Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Czech:
Common Names in Dutch:
Kraai, Zwarte Kraai
Common Names in English:
Carrion Crow, Hooded Crow
Common Names in French:
Corneille mantelée *, Corneille noire
Common Names in German:
Aaskrähe, Aaskrähe (Rabenkrähe), Nebelkrähe
Common Names in Italian:
Common Names in Japanese:
Common Names in Russian:
Common Names in Spanish:
Corneja Cenicienta, Corneja Negra
Common Names in Swedish:
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 5,308 meters (0 to 17,415 feet).
List of Habitats
- 1 Forest
- 1.1 Forest - Boreal
- 1.4 Forest - Temperate
- 1.5 Forest - Subtropical/Tropical Dry
- 3 Shrubland
- 3.4 Shrubland - Temperate
- 4 Grassland
- 4.4 Grassland - Temperate
- 5 Wetlands (inland)
- 5.1 Wetlands (inland) - Permanent Rivers/Streams/Creeks (includes waterfalls )
- 5.5 Wetlands (inland) - Permanent Freshwater Lakes (over 8ha)
- 6 Rocky areas (eg. inland cliffs , mountain peaks)
- 12 Marine Intertidal
- 12.1 Marine Intertidal - Rocky Shoreline
- 12.2 Marine Intertidal - Sandy Shoreline and/or Beaches, Sand Bars , Spits , Etc
- 12.3 Marine Intertidal - Shingle and/or Pebble Shoreline and/or Beaches
- 12.4 Marine Intertidal - Mud Flats and Salt Flats
- 12.6 Marine Intertidal - Tidepools
- 13 Marine Coastal/Supratidal
- 13.1 Marine Coastal/Supratidal - Sea Cliffs and Rocky Offshore Islands
- 14 Artificial/Terrestrial
- 14.1 Artificial/Terrestrial - Arable Land
- 14.2 Artificial/Terrestrial - Pastureland
- 14.4 Artificial/Terrestrial - Rural Gardens
- 14.5 Artificial/Terrestrial - Urban Areas [more info]
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Bateson, 1885
- Cuvier, 1812
- Jawed Vertebrates
- Goodrich, 1930
- Linnaeus, 1758
- Gauthier, 1986
- (C. Linnaeus, 1758)
- Pycraft, 1900
- Sibley et al., 1988
- Order: Passeriformes () - C. Linnaeus, 1758
- Superorder: Passerimorphae () - Sibley et al., 1988
- Cohort: Neognathae () - Pycraft, 1900
- Infraclass: Aves () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758)
- Subclass: Avialae () - Gauthier, 1986
- Class: Aves () - Linnaeus, 1758
- Superclass: Tetrapoda () - Goodrich, 1930
- Infraphylum: Gnathostomata () - auct. - Jawed Vertebrates
- Subphylum: Vertebrata () - Cuvier, 1812 - Vertebrates
- Phylum: Chordata () - Bateson, 1885 - Chordates
- Infrakingdom: Chordonia () - (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Deuterostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 17-Oct-2001
Members of the genus Corvus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 65 species and subspecies in this genus:
C. albicollis (White-Naped Raven) · C. albus (Pied Crow) · C. bennetti (Little Crow) · C. boreus (Relict Raven) · C. brachyrhynchos (Southern Crow) · C. brachyrhynchos brachyrhynchos (American Crow) · C. brachyrhynchos paulus (American Crow) · C. capensis (Black Crow) · C. caurinus (North-Western Crow) · C. corax (Southwestern Raven) · C. corax clarionensis (Common Raven) · C. corax corax (Common Raven) · C. corax laurenci (Common Raven) · C. corax principalis (Common Raven) · C. corax sinuatus (Common Raven) · C. corone (Carrion Crow) · C. corone; cornix (Hooded Crow) · C. corone cornix (Hooded Crow) · C. coronoides (Australian Raven) · C. coronoides coronoides (Australian Raven) · C. crassirostris (Thick-Billed Raven) · C. cryptoleucus (White Nacked Ravan) · C. dauuricus (Daurian Jackdaw) · C. edithae (Somali Crow) · C. enca (Slender-Billed Crow) · C. florensis (Flores Crow) · C. frugilegus (Rook) · C. frugilegus frugilegus (Rook) · (Brown-Headed Crow) · C. hawaiiensis (Hawaiian Crow) · C. imparatus (Tamaulipas Crow) · C. jamaicensis (Jamaican Crow) · C. kubaryi (Guam Crow) · C. leucognaphalus (White-Necked Crow) · C. levaillantii (Jungle Crow) · C. macrorhynchos (Large-Billed Crow) · C. macrorhynchos macrorhynchos (Large-Billed Crow) · C. meeki (Bougainville Crow) · C. mellori (Little Raven) · C. minutus (Cuban Palm Crow) · C. monedula (Eurasian Jackdaw) · C. monedula monedula (Eurasian Crow) · C. monedula spermologus (Jackaw) · (New Caledonian Crow) · C. nasicus (Cuban Crow) · C. newtoni (Reunion Cuckoo-Shrike) · C. orru (Australian Crow) · C. orru orru (Australian Crow) · C. ossifragus (Fish Crow) · C. palmarum (Hispaniolan Palm Crow) · C. palmarum palmarum (Hispaniolan Palm Crow) · C. rhipidurus (Fan-Tailed Raven) · C. ruficollis (Brown-Necked Raven) · C. sinaloae (Sinaloan Crow) · C. splendens (Indian House Crow) · C. splendens splendens (Indian House Crow) · C. tasmanicus (Forest Raven) · C. tasmanicus tasmanicus (Forest Raven) · C. torquatus (Collared Crow) · C. tristis (Gray Crow) · C. tropicus (Hawaiian Crow) · C. typicus (Mauritius Cuckoo-Shrike) · C. unicolor (Banggai Crow) · C. validus (Long-Billed Crow) · C. woodfordi (Solomon Islands Crow)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- , 274 p.port.22 cm. url p. 70.
- A List of British birds / London: British Ornithologists' Union, 1915. url .
- A List of British birds / London: John Van Voorst, 1883. url , .
- A List of birds' eggs in the collection of Mr. William Stoate, Wembdon, Bridgewater. [188-?] url p. 19.
- A catalogue of the collection of birds formed by the late Hugh Edwin Strickland. Cambridge, Univ. Press, 1882. url p. 283.
- A check list of North American birds. Boston: Estes and Lauriat, 1882. url p. 57.
- A concise handbook of British birds / H. Kirke Swann. London: J. Wheldon, 1896. url p. 94.
- A dictionary of birds, by Alfred Newton, assisted by Hans Gadow, with contributions from Richard Lydekker. .. Charles S. Roy. .. and Robert W. Shufeldt. .. London, A. and C. Black, 1893-1896. url p. 116, p. 190.
- A familiar history of birds. London, Parker, 1854. url p. 189.
- A glossary of Greek birds. OxfordClarendon Press1895 url p. 97.
- A glossary of popular, local and old-fashioned names, of British birds; London: H. Sotheran & Co., 1902. url p. 10, p. 19, p. 39.
- A hand-book to the birds of Great Britain. By R. Bowdler Sharpe. .. London, E. Lloyd, Limited, 1896-1897. url p. 14.
- A hand-list of British birds, with an account of the distribution of each species in the British Isles and abroad. By Ernst Hartert, F. C. R. Jourdain, N. F. Ticehurst and H. F. Withersby. London, Witherby, 1912. url p. 2.
- A handbook of British birds, showing the distribution of the resident and migratory species in the British islands, with an index to the records of the rarer visitants, by J.E. Harting. .. London, J.C. Nimmo, 1901. url p. 95, p. 96.
- A handbook of British birds: showing the distribution of the resident and migratory species in the British islands, with an index to the records of the rarer visitants / by J. E. Harting. London: J. van Voorst, 1872. url p. 31.
- A handbook of European birds for the use of field naturalists and collectors. By James Backhouse. London, Gurney and Jackson, 1890. url p. 121.
- A handbook of the vertebrate fauna of Yorkshire: being a catalogue of British mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, and fishes / by Wm. Eagle Clarke, and Wm. Denison Roebuck. London: Reeve, 1881. url p. 36, p. 36.
- A handbook to the case arranged as an introduction to the study of birds' eggs / the Horniman Museum, Forest Hill, S.E. London: London County council, 1905? url p. 9.
- A history of British birds / by William Yarrell, V.P.L.S., F.Z.S. London: John van Voorst, 1871-1885. url p. 274, p. 274.
- A history of British birds, London, Pub. for the author by R. H. Porter [etc.]1883-85. url , , .
- A history of British birds, with coloured illustrations of their eggs. By Henry Seebohm. .. London, Pub. for the author by R.H. Porter [etc.]1883-85. url p. 539, p. 548, p. 595.
- A history of British birds. By the Rev. F.O. Morris. .. London, Groombridge and Sons, [1862?-1867?] url p. 35.
- A history of British birds. London, J. Van Voorst, 1871-85. url p. 274, p. 274.
- A history of North American birds / by S. F. Baird, T. M. Brewer, and R. Ridgway. Boston: Little, Brown, 1905. url p. 243.
- A history of North American birds, by S.F. Baird, T.M. Brewer, and R. Ridgway. Land birds, illustrated by 64 chromo-lithographic plates and 593 woodcuts. Boston, Little, Brown, 1875. url p. 243.
- A history of birds / London: Methuen & Co.,  url .
- A history of birds, by W. P. Pycraft, with an introd. by Ray Lankester. London, Methuen and Co. url p. 358.
- A history of the birds of Europe: including all the species inhabiting the western palaearctic region / London: Published by the Author, 1871-1881. url , , p. 100, p. 262, p. 263, p. 521, p. 531, p. 532, p. 535, p. 537, p. 539, p. 541, p. 545, p. 546, p. 547, p. 549, p. 550, p. 557, p. 562, p. 575.
- A list of British birds / compiled by a committee of the British Ornithologists' Union. London: J. van Voorst, 1883. url , p. 69.
- A list of British birds, comp. by a committee of the British ornithologists' union. London: British ornithologists' union, 1915. url p. 2, p. 420.
- A list of European birds, including all those found in the western palaearctic area, with a supplement containing species said to have occurred, but which, for various reasons, are inadmissible. London, R.H. Porter, 1898. url p. 30.
- A list of European birds: including all species found in the western palaearctic region: the nomenclature carefully revised / by Henry E. Dresser. London: H.E. Dresser, 1881. url p. 19.
- A list of the birds known to inhabit the Island of Celebes / url .
- A manual of palæarctic birds, by H. E. Dresser. London, The author, 1902-03. url .
- A natural history of the nests and eggs of British birds / by the Rev. F.O. Morris. London: John C. Nimmo, 1896. url p. 97.
- A practical handbook of British birds, edited by H.F. Witherby. .. London, Witherby, 1920-24. url p. 13, p. 13, p. 8, p. 8.
- A preliminary catalog of the birds of Missouri / St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis, 1907. url .
- A revised catalogue of the birds of China and its islands, with descriptions of new species, references to former notes, and occasional remarks. By Robert Swinhoe. London, 1871 url p. 47.
- A student's text-book of zoology / by Adam Sedgwick. London: S. Sonnenschein and co.; 1898-1909. url p. 477.
- A student's text-book of zoology, by Adam Sedgwick. .. London, Macmillan Co., 1898-1909. url p. 477.
- A study of the incubation periods of birds; what determines their lengths, Denver, Col., The Kendrick-Bellamy Co., 1917. url .
- A survey and record of Woolwich and West Kent containing descriptions and records, brought up-to-date, of geology, botany, zoology, archaeology and industries of the district, with a brief photographic commentary, in commemoration of the 12th Ann General editors, C.H. Grinling, T.A. Ingram [and] B.C. Polkinghorne. Woolwich: Labour Representation Print. Co., 1909. url p. 246.
- A tour in Sutherlandshire: with extracts from the field-books of a sportsman and naturalist / with an Appendix on the fauna of Sutherland by J.A. Harvie-Brown and T.E. Buckley. Edinburgh, Douglas, 1884. url p. 344.
- A treatise on zoology London, A. and C. Black, 1900-1909 url p. 348.
- A year with the birds / by W. Warde Fowler; with illustrations by Bryan Hook. London: Macmillan, 1891. url p. 263.
- A year with the birds / by Wilson Flagg. Boston, New York, [etc.]: Educational Publishing Company, 1889. url p. 2.
- A year with the birds, Oxford, B. H. Blackwell, 1886. url .
- A year with the birds, by W. Warde Fowler. .. With illustrations by Bryan Hook. London, New York: Macmillan and co., 1891. url p. 263.
- A year with the birds; by W. Warde Fowler. .. illustrations by Bryan Hook. London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1914. url p. 263.
- A year with the birds; or, The birds and seasons of New England. Boston, Educational publishing co.. url .
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 44.
- Agriculture, ancient and modern: a historical account of its principles and practice, exemplified in their rise, progress, and development. By Samuel Copland, the "Old Norfolk farmer" of the Mark Lane Express. . London, Virtue and company, 1866. url p. 617.
- American ornithology, or, The natural history of the birds of the United States: illustrated with plates engraved from drawings from nature / by Alexander Wilson and Charles Lucian Bonaparte. Philadelphia: Porter & Coates, [1878?] url p. 121.
- An account of the flowering plants, ferns and allies of Harleston. With a sketch of the geology, climate, and natural characteristics of the neighbourhood. Compiled and edited by Francis William Galpin. To which are added Observations on the birds of the district, by Charles Candler. London, Bartlett, 1888. url p. 140.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 188, p. 58, p. 58.
- Anatomischer Anzeiger. Jena: G. Fischer, 1886- url p. 315, p. 325, p. 329, p. 336, p. 526.
- Animal life and the world of nature: a magazine of natural history throughout the world. London: Hutchinson, 1902-1904. url p. 205.
- Annual report of the Ohio State Academy of Science. Columbus: The Academy, 1893-1930. url p. 128.
- Ants; their structure, development and behavior, by William Morton Wheeler. .. New York, Columbia university press, 1910. url .
- Ardea. Amsterdam, etc., Nederlandse Ornithlogische Unie, etc. url p. 129, p. 38, p. 40, p. 65, p. 7.
- Aristotle's History of animals. In ten books. London, Bell, 1887. url p. 314.
- Audubon the naturalist; a history of his life and time, by Francis Hobart Herrick. .. New YorkD. Appleton-Century Company, incorporated, 1938. url p. 169.
- Audubon, the naturalist; a history of his life and time, by Francis Hobart Herrick. New York, Appleton[c1917] url p. 169.
- Aves polynesiae: a catalogue of the birds of the Polynesian subregion / by Lionel K. Wiglesworth. Berlin: R. Friedlaender & Sohn, 1891. url p. 46.
- Bird behaviour psychical and physiological, New York, Dodd, Mead and Company url .
- Bird lore. New York City: Macmillan Co., c1899-c1940. url , p. 49.
- Bird-keeping. A practical guide for the management of singing and cage birds. By C. E. Dyson. London, F. Warne and co., 1889. url p. 30.
- Bird-lore. New York, National Association of Audubon Societies. url p. 49, p. 49, p. 77, p. 78.
- Birds / by A.H. Evans. London: Macmillan, 1899 (1909 printing). url p. 599.
- Birds / by E. C. Stuart Baker. London: Taylor & Francis, 1924-28. url p. 24.
- Birds / by Spencer Fullerton Baird; with the co-operation of John Cassin and George N. Lawrence. Washington, D.C., 1858. url p. 566, p. 567.
- Birds and their nests and eggs: found in and near great towns / by George H. Vos. London: E.P. Dutton., [1907?] url p. 192.
- Birds of Britain, London, A. and C. Black, 1907. url .
- Birds of Britain, by J. Lewis Bonhote. .. with 100 illustrations in colour selected by H.E. Dresser from his Birds of Europe.' London: A. and C. Black, 1907. url p. 163.
- Birds of Marlborough; being a contribution to the ornithology of the district, by Everard F. Im Thurn. With an appendix. Marlborough, Perkins, "Times" office; [etc., etc.]1870. url p. 34.
- Birds of the British Isles / drawn and described by John Duncan; with an introduction by Charles Dixon. London: W. Scott, 1898. url p. 2.
- Birds of the British Isles, drawn and described by John Duncan; with an introd. by Charles Dixon. London, W. Scott, 1898. url p. 2.
- Birds of the Chukchi Peninsula and Wrangel Island = (Ptitsy Chukotskogo poluostrova i ostrova Vrangelya) / L.A. Portenko; translated from Russian [by P.M. Rao]. New Delhi: Published for the Smithsonian Institution and the National Science Foundation, Washington, D.C., by Amerind Pub. Co., 1981- url p. 341, p. 350.
- Birds of the Colorado Valley: a repository of scientific and popular information concerning North American ornithology / by Elliott Coues. Washington: G.P.O., 1878. url p. 598, p. 664.
- Birds of the Colorado valley. .. scientific and popular information concerning North American ornithology. Washington, Gov't print. off., 1878. url p. 664.
- Birds of the Humber District / by John Cordeaux. London: Van Voorst, 1872. url p. 60.
- Birds of the James Simpson-Roosevelts Asiatic expedition, by Charles E. Hellmayr. 17 1929 Chicago, 1929. url p. 32.
- Birds of the Northwest: a hand-book of the ornithology of the region drained by the Missouri River and its tributaries / by Elliott Coues. Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1874. url p. 206.
- Birds of the plains, by Douglas Dewar. .. with sixteen illustrations from photographs of living birds, by Captain F. D. S. Fayrer, I. M. S. London, J. Lane;1909  url p. 241.
- Birds of the world for young people, New York, F.A. Stokes Company url , .
- Birds of the world; a popular account. With a chapter on the anatomy of birds, by Frederic A. Lucas; the whole edited by Robert Ridgway. New York, Holt, 1909. url p. 773.
- Birds. .. London, Taylor and Francis; [etc., etc.]1922-30. url .
- Birds. By E. C. Stuart Baker. London: Taylor & Francis, 1922-30. url p. 24.
- Birds. By Eugene W. Oates. London: Taylor and Francis; [etc., etc.], 1889-98. url p. 13, p. 16.
- Birds. London, Taylor and Francis, 1889-1898. url .
- Birds; a miscellaneous collection of 37 pamphlets about birds. Collected and privately bound by Alvin Seale, 1914. v.p., 1910-1913 url p. 42.
- Blood immunity and blood relationship; a demonstration of certain blood-relationships amongst animals by means of the precipitin test for blood, by George H. F. Nuttall...Including original researches by G. S. Graham-Smith...and T. S. P. Strangeways. Cambridge, University press, 1904. url p. 294.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 32.
- Britain's birds and their nests / described by A. Landsborough Thomson; with introduction by J. Arthur Thomson, illustrated by George Rankin. London: W. & R. Chambers, 1910. url p. 233.
- British birds and their eggs: with a new method of identification / by J. Maclair Boraston. London: W. & R. Chambers, 1909. url .
- British birds in their haunts / edited, revised and annotated, by J.A. Owen; illustrated with 64 coloured plates (256 figures) by William Foster; with a glossary of common and provincial names and of technical terms. London: G. Routledge url p. 65.
- British birds in their haunts, by the late Rev. C.A. Johns. .. ed., rev., and annotated, by J.A. Owen. .. Illustrated with 64 coloured plates (256 figures) by William Foster. .. With a glossary of common and provincial names and te London, E.P. Dutton & Co., 1909. url p. 65.
- British birds with their nests and eggs London, Brumby & Clarke[1896-98] url , .
- British birds' nests, how, where, and when to find and identify them, by Richard Kearton, F. Z. S. Illustrated from photographs by Cherry and Richard Kearton, with coloured and Rembrandt plates. London, Cassell and Company, Limited, 1908. url p. 50.
- British birds, London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1921. url p. 166.
- British birds, by W. H. Hudson, C.M.Z.S. With a chapter on structure and classification by Frank E. Beddard, F.R.S. With 8 coloured plates from original drawings by A. Thorburn and 8 plates and 100 figures in black London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1921. url p. 166.
- British birds, by W.H. Hudson, C.M.Z.S. With a chapter on structure and classification by Frank E. Beddard, F. R.S. With 8 coloured plates from original drawings by A. Thorburn and 8 plates and 100 figures in black London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1895. url .
- British birds. London, Witherby & Co. url p. 123, p. 128, p. 159, p. 218, p. 29.
- British birds: key list. London, R. H. Porter, 1892. url p. 11, p. 11.
- British journal of entomology and natural history. [London]: British Entomological and Natural History Society, 1988- url .
- British nesting birds: a complete record of every species which nests in the British Isles / by W. Percival Westell. London: J.M. Dent, 1910. url p. 30.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 204, p. 218, p. 220, p. 239, p. 256, p. 268, p. 296, p. 330, p. 338, p. 34, p. 355, p. 373, p. 402.
- Bulletin / Peabody Museum of Natural History. 1971 New Haven: Peabody Museum of Natural History, url p. 10, p. 184, p. 184, p. 91, p. 97.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information. Additional Series. Royal Gardens, Kew. 5 1906 [Kew, Surrey: Royal Botanic Gardens], 1898-1936; url p. 7.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1950-1977. url p. 156, p. 158, p. 166, p. 175, p. 180, p. 202, p. 207, p. 218, p. 231, p. 239, p. 242, p. 389, p. 8.
- Bulletin of the British Ornithologists' Club. London: The Club, 1893- url , , p. 116, p. 126, p. 127, p. 162, p. 179, p. 181, p. 186, p. 197, p. 249, p. 281, p. 281, p. 67, p. 95.
- Bulletin of the Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard College. 2 1871 Cambridge, Mass.: The Museum, 1863- url p. 297, p. 297, p. 628.
- Bulletin of the United States Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories / Department of the Interior. Washington: Government Printing Office, 1874- url p. 604.
- Catalogue of British Birds in the Collection of the British Museum / by G.R. Gray. London, 1863. url p. 88.
- Catalogue of British birds in the collection of the British Museum. London, Printed by order of the trustees, 1863. url , .
- Catalogue of a collection of American birds / belonging to Philip Lutley Sclater. London: N. Trubner and Co., 1862. url p. 146.
- Catalogue of birds of the Americas and the adjacent islands in Field Museum of Natural History. by Charles E. Hellmayr. 13 1934 Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1934. url p. 1, p. 6.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 110, p. 1152, p. 191, p. 262, p. 376, p. 461, p. 523, p. 752, p. 89, p. 892, p. 901, p. 977.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 110, p. 1152, p. 191, p. 262, p. 461, p. 523, p. 752, p. 89, p. 892, p. 901, p. 977.
- Catalogue of the Birds in the British Museum. London, 1874-98. url p. 17, p. 34, p. 36.
- Catalogue of the Collection of Birds' Eggs in the British Museum / By E. W. Oates [and afterwards] by S. G. Reid [and] W. R. Ogilvie-Grant. London, 1901-12. url p. 467, p. 468, p. 469, p. 546.
- Catalogue of the Hemiptera (Heteroptera) with biological and anatomical references, lists of foodplants and parasites, etc. prefaced by a discussion on nomenclature, and an analytical table of families, by G. W. Kirkaldy. Berlin, F. L. Dames, 1909- url p. 378.
- Catalogue of the Mammalia and birds of New Guinea, in the collection of the British Museum. London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1859. url .
- Catalogue of the birds of Suffolk, with an introduction and remarks on their distribution. London, J. Van Voorst, 1884-86. url p. 88.
- Catalogue of the birds of the tropical islands of the Pacific Ocean, in the collection of the British Museum / by George Robert Gray. London, 1859. url p. 24.
- Catalogue of the collection of birds' eggs in the British Museum (Natural History) London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1901-12. url p. 461, p. 467, p. 468, p. 469, p. 546.
- Catalogue of the genera and subgenera of birds contained in the British Museum. London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1855. url p. 64.
- Catalogue of the specimens illustrating the osteology of vertebrated animals, recent and extinct, contained in the Museum of the Royal College of Surgeons of England. London, 1891. url p. 10.
- Check-list and bibliography on the occurrence of insects in birds' nests. Ames, Iowa State College Press url p. 181, p. 198, p. 200, p. 299, p. 302, p. 309, p. 316, p. 423, p. 424, p. 433.
- Check-list of North American birds. [Ithaca, N.Y.]1957. url p. 380.
- Check-list of North American birds: the species of birds of North America from the Arctic through Panama, including the West Indies and Hawaiian Islands / prepared by the Committee on Classification and Nomenclature of the American Orni Lawrence, Kan.: American Ornithologists' Union, 1983. url p. 509, p. 785.
- Check-list of birds of the world. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1931-1987. url p. 270, p. 271.
- Checklists for the CORINE Biotopes Programme and its application in the PHARE countries of Central and East Europe: including comparisons with relevant conventions and agreements on the conservation of European species and habitats EC url p. 14.
- Coloured figures of the birds of the British Islands / issued by Lord Lilford. London: R. H. Porter, 1885-1897. url p. 8, p. 82.
- Coloured figures of the eggs of British birds: with descriptive notices / by Henry Seebohm; edited (after the author's death) by R. Bowdler Sharpe. Sheffield: Pawson and Brailsford, 1896. url , .
- Comparative anatomy of vertebrates, adapted from the German of Dr. Robert Wiedersheim. .. by W. N. Parker. London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1907. url p. 372.
- Conservation of marine birds of northern North America: papers from the international symposium held at the Seattle Hyatt House, Seattle, Washington, 13-15 May 1975 / edited by James C. Bartonek and David N. Nettleship; sponsored by Natural Resources Council of America. .. [et al.]. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service, 1979. url p. 127, p. 278.
- Contributions to the natural history of the Bermudas. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1884. url p. 204.
- Country rambles, and Manchester walks and wild flowers: being rural wanderings in Cheshire, Lancashire, Derbyshire, & Yorkshire, by Leo H. Grindon. Manchester, Palmer & Howe, 1882. url p. 272.
- Darwinism: an exposition of the theory of natural selection, with some of its applications / by Alfred Russel Wallace. London; Macmillan, 1891. url p. 2.
- Darwinism; an exposition of the theory of natural selection, with some of its applications, by Alfred Russel Wallace. London and New York, Macmillan and co., 1889. url p. 2.
- Diseases and enemies of poultry / by Leonard Pearson and B.H. Warren. [Harrisburg, Pa.]: C.M. Busch, 1897. url p. 590.
- Diseases and enemies of poultry. Pearson & Warren. Harrisburg, C.M. Busch, state printer, 1897 url p. 590.
- Ecological animal geography; an authorized, rewritten edition based on Tiergeographie auf ockologischer grundlage / by Richard Hesse. .. prepared by W. C. Allee. .. and Karl P. Schmidt. .. New York: J. Wiley & Sons, Inc.; 1937. url p. 566, p. 77.
- Effects of highways on wildlife and fish with special reference to Montana a ProCite literature collection / Bozeman, Mont.: Fish and Wildlife Management Program, Montana State University, 2001 url .
- Elementary text-book of zoology. By Dr. C. Claus, tr. and ed. by Adam Sedgwick with the assistance of F. G. Heathcote. London, W. S. Sonnenschein, 1884-85. url p. 266.
- Elements of the comparative anatomy of vertebrates. Adapted from the German of Robert Wiedersheim by W. Newton Parker. London, Macmillan, 1897. url p. 96.
- Entomological news. [Philadelphia]American Entomological Society, 1925- url p. 144.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url .
- FWS/0BS. [Washington]Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. of the Interior. url .
- Familiar wild birds / by W. Swaysland; with coloured plates. London; New York: Cassell, 1883. url p. 166.
- Fauna, flora & geology of the Clyde area, ed. by G.F. Scott Elliot, Malcolm Laurie and J. Barclay Murdoch. Glasgow, Pub. by the local committee for the meeting of the British Association, 1901. url p. 162.
- Fifty common birds of China, n.p., 192-? url .
- Fleas, flukes & cuckoos; a study of bird parasites, by Miriam Rothschild and Theresa Clay. New York, Macmillan, 1957. url p. 101, p. 112, p. 286, p. 303.
- Flora of Marlborough; with notices of birds and a sketch of the geological features of the neighborhood. .. London, J. Van Voorst, 1863. url p. 110.
- Genera insectorum / publiés par P. Wytsman. Bruxelles, L. Desmet-Verteneuil [etc.]1902-1970. url p. 17, p. 19, p. 31.
- Geographical distribution of British birds / by Henry Seebohm. London: R.H. Porter, 1893. url , p. 4.
- Geographical distribution of animals: with a study of the relations of living and extinct faunas as elucidating the past changes of the earth's surface. London, Macmillan, 1876. url p. 215.
- Guide to the Gallery of Birds in the Department of Zoology of the British Museum (Natural History). London: Printed by order of the Trustees [by Taylor and Francis], 1905. url p. 138.
- Guide to the gallery of birds in the Department of Zoology, British Museum (Natural History) LondonPrinted by order of the Trustees url p. 2.
- Hampstead Hill: its structure, materials and sculpturing / by J. Logan Lobley; with The flora of Hampstead, by Henry T. Wharton; The insect fauna of Hampstead, by F. A. Walker; and The birds of Hampstead, by J. Edmund Haring. London: Roper and Drowley, 1889. url p. 91.
- Hampstead Hill; its structure, materials, and sculpturing. With The flora of Hampstead by Henry T. Wharton; The insect fauna of Hampstead, by F.A. Walker; and The birds of Hampstead, by J. Edmund Harting. LondonRoper and Drowley1889 url p. 91.
- Hand-book to the birds of Great Britain. London, Allen, 1894-97. url p. 14.
- Handbook of zoology / by J. van der Hoeven. Cambridge: University Press, 1856-1858. url p. 484.
- Handbook of zoology; by J. van der Hoeven. Tr. from the 2d Dutch ed. by the Rev. William Clark. Cambridge: Longman, Brown, Green, Longmans, and Roberts, 1856-58. url p. 484.
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 161, p. 239, p. 265.
- Heligoland as an ornithological observatory; the result of fifty years' experience, Edinburgh, D. Douglas, 1895. url p. 200.
- History of animals in ten books. Translated by Richard Cresswell. London, G. Bell, 1902. url p. 314.
- History of the Berwickshire Naturalists' Club, instituted September 22, 1831 [Vol. 1 of proceedings, corr. and reprinted] Alnwick, H.H. Blair, 1885. url p. 19, p. 230, p. 37.
- Homes without hands. Being a description of the habitations of animals, classed according to their principle of construction. By the Rev. J.G. Wood. .. With new designs by W.F. Keyl and E. Smith. Engraved by Messrs. Pearson. New York, Harper & Brothers, 1866. url p. 541.
- How to sex cage birds (British and foreign), London, "The Feathered world", "Canary and cage-bird life" url p. 88.
- Humboldt; Monatsschrift für die gesamten Naturwissenschaften. Stuttgart, F. Enke, 1882-90. url p. 355, p. 431, p. 474.
- Ibis. [London]Published for the British Ornithologists' Union by Academic Press. url p. 115, p. 121, p. 126, p. 159, p. 161, p. 168, p. 171, p. 192, p. 211, p. 22, p. 224, p. 236, p. 236, p. 239, p. 24, p. 246, p. 248, p. 26, p. 270, p. 277, p. 349, p. 356, p. 371, p. 383, p. 384, p. 40, p. 407, p. 408, p. 415, p. 420, p. 429, p. 434, p. 438, p. 450, p. 451, p. 455, p. 458, p. 476, p. 476, p. 477, p. 480, p. 49, p. 498, p. 51, p. 510, p. 526, p. 528, p. 547, p. 566, p. 58, p. 599, p. 617, p. 628, p. 630, p. 643, p. 65, p. 66, p. 677, p. 723, p. 79, p. 81, p. 865, p. 95.
- Immunity in health; the function of the tonsils and other subepithelial lymphatic glands in the bodily economy. LondonH. Frowde1919 url p. 120.
- Index-catalogue of the birds in the Hancock collection. [Newcastle-upon-Tyne]Printed for the Natural History Society, 1899. url p. 25.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. LondonPublished for the International Council by the Royal Society of London1901-1920 url p. 104, p. 126, p. 240, p. 340, p. 37, p. 51, p. 57, p. 85.
- Island life: or, the phenomena and causes of insular faunas and floras, including a revision and attempted solution of the problem of geological climates / London: Macmillan, 1911. url p. 36, p. 397.
- Island life; or, the phenomena and causes of insular faunas and floras, including a revision and attempted solution of the problem of geological climates, by Alfred Russel Wallace. London, Macmillan, 1880. url p. 397.
- Jenaische Zeitschrift für Naturwissenschaft. Jena, Gustav Fischer [etc.]. url p. 353, p. 603, p. 610, p. 611, p. 627, p. 63, p. 654, p. 680, p. 725, p. 754, p. 758, p. 759, p. 88.
- Jottings about birds / by Charles Dixon. London: Chapman and Hall, 1893. url p. 202.
- Journal of morphology. Boston: Ginn & Co., [1887-1924] url p. 632.
- Journal of the Federated Malay States Museums. Kuala Lumpur: the Museums, 1905-1936. url p. 319.
- Lectures on the Darwinian theory delivered by the late Arthur Milnes Marshall / New York: The Macmillan company, 1894. url .
- Lectures on the elements of comparative anatomy. By Thomas Henry Huxley. .. On the classification of animals and on the vertebrate skull. London, J. Churchill and Sons, 1864. url p. 249.
- Life and letters of Alexander Goodman More, F.R.S.E., F.L.S., M.R.I.A., with selections from his zoological and botanical writings; ed. by C.B. Moffat, B.A., with a preface by Frances M. More. Dublin, Hodges, Figgis & co. (ltd.)1898. url p. 432.
- List of the birds in the Indian Museum. Pt. 1. Families Corvidae, Paradiseidae, Ptilomorhnchidae and Crateropodidae. By F. Finn. Calcutta, 1901. url p. 2.
- List of the birds of India. 78 p.24 cm. url p. 33.
- List of the birds of North Wales, compiled for the use of Gymdeithas Llafar, Gwlad. .. Mold, 1891. url p. 10.
- List of the vertebrated animals living in the gardens of the Zoological Society of London. London: Printed for the Society, 1862. url p. 59.
- List of the vertebrated animals now or lately living in the gardens of the Zoological Society of London. London: Printed for the Society, and sold. .. Longmans, Green, Reader, and Dyer, 1883. url p. 276, p. 276.
- London birds and London insects and other sketches. London, H. Porter, 1892. url p. iii.
- Loudon's Natural History. Popular descriptions, tales and anecdotes of more than five hundred animals. London, G. Bell and sons, 1889. url p. 268.
- Manual of the birds of Iceland / by Henry H. Slater. Edinburgh: D. Douglas, 1901. url p. 23, p. 23.
- Meddelelser om Grønland. København, C. A. Reitzels Forlag, 1879-1979. url p. 407.
- Michigan bird life: a list of all the bird species known to occur in the State together with an outline of their classification and an account of the life history of each species, with special reference to its relation t by Walter Bradford Barrows. Lansing: Michigan Agricultural College, 1912. url p. 420.
- Monitore zoologico italiano. [Siena]: Instituto anatomico della R. Università di Siena, [1890-1988] url p. 69.
- Monthly microscopical journal: transactions of the Royal Microscopical Society, and record of histological research at home and abroad. London, R. Hardwicke, 1869-1877. url p. 226.
- My garden, its plan and culture together with a general description of its geology, botany, and natural history, by Alfred Smee. .. Illustrated with one thousand two hundred and fifty engravings. London, Bell and Daldy, 1872. url p. 540.
- My life as a naturalist, by W. Percival Westell. London, Cecil Palmer and Hayward[c1918] url p. 85.
- Natural history: its rise and progress in Britain as developed in the life and labours of leading naturalists / by H. Alleyne Nicholson. Edinburgh: W. & R. Chambers, 1886. url p. 50.
- Nature. London, etc., Macmillan Journals Ltd., etc. url p. 110, p. 14, p. 15, p. 175, p. 266, p. 278, p. 303, p. 421, p. 454, p. 487, p. 541.
- Notes on sport and ornithology, by his imperial and royal highness the late crown prince Rudolph of Austria. Tr with the author's permission, by C. G. Danford. London, Gurney and Jackson, 1889. url p. 621.
- Notes on the Kuril Islands. By Captain H. J. Snow. London, J. Murray, 1897. url p. 36.
- Notes on the birds of Herefordshire, contributed by members of the Woolhope Club. Collected and arranged by the late Henry Graves Bull.
- Notes on the birds of Northamptonshire and neighbourhood / Lord Lilford; illustrated by A. Thorburn and G.E. Lodge. London: Porter, 1895. url p. 216, p. 216.
- Notes on the birds of Rainham, including the district between Chatham and Sittingbourne. London, Curney & Jackson, 1894. url p. 42.
- On the fauna and flora of the west of Scotland. Meeting at Glasgow, September, 1876. Glasgow, Blackie, 1876 url p. 9.
- On the morphology of the duck and the auk tribes / [S.l.: s.n.], 1890. url p. 13.
- Oologia neerlandica: eggs of birds breeding in the Netherlands / by A.A. van Pelt Lechner. The Hague: Nijhoff, 1910-1913 [i.e. 1911-1913]. url p. 42, p. 9.
- Ootheca Wolleyana: an illustrated catalogue of the collection of birds' eggs, begun by the late John Wolley, jun.. .. and continued with additions, by the editor, Alfred Newton. .. London, sold by R. H. Porter, 1864-1907. url p. 506, p. 507, p. 508, p. 509, p. 510, p. 511, p. 512, p. 664.
- Ornithological & other oddities, Frank Finn. .. late deputy superintendent of the Indian museum, Calcutta; with fifty-six illustrations reproduced from photographs. London, J. Lane1907. url p. 14.
- Ornithological bibliography. [Washington: Geological Survey [etc.], 1878-1880. url p. 602, p. 604.
- Ornithologisches Centralblatt. Leipzig: L.A. Kittler, 1876-82. url p. 10, p. 106, p. 109, p. 111, p. 13, p. 154, p. 20.
- Ornithology and oo?logy of New England: containing full descriptions of the birds of New England, and adjoining states and provinces. .. by Edward A. Samuels. Boston, Nichols and Noyes, 1867. url p. 357.
- Ornithology and oölogy of New England: containing full descriptions of the birds of New England, and adjoining states and provinces. .. by Edward A. Samuels. Boston: Nichols and Noyes, 1867. url p. 357.
- Our country's birds and how to know them. A guide to all the birds of Great Britain. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent[1892?] url , , , .
- Our native birds of song and beauty, being a complete history of all the songbirds, flycatchers, hummingbirds, swifts, goatsuckers, woodpeckers, kingfishers, trogons, cuckoos, and parrots, of North America. Milwaukee, G. Brumder, 1893-96. url .
- Our northern and eastern birds. Containing descriptions of the birds of the northern and eastern states and British provinces; together with a history of their habits, times of arrival and departure, their distribution, food, song, New York, R. Worthington, 1883. url .
- Our resident birds and how to know them / E.F.M. Elms. London: T. Butterworth,  url p. 47.
- Pacific coast avifauna / Cooper Ornithnological Club of California. Santa Clara, Calif.: The Club, 1900-1974. url p. 11, p. 11.
- Parental care and its evolution in birds. Urbana, University of Illinois Press, 1952. url p. 320.
- Photography for bird-lovers: a practical guide / by Bentley Beetham. London: Witherby, 1911. url p. 6.
- Popular science monthly. New York: D. Appleton, 1872-1950. url p. 140.
- Postilla. 1968 New Haven, Conn.: Peabody Museum of Natural History, [1950?]-c2004. url p. 29.
- Pre-historic times, as illustrated by ancient remains and the manners and customs of modern savages, by Sir John Lubbock, bart. New York, D. Appleton and company, 1892. url p. 205.
- Proceedings of the Bristol Naturalists' Society. Bristol: The Society, 1863-1912. url p. 370.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences. San Francisco, The Academy. url p. 539, p. 542.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 167.
- Proceedings of the International Ornithological Congress. [Canberra, etc.]Australian Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 559, p. 560, p. 576.
- Proceedings of the Natural History Society of Glasgow. Glasgow, Natural History Society of Glasgow. url , , p. 117, p. 163, p. 18, p. 255, p. 292, p. 296, p. 66.
- Proceedings of the Royal Physical Society of Edinburgh. Edinburgh: The Society, 1858-1955 url p. 402.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 167, p. 181, p. 19, p. 293, p. 302, p. 320, p. 321, p. 412, p. 457, p. 572, p. 62, p. 624, p. 63, p. 70.
- Rambles of a naturalist in Egypt & other countries. With an analysis of the claims of certain foreign birds to be considered British, and other ornithological notes. London, Jarrold[1876?] url .
- Reliquiae aquitanicae: being contributions to the archaeology and palaeontology of Pèrigord and the adjoining provinces of Southern France / ed. by Thomas Rupert Jones, 1865-75. London: Williams, 1875. url p. 246.
- Report of the Geological Survey of Ohio. Columbus, Nevins & Myers, state printers, 1873-93. url , , .
- Reports of explorations and surveys, to ascertain the most practicable and economical route for a railroad from the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean. Washington, A. O. P. Nicholson, printer [etc.]1855-60. url .
- Reptiles and birds, a popular account of their various orders: with a description of the habits and economy of the most interesting / by Louis Figuier; edited and adapted by Parker Gillmore. New York: D. Appleton, 1870. url p. 507.
- Reptiles and birds. A popular account of the various orders; with a description of the habits and economy of the most interesting. Springfield, Mass., W. J. Holland & co. [pref.1869] url p. 507.
- Reptiles and birds: a popular account of their various orders, with a description of the habits and economy of the most interesting / from the French of Louis Figuier; with 307 illustrations. London: Cassell & Co., [between 1883 and 1900]. url p. 479.
- Revue méthodique et critique des collections déposées dans cet établissement. Leyden, Rijksmuseum van Natuurlijke Historie. url p. 13, p. 17, p. 18, p. 24, p. 270, p. 6.
- Rough notes and memoranda relating to the natural history of the Bermudas, London, R.H. Porter, 1897. url .
- Rural bird life: being essays on ornithology with instructions for preserving objects relating to that science / by Charles Dixon; with forty-five illustrations and a preface by Elliott Coues. Boston: Estes and Lauriat, c1880. url .
- Science progress in the twentieth century: a quarterly journal of scientific work & thought. London: John Murray, 1906-1916. url p. 269.
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 63.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 144 1962 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 25, p. 98.
- Some Chinese vertebrates. .. With six plates. Cambridge, U.S.A., Printed for the Museum, 1912. url p. 197.
- Special papers / Ohio Academy of Sciences. Columbus, Ohio: The Academy, 1899-1929. url p. 128.
- Special scientific report--wildlife / U.S. Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service, 1949- url p. 274, p. 277, p. 281, p. 313, p. 315, p. 317, p. 318, p. 320, p. 354, p. 368, p. 384, p. 402, p. 547, p. 552, p. 569, p. 593, p. 594, p. 596, p. 90.
- Spixiana. 2 1979 München: Zoologische Staatssammlung München, 1977- url p. 204, p. 44.
- Stray feathers. Journal of ornithology for India and its dependencies. Calcutta: s.n., 1872-1899. url p. 100, p. 105, p. 125, p. 156, p. 340, p. 423, p. 71, p. 82, p. 89, p. 90, p. 92.
- Studies in bird migration, London, Gurney and Jackson; [etc., etc.]1912. url .
- Studies in bird migration, by William Eagle Clarke. .. with maps, weather charts, and other illustrations. .. London, Gurney and Jackson; [etc., etc.]1912. url p. 331, p. 50.
- Summary narrative of an exploratory expedition to the sources of the Mississippi River, in 1820: resumed and completed, by the discovery of its origin in Itasca Lake, in 1832. By authority of the United States. With appendices, comprising. .. all of the official reports and scientific papers of b By Henry R. Schoolcraft. Philadelphia, Lippincott, Grambo, and co., 1855. url p. 414.
- Territory in bird life / by H. Eliot Howard; with illustrations by G.E. Lodge, and H. Grönvold. London: Murray, 1920. url .
- Territory in bird life, by H. Eliot Howard, with illustrations by G. E. Lodge and H. Grönvold. New York, E. P. Dutton, 1920. url .
- The American farmer's encyclopedia: embracing all the recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, and the use of mineral, vegetable and animal manures, with descriptions and figures of American insects, injurious to vegetation. Being by Gouverneur Emerson, of Pennsylvania, upon the basis of Johnson's Farmer's encyclopedia. New York: A.O. Moore, Agricultural Book Publisher, 1858, [c1857] url p. 366.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia; embracing all the recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, New York, A. O. Moore, 1858. url p. 366.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 12, p. 143, p. 148, p. 155, p. 181, p. 182, p. 199, p. 210, p. 25, p. 268, p. 43, p. 70, p. 73, p. 75, p. 95.
- The Auk. Washington, D.C.: American Ornithologists' Union, etc., 1884- url p. 117, p. 125, p. 196, p. 253, p. 330, p. 609, p. 71.
- The Avicultural magazine. Ascot, Berkshire, etc.: Avicultural Society, etc. url p. 198, p. 240.
- The Biological bulletin. Woods Hole, Mass.: Marine Biological Laboratory, url p. 321.
- The British bird book: an account of all the birds, nests and eggs found in the British Isles / ed. by F.B. Kirkman. Illustrated by two hundred drawings and numerous photographs. London: T.C. & E.C. Jack, 1910-13. url .
- The Bulletin of zoological nomenclature. London, International Trust for Zoological Nomenclature. url p. 29, p. 328.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 142, p. 199, p. 413, p. 465, p. 473.
- The Canadian journal of industry, science and art. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1856-1867. url p. 311.
- The Coues check list of North American birds. Boston, Estes and Lauriat, 1882. url p. 57.
- The Entomologist's monthly magazine. Oxford [etc.]Entomologist's Monthly Magazine Ltd. [etc.] url p. 51.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 384.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 182.
- The Glasgow naturalist. Glasgow, Andersonian Naturalists of Glasgow. url p. 134, p. 141, p. 4.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 58 1998 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 291.
- The Ibis. [London]: Published for the British Ornithologists' Union by Academic Press. url p. 277.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url , , p. 139, p. 152, p. 216, p. 316, p. 58.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 434.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url p. 108, p. 176, p. 686.
- The Journal of the College of Science, Imperial University of Tokyo, Japan = Tokyo Teikoku Daigaku kiyo. Rika. Tokyo, Japan: The University, 1898-1925. url p. 112.
- The Marine Mammal Commission compendium of selected treaties, international agreements, and other relevant documents on marine resources, wildlife, and the environment / compiled by Richard L. Wallace. Washington, D.C.: The Commission; 1994 url p. 691.
- The Naturalist. 1893 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 121, p. 123, p. 127, p. 136, p. 137, p. 169, p. 186, p. 187, p. 197, p. 206, p. 292, p. 297, p. 318, p. 359, p. 41, p. 49, p. 95.
- The New Forest: its history and its scenery / by John R. Wise; with 63 illustrations by Walter Crane; engraved by W.J. Linton. London: Gibbings, 1895. url p. 308.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 148.
- The Riverside natural history. Boston and New York, Houghton, Mifflin and company[c1888] url p. 526.
- The Scottish naturalist. Arbroath [etc.]T. Buncle & Co. [etc.] url , p. 110, p. 116, p. 136, p. 238.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 152.
- The Victoria history of Berkshire. edited by P.H. Ditchfield and William Page. [LondonConstable]1906-1923 url p. 150.
- The Victoria history of the County of Hertford / edited by William Page. London: Published for the University of London, Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall,  url .
- The Victoria history of the county of Warwick. London: Published for the University of London Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall, 1965- url p. 196.
- The Warbler. Floral Park: Mayflower Pub. Co., [1903-1913] url p. 24.
- The Wilson bulletin. Columbus, Ohio: Wilson Ornithological Society, 1894- url p. 143.
- The balance of nature and modern conditions of cultivation: a practical manual of animal foes and friends for the country gentleman, the farmer, the forester, the gardener, and the sportsman / by George Abbey. London: E.P. Dutton, 1909. url p. 53.
- The biology of the seasons, by J. Arthur Thomson. Fourth impression, illustrated by William Smith. London, A. Melrose, 1915. url p. 174.
- The bird-life of London / by Charles Dixon, with illustrations in colour and black and white. London: W. Heinemann, 1909. url p. 331.
- The birds of Ayrshire and Wigtownshire / by Robert Gray and Thomas Anderson; with a lithographic illustration. Glasgow: Thomas Murray and Son, 1869. url p. 26.
- The birds of Berkshire and Buckinghamshire: a contribution to the natural history of the two counties / by Alexander W. M. Clark Kennedy. Eton: Ingalton and Drake; 1868. url p. 39.
- The birds of Berwickshire; with remarks on their local distribution migration, and habits, and also on the folk-lore, proverbs, popular rhymes and sayings connected with them, by George Muirhead. .. Edinburgh, David Douglas, 1889-95. url p. 210, p. 381.
- The birds of Breconshire / by E. Cambridge Phillips. .. Brecon [Eng.]: E. Davies, 1899. url p. 33.
- The birds of Britain: their distribution and habits / Cambridge [England]: Cambridge University Press, 1916. url .
- The birds of Celebes and the neighbouring islands / A.B. Meyer and L.W. Wiglesworth. Berlin: R. Friedländer, 1898. url p. 113, p. 114.
- The birds of Devon / 1892 London: R.H. Porter, 1892. url p. 91.
- The birds of Devonshire / by William E.H. Pidsley; edited by H.A. Macpherson, with map and coloured plate. London: Gibbings, 1891. url p. 53.
- The birds of Dorsetshire; a contribution to the natural history of the county, by J.C. Mansel-Pleydell. .. London, R.H. Porter; [etc., etc., 1888?] url p. 53, p. 53.
- The birds of Essex: a contribution to the natural history of the country. By Miller Christy, F.L.S. With 162 woodcut illustrations, two plans, and a frontispiece. Chelmsford, E. Durrant & Co.; [etc., etc.]1890. url p. 133.
- The birds of Guernsey: and the neighboring islands Alderney, Sark, Jethou, Herm; being a small contribution to the ornithology of the Channel Islands / by Cecil Smith. London: R. H. Porter, 1879. url p. 89, p. 89.
- The birds of India: being a natural history of all the birds known to inhabit continental India, with descriptions of the species, genera, families, tribes, and orders, and a brief notice of such families as are not foun Calcutta: Printed for the Author by the Military Orphan Press. .., 1862-1864. url p. 295.
- The birds of London / London: Sonnenschein, 1893. url p. 52.
- The birds of Middlesex. A contribution to the natural history of the county. By James Edmund Harting, F.Z.S. London, J. Van Voorst, 1866. url p. 95, p. 95.
- The birds of New England / by Edward A. Samuels. Boston: Noyes, Holmes, 1870, c1867. url p. 357.
- The birds of New England and adjacent states: . .. arranged by a long-approved classification and nomenclature. .. with illustrations of many species of the birds, accurate figures of their nests and eggs / Boston: Noyes, Holmes, and Co., 1875. url p. 357.
- The birds of Norfolk, with remarks on their habits, migration, and local distribution: by Henry Stevenson. London: J. Van Voorst, 1866-1890. url p. 258, p. lviii.
- The birds of Norfolk: with remarks on their habits, migration, and local distribution / by Henry Stevenson. London: J. Van Voorst, 1866-1890. url , p. 258.
- The birds of North and Middle America: a descriptive catalogue of the higher groups, genera, species, and subspecies of birds known to occur in North America, from the Arctic lands to the Isthmus of Panama, the West Indies and other island Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1901- url .
- The birds of Ohio; a revised catalogue, [Columbus?]Academy of Science, 1903. url .
- The birds of Pembrokeshire and its islands / by Murray A. Mathew. London [England]: R.H. Porter, 1894. url p. 34.
- The birds of Shakespeare; London, J. Van Voorst, 1871. url .
- The birds of Shakespeare; critically examined, explained, and illustrated by James Edmund Harting. London: J. Van Voorst, 1871. url p. 110.
- The birds of Sherwood Forest: with notes on their habits, nesting, migrations, etc., being a contribution to the natural history of the country / by W.J. Sterland; with four illustrations by the author. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1869. url p. 129.
- The birds of Somersetshire. London: John van Voorst, 1869. url p. 224, p. 224.
- The birds of Sussex, London, R.H. Porter, 1891. url .
- The birds of Sussex, by William Borrer. London, R.H. Porter, 1891. url p. 150.
- The birds of Wiltshire. Comprising all the periodical and occasional visitants, as well as those which are indigenous to the county. By the Rev. Alfred Charles Smith. .. Devizes, H.F. Bull, 1887. url .
- The birds of Yorkshire: being a historical account of the avi-fauna of the county / by T. H. Nelson; with the co-operation of W. Eagle Clarke and F. Boyes. London: A. Brown, 1907. url p. 240, p. 242.
- The birds of east Pennsylvania and New Jersey / by William P. Turnbull. Philadelphia: H. Grambo & Co., 1869. url p. 25.
- The birds of our country. London, Digby, Long & Co., 1898. url p. 78.
- The birds of our country. With illus. by A. Thorburn, J. Giacomelli, G.E. Lodge, K. Keyl, and R. Kretschmer. London, Digby, Long, 1897. url p. 78.
- The birds of the Chicago area, by Frank Morley Woodruff. .. [Chicago, Printed by Jennings and Graham]1907. url p. 121.
- The birds of the Japanese Empire. London, R. H. Porter, 1890. url , p. 16, p. 96, p. 98.
- The condor. Santa Clara, Calif.: Cooper Ornithological Club, [1900- url p. 57.
- The descent of man, and selection in relation to sex. London, J. Murray, 1890. url p. 408, p. 640.
- The descent of man: and selection in relation to sex / New York: P. F. Collier, 1902. url , .
- The determination of generic types: and a list of roundworm genera, with their original and type species / by Ch. Wardell Stiles and Albert Hassall. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Bureau of Animal Industry, 1905. url p. 51.
- The eggs of European birds / by Francis C.R. Jourdain. London: R.H. Porter, 1906. url , p. 9.
- The evolution of bird-song, with observations on the influence of heredity and limitation; by Charles A. Witchell. London, A. and C. Black, 1896. url p. 93, p. 93.
- The evolution of bird-song: with observations on the influence of heredity and limitation / by Charles A. Witchell. London: A. and C. Black, 1896. url p. 93.
- The farmer's and planter's encyclopædia of rural affairs; Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott & co., 1868. url p. 366.
- The fauna of British India, including Ceylon and Burma. By E. C. Stuart Baker. London, Taylor & Francis;1922-30. url p. 24.
- The feathered tribes of the British Islands / by Robert Mudie. London: H.G. Bohn, 1854. url p. 432.
- The flora of Harrow: by J. Cosmo Melvill. Harrow, Green and Co.;1876. url p. 147.
- The fundus oculi of birds, especially as viewed by the ophthalmoscope; a study in the comparative anatomy and physiology, by Casey Albert Wood. Illustrated by 145 drawings in the text; also by sixty-one colored paintings prepared for this work by Arthur W. Head. .. Chicago, The Lakeside Press, 1917. url p. 110.
- The geographical distribution of animals: with a study of the relations of living and extinct faunas as elucidating the past changes of the earth's surface / by Alfred Russel Wallace; in two volumes; with maps and illustrations. New York: Harper and Brothers, Publishers, 1876. url p. 215.
- The geology of Arran and the other Clyde islands with an account of the botany, natural history, and antiquities, notices of the scenery and an itinerary of the routes, by James Bryce. .. GlasgowW. Collins, sons, and company, 1872. url p. 301.
- The gun; afield & afloat. London, Chapman, 1904. url p. 301.
- The history of Glanville's Wootton, in the County of dorset, including its zoology and botany / by C.W. Dale. London, Hatchards, 1878. url p. 34.
- The land birds in and around St. Andrews: including a condensed history of the British land birds, with extracts from the poets and observations and anecdotes on natural history / by George Bruce. Dundee [Scotland]: John Leng & Co., 1895. url p. 449, p. 451, p. 453, p. 455.
- The making of species, London, J. Lane Company, 1909. url , .
- The making of species, by Douglas Dewar and Frank Finn. London, J. Lane, 1909. url p. 123, p. 255, p. 391.
- The migration of British birds, including their post-glacial emigrations as traced by the application of a new law of disperal being a contribution to the study of migration, geographical distribution, and insular faunas, by Charles Dixon. London, Chapman and Hann, 1895. url p. 132, p. 144, p. 313.
- The migration of birds: an attempt to reduce avian season-flight to law / by Charles Dixon. London: Chapman and Hall, 1892. url p. 234, p. 293.
- The myology of the raven (Corvus corax sinuatus.) A guide to the study of the muscular system in birds. By R. W. Shufeldt. London, Macmillan and co., 1890. url p. 322.
- The natural history and antiquities of Selborne, in the county of Southampton / by the Rev. Gilbert White London: Swan Sonnenschein, 1888 url .
- The natural history of animals: the animal life of the world in its various aspects and relations, London, The Gresham Publishing Company, 1903-04. url .
- The natural history of cage birds, their management, habits, food, diseases, treatment, breeding, and the methods of catching them. London, H.J. Drane url p. 39.
- The naturalist in Siluria (Herefordshire, Radnorshire, Brecknockshire and Glamorganshire). By Captain Mayne Reid. .. Philadelphia, Gebbie & Co., 1890. url p. 79, p. 82, p. 84.
- The naturalist in Siluria. London, S. Sonnenschein, 1889. url , , , .
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url , p. 114, p. 147, p. 148, p. 155, p. 156, p. 160, p. 169, p. 201, p. 216, p. 249, p. 261, p. 261, p. 291, p. 30, p. 329, p. 341, p. 359.
- The nests and eggs of British birds: when and where to find them: being a handbook to the oology of the British Islands / by Charles Dixon. London: Chapman and Hall, 1894. url p. 3, p. 368.
- The nests and eggs of Indian birds / Allan O. Hume. London: R. H. Porter, 1889-1890. url p. 4, p. 4.
- The nests and eggs of Indian birds. London, R. H. Porter, 1889-90. url .
- The ornithological works of Arthur, ninth Marquis of Tweeddale / edited and revised by Robert G. Wardlaw Ramsay; together with a biographical sketch of the author by William Howard Russell. London: Taylor and Francis, 1881. url p. 175.
- The ornithology of Illinois / [by Robert Ridgway and S.A. Forbes]. Springfield, Ill., H.W. Rokker, printer, 1889-1895. url p. 331.
- The ornithology of Illinois. Part I. Descriptive catalogue. By Robert Ridgway. Part II. Economic ornithology. By S. A. Forbes. Pub. by the authority of the state Legislature. Springfield, Ill., H. W. Rokker, printer, 1889-95. url p. 331, p. 331.
- The ornithology of the Straits of Gibraltar / by L. Howard L. Irby. London: R.H. Porter, 1895. url p. 86.
- The sportsman's British bird book / by R. Lydekker. London: Rowland Ward, 1908. url p. 588.
- The standard natural history. Ed. by John Sterling Kingsley. Boston, S.E. Cassino and company, 1884-85. url p. 526.
- The variation of animals and plants under domestication, by Charles Darwin. London, J. Murray, 1893. url p. 72.
- The vertebrate fauna of Cheshire and Liverpool Bay / London: Witherby, 1910. url p. 244, p. 245.
- The world's birds a simple and popular classification of the birds of the world, by Frank Finn. With over 50 illustrations from photographs (mostly taken from living specimens) and outline figures in the text. London, Hutchinson & co., 1908. url p. 103, p. 103.
- Through Shên-kan: the account of the Clark expedition in north China, 1908-9 / By Robert Sterling Clark and Arthur de C. Sowerby, ed. by Major C. H. Chepmell. London [etc.]: T. F. Unwin, 1912. url p. 96.
- Through Shên-kan; the account of the Clark expedition in north China, 1908-9. By Robert Sterling Clark and Arthur de C. Sowerby, ed. by Major C. H. Chepmell. London [etc.]T. F. Unwin, 1912. url p. 96.
- Through the fields with Linnæus; a chapter in Swedish history, by Mrs. Florence Caddy. London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1887. url p. 256.
- Transactions and journal of proceedings / Dumfriesshire and Galloway Natural History & Antiquarian Society. Dumfries: Council of the Society, url p. 271.
- Transactions of the Academy of Science of St. Louis. [St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis], 1860-1958. url p. 147, p. 147, p. 147, p. 33, p. 33, p. 33, p. 36, p. 36, p. 36.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Field Naturalists' and Microscopical Society. [Edinburgh]: The Club, 1891- url p. 456.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Naturalists' Field Club. Edinburgh: The Club, 1886. url p. 291, p. 291, p. 294.
- Transactions of the Essex Field Club. Buckhurst Hill, Essex: The Club, 1880-1886. url p. 24.
- Transactions of the Hertfordshire Natural History Society and Field Club. London: Gurney & Jackson, 1879- url p. 164, p. 76, p. 90.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London. London: [The Society], 1879- url p. 106, p. 151.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Newcastle-upon-Tyne [et al.]F. & W. Dodsworth [et al.]1865/67-1973. url p. 297, p. 32, p. 35.
- Transactions of the Shropshire Archaeological and Natural History Society. Shrewsbury [etc.]Shropshire Archaeological and Natural History Society, 1878-1921. url .
- Transactions of the Watford Natural History Society and Hertfordshire Field Club. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1875-1880. url p. 31.
- Turner on birds: a short and succinct history of the principal birds noticed by Pliny and Aristotle first published by Doctor William Turner, 1544. Ed. with introduction, translation, notes, and appendix, by A. H. Evans. Cambridge, University press, 1903. url , , p. 65, p. 65.
- Turner on birds; a short and succinct history of the principal birds notices by Pliny and Artistotle, Cambridge, University press, 1903. url p. 65.
- Wild life in China, or, Chats on Chinese birds and beasts / by George Lanning. Shanghai: "The National Review", 1911. url p. 22.
- Wild life in Wales, by George Bolam. London: F. Palmer,  url p. 189.
- Wilson's American ornithology, with notes by Jardine. To which is added a synopsis of American birds, including those described by Bonaparte, Audubon, Nuttall, and Richardson, by T.M. Brewer. New York, T.L. Magagnos, 1854. url .
- Zoologische Jahrbücher. Abteilung für Anatomie und Ontogenie der Tiere Jena [Germany]:G. Fischer, c -1993. url p. 162, p. 163, p. 164, p. 165, p. 167, p. 171, p. 172, p. 228, p. 255.
- Zoologische Jahrbücher. Jena [Germany]: G. Fischer, 1910-1993. url p. 302, p. 334.
- [Ornithological papers] 1876-84. url p. 331, p. 547, p. 547, p. 6.
- BirdLife International 2009. Corvus corone. In: IUCN 2011. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. <www.iucnredlist.org>. Downloadedon 31January2012.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed April 30, 2012.
- IUCN 2012. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. . Downloaded on January 28, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 12, 2007:
- Biologiezentrum der Oberoesterreichischen Landesmuseen, Biologiezentrum Linz
- Canadian Biodiversity Information Facility, Provincial Museum of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada. Birds
- Marine Science Institute, UCSB, Paleobiology Database
- Museum of Vertebrate Zoology, Terrestrial vertebrate specimens
- Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History, Santa Barbara Musem of Natural History
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Environment and Heritage Service - EHS Species Datasets
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Herts Bird Club - Hertfordshire Breeding Bird Atlas : 1988-1992
- University of Michigan Museum of Zoology
- , Bird specimens
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 4022
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-559494
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 3085810
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 559494
- IUCN ID: 202167
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 136301