Typically found in the intertidal zone at the water's edge at a mean distance from sea level of -62 meters (-203 feet).
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- Infrakingdom: Lophotrochozoa ()
- Branch: Protostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Clymene torquatus Leidy
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 24-Jun-1996
Members of the genus Clymenella
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 0 species and subspecies in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... Catalogue of the marine Invertebrata of eastern Canada. By J. F. Whiteaves. .. Ottawa, Printed by S. E. Dawson, 1901. url p. 75.
- A biological survey of the waters of Woods Hole and vicinity / By Francis B. Sumner, Raymond C. Osburn, and Leon J. Cole. Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1913 url p. 119, p. 120, p. 121, p. 122, p. 125, p. 126, p. 294, p. 58, p. 629, p. 66, p. 68, p. 7, p. 841.
- A laboratory manual of invertebrate zoology / by Gilman A. Drew revised by James A. Dawson and Leonard P. Sayles. Philadelphia and London: W. B. Saunders company, 1936. url p. 101, p. 102, p. 14.
- A manual of the common invertebrate animals, exclusive of insects / by Henry Sherring Pratt. .. with over one thousand illustrations. Chicago: A.C. McClurg & Co., 1923. url p. 299, p. 46.
- A treatise on zoology / edited by E. Ray Lankester. London: A. & C. Black, 1900-1909. url p. 193, p. 326.
- A treatise on zoology London, A. and C. Black, 1900-1909 url p. 193, p. 326.
- A treatise on zoology. London, Adam and Charles Black, 1900-1909 url p. 193, p. 326.
- An annotated bibliography on the biological effects of constructing channels, jetties, and other coastal structures / by Julie C. Ford, Arthur K. Hurme, and Edward J. Pullen. Fort Belvoir, Va.: National Technical Information Service, Operations Division [distributor, 1983] url p. 30.
- Anatomischer Anzeiger. Jena: G. Fischer, 1886- url p. 64.
- Animals of the seashore, by Horace G. Richards. Boston, B. Humphries, inc.[c1938] url p. 122, p. 130, p. 268.
- Annual report of the Trustees of the State Museum of Natural History for the year. .. Albany, N.Y.: The Trustees, 1886-1889. url p. 153, p. 154, p. 155, p. 156, p. 156.
- Annual report on the New York State Museum of Natural History. Albany, Regents of the University of the State of New York. url p. 123, p. 125, p. 126.
- Biological lectures delivered at the Marine Biological Laboratory of Wood's Holl [sic]. Boston, Ginn & Co. url p. 55.
- Biological survey of the Mount Desert Region, conducted by William Procter... From the Mount Desert Island Biological Laboratory, Mount Desert Island, Maine. Philadelphia, The Wistar Institute of Anatomy and Biology, 1927-1946. url p. 134.
- Bulletin of the Bureau of Fisheries. Washington, D.C.: Govt. Print. Off., 1905-1950. url p. 120, p. 122, p. 1243, p. 126, p. 294, p. 58, p. 66, p. 68, p. 7, p. 71.
- Bulletins of American paleontology. 65 1975 Ithaca, N.Y., Paleontological Research Institution [etc.] url p. 137, p. 186, p. 651.
- Contributions to Canadian biology. Toronto, Biological Board of Canada. url p. 238, p. 268.
- Current bibliography for aquatic sciences and fisheries. London, Taylor & Francis ltd. url p. 141.
- Directory of Wetlands of International Importance. IUCN url p. 681.
- Ecological monitoring of a constructed intertidal flat at Jonesport, Me. / submitted to Regulatory Branch, New England District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; prepared by Gary L. Ray; submitted by U.S. Engineer Research and Development Center, Waterways Experiment Station, Concord, MA: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, New England District,  url , p. 36, p. 47, p. 52.
- Environmental benchmark studies in Casco Bay, Portland Harbor, Maine, April 1980 / Peter F. Larsen, Anne C. Johnson, and Lee F. Doggett. Woods Hole, Mass.: U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Marine Fisheries Service, Northeast Fisheries Center; 1983. url p. 138, p. 55.
- FWS/0BS. [Washington]Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. of the Interior. url p. 32, p. 72.
- Fishery bulletin / U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Marine Fisheries Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service: url , , p. 214, p. 219, p. 221, p. 465, p. 468, p. 471, p. 525.
- Fishery circular / U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Fisheries. [Washington]: The Bureau, 1931-1939. url p. 103.
- General embryological information service. Utrecht, Hubrecht Laboratory. url p. 113, p. 91, p. 96.
- Georges Bank benthic infauna monitoring program: final report for second year of sampling (July, 1982-May, 1983) / [Nancy Maciolek-Blake. .. et al.] Washington, D.C.: Prepared for U.S. Dept. of Interior, Minerals Management Service by Battelle New England Research Laboratory and Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, 1984. url , , , p. 91, p. 96.
- Goldfish breeds and other aquarium fishes, their care and propagation: a guide to freshwater and marine aquaria, their fauna, flora and management. With 280 explanatory illustrations, printed with the text / by Herman T. Wolf... Philadelphia: Innes & sons, [c1908] url p. 304.
- Guide to localities illustrating the geology, marine zoology, and botany of the vicinity of Boston. Ed. by A.W. Grabau and J.E. Woodman [Boston]A.A.A.S.1898 url p. 77.
- Handbook of protozoology, by Richard Roksabro Kudo...with one hundred and seventy-five illustrations. Springfield, Ill., C.C. Thomas, 1931. url p. 105, p. 426.
- Illinois biological monographs. Urbana, Univ. of Illinois Press. url p. 82.
- Implications of evolution. Oxford, Pergamon Press, 1960. url p. 123.
- Journal of morphology. Boston: Ginn & Co., [1887-1924] url , , p. 18, p. 228, p. 261, p. 262, p. 318.
- Keys to marine invertebrates of the Woods Hole region: a manual for the identification of the more common marine invertebrates / compiled by Ralph I. Smith with the assistance of many other contributors. Woods Hole, Mass.: Systematics-Ecology Program, Marine Biological Laboratory, 1964. url p. 114.
- List of marine invertebrata from the New England Coast: distributed by the U.S. Commission of Fish and Fisheries. Washington: The Institution, 1881 url p. 228.
- List of marine invertebrates, mainly from the New England coast, distributed by the United States National Museum. prepared by Richard Rathbun. Washington: United States National Museum, 1882 url p. 300.
- Marine and estuarine environments, organisms, and geology of the Cape Cod region; an indexed bibliography, 1665-1965 [by] Anne E. Yentsch [and others. Woods Hole, Mass., Systematics Ecology Program, Marine Biological Laboratory[c1966] url p. 125, p. 155, p. 36, p. 42, p. 67, p. 85, p. 86.
- Methods for obtaining and handling marine eggs and embryos [by] Donald P. Costello and Catherine Henley. Woods Hole, Mass., 1971. url p. 240, p. 71, p. vi.
- Monitoring surveys at the New London disposal site, August 1985-July 1986 / submitted to: Regulatory Branch, New England Division, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; submitted by: J.H. Parker, E.C. Revelas [of] Science Applications International Corporation. Waltham, MA: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, New England Division, 1989. url .
- Monitoring the marine environment of Long Island Sound at Millstone Nuclear Power Station, Waterford, Connecticut: three operational studies, 1986-1987 / [prepared by the Environmental Laboratory staff of Northeast Utilities Service Company]. Waterford, Connecticut: Northeast Utilities,  url p. 95.
- On the Annelida Chaetopoda of the Virginian coast, by H.E. Webster. .. n.p., 1879? url p. 58, p. 71.
- Patterns and problems of development [by] C.M. Child. .. Chicago, Ill., The University of Chicago Press url p. 787.
- Postilla. 1962 New Haven, Conn.: Peabody Museum of Natural History, [1950?]-c2004. url fig. 2 , , p. 3, p. 4, p. 4, p. 4, p. 5, p. 6.
- Proceedings of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. Boston: Metcalf and Co., 1846-1958 url p. 226, p. 547.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 244, p. 247, p. 249, p. 388, p. 390.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 124, p. 228, p. 294, p. 300, p. 549, p. 726.
- Protozoology, by Richard R. Kudo. .. With three hundred and thirty-six illustrations. Springfield, Ill., C.C. Thomas, 1946. url p. 256, p. 739.
- Protozoology, by Richard Roksabro Kudo... with two hundred and ninety-one illustrations. Springfield, Ill., Thomas[c1939] url p. 651.
- Protozoology. Springfield, Ill., C. C. Thomas url p. 323, p. 852, p. 927.
- Report of the Commissioner for. .. / United States Commission of Fish and Fisheries. Washington: G.P.O., 1874-1905. url p. 731, p. 731, p. 745, p. 746, p. 757, p. 865.
- Report of the State Entomologist to the Regents of the University of the State of New York. .. [Albany: University of the State of New York], 1884- url p. 157.
- Report on the conditions of the sea fisheries of the south coast of New England / United States Commission of Fish and Fisheries. Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1873. url p. 343, p. 365, p. 365, p. 465, p. 488, p. 490, p. 512, p. 512.
- Report upon the invertebrate animals of Vineyard Sound and adjacent waters: with an account of the physical features of the region / by A.E. Verrill and S.T. Smith. Washington: G.P.O., 1874. url p. 128, p. 194, p. 196, p. 314, p. 49, p. 71.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 60, p. 687.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 19 1878 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 228, p. 300, p. 486, p. 549, p. 636.
- Special scientific report. Seattle, National Marine Fisheries Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1949-1971. url p. 14, p. 14, p. 18, p. 24.
- Studies on gregarines, including descriptions of twenty-one new species and a synopsis of the eugregarine records from the Myriapoda, Coleoptera and Orthoptera of the world, with fifteen plates, by Minnie Elizabeth Watson. Urbana: University of Illinois, 1916 url p. 80, p. 82, p. 82.
- The American journal of science. ser. 3: v. 7 1874 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 132.
- The Biological bulletin. Woods Hole, Mass.: Marine Biological Laboratory, url , , , , , , , , , , , , , p. 100, p. 118, p. 129, p. 150, p. 160, p. 162, p. 177, p. 185, p. 188, p. 223, p. 226, p. 227, p. 247, p. 28, p. 298, p. 311, p. 328, p. 330, p. 331, p. 338, p. 360, p. 375, p. 387, p. 39, p. 391, p. 399, p. 400, p. 407, p. 414, p. 416, p. 444, p. 444, p. 46, p. 466, p. 467, p. 467, p. 468, p. 470, p. 503, p. 504, p. 505, p. 506, p. 512, p. 53, p. 53, p. 542, p. 572, p. 84, p. 85, p. 88, p. 89, p. 90, p. 94, p. 95, p. 96.
- The Collecting net. Woods Hole, Mass., The Collecting net url p. 215, p. 288, p. 43.
- The Nautilus. Melbourne, Fla., etc., American Malacologists, inc., etc. url p. 111, p. 144.
- The animal life of our seashore. With special reference to the New Jersey coast and the southern shore of Long Island. Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott Company, 1906. url .
- The biology of marine animals. New York, Interscience Publishers url p. 279, p. 687.
- The fauna and flora about Coldspring Harbor, L.I. Coldspring Harbor, 1898 url p. 6.
- The fisheries and fishery industries of the United States. Prepared through the co-operation of the commissioner of fisheries and the superintendent of the tenth census by George Brown Goode. .. and a staff of associates. .. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1884-87. url , p. 833, p. 859.
- The sea-beach at ebb-tide: a guide to the study of the seaweeds and the lower animal life found between tidemarks / by Augusta Foote Arnold. New York: The Century Co., 1901. url p. 183, p. 481.
- The sea-beach at ebb-tide; a guide to the study of the seaweeds and the lower animal life found between tidemarks. New York, The Century co., 1901. url , .
- The standard natural history. Boston, S. E. Cassino and Company, 1884-85. url .
- Transactions of the Connecticut Academy of Arts and Sciences. New Haven: Published by the Academy, 1866- url p. 290, p. 290, p. 298, p. 302, p. 305, p. 309, p. 312, p. 312, p. 322, p. 322, p. 323, p. 323, p. 345, p. 345, p. 4, p. 4, p. 526, p. 526, p. 656, p. 656, p. 657.
- Zoology for high schools and colleges / New York: H. Holt and Company, 1895. url .
- Zoology. N. Y., Holt[c1897] url .
- Zoology. New YorkHolt1892 url p. 62.
- Zoology: for students and general readers / New York: Henry Holt, 1879. url .
- [A biological survey of the waters of Woods Hole and vicinity. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1913] url p. 120, p. 121, p. 122, p. 125, p. 126, p. 294, p. 58, p. 66, p. 68, p. 7, p. 71.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 16, 2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed February 28, 2008. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 2 providers.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal February 28, 2008:
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: A Biological Survey of the Waters of Woods Hole and Vacinity
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: Atlantic Reference Centre (OBIS Canada)
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: Bay of Fundy Species List (OBIS Canada)
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: EPA'S EMAP Database
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: Gwaii Haanas Invertebrates (OBIS Canada)
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: NBI
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: NOAA HML Tidal Creek Database
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: Taxonomic Information Sytem for the Belgian coastal area
- National Museum of Natural History: NMNH Invertebrate Zoology Collections
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2551812
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-67530
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 4490920
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 67528
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 504576
- Standard Deviation = 291.220 based on 367 observations. Terrestrial altitude and ocean depth information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]
Curator for this page: Eriberto de Assis. Date last reviewed: 12/30/1899