- Chatton, 1925
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- A.M.A. Aguinaldo et al., 1997 ex T. Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Latreille, 1829
- Zrzavý et al., 1997
- Latreille, 1802
- Latreille, 1825
- Latreille, 1825
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- Fabricius, 1793
- Haliday, 1836
- Order: Hemiptera () - Linnaeus, 1758
- Superorder: Condylognatha () - Haliday, 1836
- Infraclass: Pterygota () - Fabricius, 1793
- Subclass: Dicondylia ()
- Class: Insecta () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - Insects
- Epiclass: Hexapoda () - Latreille, 1825
- Superclass: Hexapoda () - Latreille, 1825
- Infraphylum: Atelocerata () - Latreille, 1802
- Subphylum: Pancrustacea () - Zrzavý et al., 1997
- Phylum: Arthropoda () - Latreille, 1829 - Arthropods
- Superphylum: Panarthropoda () - Cuvier
- Infrakingdom: Ecdysozoa () - A.M.A. Aguinaldo et al., 1997 ex T. Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Protostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - Animals
Members of the genus Coccus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 9 species and subspecies in this genus:
C. capparidis (Capparis Soft Scale) · C. delottoi (Delotto Iceplant Scale) · C. hesperidum (Brown Soft Scale) · C. hesperidum hesperidum (Brown Soft Scale) · C. longulus (Long Brown Scale) · C. moestus (Moestus Soft Scale) · C. pseudohesperidum (Orchid Soft Scale) · C. pseudomagnoliarum (Grey Citrus Scale) · C. viridis (Green Coffee Scale)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A catalogue of the Coccidæ of the world. [By] Mrs. Maria E. Fernald, A.M. Amherst, Mass., Carpenter & Morehouse, 1903. url p. 62, p. 63.
- A complete dictionary of practical gardening: comprehending all the modern improvements in the art: whether in the raising of the various esculent vegetables, or in the forcing and managing of different sorts of fruits and plants, and that of la by Alexander McDonald. .. London: Printed for George Kearsley. .. by R. Taylor. .., 1807. url .
- A description and history of vegetable substances, used in the arts, and in domestic economy LondonC. Knight1829 url p. 19.
- A dictionary of popular names of the plants which furnish the natural and acquired wants of man, in all matters of domestic and general economy. Their history, products, & uses, by John Smith. London, Macmillan, 1882. url p. 292.
- An account of the insects noxious to agriculture and plants in New Zealand. by W.M. Maskell. Wellington, N.Z.: [State Forests and Agricultural Dept.], 1887. url p. 6.
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. .. by George M. Gould. 5th ed., with additions and corrections. PhiladelphiaP. Blakiston's Son1907 url p. 641.
- An illustrated dictionary of scientific terms. New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons, pref. 1878. url p. 189.
- Animate creation: popular edition of "Our living world": a natural history / by the Rev. J.G. Wood. New York: Selmar Hess, c1898. url p. 430.
- Animate creation; popular edition of "Our Living World" a natural history, by the Rev. J. G. Wood. Revised and adapted to American zoology, by Joseph B. Holder. New York, S. Hess url p. 430.
- Arboretum et fruticetum Britannicum; or, The trees and shrubs of Britain, native and foreign, hardy and half-hardy, pictorially and botanically delineated, and scientifically and popularly described; with their propagation, culture, mana London, Henry G. Bohn, 1854. url p. 1726.
- Arboretum et fruticetum britannicum; or, The trees and shrubs of Britain, native and foreign, hardy and half-hardy, pictorially and botanically delineated, and scientifically and popularly described; with their propagation, culture, mana London, Henry G. Bohn, 1854. url p. 1726, p. 1726.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 107, p. 229, p. 322, p. 93.
- Bulletin / Hatch Experiment Station of the Massachusetts Agricultural College. [S.l.: s.n.], 1888- url p. 62, p. 63.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 832, p. 859.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 832, p. 859.
- Catalogue of the collection to illustrate the animal resources and the fisheries of the United States, exhibited at Philadelphia in 1876 by the Smithsonian Institution and the United States Fish Commission, and forming a part of the United States National Museum. Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1879. url p. 229, p. 322.
- Chemistry of animal bodies. By Thomas Thomson. .. Edinburgh, A. and C. Black; [etc., etc.]1843. url p. 161.
- Classification of the collection to illustrate the animal resources of the United States. A list of substances derived from the animal kingdom, with synopsis of the useful and injurious animals and a classification to the methods of capture and utilization. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1876. url , .
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 14 1910-1912 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 315.
- Contributions to North American ichthyology. Based primarily on the collections of the United States National Museum. Washington: Govt. print. off., 1877-78. url p. 229, p. 322.
- Conversations on nature and art. Philadelphia: Lea & Blanchard, 1839. url p. 176.
- Curious facts in the history of insects; including spiders and scorpions. A complete collection of the legends, superstitions, beliefs, and ominous signs connected with insects; together with their uses in medicine, art, and as food; and a s By Frank Cowan. Philadelphia, J.B. Lippincott & Co., 1865. url p. 259, p. 259, p. 262, p. 262.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops, New York, The Macmillan company, 1922. url p. 269, p. 677.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops, a popular survey of crops and crop-making methods in the United States and Canada; New York, The Macmillan company, 1922. url .
- Cyclopedia of farm crops: a popular survey of crops and crop-making methods in the United States and Canada / edited by L.H. Bailey. New York: Macmillan, 1922, c1907. url p. 269, p. 677.
- Dictionary of arts, manufactures, and mines containing a clear exposition of their principles and practice by Robert Hunt, assisted by F.W. Rudler. London, Longmans, 1875-78. url p. 15.
- Edinburgh encyclopaedia, conducted by David Brewster. .. with the assistance of gentlemen eminent in science and literature. Edinburgh, Blackwood, 1830. url p. 281.
- Einleitung in die Entomologie: oder Elemente der Naturgeschichte der Insecten / Von Wilhelm Kirby und Wilhelm Spence. Stuttgart: Cottaischen Buchhandlung, 1823-1833. url p. 350, p. 569.
- Entomological news, and proceedings of the Entomological Section of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia[Entomological Rooms of the Academy of Natural Sciences] url p. 156, p. 317, p. 317.
- Essay on the trees and shrubs of the ancients: being the substance of four lectures delivered before the University of Oxford, intended to be supplementary to those on Roman husbandry, already published. By C. Daubeny. .. Oxford and London: J. H. & J. Parker, 1865. url p. 14.
- Forest culture and eucalyptus trees, San FranciscoCubery1876 url p. 239.
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 182.
- Historical and descriptive account of British India, from the most remote period to the present time New YorkJ. & J. Harper1832 url p. 109.
- History of vegetable substances used in the arts, in domestic economy, and for the food of man. Boston: Lilly, Wait, Colman and Holden, 1833. url p. 19.
- Home studies / by Rebecca A. Upton. Boston: Crosby, Nichols; 1856. url p. 151.
- Irish gardening. Dublin: Pub. Office, 1906-1922 url p. 144.
- J.M. Nickell's botanical ready reference: especially designed for druggists and physicians: containing all of the botanical drugs known up to the present time, giving their medical properties, and all of their botanical, common, pharmacopoea compiled by J. M. Nickell. Chicago: Murray & Nickell Mfg. Co., 1911. url p. 152.
- Journal of the New York Botanical Garden. 42 1941 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., 1900- url p. 73.
- Laboratory technique in biology and medicine. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1952. url p. 170, p. 130.
- Loudon's encyclopaedia of plants; comprising the specific character, description, culture, history, application in the arts, and every other desirable particular respecting all the plants indigenous to, cultivated in, or introduced in Edited by Mrs. Loudon, assisted by George Don and David Wooster. London, Longmans, Green, 1866. url p. 797.
- Monograph of the British aphides. .. By George Bowdler Buckton. .. London, Printed for the Ray Society, 1876-83. url p. 22.
- Natural history. A manual of zoölogy for schools, colleges, and the general reader / By Sanborn Tenney. New York: Scribner, Armstrong & co., c1872. url .
- Natural history: a manual of zoology for schools, colleges, and the general reader / by Sanborn Tenney. New York: Charles Scribner & Co., 1865. url p. 440.
- Nature. London, Macmillan. url p. 534.
- Our living world; an artistic edition of the Rev. J. G. Wood's Natural history of animate creation. New York: S. Hess,  url p. 430.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 270, p. 270.
- Report of the Commissioner of Patents for the year 1855. Washington [D.C.]:C. Wendell, 1856. url .
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 309.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation with indications of their native countries and some of their uses / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: R. S. Brain, govt. printer, 1895. url p. 445.
- Select extra-tropical plants, readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation, with indications of their native countries and some of their uses. By Baron Ferd. von Mueller. .. Sydney, T. Richards, government printer, 1881. url p. 277.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 13 1876 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 107, p. 229, p. 322, p. 93.
- The British cyclopædia of natural history: combining a scientific classification of animals, plants, and minerals. .. By authors eminent in their particular department. Arranged and ed. by Charles F. Partington. London: Orr & Smith, 1835-37. url p. 21.
- The Bulletin of zoological nomenclature. London, International Trust for Zoological Nomenclature. url p. 147.
- The Entomologist's monthly magazine. Oxford [etc.]Entomologist's Monthly Magazine Ltd. [etc.] url p. 247, p. 41.
- The Gardener's monthly and horticultural advertiser. Philadelphia [Pa.: s.n.1859-1875] url p. 170.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society of London. London: Academic Press [etc.], 1865-1968. url p. 6, p. 7.
- The Philosophical transactions of the Royal society of London, from their commencement in 1665, in the year 1800. London, Printed by and for C. and R. Baldwin, 1809. url p. 26.
- The Victorian naturalist. [Melbourne]Field Naturalists Club of Victoria. url p. 137.
- The animal kingdom arranged in conformity with its organization / by the Baron Cuvier; the Crustacea, Arachnides and Insecta, by P.A. Latreille; translated from the French, with notes and additions, by H. M'Murtrie; in four volumes, with plates. New York: G. & C. & H. Carvill, 1831. url p. 54.
- The gallery of nature and art; or, A tour through creation and science, LondonR. Wilks1818 url p. 398.
- The housekeeper and gardener / by Rebecca A. Upton. Boston: Crosby, Nichols; 1858. url p. 149.
- The insect world: being a popular account of the orders of insects, together with a description of the habits and economy of some of the most interesting species. LondonCassell1892 url p. 136.
- The insect world; being a popular account of the orders of insects, together with a description of the habits and economy of some of the most interesting species. From the French of Louis Figuier...Illustrated by 564 woodcuts. By MM. E. Blanchard, Delahaye, after Reaumur. etc. New York: D. Appleton, 1868. url p. 138, p. 139.
- The natural history of Pliny. London, H. G. Bohn, 1855-57. url , p. 326, p. 450.
- The natural history of Pliny. Tr., with copious notes and illustrations, by the late John Bostock and H. T. Riley. London, H. G. Bohn, 1855-57. url p. 326, p. 450, p. 483.
- The treasury of natural history; or, A popular dictionary of animated nature: in which the zoological characteristics that distinguish the different classes, genera, and species, are combined with a variety of interesting information illustrative of the habits, instincts, and g By Samuel Maunder. .. London, Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans, 1852. url p. 358.
- The tropical agriculturist. Colombo, Ceylon: A.M. & J. Ferguson, 1882- url p. 127.
- The utilization of minute life; being practical studies on insects, Crustacea, Moll sca, worms, polypes, Infusoria, and sponges. By Dr. T. L. Phipson. London, Groombridge, 1864. url p. 37, p. 40, p. 56, p. xii.
- Third American edition of the British encyclopedia, or Dictionary of arts and sciences: comprising an accurate and popular view of the present improved state of human knowledge / by William Nicholson. Philadelphia: Mitchell, Ames and White, 1818. url .
- Transactions and proceedings of the New Zealand Institute. Wellington: New Zealand Institute. url p. 17, p. 17, p. 83.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 16, 2012.