- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (C. Linnaeus, 1758) Cuvier, 1795
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- Subclass: Metabranchia ()
- Class: Bivalvia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - Bivalves
- Phylum: Mollusca () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758) Cuvier, 1795 - Molluscs
- Superphylum: Eutrochozoa ()
- Infrakingdom: Lophotrochozoa ()
- Branch: Protostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Members of the genus Chama
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 7 species and subspecies in this genus:
C. arcana (Secret Jewelbox) · C. congregata (Corrugate Jewelbox) · C. florida (Pretty Jewelbox) · C. lactuca (Milky Jewelbox) · C. macerophylla (Leafy Jewelbox) · C. sarda (Cherry Jewelbox) · C. sinuosa (Smooth-Edge Jewelbox)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A manual of conchology, according to the system laid down by Lamarck, with the late improvements by De Blainville exemplified and arranged for the use of students. By Thomas Wyatt. New York, Harper & brothers, 1838. url p. 70.
- Bulletins of American paleontology. 55 1969 Ithaca, N.Y., Paleontological Research Institution [etc.] url p. 362.
- Conchologia iconica, or, Illustrations of the shells of molluscous animals / by Lovell Augustus Reeve. London: Reeve, Brothers, 1843-1878. url .
- Handbook of systematic malacology / by Johannes Thiele; scientific editors of translation, Rüdiger Bieler and Paula M. Mikkelsen; translator, J.S. Bhatti. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Libraries: National Science Foundation, 1992- url p. 1333.
- Marine Lamellibranchiata. Kobenhavn, B. Lunos Bogtrykkeri, 1909. url p. 264.
- Mollusks of the tropical eastern Pacific: particularly from the southern half of the Panamic-Pacific faunal province (Panama to Peru); Panamic-Pacific Pelecypoda / by Axel A. Olsson. Ithaca, N.Y.: Paleontological Research Institution, 1961. url p. 225.
- The conchologist's first book, or, A system of testaceous malacology, arranged expressly for the use of schools: in which the animals, according to Cuvier, are given with the shells, a great number of new species added, and the whole brought up, as accurately as possible, to the present condition of the science by Edgar A. Poe; with illustrations of two hundred and fifteen shells, presenting a correct type of each genus. Philadelphia: Published for the author, by Haswell, Barrington, and Haswell, 1839. url p. 66.
- The conchologist's first book: a system of testaceous malacology, arranged expressly for the use of schools, in which the animals, according to Cuvier, are given with the shells, a great number of new Philadelphia, Pub. for the Author, by Haswell, Barrington, and Haswell, 1840. url p. 71.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 15, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal December 05, 2007:
- Academy of Natural Sciences, Academy of Natural Sciences Malacology Database
- Academy of Natural Sciences, Academy of Natural Sciences OBIS Mollusc Database [Darwin Core]