- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (C. Linnaeus, 1758) Cuvier, 1795
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- Subclass: Metabranchia ()
- Class: Bivalvia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - Bivalves
- Phylum: Mollusca () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758) Cuvier, 1795 - Molluscs
- Superphylum: Eutrochozoa ()
- Infrakingdom: Lophotrochozoa ()
- Branch: Protostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 24-Jun-1996
Members of the genus Chama
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 7 species and subspecies in this genus:
C. arcana (Secret Jewelbox) · C. congregata (Corrugate Jewelbox) · C. florida (Pretty Jewelbox) · C. lactuca (Milky Jewelbox) · C. macerophylla (Leafy Jewelbox) · C. sarda (Cherry Jewelbox) · C. sinuosa (Smooth-Edge Jewelbox)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A popular history of the Mollusca; comprising a familiar account of their classification, instincts and habits, and of the growth and distinguishing characters of their shells. By Mary Roberts. London, Reeve and Benham, 1851. url p. 312.
- Annual report - Western Society of Malacologists. Pomona, Calif., Western Society of Malacologists. url p. 16.
- Annual report of the regents of the university of the state of New York on the condition of the State Cabinet of Natural History and the historical and antiquarian collection annexed thereto. Albany, Regents of the University of the State of New York. url p. 29.
- Bibliography of North American conchology previous to the year 1860: prepared for the Smithsonian Institution / by W. G. Binney. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1863-1864. url p. 150, p. 170, p. 187, p. 461, p. 61.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 33.
- Bulletin / Smithsonian Institution, Bureau of American Ethnology. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1971. url p. 298, p. 413.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences. Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1902-1971. url p. 59, p. 62, p. 67, p. 73.
- Bulletins of American paleontology. 33 1951 Ithaca, N.Y., Paleontological Research Institution [etc.] url p. 294, p. 58.
- Catalogue of the collection of Mazatlan shells in the British Museum, collected by Frederick Reigen / described by Philip P. Carpenter. London: Printed by order of the Trustees, 1857. url p. 305, p. 87, p. 89.
- Check lists of the shells of North America Prepared for the Smithsonian institution, by Isaac Lea, P. P. Carpenter, Wm. Stimpson, W. G. Binney, and Temple Prime Washington, Smithsonian institution1860 url p. 3.
- Checklist of the recent bivalve mollusks (Pelecypoda) of the northwest coast of America from the Polar Sea to San Diego, California. By William Healy Dall... Los Angeles, 1916. url p. 26.
- Conchologia iconica, or, Illustrations of the shells of molluscous animals / by Lovell Augustus Reeve. London: Reeve, Brothers, 1843-1878. url .
- Essays in the natural sciences in honor of Captain Allan Hancock, on occasion of his birthday, July 26, 1955. Los AngelesUniversity of Southern California Press url p. 114, p. 336, p. 341.
- List of marine Mollusca comprising the Quaternary fossils and recent forms from American localities between Cape Hatteras and Cape Roque, including the Bermudas / by William Healey Dall. Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1885. url p. 68.
- List of the shells of South America in the collection of the British Museum. Collected and described by M. Alcide d'Orbigny. .. London, Printed by order of the trustees, 1854. url p. 87.
- Memoirs of the San Diego Society of Natural History. 2 1972 San Diego, Calif.: The Society, 1931-1989. url p. 227, p. 280.
- Molluscan world, San Diego, Calif., 1915. url p. 123, p. 32.
- Mollusks of the tropical eastern Pacific: particularly from the southern half of the Panamic-Pacific faunal province (Panama to Peru); Panamic-Pacific Pelecypoda / by Axel A. Olsson. Ithaca, N.Y.: Paleontological Research Institution, 1961. url p. 223, p. 225, p. 507, p. 559.
- Proceedings - California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 135.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 135, p. 367, p. 427, p. 463, p. 572, p. 620.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 262, p. 422, p. 740.
- Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London. London: Academic Press, [etc.], 1833-1965. url p. 148.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 9 1869 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 150, p. 170, p. 187, p. 23, p. 3, p. 461, p. 61, p. 9.
- Texas conchologist. [Houston, Houston Conchology Society], 1964- url p. 65.
- The Mollusca and the Brachiopoda. Cambridge, Harvard College, Museum of Comparative Zoology]1908. url p. 262.
- The Nautilus. Melbourne, Fla., etc., American Malacologists, inc., etc. url p. 223, p. 81.
- The West-Indian marine shells: with some remarks, a manuscript printed for circulation between collectors. Falster, Denmark: Printed by W. Laubs widow & Chr. Jørgensen, 1864. url p. 117.
- The mollusks of western North America. Washington, Smithsonian Institution, 1872. url , .
- Transactions of the San Diego Society of Natural History. 13 1964 [San Diego]: The Society, 1905-1989. url p. 340, p. 348.
- Transactions of the Zoological Society of London. [London]: Published for the Zoological Society of London by Academic Press url p. 302.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 15, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 17, 2007:
- Academy of Natural Sciences, Academy of Natural Sciences Malacology Database
- Berkeley Natural History Museums, University of California Museum of Paleontology DiGIR provider
- Instituto Nacional de Biodiversidad
- , Biodiversidad de Costa Rica