Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Common Names in French:
Punaise Des Lits
Common Names in German:
Common Names in Italian:
Typically found in the intertidal zone at the water's edge at a mean distance from sea level of -278 meters (-911 feet).
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- A.M.A. Aguinaldo et al., 1997 ex T. Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Latreille, 1829
- Snodgrass, 1938
- Heymons, 1901
- Order: Hemiptera () - C. Linnaeus, 1758
- Superorder: Condylognatha ()
- Infraclass: Pterygota ()
- Subclass: Dicondylia ()
- Epiclass: Hexapoda ()
- Superclass: Panhexapoda ()
- Infraphylum: Atelocerata () - Heymons, 1901
- Subphylum: Mandibulata () - Snodgrass, 1938
- Phylum: Arthropoda () - Latreille, 1829 - Arthropods
- Superphylum: Panarthropoda () - Cuvier
- Infrakingdom: Ecdysozoa () - A.M.A. Aguinaldo et al., 1997 ex T. Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Protostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 09-Feb-2007
Members of the genus Cimex
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 2 species and subspecies in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A flora and fauna within living animals. Washington, Smithsonian Institution, 1853 url .
- A general index of the agricultural reports of the Patent Office, for twenty-five years, from 1837 to 1861; and of the Department of Agriculture, for fifteen years, from 1862 to 1876. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1879. url p. 176.
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 459.
- A handbook of practical parasitology. By Dr. Max Braun. .. and Dr. M. Lühre. .. Tr. by Linda Forster. London, John Bale, sons & Danielsson, ltd., 1910. url p. 183, p. 194, p. 196.
- A history of the earth and animated nature. By Oliver Goldsmith. With numerous notes from the works of the most distinguished British and foreign naturalists. .. Glasgow [etc.]Blackie and son url p. 445.
- A manual for the study of insects. Rev. ed. By John Henry Comstock, and Anna Botsford Comstock, and Glenn W. Herrick. Ithaca, N. Y., Comstock Pub. Co., 1930. url p. 388.
- A manual of elementary zoology / London: H. Frowde, Hodder & Stoughton, 1920. url , .
- A manual of natural history, for the use of travellers: being a description of the families of the animal and vegetable kindgoms: with remarkable on the practical study of geology and meteorology. To which are appended directions for collecting and preserv London: J. Van Voorst, 1854. url p. 240.
- A manual of zoology. .. Edinburgh, Blackwood, 1870. url p. 349.
- A monograph of the Hirundinidae: or family of swallows / London: Printed for the authors, 1885-1894 url p. 14.
- A student's text-book of zoology / by Adam Sedgwick. London: S. Sonnenschein and co.; 1898-1909. url p. 694.
- A student's text-book of zoology, by Adam Sedgwick. London, S. Sonnenschein and Co.;1898-1909. url p. 694.
- A survey and record of Woolwich and West Kent containing descriptions and records, brought up-to-date, of geology, botany, zoology, archaeology and industries of the district, with a brief photographic commentary, in commemoration of the 12th Ann General editors, C.H. Grinling, T.A. Ingram [and] B.C. Polkinghorne. Woolwich: Labour Representation Print. Co., 1909. url p. 265.
- A text-book of agricultural zoology, Edinburgh and London, W. Blackwood and Sons, 1899. url , .
- A text-book of entomology including the anatomy, physiology, embryology and metamorphoses of insects. New York, Macmillan, 1909. url p. 383, p. 386, p. 410, p. 479.
- A text-book of entomology, including the anatomy, physiology, embryology and metamorphoses of insects, for use in agricultural and technical schools and colleges as well as by the working entomologist, by Alpheus S. Packard. .. New York, The Macmillan company;1898. url p. 383, p. 386, p. 479.
- A text-book of vegetable and animal physiology. Designed for the use of schools, seminaries, and colleges in the United States. New York.D. Appleton and Company, 1858. url p. 135, p. xviii, p.
- A text-book upon the pathogenic Bacteria and Protozoa for students of medicine and physicians, Philadelphia and London, W. B. Saunders Company, 1919. url , .
- A textbook of medical entomology / by Walter Scott Patton and Francis William Cragg. London: Christian Literature Society for India, 1913. url , p. 479, p. 494, p. 498, p. 505, p. 506, p. 519, p. 521, p. 525, p. xv, p. xxix.
- A treatise on insects injurious to gardeners, foresters, & farmers / by Vincent Köllar; translated from the German and illustrated by engravings by J. and M. Loudon; with notes by J. O. Westwood. London: William Smith, 113, Fleet Street, 1840 url p. 32.
- Agricultural entomology for students, farmers, fruit-growers and gardeners / by Herbert Osborn. Philadelphia; Lea & Febiger, 1916. url p. 340.
- Agricultural index. New York, H. W. Wilson Co. url p. 114, p. 198, p. 229.
- Agriculture of Maine.. .. annual report of the Secretary of the Maine Board of Agriculture. Augusta, 1857-1901. url p. 204.
- Agriculture of New York: comprising an account of the classification, composition and distribution of the soils and rocks. .. together with a condensed view of the climate and the agricultural productions of the state. Albany, C. Van Benthuysen, 1846-54. url p. 169.
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. .. by George M. Gould. 5th ed., with additions and corrections. PhiladelphiaP. Blakiston's Son1907 url p. 200, p. 298, p. 978, p. 982.
- An introduction to entomology, by John Henry Comstock. .. Ithaca, N.Y., The Comstock publishing co., 1920. url p. 1017.
- An introduction to entomology. Ithaca, N.Y., Comstock, 1949. url p. 1035.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 138, p. 176, p. 176, p. 186, p. 241, p. 284, p. 72, p. 82.
- Anatomischer Anzeiger. Jena: G. Fischer, 1886- url p. 143, p. 240.
- Animal parasites and human disease, by Asa C. Chandler. .. New York, Wiley & Sons, 1922. url p. 371, p. 372.
- Animal parasites and human disease. New YorkJ. Wiley [etc.]1918 url p. 372.
- Animate creation; popular edition of "Our Living World" a natural history, by the Rev. J. G. Wood. Revised and adapted to American zoology, by Joseph B. Holder. New York, S. Hess url p. 430.
- Annals of the Carnegie Museum. [Pittsburgh]: Published by authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute, 1901- url p. 207.
- Annals of the Entomological Society of America. [College Park, Md., etc.]: Entomological Society of America. url p. 227, p. 451.
- Annals of tropical medicine and parasitology. LiverpoolUniversity Press [etc.] url , , p. 33, p. 415, p. 416, p. 418, p. 44, p. 47, p. 8.
- Annual report / Albany: University of the State of New York, 1902-1918. url p. 126, p. 176, p. 20, p. 75.
- Annual report / Entomological Society of Ontario. Toronto, The Society. url p. 103, p. 25.
- Annual report / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, c1904-1920. url p. 20.
- Annual report of the New Jersey state museum. 1901-12, 1914. Trenton, New Jersey. [etc.]1902-15. url p. 159.
- Annual report of the Quebec Society for the Protection of Plants from Insects and Fungous Diseases. Quebec: The Society, 1909-1920. url .
- Annual report of the Regents / Albany: J.B. Lyon, State Printer, 1890-1903. url p. 458, p. 472.
- Annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture of the State of Michigan. .. Lansing: The Board, 1862- url p. 226.
- Annual report of the State Entomologist of Minnesota to the Governor for the year. .. St. Anthony Park, Minn.: Agricultural Experiment Station, 1903-1916. url p. 76.
- Annual report of the secretary of the State Horticultural Society of Michigan. Lansing: The Society, 1881- url p. 138.
- Applied bacteriology for nurses, by Charles Frederick Bolduan. .. and Marie Grund. Philadelphia and London: W. B. Saunders Company, 1916. url p. 58.
- Applied entomology; an introductory text-book of insects in their relations to man, New York [etc.]McGraw-Hill book company, inc., 1921. url p. 182, p. 183, p. 377.
- Arboretum et fruticetum britannicum; or, The trees and shrubs of Britain, native and foreign, hardy and half-hardy, pictorially and botanically delineated, and scientifically and popularly described; with their propagation, culture, mana London, Henry G. Bohn, 1854. url p. 1479.
- Australian insects. By Walter W. Froggatt. Sydney, W. Brooks url p. 341.
- Bergey's manual of determinative bacteriology, by Robert S. Breed [and others] Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co., 1957. url p. 498, p. 956, p. 974.
- Bibliography of the more important contributions to American economic entomology. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1889-1905. url p. 26.
- Biology code of the Chemical-Biological Coordination Center... Washington, National Academy of Sciences, National Research Council, 1960. url p. 39.
- Biology of the laboratory mouse, by the staff of the Roscoe B. Jackson memorial laboratory, Clarence C. Little, director, George D. Snell, editor [and others]. .. with a chapter on Infectious diseases of mice, by J.H. Dingle. .. Philadelphia, The Blakiston company[c1941] url p. 372.
- Birds; a miscellaneous collection of 37 pamphlets about birds. Collected and privately bound by Alvin Seale, 1914. v.p., 1910-1913 url p. 55, p. 57.
- Brigham Young University science bulletin. 8 1966 Provo, Utah: Brigham Young University, [1955-1976] url p. 68.
- British insects (general). Illustrated by Doris Meyer. [London]Chapman & Dodd[1922-23?] url p. 29, p. 30.
- Bulletin - State Geological and Natural History Survey of Connecticut. [Hartford]State Geological and Natural History Survey of Connecticut, 1904- url , p. 669.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 13, p. 229, p. 93.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Entomology. Washington: G.P.O., 1904-1916. url p. 188, p. 43.
- Bulletin of entomological research. Farnham Royal: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux. url p. 111, p. 113, p. 115, p. 117, p. 153, p. 429.
- Bulletin of the Brooklyn Entomological Society. Brooklyn, N.Y.: The Society, url , , p. 127, p. 24.
- Bulletin of the Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard College. 123 1960 Cambridge, Mass.: The Museum, 1863- url p. 199, p. 49.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 28 1901 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 479.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., Govt. Print. Off., 1913-1923. url p. 2, p. 2, p. 2, p. 7.
- Bulletin of the United States Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories / Department of the Interior. Washington: Government Printing Office, 1874- url p. 427.
- Catalogue of bacteria associated extracellularly with insects and ticks, by Edward A. Steinhaus... Minneapolis, Minn., Burgess publishing co., c1942. url p. 113, p. 145, p. 153, p. 154, p. 155, p. 163, p. 164, p. 166, p. 22, p. 34, p. 36, p. 43, p. 45, p. 68, p. 70, p. 86.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 140.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 140, p. 350.
- Catalogue of the Hemiptera of America north of Mexico, excepting the Aphididae, Coccidae and Aleurodidae. Berkeley, Univ. of Cal. Press, 1917. url p. 286.
- Catalogue of the books, manuscripts, maps and drawings in the British Museum (Natural History) London: BM(NH), 1903-1940. url p. 1225, p. 797.
- Catalogue of the collection to illustrate the animal resources and the fisheries of the United States, exhibited at Philadelphia in 1876 by the Smithsonian Institution and the United States Fish Commission, and forming a part of the United States National Museum. Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1879. url p. 229.
- Check-list and bibliography on the occurrence of insects in birds' nests. Ames, Iowa State College Press url p. 242, p. 243, p. 337, p. 338, p. 375, p. 377, p. 378, p. 379, p. 380, p. 381, p. 383, p. 385, p. 425, p. 426, p. 427, p. 451, p. 452, p. 453, p. 469, p. 497, p. 510, p. 512, p. 527, p. 546, p. 551, p. 607, p. 624.
- Circular / United States Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Entomology. Washington, D.C.: The Bureau, 1904-1913. url p. 17.
- Class book of economic entomology, Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co.[c1919] url p. 167, p. 419.
- Classification of the collection to illustrate the animal resources of the United States. A list of substances derived from the animal kingdom, with synopsis of the useful and injurious animals and a classification to the methods of capture and utilization. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1876. url .
- Contributions to North American ichthyology. Based primarily on the collections of the United States National Museum. Washington: Govt. print. off., 1877-78. url p. 229.
- Cooperative economic insect report. Hyattsville, MD. [etc.]Plant Protection and Quarantine Programs Animal and Plant Health Service. url p. 100, p. 1023, p. 1029, p. 1040, p. 105, p. 1051, p. 109, p. 1090, p. 11, p. 1102, p. 1127, p. 1165, p. 117, p. 1189, p. 12, p. 1226, p. 13, p. 1319, p. 132, p. 1351, p. 14, p. 1409, p. 152, p. 156, p. 17, p. 17, p. 177, p. 19, p. 2, p. 2, p. 2, p. 22, p. 226, p. 246, p. 25, p. 25, p. 250, p. 250, p. 251, p. 254, p. 267, p. 270, p. 285, p. 3, p. 31, p. 317, p. 339, p. 341, p. 370, p. 378, p. 4, p. 455, p. 583, p. 6, p. 6, p. 602, p. 626, p. 651, p. 657, p. 66, p. 718, p. 75, p. 768, p. 776, p. 777, p. 78, p. 8, p. 802, p. 802, p. 816, p. 901, p. 909, p. 947, p. 953, p. 964, p. 978.
- Culture methods for invertebrate animals; a compendium prepared cooperatively by American zoologists under the direction of a committee from Section F of the American Association for the Advancement of Science [by] Paul S. Galtsoff, Frank E. New York, Dover Publications url , p. 307.
- DDT, killer of killers, by O. T. Zimmerman. .. and Irvin Lavine. .. Dover, N.H., Industrial Research Service, 1946. url p. 102, p. 172.
- Elements of entomology: prepared for the use of schools and colleges / by W.S.W. Ruschenberger; from the text of Milne-Edwards and Achille Comté; with plates. Philadelphia: Grigg & Elliot, 1845. url p. 42.
- Elements of natural history: embracing zoology, botany and geology for schools, colleges and families / by W.S.W. Ruschenberger. Philadelphia: Claxton, Remsen & Haffelfinger, 1871 [c1850] url p. 42.
- Entomological correspondence of Thaddeus William Harris, M. D.; ed. by Samuel H. Scudder. Boston, Boston Society of Natural History, 1869. url p. 262.
- Entomological news, and proceedings of the Entomological Section of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia[Entomological Rooms of the Academy of Natural Sciences] url p. 136, p. 141, p. 233, p. 233, p. 432, p. 433, p. 433, p. 55, p. 88, p. 88.
- Entomological news. [Philadelphia]American Entomological Society, 1925- url p. 137, p. 142, p. 142, p. 143, p. 166, p. 166, p. 169, p. 197, p. 211, p. 217, p. 219, p. 23, p. 230, p. 24, p. 242, p. 244, p. 249, p. 261, p. 262, p. 264, p. 265, p. 268, p. 43, p. 46, p. 53, p. 54, p. 61, p. 80, p. 83.
- Entomology for beginners: for the use of young folks, fruit-growers, farmers, and gardeners / by A.S. Packard. New York: H. Holt, 1899, c1888. url p. 357.
- Entomology for medical officers. London, Gurney & Jackson, 1911. url , , , .
- Episodes of insect life / By Acheta Domestica. London: Reeve, Benham, 1849-51. url .
- Episodes of insect life / by Acheta Domestica, [pseud.], edited and revised by the Rev. J. G. Wood. London: G. Bell and Sons, 1879. url p. 356.
- Essentials of tropical medicine, by Walter E. Master. .. London, J. Bale, sons & Danielsson, ltd.1920. url p. 10, p. 680.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url , p. 1252, p. 156, p. 259, p. 348, p. 353, p. 360, p. 374, p. 454, p. 6, p. 647, p. 658, p. 747, p. 837, p. 937, p. 941, p. 943, p. 943.
- Farmer's cyclopedia: a compilation of such bulletins and reports as are indispensable to the practical farmer. Garden City, N. Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1914. url p. 397.
- Farmers' bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture. Washington: G.P.O., 1889- url , , p. 2, p. 3, p. 44, p. 7.
- Farmers' cyclopedia: abridged Agricultural records in seven volumes. Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday, Page & Co., 1914. url p. 397.
- Fauna hawaiiensis; Cambridge, Eng., The University press, 1913. url p. 129.
- Fauna hawaiiensis; being the land-fauna of the Hawaiian islands. by various authors, 1899-1913. Cambridge [Eng.]: The University press, 1913. url p. 12, p. 12.
- Fertilization. London, Methuen; url p. 156.
- Fleas, flukes & cuckoos; a study of bird parasites, by Miriam Rothschild and Theresa Clay. New York, Macmillan, 1957. url p. 283, p. 285, p. 286.
- Food of the woodpeckers of the United States / Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Biological Survey, 1911. url , .
- General index to reports of the State Entomologist of Connecticut, 1901-1925 / New Haven: Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station, 1926. url p. 677.
- General zoology, New York, H. Holt and company, 1917. url p. 100.
- Global Biodiversity: status of the Earth's living resources WCMC url p. 364.
- Guide to the exhibited series of insects in the Department of Zoology, British Museum (Nat. Hist.) London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1909. url p. 64.
- Guide to the study of insects and a treatise on those injurious and beneficial to crops, for the use of colleges, farm-schools, and agriculturists, by Alpheus S. Packard, M.D. With fifteen plates and six hundred and seventy wood-cuts. New York, H. Holt and Company;1889. url p. 690.
- Guide to the study of insects, and a treatise on those injurious and beneficial to crops: for the use of colleges, farm-schools, and agriculturists / by A. S. Packard, jr. Salem, Mass.: Naturalist's agency, 1874. url p. 551, p. 690.
- Guide to the study of insects: and a treatise on those injurious and beneficial to crops for the colleges, farm-schools, and agriculturists. New York: Henry Holt, 1889. url p. 551, p. 690.
- Half-hours with the microscope. .. London, Hardwicke & Bogue, 1876. url p. 84.
- Half-hours with the microscope: a popular guide to the use of the microscope as a means of amusement and instruction / by Edwin Lankester. .. London: W.H. Allen, 1892. url p. 84.
- Handbook of medical entomology / Wm. A. Riley and O.A. Johannsen. Ithaca, N.Y.: Comstock Pub. Co., 1915. url p. 219, p. 234, p. 242, p. 278, p. 29, p. 330, p. 334, p. 337, p. 342, p. 87, p. 91.
- Handbook of medical entomology Ithaca, N. Y., The Comstock Publishing Company, 1915. url , , , , , , , , , , .
- Handbook of medical entomology [by] Wm. A. Riley. .. and O. A. Johannsen. .. Ithaca, N.Y., The Comstock publishing company, 1915. url p. 234, p. 242, p. 278, p. 29, p. 334, p. 337, p. 342, p. 87, p. 90, p. 91.
- Handbook of zoology / by J. van der Hoeven. Cambridge: University Press, 1856-1858. url p. 445, p. 447.
- Handbook of zoology; by J. van der Hoeven. Tr. from the 2d Dutch ed. by the Rev. William Clark. Cambridge: Longman, Brown, Green, Longmans, and Roberts, 1856-58. url p. 445, p. 447.
- Handbook to the natural history of Cambridgeshire, ed. by J.E. Marr. .. and A.E. Shipley. .. Cambridge, University press, 1904. url p. 152.
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 182.
- Heteroptera, or true bugs of eastern North America, with especial reference to the faunas of Indiana and Florida, by W.S. Blatchley. .. Indianapolis, The Nature publishing company, 1926. url p. 617.
- History of the earth and animated nature; with numerous notes from the works of the most distinguished British and foreign naturalists. London, 1859 url p. 445.
- Household and camp insects, by Ephraim Porter Felt. Albany, The University of the State of New York, 1917. url p. 38, p. 81.
- How to know the immature insects; an illustrated key for identifying the orders and families of many of the immature insects with suggestions for collecting, rearing and studying them, by H. F. Chu. Dubuque, Iowa, W. C. Brown Co. url p. 132.
- Illustrated natural history / by J.G. Wood; with new illustrations by Wolf, Zwecker, Weir, Coleman, Harvey and others; engraved by the Brothers Dalziel. New York: Home Bk. Co., [188-?] url p. 550.
- Illustrated natural history of the animal kingdom, being a systematic and popular description of the habits, structure, and classification of animals from the highest to the lowest forms, with their r New-YorkDerby & Jackson1859 url p. 594.
- Index faunæ Novæ Zealandiæ / edited by F.W. Hutton. London: Dulau & Co., 37 Soho Square, 1904 url p. 353.
- Index faunæ Novæ Zealandiæ, ed. by F.W. Hutton, F.R.S. Pub. for the Philosophical Institute of Canterbury, New Zealand. London, Dulau & Co., 1904. url p. 353.
- Index to the literature of American economic entomology. Melrose Highlands, Mass. [etc.], American Association of Economic Entomologists [etc.], 1917-62. url p. 1, p. 49, p. 82, p. 88, p. 90.
- Indian insect life: a manual of the insects of the plains (tropical India) / H. Maxwell-Lefroy, assisted by F. M. Howlett. (Pub. under the authority of the government of India). 1909 Calcutta; Thacker, Spink & Co., W. Thacker & Co., 2 Creed Lane, London, 1909. url fig. 476, p. 704.
- Indian insect pests. By H. Maxwell-Lefroy. .. Calcutta, Office of the Superintendent of Government Printing, India, 1906. url p. 311, p. 311.
- Information concerning the North American fever tick, with notes on other species. By W. D. Hunter and W. A. Hooker. Washington, Gov't. print. off., 1907. url p. 43.
- Injurious insects and useful birds, successful control of farm pests, by F. L. Washburn.. 414 illustrations in text and four colored plates. London, J. B. Lippincott,  url p. 440.
- Injurious insects; how to recognize and control them, by Walter C. O'Kane. .. illustrated with 600 original photographs. New York, The Macmillan company, 1912. url p. 354, p. 383, p. 383, p. 397, p. 397.
- Insect life, by C. A. Ealand, M. A., with 74 full-page illustrations, 24 being from photographs by the author and 50 in colour from nature. 1921 London, A. & C. Black, ltd., 1921. url p. 113.
- Insect pests of farm, garden and orchard, New York, J. Wiley & sons, inc.; [etc., etc.]1921. url p. 647, p. 696.
- Insect pests of the Lesser Antilles / by H.A. Ballou. Bridgetown, Barbados: Commissioner of Agriculture, 1912. url p. 199.
- Insect transformation / By George H. Carpenter. London: Methuen, 1921. url p. 159, p. 160.
- Insecta. By Alpheus Hyatt and J. M. Arms. Boston, D. C. Heath & Co., 1890. url p. 290.
- Insects and man: an account of the more important harmful and beneficial insects... / by C. A. Ealand. London: G. Richards, ltd., 1915. url p. 221, p. 279, p. 335.
- Insects and their world. [Chicago]University of Chicago Press[1962, c1960] url p. 134, p. 15.
- Insects at home, being a popular account of those insects which are useful or destructive and minutely describing their structure, habits, etc. New York, Alden, 1884. url p. 567.
- Insects at home; being a popular account of insects, their structure, habits and transformations, with upwards of 700 figures by E. A. Smith and J. B. Zwecker, engr. by G. Pearson. New York, Scribner, 1872. url p. 567.
- Insects injurious to the household and annoying to man, by Glenn W. Herrick. .. New York: The Macmillan Company, 1914. url .
- Insects of economic importance, outlines of lectures in economic entomology, New York, N.Y., The Macmillan company, 1920. url p. 166.
- Insects of economic importance; outlines of lectures in economic entomology, by Glenn W. Herrick. New York, N. Y., The Macmillan company, 1920. url p. 161, p. 166.
- Insects, injurious and beneficial, their natural history and classification, for the use of fruit growers, vine growers, farmers, gardeners and schools. Sacramento, H. S. Crocker & Co., 1883. url p. 147.
- Insects, injurious and beneficial: their natural history and classification: an elementary textbook for the use of schools / by Matthew Cooke. San Francisco: Bancroft, 1888. url p. 163.
- Insects. by David Sharp. London: Macmillan, 1909. url p. 559.
- Insects; the yearbook of agriculture, 1952. Washington: U.S.G.P.O., 1952. url p. 753.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. LondonPublished for the International Council by the Royal Society of London1901-1920 url p. 144, p. 18, p. 195, p. 22, p. 31, p. 382, p. 41, p. 423, p. 49, p. 51, p. 587, p. 599, p. 615, p. 708, p. 712, p. 73, p. 978, p. 991.
- Introduction to zoology: for the use of schools / by Robert Patterson...; with upwards of 330 illustrations and a glossary of scientific terms. London: Simms and M'Intyre, 1848. url p. 143.
- Journal of agricultural research. Washington, U.S. Govt. Printing Office, 1913-1949.. url p. 192.
- Journal of economic entomology. [College Park, Md., etc.]Entomological Society of America [etc.] url p. 210, p. 265, p. 382, p. 498.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 15 1995 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 43.
- Journal of the New York Entomological Society. Lawrence, Kan.: Allen Press [etc.] url p. 125, p. 236.
- Journal of the New-York Microscopical Society. New York: The Society, 1885- url p. 189.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url p. 292, p. 302, p. 579, p. 775.
- Lectures on the comparative anatomy and physiology of the invertebrate animals, delivered at the Royal college of surgeons. LondonLongman, Grown, Green, and Longmans1855 url p. 378.
- List of Egyptian insects in the collection of the Ministry of agriculture, by G. Storey. .. Cairo, Government Press, 1916. url p. 48.
- Meddelelser om Grønland. København, C. A. Reitzels Forlag, 1879-1979. url p. 61, p. 731.
- Memo?rias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz. Rio de Janeiro. url p. 132, p. 137.
- Memorial of life and entomologic work of Joseph Albert Lintner, state entomologist, 1874-98, by Ephraim Porter Felt. Albany: University of the State of New York, 1899. url p. 603.
- Microscopic objects figured and described. London, J.Van Voorst, 1870. url p. 111.
- Microscopic objects, animal, vegetable and mineral; with instructions for preparing and viewing them. London, Whittaker, 1847. url p. 2, p. 35.
- Midland naturalist. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1878- url p. 93.
- Museum bulletin / Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1908-1916. url p. 126, p. 176, p. 20, p. 72, p. 75.
- My life: a record of events and opinions / by Alfred Russel Wallace. London: Chapman & Hall, 1908. url p. 97.
- Natural history of Hawaii, being an account of the Hawaiian people, the geology and geography of the islands, and the native and introduced plants and animals of the group, by William Alanson Bryan. Illustrated with one hundred and seventeen full page plates from four hundred and forty-one photographs elucidating the ethnology of the native people, the geology and topogr Honolulu, Hawaii[Printed for the author by] the Hawaiian gazette co., l9l5. url p. 402, p. 514.
- Natural history of the animal kingdom for the use of young people: in three parts, comprising I. Mammalia: II. Birds: Part III. Reptiles, amphibia, fishes, insects, worms, molluscs, zoophytes, &c.: with 91 coloured plates, including about 850 figures, and numerous adapted from the German of Professor von Schubert by W.F. Kirby. 1889 Brighton: E. & J.B. Young and Co., 1889. url p. VIII.
- Natural history. A manual of zoölogy for schools, colleges, and the general reader / By Sanborn Tenney. New York: Scribner, Armstrong & co., c1872. url .
- Naturalist's guide to the Americas, prepared by the Committee on the Preservation of Natural Conditions of the Ecological Society of America, with assistance from numerous organizations and individuals, assembled and edited by chairman, Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1926. url p. 97.
- Nature study and life / by Clifton F. Hodge. Boston; Ginn & Company, c1902. url p. 501, p. 82.
- Nature study and life, Boston and London, Ginn & Co., 1902. url , , .
- Nature study and life, by Clifton F. Hodge. Boston, Ginn & Co., 1902. url p. 501.
- Nature study and life. Boston: Ginn,  url p. 501.
- Nature. London, etc., Macmillan Journals Ltd., etc. url p. 145, p. 169, p. 464, p. 465.
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 105, p. 38, p. 81.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 3 1905 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 248.
- Occasional papers of the Boston Society of Natural History. Boston, Boston Society of Natural History, 1869-1941. url p. 67, p. 8.
- Official lists and indexes of names and works in zoology / edited by R.V. Melville and J.D.D. Smith. London: ICZN, 1987. url p. 69.
- On the variation of species, with especial reference to the Insecta; followed by an inquiry into the nature of genera / by T. Vernon Wollaston. London: J. Van Voorst, 1856. url p. 206, p. 45.
- On the variation of species: with especial reference to the Insecta: followed by an inquiry into the nature of genera / London: J. Van Voorst, 1856. url , .
- Opinions and declarations rendered by the International Commission on Zoological Nomenclature. London, Printed by order of the International Trust for Zoological Nomenclature. url p. 279, p. 280, p. 281, p. 282, p. 290, p. 291, p. 434, p. 63, p. 70.
- Our household insects, an account of the insect-pests found in dwelling-houses / by Edward A. Butler. London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1893. url p. 302, p. 343.
- Our insect friends and enemies; the relation of insects to man, to other animals, to one another, and to plants, with a chapter on the war against insects, by John B. Smith. & London: J. B. Lippincott company, 1909. url p. 229.
- Our living world; an artistic edition of the Rev. J. G. Wood's Natural history of animate creation. New York: S. Hess,  url p. 430.
- Palestine: the physical geography and natural history of the Holy Land / London: Charles Knight, 1841. url p. 421.
- Papers from the Department of forest entomology. Syracuse, N.Y., 1922. url p. 170, p. 66.
- Parasites and parasitosis of the domestic animals: the zoo?logy and control of the animal parasites and the pathogenesis and treatment of parasitic diseases / New York: Macmillan, 1920. url , .
- Partial syllabic lists of the clinical morphologies of the blood, sputum, feces, skin, urine, vomitus, foods: including potable waters, ice and the air, and the clothing (after Salisbury) / New York: The Ariston, 1888. url p. 39.
- Popular science monthly. New York: D. Appleton, 1872-1950. url , p. 341, p. 49, p. 76.
- Practical bacteriology, blood work and animal parasitology, including bacteriological keys, zoological tables and explanatory clinical notes, by E. R. Stitt. .. with 4 plates and 115 other illustrations containing 505 figures Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son and co.[c1916] url p. 347.
- Practical bacteriology, microbiology and serum therapy (medical and veterinary) A text book for laboratory use by Dr. A. Besson. .. tr. and adapted from the fifth French ed. by H. J. Hutchens. .. With 416 illustrations, 149 of which are coloured. London, New York [etc.]Longmans, Green, and co., 1913. url p. 462, p. 799, p. 801, p. 873.
- Practical zoölogy: an elementary text-book treating of the structure, life, history, and relations of animals / by Alvin Davison. New York: American Book Company, c1906. url p. 104.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url p. 108, p. 110.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 19, p. 284, p. 284.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 101, p. 107.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 135.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 138, p. 153, p. 17, p. 179, p. 18, p. 197, p. 230, p. 677.
- Proceedings of the Hawaiian Entomological Society. Honolulu: Hawaiian Entomological Society url p. 609.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url , , .
- Proceedings of the Royal Zoological Society of New South Wales. Mosman, New South Wales [etc.]The Society. url p. 12.
- Proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng]: South London Entomological and Natural history Society, [1897-1933] url p. 97.
- Protozoology: a manual for medical men, veterinarians and zoologists / by C. M. Wenyon. New York: W. Wood, 1926. url p. 494, p. 495.
- Psyche. Cambridge, Mass.: Cambridge Entomological Club url , p. 107, p. 126, p. 130, p. 42, p. 5, p. 83, p. 87.
- Public health chemistry and bacteriology: a handbook for D.P.H. [diploma in public health] students, by David McKail. .. Bristol, J. Wright, 1912. url p. 260, p. 396.
- Public health, chemistry and bacteriology; a handbook for D.P.H. students. New York, 1912. url p. 260, p. 396.
- Quarterly journal of microscopical science. Oxford, [etc.]Clarendon Press [etc.] url p. 268.
- Records of the Indian Museum. Calcutta: Pub. by order of the trustees of the Indian Museum, . 1907-1962. url , .
- Report of the State Entomologist of Connecticut for the year. .. New Haven, [1902- url , p. 380.
- Report of the State Entomologist on injurious and other insects of the state of New York. Albany: Weed, Parsons and Co.; University of the State of New York, 1882- url p. 105, p. 126, p. 458, p. 472, p. 535.
- Report of the Wellcome tropical research laboratories at the Gordon memorial college, Khartoum. Khartoum, Pub. for Department of education, Sudan government, by Baillière, Tindall & Cox, London, 1904-11. url p. 11, p. 129, p. 138, p. 63, p. 99.
- Report on the injurious and other insects of the State of New York. Albany: State Entomologist, 1882-1898. url p. 458, p. 472, p. 535.
- Response of body lice, Pediculus humanus humanus, L., to blackbody radiation; with notes on their antennal morphology / 1971. url , .
- Rhynchota. .. by W. L. Distant. London, Taylor and Francis; [etc., etc.]1902-1918. url p. 410.
- Sanitary entomology; the entomology of disease, hygiene and sanitation, Boston, R. G. Badger url , , , , , .
- School entomology: an elementary textbook of entomology. New York, Wiley, 1917. url p. 347.
- School entomology; an elementary textbook of entomology for secondary schools and agricultural short courses, by E. Dwight Sanderson and L. M. Peairs. New York, J. Wiley & sons, inc.; [etc., etc.]1917. url p. 188, p. 188, p. 347.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 1004, p. 320.
- Smithsonian contributions to knowledge. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1848-1916. url p. 55.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 104 1947 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 102, p. 19, p. 20, p. 21, p. 22, p. 23, p. 24, p. 30, p. 37, fig. 38, p. 404, p. 447, references, page 56, references, page 65, p. 93.
- Some south Indian insects and other animals of importance considered especially from an economic point of view. By T. Bainbrigge Fletcher. .. Madras, Printed by the Superintendent, Government Press, 1914. url p. 550.
- South African journal of science. [Marshalltown, Transvaal: South African Association for the Advancement of Science, url p. 84.
- Special pathology and therapeutics of the diseases of domestic animals, by Dr. Franz Hutyra and Dr. Josef Marek. Chicago, A. Eger[c1912-1913] url .
- Special scientific report--wildlife / U.S. Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service, 1949- url p. 419.
- Spixiana. München: Zoologische Staatssammlung München, 1977- url p. 188.
- Spolia zeylanica. S.l.: s.n. url , p. 50.
- Studies in insect life, and other essays. London, T. Fisher Unwin, ltd.,  url p. 10, p. 334.
- Technical publication / New York State College of Forestry at Syracuse University. Syracuse, N.Y.: The College, 1914- url p. 13, p. 170, p. 66.
- Text book of zoology London, Sampson Low, Marston, 1896. url , .
- Text-book of zoology; treated from a biological standpoint, by Dr. Otto Schmeil; tr. from the German by Rudolf Rosenstock, M. A.; ed. by J. T. Cunningham, M. A. London, A. and C. Black, 1901. url p. 385.
- The American monthly microscopical journal. New York: Romyn Hitchcock, 1880-1902. url p. 176.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 215.
- The Bermuda islands: an account of their scenery, climate, productions, physiography, natural history and geology, with sketches of their discovery and early history, and the changes in their flora and fauna due to man; with 38 plates and over 250 cuts in the text / by Addison E. Verrill. New Haven, Conn.: The author, 1902. url p. 509.
- The Biological bulletin. Woods Hole, Mass.: Marine Biological Laboratory, url p. 140.
- The British Hemiptera. Vol. I. Hemiptera-Heteroptera. By John William Douglas and John Scott. London: Pub. for the Ray Society by R. Hardwicke, 1865. url p. 510, p. 511.
- The Bulletin of zoological nomenclature. London, International Trust for Zoological Nomenclature. url p. 65.
- The Cambridge natural history / edited by S. F. Harmer and A. E. Shipley. London: Macmillan and Co.; 1895-1909. url p. 559.
- The Cambridge natural history, London, Macmillan and Co., Limited;1895-1909 url .
- The Cambridge natural history, ed. by S.F. Harmer. .. and A.E. Shipley. .. London, Macmillan and co., limited;1895-1909 url p. 559, p. 559.
- The Canadian entomologist. Ottawa [etc.]Entomological Society of Canada [etc.] url p. 196, p. 75.
- The Entomologist's monthly magazine. Oxford [etc.]Entomologist's Monthly Magazine Ltd. [etc.] url p. 112, p. 14, p. 172, p. 186, p. 202, p. 280, p. 67.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url , p. 324, p. 6.
- The Entomologist. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., [1877- url p. 110, p. 218, p. 219, p. 300, p. 71, p. 8.
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url p. 495.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 516.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 78.
- The Hemiptera Heteroptera of the British Islands: a descriptive account of the families, genera, and species indigenous to Great Britain and Ireland: with notes as to localities, habitats, etc. / by Edward Saunders. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1892. url , p. 186.
- The Hope reports. Oxford: Printed for private circulation, 1897-1958. url p. 9.
- The Journal of animal behavior. Albany, N.Y.: Henry Holt and Co., [1911-1917?] url p. 160.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 201, p. 489.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url p. 362.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society of London. London: Academic Press [etc.], 1865-1968. url p. 111, p. 535.
- The Natural history of the Toronto Region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. -- Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url p. 310.
- The Philippine journal of science. 1 1906 Manila. url p. 1072, p. 169, p. 467, p. 681, p. III.
- The Popular science monthly. New York, Popular Science Pub. Co., etc. url p. 341, p. 49, p. 76.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng. [etc.]: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux [etc.] url , , , , , p. 116, p. 120, p. 126, p. 129, p. 134, p. 137, p. 157, p. 173, p. 174, p. 185, p. 187, p. 188, p. 193, p. 2, p. 204, p. 206, p. 208, p. 210, p. 211, p. 213, p. 216, p. 227, p. 237, p. 237, p. 239, p. 240, p. 246, p. 249, p. 25, p. 251, p. 259, p. 264, p. 265, p. 266, p. 270, p. 271, p. 275, p. 280, p. 39, p. 44, p. 45, p. 48, p. 496, p. 50, p. 53, p. 62, p. 63, p. 654, p. 69, p. 69, p. 77, p. 80, p. 86, p. 87, p. 88, p. 9, p. 91.
- The Scottish naturalist. Arbroath [etc.]T. Buncle & Co. [etc.] url p. 99.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 41 1960 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 393, p. 80.
- The Victoria history of Berkshire. edited by P.H. Ditchfield and William Page. [LondonConstable]1906-1923 url p. 118.
- The Victoria history of the county of Warwick. London: Published for the University of London Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall, 1965- url p. 166.
- The agricultural pests of India, and of eastern and southern Asia, vegetable and animal, injurious to man and his products. By Surgeon General Edward Green Balfour. .. London, B. Quaritch, 1887. url p. 120, p. 34.
- The animal kingdom, arranged after its organization: forming a natural history of animals, and an introduction to comparative anatomy / by the late Baron Georges Cuvier; translated and adapted to the present state of science; the Mammalia, birds, and reptiles, by Edward Blyth; the fishes and Radiata, by Robert Mudie; the molluscou London: W.S. Orr and Co., 1849. url p. 565.
- The animal kingdom: arranged after its organization; forming a natural history of animals, and an introduction to comparative anatomy. LondonH.G. Bohn1863 url p. 565.
- The animal parasites of man / H. B. Fantham, J. W. W. Stephens, F. V. Theobald New York: W. Wood, 1920 url p. 1, p. 534, p. 535, p. 713, p. 825, p. 826, p. 836, p. 842, p. 846, p. 847, p. 87.
- The animal parasites of man; a handbook for students and medical men. By Dr. Max Braun. New York, Wood, 1908. url p. 398, p. xii.
- The biology of insects, by George H. Carpenter. .. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1928. url p. 270.
- The effects of inanition and malnutrition upon growth and structure, by C. M. Jackson. .. 117 illustrations. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co.[c1925] url p. 60.
- The entomological cabinet; being a natural history of British insects: with plates illustrative of the principal families and genera / George Samouelle. London: G. Henderson, 1841. url .
- The external and internal parasites of [man and] domestic animals. By A.E. Verrill. Hartford, Conn., Case, Lockwood & Brainard, printers, 1870 url p. 32.
- The history of Harting, by the Rev. H.D. Gordon. With a chapter on the geology of the district, by the late Sir Roderick Impey Murchison, and some notice of its fauna and flora, by J. Weaver. London: Printed for the authors by W. Davy, 1877. url p. 425.
- The illustrated natural history / by J.G. Wood; with new designs by Wolf, Zwecker, Weir, Coleman, Harvey, etc. etc.; engraved by the brothers Dalziel. London: G. Routledge, [188-?] url p. 550.
- The influence of man on animal life in Scotland; study in faunal evolution, by James Ritchie. .. Cambridge: University press, 1920. url p. 404, p. 421.
- The insect book: a popular account of the bees, wasps, ants, grasshoppers, flies, and other North American insects exclusive of the butterflies, moths and beetles, with full life histories, tables and bibliographies / by Leland O. Howard. Garden City: Doubleday, 1916. url , , p. 289, p. 290.
- The insect book; a popular account of the bees, wasps, ants, grasshoppers, flies and other North American insects exclusive of the butterflies, moths and beetles, with full life histories, tables and bibliographies, by Leland O. Howard. Garden City, N. Y., Doubleday, Doran & company, 1937. url p. 289, p. 290.
- The insect world: being a popular account of the orders of insects, together with a description of the habits and economy of some of the most interesting species. LondonCassell1892 url p. 527.
- The insect world; being a popular account of the orders of insects, together with a description of the habits and economy of some of the most interesting species. From the French of Louis Figuier...Illustrated by 564 woodcuts. By MM. E. Blanchard, Delahaye, after Reaumur. etc. New York: D. Appleton, 1868. url p. 515, p. 93.
- The life of North American insects / by B. Jaeger...assisted by H.C. Preston, ; with numerous illustrations, from specimens in the cabinet of the author. New York: Harper, 1864, c1859. url p. 79.
- The life of North American insects, by B. Jaeger. Assisted by H. C. Preston, with numerous illustrations from specimens in the cabinet of the author. New York, Harper, 1859. url p. 79.
- The life of North American insects. By B. Jaeger. .. Assisted by H.C. Preston, M.D. With numerous illustrations from specimens in the cabinet of the author. New York, Harper & Brothers, 1859. url p. 79.
- The micrographic dictionary; a guide to the examination and investigation of the structure and nature of microscopic objects, by J. W. Griffith and Arthur Henfrey. London, J. Van Voorst, 1883. url , , p. 177, p. 177, p. 276, p. 960.
- The microscope and its revelations / London: J. & A. Churchill, 1901. url p. 1145.
- The microscope and its revelations, by William B. Carpenter. London, John Churchill and Sons, 1868. url p. 684.
- The microscope and its revelations. New York, W. Wood, 1883. url p. 246.
- The microscope, and its revelations. Philadelphia: Blanchard and Lea, 1856. url .
- The microscope: and its revelations. Philadelphia, Blanchard and Lea, 1856. url .
- The microscope: its history, construction, and application, being a familiar introduction to the use of the instrument and the study of microscopial science. London, Routledge, Warnes, and Routledge, 1859. url p. 509.
- The natural history of animals: the animal life of the world in its various aspects and relations, London, The Gresham Publishing Company, 1903-04. url , .
- The natural history of the Toronto region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url p. 310.
- The new natural history, by Richard Lydekker. .. and R. Bowdler Sharpe, H.A. MacPherson, F.O. Pickard-Cambridge, W.R. Ogilvie Grant, C.J. Gahan, F.A. Bather, Edgar A. Smith, R.I. Pocock, M. Bernard, H. Bernard and R. Kirkpatr New York, Merrill and Baker[189-?] url p. 190.
- The new natural history. New York, Merrill, c1901. url p. 3156.
- The phylogeny of the Hemiptera based on a study of the head capsule. Urbana, The University of Illinois press, 1938. url p. 10, p. 100, p. 31, p. 68, p. 70, p. 80, p. 88, p. 96.
- The pictorial museum of animated nature. .. London: C. Cox, [1844?] url p. 335.
- The popular natural history / New York, Burt Co.[1884?] url .
- The practical study of malaria and other blood parasites, by J.W.W. Stephens and S.R. Christophers. London, Published for the University Press of Liverpool by Williams and Norgate, 1908. url .
- The principles of applied zoology, by Robert A. Wardle. London, Longmans, Greem, and co., 1929. url p. 123, p. 397.
- The relationship between insect mineral content and radiation sensitivity / by Richard Levy. 1971. url p. 107.
- The royal natural history / edited by Richard Lydekker; with preface by P.L. Sclater; illustrated with seventy-two coloured plates and sixteen hundred engravings by W. Kuhnert. .. [et al.]. London: F. Warne, 1893-1896. url p. 190, p. 191, p. 191.
- The royal natural history. With pref. by P. L. Sclater. Illustrated with 72 col. plates and 1600 engravings. London, F. Warne, 1893-96. url p. 191.
- The science of biology. St. Louis, C.V. Mosby Co., 1952. url p. 558.
- The standard natural history. Boston, S. E. Cassino and Company, 1884-85. url .
- The standard natural history. Ed. by John Sterling Kingsley. Boston, S.E. Cassino and company, 1884-85. url p. 209, p. 285.
- The tribes on my frontier; an Indian naturalist's foreign policy, by Eha [pseud]. .. illustrated by F. C. Macrae. Calcutta, Tacker, Sprink, 1914. url p. 127.
- Ticks, a monograph of the Ixodoidea, by George H.F. Nuttall. .. Cecil Warburton. .. W.F. Cooper. .. and L.E. Robinson. .. Cambridge, University press, 1908-1960. url p. 2.
- Transactions and proceedings of the New Zealand Institute. Wellington: New Zealand Institute. url p. 248, p. 248.
- Transactions of the American Entomological Society Philadelphia: The Society, 1890- url p. 363.
- Transactions of the Connecticut Academy of Arts and Sciences. New Haven: Published by the Academy, 1866- url p. 921, p. 921.
- Transactions of the Royal Microscopical Society. London: John Churchill and Sons, 1867- url p. 268.
- Tropical medicine and hygiene. London, Bale, 1913-14. url p. 260.
- Tropical medicine and parasitology [by] E.G. Nauck [and others.] [N.p.]Off. of Military Govt. for Germany, Field Information Agencies Technical, British, French, U.S.1918 url p. 142.
- University of California publications in entomology. [Berkeley]: University of California Press, 1906- url p. 286.
- Wild life of the world: a descriptive survey of the geographical distribution of animals / London; F. Warne and co., 1916. url p. 424.
- Yearbook of agriculture. WashingtonU.S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 394, p. 756.
- Zoological classification; a handy book of reference with tables of the subkingdoms, classes, orders, etc., of the animal kingdom, their characters and lists of the families and principal genera. London, J. Van Voorst, 1880. url p. 108, p. 110.
- Zoologist. London.1843-1916 url p. 1526, p. 2380.
- Zoology of Colorado, by Theodore D.A. Cockerell. .. Boulder, Col., University of Colorado, 1927. url p. 161.
- Zoology: a systematic account of the general structure, habits, instincts, and uses of the principal families of the animal kingdom / by William B. Carpenter. London: Wm. S. Orr, 1848. url p. 193.
- Zoology: being a sketch of the classification, structure, distribution, and habits, of animals / by William B. Carpenter. Dublin: W. and R. Chambers; 1844-1845. url p. 193.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 15, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal January 31, 2008:
- University of Turku provider, Heteroptera collections of SW Finland
- Zoologisches Forschungsinstitut und Museum Alexander Koenig, ZFMK Heteroptera collection
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2622946
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-107058
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 4490920
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 107058
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: IIHEMD0010
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 161178