memoirs of the California Academy of Sciences. San Francisco: The Academy, 1868- url p. 24, p. 24, p. 309, p. 309, p. 40, p. 40, p. 68, p. 68.
- Memoirs of the San Diego Society of Natural History. 1 1931 San Diego, Calif.: The Society, 1931-1989. url p. 20, p. 44, p. 789.
- Molluscan world, San Diego, Calif., 1915. url , p. 144.
- Proceedings - California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 224, p. 545, p. 550.
- Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society held at Philadelphia for promoting useful knowledge. Philadelphia: American Philosophical Society url p. 20, p. 20, p. 24, p. 24.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 224, p. 354, p. 545, p. 550.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url , , p. 344, p. 632, p. 673, p. 87.
- Report of the International Polar Expedition to Point Barrow, Alaska, in response to the resolution of the House of Representatives of December 11, 1884. Washington: G.P.O., 1885. url , p. 689.
- Reports of the Princeton University Expeditions to Patagonia, 1896-1899. J. B. Hatcher in charge. Edited by William B. Scott. Princeton, The University, 1901-32 [v. 1, 1903] url p. 185, p. 289.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 10 1873 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 322, p. 68.
- Special scientific report. Seattle, National Marine Fisheries Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1949-1971. url p. 51, p. 54, p. 55, p. 57, p. 58, p. 61, p. 67, p. 68.
- The Journal of geology. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1893- url p. 130, p. 444, p. 445.
- The Journal of the College of Science, Imperial University of Tokyo, Japan = Tokyo Teikoku Daigaku kiyo. Rika. Tokyo, Japan: The University, 1898-1925. url , p. 8.
- The Nautilus. Melbourne, Fla., etc., American Malacologists, inc., etc. url , p. 31, p. 31, p. 80, p. 89, p. 90, p. 93.
- The fur seals and fur-seal islands of the North Pacific ocean. Washington, Govt. Print. Off.1898-99. url .
- The mollusks of western North America embracing the second report made to the British Association on this subject, with other papers, reprinted by permission, with a general index / by Philip P. Carpenter. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1872. url p. 169, p. 322.
- Transactions of the Wagner Free Institute of Science of Philadelphia. 3 1892 Philadelphia: Wagner Free Institute of Science of Philadelphia, 1887-1927. url p. 358.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal February 02, 2008:
- Academy of Natural Sciences, Academy of Natural Sciences Malacology Database
- Academy of Natural Sciences, Academy of Natural Sciences OBIS Mollusc Database [Darwin Core]
- Marine Science Institute, UCSB, Paleobiology Database
- University of Alaska Museum of the North, University of Alaska Museum of the North Mollusc Collection