Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Danish:
Common Names in English:
Carabali['], Giant Hawkfish
Common Names in French:
Common Names in Mandarin Chinese:
Common Names in Quechua:
Typically found in water with a depth of 0 to -3,806 meters (0 to -12,487 feet).
Biome: Marine .
Cirrhitus rivulatus Valenciennes
Members of the genus Cirrhites
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 7 species and subspecies in this genus:
C. aprinus (Threadfin Hawkfish) · C. arcatus (Horseshoe Hawkfish) · C. aureus (Golden Curlyfin) · C. fasciatus (Redbarred Hawkfish) · C. hemistictus (Multicolored Hand-Fish) · C. oxycephalus (White-Spotted Hawkfish) · C. rivulatus (Giant Hawkfish)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A catalogue of the fishes known to inhabit the waters of North America, north of the Tropic of Cancer, with notes on the species discovered in 1883 and 1884, by David Starr Jordan. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1885. url p. 92.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url , p. 1492.
- Bulletin of the United States Fish Commission. Washington, The Commission, Govt. Print. Off. url p. 108, p. 454.
- Catalogue of the fishes in the. .. Museum / by A. Günther London, 1860. url p. 519.
- Contributions to biology from the Hopkins Seaside Laboratory of the Leland Stanford Jr. University. Stanford University, Calif.: The University, 1895-1904. url p. 139, p. 215, p. 473.
- Memoirs of the California Academy of Sciences. San Francisco: The Academy, 1868- url , p. 139, p. 139, p. 215, p. 215, p. 295.
- Pamphlets on forestry. Fish and game. [1900?- url p. 3280.
- Papers from the Hopkins-Stanford Galapagos expedition, 1898-1899. Washington, D.C., The Academy, 1901-1905. url p. 385.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 401.
- Proceedings of the Washington Academy of Sciences. Washington, Washington Academy of Sciences. url p. 476.
- Report of the Commissioner for. .. / United States Commission of Fish and Fisheries. Washington: G.P.O., 1874-1905. url p. 283, p. 283, p. 342, p. 342, p. 402, p. 402, p. 880.
- Report of the United States Commissioner of Fisheries for the fiscal year. .. with appendixes Washington: G.P.O., 1914- url p. 358.
- Shore fishes of the Revillagigedo, Clipperton, Cocos and Galapagos islands. By Robert Evans Snodgrass and Edmund Heller. Washington, D. C., The Academy, 1905. url p. 385.
- The fishes of North and Middle America a descriptive catalogue of the species of fish-like vertebrates found in the waters of North America, north of the Isthmus of Panama / by David Starr Jordan and Barton Warren Evermann. Washington: G.P.O., 1898. url .
- The fishes of Panama Bay, by Charles H. Gilbert and Edwin C. Starks. 1904 San Francisco, The Academy, 1904. url p. 139, p. 295.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed December 02, 2007. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 2 providers.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal December 02, 2007:
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 3514445
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 16364679
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 685240