Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Common Names in French:
Common Names in German:
Common Names in Japanese:
Common Names in Spanish:
Colibr, ColibrÌ cabeza roja
Adult Female: Head : Crown: green Bill: black Curvature: straight Neck: Nape: green Throat : red flecks or spot Body: Underparts: pale gray Upperparts: green Tail: green with white tips on outer 3 feathers Shape : rounded.Adult Male: Head: rose-red Bill: black Curvature: straight Length : short Neck: Sides: rose red Throat: rose-red Body: Belly: grayish with greenish tint Flanks: grayish with greenish tint Sides: grayish with greenish tint Underparts: grayish Tail: dark green with blackish outer feathers Shape: slightly notched.
About 3.5 to 4 inches long, with a wingspan of 4.75 to 4.75 inches. Adults weigh about 0.1 ounces .
Vegetation: gallery forests, arid lowland scrubs, second-growth scrub • Maximum Elevation: 1,800 meters • Foraging Strata: Canopy • Center of Abundance: Upper subtropical: higher slopes, 500-1,600 m.; subtropics. • Sensitivity to Disturbance: Low
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 2,147 meters (0 to 7,044 feet).
List of Habitats
- 1 Forest
- 1.5 Forest - Subtropical/Tropical Dry
- 1.6 Forest - Subtropical/Tropical Moist Lowland
- 2 Savanna
- 2.1 Savanna - Dry
- 3 Shrubland
- 3.5 Shrubland - Subtropical/Tropical Dry
- 14 Artificial/Terrestrial
- 14.4 Artificial/Terrestrial - Rural Gardens
- 14.5 Artificial/Terrestrial - Urban Areas
- 14.6 Artificial/Terrestrial - Subtropical/Tropical Heavily Degraded Former Forest [more info]
Exclusively: Nectar Insects
- Clutch Size: 2
- Length of Incubation : 14-19 days
- Days to Fledge : 18-23
- Number of Broods: 2, possibly 3
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Bateson, 1885
- Cuvier, 1812
- Jawed Vertebrates
- Goodrich, 1930
- Linnaeus, 1758
- Gauthier, 1986
- (C. Linnaeus, 1758)
- Cohort: Neognathae () - Pycraft, 1900
- Infraclass: Aves () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758)
- Subclass: Avialae () - Gauthier, 1986
- Class: Aves () - Linnaeus, 1758
- Superclass: Tetrapoda () - Goodrich, 1930
- Infraphylum: Gnathostomata () - auct. - Jawed Vertebrates
- Subphylum: Vertebrata () - Cuvier, 1812 - Vertebrates
- Phylum: Chordata () - Bateson, 1885 - Chordates
- Infrakingdom: Chordonia () - (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Deuterostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Calypte anna (Lesson, 1829)
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 06-Dec-2005
Black-Chinned Hummingbird, Costa's Hummingbird
Members of the genus Calypte
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 3 species and subspecies in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A distributional list of the birds of Arizona / Hollywood, Calif.: Cooper Ornithological Club, 1914. url , , .
- A history of North American birds / by S. F. Baird, T. M. Brewer, and R. Ridgway. Boston: Little, Brown, 1905. url , , p. 453, p. 454, p. 457, index, page i.
- A history of North American birds Boston, Little, Brown and Co., 1874. url p. 597.
- A history of North American birds land birds / by S. F. Baird, T.M. Brewer, and R. Ridgway. Boston: Little, Brown, 1874. url p. 453, p. 454, p. 454, p. 457.
- A history of North American birds, by S.F. Baird, T.M. Brewer, and R. Ridgway. Land birds, illustrated by 64 chromo-lithographic plates and 593 woodcuts. Boston, Little, Brown, 1875. url p. 1, p. 1, p. 453, p. 454, p. 457.
- A manual of North American birds. By Robert Ridgway. Illustrated by 464 outline drawings of the generic characters. Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott company, 1896. url p. 598.
- A manual of North American birds. Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott Co., 1900. url p. 598.
- A study of the incubation periods of birds; what determines their lengths, Denver, Col., The Kendrick-Bellamy Co., 1917. url .
- A systematic list of the birds of California / by Joseph Grinnell. Hollywood: Cooper Ornithological Club, 1912. url p. 14.
- American birds studied and photographed from life / by William Lovell Finley. Illustrated with photographs by Herman T. Bohlman and the author. New York: Scribner's sons, 1907. url p. 15.
- American birds, studied and photographed from life, by William Lovell Finley; illustrated from photographs by Herman T. Bohlman and the author. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1907. url p. 11.
- An account of the birds and mammals of the San Jacinto area of southern California with remarks upon the behavior of geographic races on the margins of their habitats by J. Grinnell and H.S. Swarth. Berkeley, University of California Press, 1913. url p. 221, p. 250, p. 391.
- Animal forms; a second book of zoology, New York, D. Appleton and Company, 1902. url .
- Animal forms; a text-book of zoology, by David S. Jordan. .. and Harold Heath. New York: D. Appleton, 1907, c1902. url p. 224, p. 252.
- Animal life in the Yosemite; an account of the mammals, birds, reptiles, and amphibians in a cross-section of the Sierra Nevada, by Joseph Grinnell and Tracy Irwin Storer. .. Berkeley, Calif., University of California Press, 1924. url , , p. 18, p. 18, p. 353, p. 353, p. 743, p. 743.
- Animal studies; a text-book of elementary zoology for use in high schools and colleges, New York, D. Appleton and company, 1903. url p. 231, p. 450.
- Animals; a text-book of zoology, by David S. Jordan. .. Vernon L. Kellogg. .. and Harold Heath. New York, D. Appleton, 1907, c1902. url p. 224, p. 252.
- Annual report of the Laguna Marine Laboratory / Pomona College. Claremont, Calif.: Dept. of Biology, Pomona College, 1912- url p. 190, p. 54.
- Bird lore. New York City: Macmillan Co., c1899-c1940. url p. 219.
- Bird-lore. New York, National Association of Audubon Societies. url p. 219.
- Birds and nature. Chicago, Ill.: A.W. Mumford, Publisher, 1900-1907. url p. 50, p. 50, p. 51, p. 51.
- Birds of America; editor-in-chief, T. Gilbert Pearson; consulting editor, John Burroughs; artists, R.I. Brasher, R. Bruce Horsfall [and] Henry Thurston. New York, The University Society, 1923. url p. 184.
- Birds of California: an introduction to more than three hundred common birds of the state and adjacent islands, with a supplementary list of rare migrants, accidental visitants, and hypothetical subspecies / Chicago: A.C. McClurg, 1912, c1903. url .
- Birds of California; an introduction to more than three hundred common birds of the state and adjacent islands, with a supplementary list of rare migrants, accidental visitants, and hypothetical subspecies, Chicago, A.C. McClurg, 1916. url .
- Birds of the Pacific coast, including a brief account of the distribution and habitat of one hundred and eighteen birds that are more or less common to the Pacific coast states and British Columbia, many of which are found east by Willard Ayres Eliot; with fifty-six color plates, by R. Bruce Horsfall. 1923 New York, G. P. Putnam's sons, 1923. url p. 188.
- Birds of the Pacific slope of Los Angeles County: a list with brief notes / [Pasadena, Calif.: Pasadena Academy of Sciences], 1898 url .
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url , , p. 1065, p. 1813, p. 371, p. 380, p. 383, p. 385, p. 477, p. 495, p. 596, p. 616, p. 619, p. 622, p. 628, p. 636.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Entomology. Washington: G.P.O., 1904-1916. url p. 109, p. 24.
- Bulletin of the Essex Institute. Salem, Mass., Essex Institute. url p. 171.
- Bulletin of the Nuttall Ornithological Club. Cambridge, Mass.: The Club, [1876-1883] url p. 202.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences. Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1902-1971. url , p. 11, p. 9.
- Bulletin of the United States Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories / Department of the Interior. Washington: Government Printing Office, 1874- url p. 688.
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 126, p. 206.
- Catalogue of birds of the Americas and the adjacent islands in Field Museum of Natural History. including all species and subspecies known to occur in North America, Mexico, Central America, South America, the West Indies, and islands of the Caribbean Sea, the Galapagos Archipelago, and other is by Charles E. Hellmayr and Boardman Conover. 13 1918 Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1918. url p. 297, p. 298.
- Catalogue of the collection of birds' eggs in the British Museum (Natural History) London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1901-12. url p. 93.
- Check-list of North American birds / prepared by a committee of the American ornithologists' union. Lancaster, Pa.: The Union, 1931. url , p. 180.
- Check-list of North American birds, prepared by a committee of the American Ornithologists' Union. New York, American Ornithologists' Union, 1910. url p. 203.
- Check-list of North American birds. [Ithaca, N.Y.]1957. url p. 302.
- Check-list of North American birds: the species of birds of North America from the Arctic through Panama, including the West Indies and Hawaiian Islands / prepared by the Committee on Classification and Nomenclature of the American Orni Lawrence, Kan.: American Ornithologists' Union, 1983. url p. 350, p. 357, p. 790, p. 804.
- Check-list of birds of the world. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1931-1987. url p. 135, p. 136, p. 137.
- Checklist of CITES Species CITES, WCMC url p. 100, p. 103, p. 119.
- Checklist of CITES Species: a reference to the appendices to the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora CITES url p. 62, p. 66, p. 87, p. 111.
- Checklist of birds listed in the CITES appendices JNCC url p. 129.
- Color key to North American birds, with bibliographical appendix, by Frank M. Chapman. .. with upwards of 800 drawings, by Chester A. Reed, B.S. New York, D. Appleton & Company, 1912. url p. 335.
- Color key to North American birds; with bibliographical appendix. New York, D. Appleton, 1912. url .
- Conservation of marine birds of northern North America: papers from the international symposium held at the Seattle Hyatt House, Seattle, Washington, 13-15 May 1975 / edited by James C. Bartonek and David N. Nettleship; sponsored by Natural Resources Council of America. .. [et al.]. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service, 1979. url p. 165.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 856.
- Field Museum of Natural History bulletin. Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, -c1990. url p. 22.
- Field and forest. [Washington: Columbia Press, 1875-1878]. url p. 98.
- Field book of birds of the southwestern United States, by sqther E. Wyman. .. and Elizabeth F. Burnell. .. Boston, Houghton Mifflin Company, 1925. url p. 140, p. 298.
- First annual report of the Laguna Marine Laboratory at Laguna Beach, Orange County, California. Claremont, Calif., Dept. of Biology, Pomona College, 1912. url p. 190.
- Food of some well-known birds of forest, farm, and garden, Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1912. url .
- Guide to taxidermy, by Chas. K. Reed and Chester A. Reed. Illustrated by drawings and photographs of mounted specimens by the authors and Mr. N. F. Stone. Worcester, Mass., C.K. Reed, 1914. url p. 269.
- Handbook of birds of the western United States: including the Great Plains, Great Basin, Pacific Slope, and lower Rio Grande Valley / by Florence Merriam Bailey. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1915, c1902. url p. 237, p. 512.
- Ibis. [London]Published for the British Ornithologists' Union by Academic Press. url p. 497, p. 655, p. 690, p. 703.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url p. 219.
- Key to North American birds. Containing a concise account of every species of living and fossil bird at present known from the continent north of the Mexican and United States boundary, inclusive of Greenland and lower California Boston, Estes and Lauriat, 1890. url p. 460.
- Life histories of North American birds, from the parrots to the grackles with special reference to their breeding habits and eggs / by Charles Bendire. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1895. url .
- Memoir / Ithaca, N.Y. url p. 723.
- Museum bulletin / Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1908-1916. url p. 108.
- Naturalist's guide to the Americas, prepared by the Committee on the Preservation of Natural Conditions of the Ecological Society of America, with assistance from numerous organizations and individuals, assembled and edited by chairman, Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1926. url p. 748, p. 748.
- Nests and eggs of North American birds: with a chapter on ornithological and oölogical collecting (the preparation of skins, nests and eggs for the cabinet). Toronto: Musson url p. 293.
- North American birds eggs, New York, Doubleday, Page & company, 1904. url , .
- North American birds eggs, by Chester A. Reed...illustrating the eggs of nearly every species of North American birds. New York, Doubleday, Page & company, 1904. url p. 337.
- North American birds eggs. New York: Dover Pub, . url p. 208, p. 337.
- North American fauna. Washington: Fish and Wildlife Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U. S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 117, p. 172, p. 40, p. 58.
- Occasional papers - San Diego Society of Natural History. 1959 San Diego, The Society. url p. 22, p. 43.
- Ornithological bibliography. [Washington: Geological Survey [etc.], 1878-1880. url p. 687, p. 688.
- Ornithologist and oo?logist Pawtucket, R.I. url p. 149.
- Our native birds of song and beauty, being a complete history of all the songbirds, flycatchers, hummingbirds, swifts, goatsuckers, woodpeckers, kingfishers, trogons, cuckoos, and parrots, of North America. Milwaukee, G. Brumder, 1893-96. url .
- P.D. Skaar's Montana bird distribution / revised by the Montana Bird Distribution Committee. [Helena, MT]:Montana Natural Heritage Program, 1996 url p. 63.
- Pacific coast avifauna / Cooper Ornithnological Club of California. Santa Clara, Calif.: The Club, 1900-1974. url p. 10, p. 10, p. 106, p. 109, p. 109, p. 111, p. 113, p. 113, p. 115, p. 121, p. 121, p. 121, p. 121, p. 124, p. 124, p. 14, p. 149, p. 149, p. 158, p. 184, p. 194, p. 22, p. 38, p. 38, p. 41, p. 41, p. 44, p. 58, p. 58, p. 60, p. 60, p. 63, p. 63, p. 7, p. 7, p. 8, p. 8, p. 83, p. 83, p. 87, p. 9, p. 9, p. 90, p. 90, p. 94, p. 94.
- Part I. Palæontology. By F. B. Meek. Part II. Palæontology. By James Hall and R. P. Whitfield. Part III. Ornithology. By Robert Ridgway... Washington, Govt. print. off., 1877. url p. 558.
- Point Lobos Reseerve; State Park, California. Interpretation of a primitive landscape. Sacramento, [State Print. Off., 1954] url p. 95.
- Proceedings - California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 54.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 211, p. 211, p. 582, p. 868, p. 868.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url , , p. 15, p. 299, p. 448, p. 755, p. 756, p. 757, p. 758, p. 759, p. 760, p. 761, p. 762, p. 811, p. 824, p. 842.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 284, p. 297, p. 402, p. 54, p. 571.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 276, p. 276.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url .
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 21, p. 391, p. 393, p. 43, p. 669.
- Publication. Field Museum of Natural History. Chicago, U.S.A.: The Museum, 1910-1943. url , .
- Report of the Geological Exploration of the Fortieth Parallel, made by order of the Secretary of War according to acts of Congress of March 2, 1867, and March 3, 1869 / Washington: Government Printing Office, 1870-1880. url p. 558.
- Report of the Geological exploration of the fortieth parallel made by order of the Secretary of War according to acts of Congress of March 2, 1867, and March 3, 1869, under the direction of. .. A.A. Humphreys, chief of engineers, by Clarence King, U.S. geologist Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1870-80 url p. 558, p. 653.
- Report of the geological exploration of the fortieth parallel / Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1870-80 url p. 336.
- Report upon United States Geographical Surveys West of the One Hundredth Meridian / Washington [D.C.]: G.P.O., 1875-1889. url p. 375, p. 495.
- Report upon the ornithological collections made in portions of Nevade, Utah, California, Colorado, New Mexico, and Arizona, during the years 1871, 1872, 1873, and 1874, by H.W. Henshaw. Washington, D.C., 1875 url p. 495, p. 979.
- Results of a biological survey of Mount Shasta, California, Washington, Govt Print. Off., 1899. url .
- Results of a biological survey of mount Shasta, California, by C. Hart Merriam, chief of Divison of Biological Survey. Washington, U.S. Dept. of Agriculture. Div. of Biological Survey: 1899. url p. 117.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 674.
- Sex and internal secretions. Contributors: A. Albert [and others] Foreword by George W. Corner. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1961. url p. 1525.
- Smithsonian contributions to knowledge. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1848-1916. url , p. 200, p. 204, p. 206, p. 207, p. 510.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 115 1951 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 389, p. 392, p. 451.
- Smithsonian scientific series. New York: Smithsonian Institution Series, Inc., -32. url .
- Special bulletin / Smithsonian Institution, United States National Museum. Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office, 1892- url , p. 200, p. 206, p. 510.
- Supplement to the code of nomenclature and check-list of North American birds. adopted by the American Ornithologists' Union; prepared by a Committee of the Union. New York: The Union, 1889-1920. url p. 62.
- The American oologists' exchange price list of North American birds' eggs, 1922 / compiled by a committee of twenty-five prominent American oologists. Lacon, Ill.: R. Magoon Barnes, 1922. url p. 64.
- The Auk. Washington, D.C.: American Ornithologists' Union, etc., 1884- url p. 115, p. 129, p. 134, p. 140, p. 184, p. 199, p. 235, p. 292, p. 293, p. 313, p. 349, p. 384, p. 414, p. 440, p. 452, p. 460, p. 463, p. 471, p. 493, p. 62, p. 629.
- The Avicultural magazine. Ascot, Berkshire, etc.: Avicultural Society, etc. url p. 98.
- The Canadian bird book: illustrating in natural colors more than seven hundred north American birds, also several hundred photographs of their nests and eggs / by Chester A. Reed. Toronto: Musson Book Co., c1914. url p. 275, p. 453.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 14, p. 259, p. 394, p. 438, p. 685.
- The Journal of animal behavior. Albany, N.Y.: Henry Holt and Co., [1911-1917?] url p. 273.
- The Nidologist. New York City: Henry Reed Taylor, [1895-1897] url p. 130.
- The Oo?logist for the student of birds, their nests and eggs. Albion, N.Y.: Frank H. Lattin, 1886- url p. 94.
- The Warbler. Floral Park: Mayflower Pub. Co., [1903-1913] url p. 45, p. 85.
- The Wilson bulletin. Columbus, Ohio: Wilson Ornithological Society, 1894- url , p. 284, p. 4, p. 84.
- The bird book, illustrating in natural colors more than seven hundred North American birds, also several hundred photographs of their nests and eggs, Worcester, Mass., C. K. Reed, 1914. url , .
- The bird book: illustrating in natural colors more than seven hundred North American birds; also several hundred photographs of their nests and eggs / by Chester A. Reed. Garden City, New York, Doubleday, Page & company, 1915. url p. 275.
- The birds of El Salvador, by Donald R. Dickey and A. J. Van Rossem. 23 1938 Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1938. url p. 252, p. 266.
- The birds of North and Middle America: a descriptive catalogue of the higher groups, genera, species, and subspecies of birds known to occur in North America, from the Arctic lands to the Isthmus of Panama, the West Indies and other island Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1901- url , , , , , , , .
- The birds of North and middle America: a descriptive catalogue of the higher groups, genera, species, and subspecies of birds known to occur in North America, from the Arctic lands to the Isthmus of Panama, the West Indies and other island Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1901- url , p. 596, p. 597, p. 619, p. 622, p. 628, p. 636.
- The condor. Santa Clara, Calif.: Cooper Ornithological Club, [1900- url p. 127, p. 138, p. 203, p. 243, p. 66, p. 88.
- The crane-flies of New York. Part II. Biology and phylogeny, by Charles Paul Alexander. Ithaca, 1920 url p. 723.
- The crane-flies of New York. [Ithaca]1919-1920. url p. 723.
- The fundus oculi of birds, especially as viewed by the ophthalmoscope; a study in the comparative anatomy and physiology, by Casey Albert Wood. Illustrated by 145 drawings in the text; also by sixty-one colored paintings prepared for this work by Arthur W. Head. .. Chicago, The Lakeside Press, 1917. url p. 100.
- The humming birds / by Robert Ridgway. Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1892. url p. 267, p. 334, p. 336, p. 342.
- The humming birds. By Robert Ridgway. url p. 267, p. 302, p. 312, p. 314, p. 330, p. 333, p. 334, p. 336.
- The oist. Albion, N.Y.: Frank H. Lattin, 1886-1941. url p. 94.
- The second book of birds; bird families, by Olive Thorne Miller, with eight colored plates from designs by Louis Agassiz Fuertes, and sixteen other full-page illustrations. Boston, Houghton, Mifflin, 1901. url .
- The vertebrate eye and its adaptive radiation [by] Gordon Lynn Walls. Bloomfield Hills, Mich., Cranbrook Institute of Science, 1942 url p. 188.
- Transactions of the San Diego Society of Natural History. 3 1919 [San Diego]: The Society, 1905-1989. url p. 20, p. 20, p. 291, p. 329, p. 366, p. 446, p. 69.
- University of California publications in zoology. Berkeley: University Press, 1906- url p. 221, p. 250, p. 391, p. 408, p. 430, p. 71.
- Voyage of the 'Albatross' to the Gulf of California in 1911. New York, 1916. url p. 16.
- Washington State Coastal Zone Management Program amendment no. 3: approval of the Grays Harbor estuary management plan: program draft environmental impact statement. [Olympia, Wash.?]: Grays Harbor Regional Planning Commission; 1983. url p. 7.
- Western birds, by Harriet Williams Myers. New York, The Macmillan company, 1922. url p. 57.
- World Checklist of Threatened Birds Joint Nature Conservation Committee url p. 150.
- BirdLife International 2009. Calypte anna. In: IUCN 2011. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. <www.iucnredlist.org>. Downloadedon 31January2012.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
- IUCN 2012. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. . Downloaded on January 28, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 26, 2007:
- Avian Knowledge Network, eBird
- Canadian Biodiversity Information Facility, Provincial Museum of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada. Birds
- Canadian Biodiversity Information Facility, Royal British Columbia Museum
- Museum of Vertebrate Zoology, Terrestrial vertebrate specimens
- Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History, Santa Barbara Musem of Natural History
- UNIBIO, IBUNAM, CNAV/Coleccion Nacional de Aves
- University of Alaska Museum of the North, University of New Mexico Museum of Southwestern Biology Bird Collection
- University of Michigan Museum of Zoology
- , Bird specimens
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 10278
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-178036
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 2490700
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 178036
- IUCN ID: 197366
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: ABNUC47010
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 13033