Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Great Egret, Great White Egret
Common Names in French:
Common Names in German:
Adult : Face : Facial Skin : black Bill: yellow Legs : Leg Color: dark gray.Adult Breeding Season : Bill: yellow Body: Back: grows plumes Legs: Leg Color: dark gray.Adult Winter: Bill: yellow Legs: Leg Color: pale to greenish-gray.
About 37 to 41 inches long, with a wingspan of 55 to 55 inches. Adults weigh about 32 ounces .
Vegetation: freshwater marshes, saltwater and brackish marshes, coastal sand beaches and mudflats, coastal rocky beaches, freshwater lakes and ponds • Maximum Elevation: 1,500 meters • Foraging Strata: Water • Center of Abundance: Lower tropical: lowlands, lower than 500 m.; tropics. • Sensitivity to Disturbance: Low
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 2,911 meters (0 to 9,551 feet).
Mostly: Aquatic Invertebrates Fish. Lesser quantities of reptiles , amphibians , and small mammals.
- Breeding Habitat : Wetland-open water
- Clutch Size: 3-5
- Length of Incubation : 23-26 days
- Days to Fledge : 42-49
- Number of Broods: 1
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Bateson, 1885
- Cuvier, 1812
- Jawed Vertebrates
- Goodrich, 1930
- Linnaeus, 1758
- Gauthier, 1986
- (C. Linnaeus, 1758)
- Pycraft, 1900
- Garrod, 1874
- Wagler, 1830
- Parvorder: Ciconiida ()
- Infraorder: Ciconiides () -
- Suborder: Ciconii () -
- Order: Ardeiformes () - Wagler, 1830
- Superorder: Ciconiimorphae () - Garrod, 1874
- Cohort: Neognathae () - Pycraft, 1900
- Infraclass: Aves () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758)
- Subclass: Avialae () - Gauthier, 1986
- Class: Aves () - Linnaeus, 1758
- Superclass: Tetrapoda () - Goodrich, 1930
- Infraphylum: Gnathostomata () - auct. - Jawed Vertebrates
- Subphylum: Vertebrata () - Cuvier, 1812 - Vertebrates
- Phylum: Chordata () - Bateson, 1885 - Chordates
- Infrakingdom: Chordonia () - (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Deuterostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 17-Jul-2007
Great Blue Heron, Snowy Egret, Reddish Egret, Little Blue Heron,
Cattle Egret is smaller, more compact, with shorter bill and legs, thick head. Snowy Egret is smaller with black bill and yellow feet.
Members of the genus Ardea
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 24 species and subspecies in this genus:
A. alba (Great White Egret) · A. alba alba (Great White Egret) · A. cinerea (European Blue Heron) · A. cinerea cinerea (European Blue Heron) · A. cocoi (White-Necked Heron) · A. goliath (Goliath Heron) · A. herodias (Northwestern Coast Heron) · A. herodias fannini (Great Blue Heron) · A. herodias herodias (Great Blue Heron) · A. herodias hyperonca (Great Blue Heron) · A. herodias occidentalis (Great White Heron) · A. herodias sanctilucae (Great Blue Heron) · A. herodias treganzai (Great Blue Heron) · A. herodias wardi (Great Blue Heron) · A. humbloti (Madagascar Heron) · A. imperialis (White-Bellied Heron) · A. insignis (White-Bellied Heron) · A. melanocephala (Black-Headed Heron) · A. novaehollandiae (White-Faced Heron) · A. pacifica (White-Necked Heron) · A. picata (Pied Heron) · A. purpurea (Purple Heron) · A. sumatrana (Great-Billed Heron) · A. sumatrana sumatrana (Great-Billed Heron)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- , 274 p.port.22 cm. url p. 145.
- A List of British birds / London: British Ornithologists' Union, 1915. url .
- A List of British birds / London: John Van Voorst, 1883. url , , , .
- A List of birds' eggs in the collection of Mr. William Stoate, Wembdon, Bridgewater. [188-?] url p. 34.
- A catalogue of the animals of North America: containing, an enumeration of the known quadrupeds, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, crustaceous and testaceous animals. .. to which are added short directions for collecting, preserving, and transport by John Reinhold Forster. London: Sold by B. White, 1771. url p. 14.
- A catalogue of the collection of birds formed by the late Hugh Edwin Strickland. Cambridge, Univ. Press, 1882. url p. 516.
- A concise handbook of British birds / H. Kirke Swann. London: J. Wheldon, 1896. url p. 133.
- A dictionary of English and folk-names of British birds; with their history, meaning, and first usage, and the folk-lore, weather-lore, legends, etc., relating to the more familiar species. By H. Kirke Swann. London, Witherby & co., 1913. url p. 157, p. 157, p. 157.
- A dictionary of birds, by Alfred Newton, assisted by Hans Gadow, with contributions from Richard Lydekker. .. Charles S. Roy. .. and Robert W. Shufeldt. .. London, A. and C. Black, 1893-1896. url p. 192.
- A general history of birds. Winchester [Eng.]Printed by Jacob and Johnson, for the author;1821-28. url p. 50, p. 84.
- A general system of nature: through the three grand kingdoms of animals, vegetables, and minerals; systematically divided into their several classes, orders, genera, species, and varieties with their habitations, manners, econo translated from Gmelin's last edition of the celebrated Systema Naturae by Charles Linné; ammended and enlarged by the improvements and discoveries of later naturalists and societies with appropriate London: Printed for Lackington, ALlen, and Co., Temple of the Muses, Finsbury Square; 1802-06. url p. 27, p. 27.
- A geographical and comparative list of the birds of Europe and North America / by Charles Lucian Bonaparte. London: J. Van Voorst, 1838. url p. 47.
- A geographical bibliography of British ornithology from the earliest time to the end of 1918, arranged under counties, being a record of printed books, published articles, notes and records relating to local avifauna, by W. H. Mullens, H. Kirke Swann, F. C. R. Jourdain. London, Witherby, 1920. url p. 339, p. 339, p. 339.
- A glossary of Greek birds, by D'Arcy Wentworth Thomoson. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1895. url p. 58, p. 58.
- A glossary of Greek birds. OxfordClarendon Press1895 url p. 58.
- A glossary of popular, local and old-fashioned names, of British birds; London: H. Sotheran & Co., 1902. url p. 12, p. 20, p. 59.
- A guide to the birds of Nepal Christopher Helm (Publishers) Ltd. url p. 90.
- A hand-book to the birds of Great Britain / by R. Bowdler Sharpe. London: E. Lloyd, 1896-1897. url p. 74.
- A hand-list of British birds, with an account of the distribution of each species in the British Isles and abroad. By Ernst Hartert, F. C. R. Jourdain, N. F. Ticehurst and H. F. Withersby. London, Witherby, 1912. url p. 123, p. 220.
- A hand-list of genera and species of birds of the Indian empire, by E. C. Stuart Baker. .. Bombay, Printed by order of the committee of the Bombay natural history society url p. 232.
- A handbook of British birds, showing the distribution of the resident and migratory species in the British islands, with an index to the records of the rarer visitants, by J.E. Harting. .. London, J.C. Nimmo, 1901. url p. 439, p. 505, p. 509.
- A handbook of British birds: showing the distribution of the resident and migratory species in the British islands, with an index to the records of the rarer visitants / by J. E. Harting. London: J. van Voorst, 1872. url p. 147, p. 147, p. 189, p. 189.
- A handbook of European birds for the use of field naturalists and collectors. By James Backhouse. London, Gurney and Jackson, 1890. url p. 180, p. 318.
- A handbook of the vertebrate fauna of Yorkshire: being a catalogue of British mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, and fishes / by Wm. Eagle Clarke, and Wm. Denison Roebuck. London: Reeve, 1881. url p. 50, p. 50.
- A handbook to the birds of British Bermah, including those found in the adjoining state of Karennee, by Eugene W. Oates. .. London, R.H. Porter, 1883. url , p. 246.
- A history of British birds / by William Yarrell, V.P.L.S., F.Z.S. London: John van Voorst, 1871-1885. url p. 177, p. 177, p. 518.
- A history of British birds by William Yarrell; illustrated by 535 wood-engravings. London: J. Van Voorst, 1845. url p. 518, p. 519.
- A history of British birds, London, Pub. for the author by R. H. Porter [etc.]1883-85. url , .
- A history of British birds, indigenous and migratory: including their organization, habits, and relation; remarks on classification and nomenclature; an account of the principal organs of birds, and observations relative to practical ornithology. .. By William Macgillivray. London, Printed for Scott, Webster and Geary, 1837-52. url p. 464, p. 465.
- A history of British birds, with coloured illustrations of their eggs. By Henry Seebohm. .. London, Pub. for the author by R.H. Porter [etc.]1883-85. url p. 477, p. 478.
- A history of British birds. By the Rev. F. O. Morris. London, Groombridge and sons, [1851-57?] url .
- A history of British birds. London, J. Van Voorst, 1871-85. url p. 177.
- A history of the birds of Ceylon / London: Published by the author, 1880 [i.e. 1878-1880] url p. 1138.
- A history of the birds of Europe, not observed in the British Isles / by C. R. Bree. London: G. Bell & Sons, 1875-1876. url p. 163.
- A history of the birds of Europe: including all the species inhabiting the western palaearctic region / London: Published by the Author, 1871-1881. url , , , p. 231, p. 232, p. 236, p. 237, p. 238, p. 241, p. 243.
- A history of the birds of New Zealand / London: John van Voorst, 1873 url , , p. 226, p. 373.
- A list of British birds / compiled by a committee of the British Ornithologists' Union. London: J. van Voorst, 1883. url , p. 108.
- A list of British birds belonging to the Humber district: having a special reference to their migrations / by John Cordeaux. London [England]: R. H. Porter, 1899. url p. 20.
- A list of British birds, comp. by a committee of the British ornithologists' union. London: British ornithologists' union, 1915. url p. 192.
- A list of European birds, including all those found in the western palaearctic area, with a supplement containing species said to have occurred, but which, for various reasons, are inadmissible. London, R.H. Porter, 1898. url p. 41.
- A list of European birds: including all species found in the western palaearctic region: the nomenclature carefully revised / by Henry E. Dresser. London: H.E. Dresser, 1881. url p. 26.
- A list of the birds of Australia: containing the names and synonyms connected with each genus, species, and subspecies of birds found in Australia, at present known to the author / London: Witherby, 1913. url p. 81.
- A list of the birds of New Hampshire. By Glover M. Allen Manchester, N.H., Nature press, 1903. url p. 206, p. 29.
- A manual of British vertebrate animals: or Descriptions of all the animals belonging to the classes, Mammalia, Aves, Reptilia, Amphibia, and Pisces, which have been hitherto observed in the British Islands: including the domesticated, natur By the Rev. Leonard Jenyns. Cambridge, Printed by J. Smith, sold by J. & J.J. Deighton; [etc., etc.]1835. url p. 187.
- A manual of palæarctic birds, by H. E. Dresser. London, The author, 1902-03. url p. 566.
- A manual of the ornithology of the United States and of Canada. By Thomas Nuttall. .. Cambridge, Hilliard and Brown, 1832-1834. url p. 47.
- A natural history of the nests and eggs of British birds / by the Rev. F.O. Morris. London: John C. Nimmo, 1896. url , .
- A popular handbook of the birds of the United States and Canada / Boston: Little, Brown, 1921. url .
- A popular handbook of the ornithology of eastern North America by Thomas Nuttall. Boston: Little, Brown, 1897. url .
- A popular history of British birds' eggs / by Richard Laishley. London: L. Reeve, 1858. url p. 162, p. 300.
- A synoptical catalogue of British birds; intended to identify the species mentioned by different names in several catalogues already extant. Forming a book of reference to Observations on British ornithology. By Thomas Forster. London, Printed by and for Nichols, son, and Bentley, 1817. url p. 20, p. 58.
- A voyage up the River Amazon: including a residence at Pará / London: John Murray, 1847. url p. 100.
- A voyage up the river Amazon: including a residence at Pará / New-York: D. Appleton & Company; c1847. url p. 128.
- American ornithology, or, The natural history of the birds of the United States illustrated with plates engraved from drawings from nature by Alexander Wilson and Charles Lucian Bonaparte. Philadelphia: Porter & Coates, [1878?] url .
- American ornithology: or, The natural history of the birds of the United States / Philadelphia: Porter and Coates, [187-?] url , .
- American ornithology; or, The natural history of the birds of the United States / by Alexander Wilson, and Charles Lucian Bonaparte; edited by Robert Jameson. Edinburgh: Constable, 1831. url p. 303, p. 32, p. 34.
- American ornithology; or, the natural history of the birds of the United States, by Alexander Wilson and Charles Lucian Bonaparte. Philadelphia, Porter & Coates url p. 299, p. 379.
- An illustrated manual of British birds, with 384 illustrations and 3 colored maps. London, Gurney, 1899. url p. 371, p. 758.
- An introduction to the natural history of birds; being the article "Ornithology", from the seventh edition of the Encyclopedia Britannica. .. Edinburgh: A. and C. Black, 1839. url p. 647.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 150, p. 187, p. 355, p. 90.
- Anatomical and zoological researches: comprising an account of the zoological results of the two expeditions to western Yunnan in 1868 and 1875; and a monograph of the two cetacean genera, Platanista and Orcella / London: B. Quaritch, 1878. url .
- Annals of natural history. London, R. and J.E. Taylor, url p. 156, p. 156, p. 218, p. 218, p. 218.
- Annals of the Lyceum of Natural History of New York. New-York: 1824-1876. url p. 155, p. 304.
- Annotated CITES Appendices and Reservations CITES, WCMC url p. 64.
- Aves / 1891 London: Printed by Taylor and Francis, 1891. url p. 125.
- Barton's Fragments of the natural history of Pennsylvania. Ed. by Osbert Salvin. .. London[Printed by Taylor and Francis]1883. url p. 20.
- Bibliographia zoologiæ et geologiæ. A general catalogue of all books, tracts, and memoirs on zoology and geology. London, Ray society, 1848-54. url .
- Biologia centrali-americana: Aves / [London: R.H. Porter], 1879-1904. url .
- Bird-hunting through wild Europe / New York: D. Appleton, 1909. url , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- Birds / by Spencer Fullerton Baird; with the co-operation of John Cassin and George N. Lawrence. Washington, D.C., 1858. url p. 664, p. 967.
- Birds of Britain, London, A. and C. Black, 1907. url .
- Birds of Britain, by J. Lewis Bonhote. .. with 100 illustrations in colour selected by H.E. Dresser from his Birds of Europe.' London: A. and C. Black, 1907. url p. 225.
- Birds of the Colorado Valley: a repository of scientific and popular information concerning North American ornithology / by Elliott Coues. Washington: G.P.O., 1878. url p. 680.
- Birds of the Colorado valley. .. scientific and popular information concerning North American ornithology. Washington, Gov't print. off., 1878. url p. 680.
- Birds of the Humber District / by John Cordeaux. London: Van Voorst, 1872. url p. 103, p. 223.
- Birds of the Northwest: a hand-book of the ornithology of the region drained by the Missouri River and its tributaries / by Elliott Coues. Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1874. url p. 519.
- Birds. By Eugene W. Oates. London: Taylor and Francis; [etc., etc.], 1889-98. url p. 385.
- Birds. London, Taylor and Francis, 1889-1898. url .
- Boston journal of natural history. Boston, Boston Society of Natural History. url p. 209.
- British birds in their haunts / by the Rev. C. A. Johns; with illustrations on wood, drawn by Wolf, engraved by Whymper. London: Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1867. url p. 409.
- British birds with their nests and eggs London, Brumby & Clarke[1896-98] url , , , .
- British birds' eggs and nests, popularly described. .. S.l.s.n.pref. 1861 url p. 81.
- British birds, London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1921. url , p. 226, p. 353.
- British birds, by W. H. Hudson, C.M.Z.S. With a chapter on structure and classification by Frank E. Beddard, F.R.S. With 8 coloured plates from original drawings by A. Thorburn and 8 plates and 100 figures in black London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1921. url , p. 226.
- British birds, by W.H. Hudson, C.M.Z.S. With a chapter on structure and classification by Frank E. Beddard, F. R.S. With 8 coloured plates from original drawings by A. Thorburn and 8 plates and 100 figures in black London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1895. url , p. 226.
- British birds. London, Witherby & Co. url , p. 157, p. 161, p. 347, p. 57, p. 78.
- British birds: key list. London, R. H. Porter, 1892. url p. 33.
- British zoology, London: Printed for Wilkie and Robinson [etc.], 1812. url p. 19, p. 21.
- British zoology. Warrington, Printed by W. Eyres, for B. White, London, 1776-77. url p. 427.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 242, p. 472.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: BM(NH) url p. 207.
- Bulletin of the British Ornithologists' Club. London: The Club, 1893- url p. 53, p. 58, p. 85.
- Bulletin of the Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard College. 109 1953 Cambridge, Mass.: The Museum, 1863- url p. 324, p. 39.
- Bulletin of the United States Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories / Department of the Interior. Washington: Government Printing Office, 1874- url p. 919.
- Catalogue of British Birds in the Collection of the British Museum / by G.R. Gray. London, 1863. url p. 146, p. 8.
- Catalogue of British birds in the collection of the British Museum. London, Printed by order of the trustees, 1863. url , .
- Catalogue of museum of natural history and miscellaneous antiquities, curios, &c., collected by Rev. Donald Miller. Bordighera, Italy, Manse Printing Press url p. 165, p. 5.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 539, p. 855.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 539, p. 855.
- Catalogue of the Birds in the British Museum. London, 1874-98. url p. 171, p. 270, p. 90, p. 92, p. 96, p. 99.
- Catalogue of the Collection of Birds' Eggs in the British Museum / By E. W. Oates [and afterwards] by S. G. Reid [and] W. R. Ogilvie-Grant. London, 1901-12. url p. 116.
- Catalogue of the birds of New Zealand with diagnoses of the species. By Frederick Wollaston Hutton. Wellington, N.Z., J. Hughes, printer, 1871. url p. 27.
- Catalogue of the birds of Suffolk, with an introduction and remarks on their distribution. London, J. Van Voorst, 1884-86. url p. 241.
- Catalogue of the collection of birds' eggs in the British museum (Natural history). London: Printed by order of the Trustees, 1901-12. url p. 116.
- Catalogue of the described Diptera from South Asia, by F. M. van der Wulp. Published by the Dutch Entomological Society. The Hague, M. Nijhoff, 1896. url p. 207.
- Catalogue of the specimens illustrating the osteology of vertebrated animals, recent and extinct, contained in the Museum of the Royal College of Surgeons of England. London, 1891. url p. 274.
- Check-list of North American birds. [Ithaca, N.Y.]1957. url p. 47.
- Check-list of North American birds: the species of birds of North America from the Arctic through Panama, including the West Indies and Hawaiian Islands / prepared by the Committee on Classification and Nomenclature of the American Orni Lawrence, Kan.: American Ornithologists' Union, 1983. url p. 47, p. 52.
- Check-list of birds of the world. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1931-1987. url p. 102, p. 110, p. 195, p. 203.
- Checklist of CITES Species CITES, WCMC url p. 71, p. 73, p. 75.
- Checklist of CITES Species: a reference to the appendices to the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora CITES url p. 71, p. 73, p. 75.
- Coloured figures of the birds of the British Islands / issued by Lord Lilford. London: R. H. Porter, 1885-1897. url , , , p. 150.
- Coloured figures of the eggs of British birds: with descriptive notices / by Henry Seebohm; edited (after the author's death) by R. Bowdler Sharpe. Sheffield: Pawson and Brailsford, 1896. url , p. 61.
- Contributions to the natural history of the Bermudas. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1884. url p. 242.
- Descriptive catalogue of the osteological series contained in the museum. .. by Richard Owen. London, Taylor and Francis, 1853. url p. 246.
- Directory of Wetlands of International Importance. IUCN url p. 373, p. 759.
- Edinburgh encyclopaedia, conducted by David Brewster. .. with the assistance of gentlemen eminent in science and literature. Edinburgh, Blackwood, 1830. url p. 706.
- Emin Pasha in central Africa: being a collection of his letters and journals / London: G. Philip & Son, 1888. url p. 166, p. 524.
- Forster's Catalogue of the animals of North America, or Faunula americana. Ed. by Philip Lutley Sclater. [Cambridge, Printed by C.J. Clay and Son]1882. url p. 14.
- Forster's catalogue of the animals of North America, or, Faunula americana edited by Philip Lutley Sclater. London: [s.n.], 1882 url .
- General zoology, or, Systematic natural history / London: Printed for G. Kearsley, 1800-1826. url p. 543, p. 572, p. 577, p. 584.
- Geographical distribution of British birds / by Henry Seebohm. London: R.H. Porter, 1893. url , p. 16, p. 29.
- Guide to the birds of the Caucasus. Tiflis, 1907. url p. 139.
- Hand-book to the birds of Great Britain. London, Allen, 1894-97. url p. 74, p. 74.
- Handbook to The birds of Australia. By John Gould. LondonPub. by the author, 1865. url p. 301, p. 301.
- Handbook to the natural history of Cambridgeshire, ed. by J.E. Marr. .. and A.E. Shipley. .. Cambridge, University press, 1904. url p. 93.
- Handlist of the birds of Egypt by M.J. Nicoll. Cairo, Government Press, 1919. url p. 63.
- Ibis. [London]Published for the British Ornithologists' Union by Academic Press. url , p. 123, p. 123, p. 143, p. 146, p. 148, p. 173, p. 178, p. 181, p. 181, p. 182, p. 205, p. 222, p. 224, p. 225, p. 232, p. 235, p. 244, p. 250, p. 262, p. 303, p. 306, p. 31, p. 32, p. 325, p. 333, p. 336, p. 343, p. 346, p. 37, p. 384, p. 389, p. 390, p. 394, p. 399, p. 404, p. 415, p. 423, p. 424, p. 428, p. 431, p. 433, p. 454, p. 466, p. 466, p. 474, p. 474, p. 474, p. 474, p. 482, p. 496, p. 496, p. 50, p. 500, p. 501, p. 506, p. 510, p. 516, p. 528, p. 542, p. 560, p. 586, p. 633, p. 638, p. 660, p. 668, p. 680, p. 717, p. 745, p. 768, p. 778, p. 789, p. 791, p. 972.
- Illinois biological monographs. Urbana, Univ. of Illinois Press. url p. 23, p. 237.
- Illustrations of British ornithology. By Prideaux John Selby. Edinburgh: Printed for the proprietor, and pub. by W. H. Lizars; [etc., etc.], 1833. url p. 18, p. 18, p. 19, p. 19, p. 22, p. 22, p. 23, p. 23.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. LondonPublished for the International Council by the Royal Society of London1901-1920 url p. 104, p. 29, p. 78.
- Jottings about birds / by Charles Dixon. London: Chapman and Hall, 1893. url p. 205, p. 205, p. 28, p. 28.
- Journal of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia: Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia, 1817-1918. url p. 60.
- Journal of the Federated Malay States Museums. Kuala Lumpur: the Museums, 1905-1936. url p. 327.
- Journal of the Kentucky Academy of Science. Lexington, KY: The Academy, 1998- url p. 127, p. 175, p. 175.
- Journal of the proceedings of the Linnean Society. London: The Society, 1857-1864. url p. 46.
- Liberia / by Sir Harry Johnson; with an appendix on the flora of Liberia by Dr. Otto Stapf. London: Hutchinson, 1906. url , p. 768, p. 768, p. 792, p. 792.
- Liberia, by Sir Harry Johnston. With an appendix on the flora of Liberia, by Dr. Otto Stapf; 28 coloured illustrations by Sir Harry Johnston, 24 botanical drawings by Miss Matilda Smith, 402 black and white il London, Hutchinson, 1906. url p. 768, p. 792.
- List of the specimens of birds in the collection of the British Museum. London: Printed by the order of the Trustees, 1848-1856. url p. 77.
- List of the specimens of the British animals in the collection of the British museum. London: Printed by order of the Trustees, 1845-55. url p. 88.
- List of the vertebrated animals now or lately living in the gardens of the Zoological Society of London. London, Printed for the Society, 1896. url p. 416, p. 416.
- Lord Lilford on birds: being a collection of informal and unpublished writings by the late president of the British Ornithologists' Union. With contributed papers upon falconry and otter hunting, his favourite sports. Edited by Aubyn Trevor-Battye and illustrated by Archibald Thorburn. London, Hutchinson, 1903. url p. 163, p. 288.
- Lost and vanishing birds; being a record of some remarkable extinct species and a plea for some threatened forms, by Charles Dixon. With ten plates by Charles Whymper. London, J. Macqueen, 1898. url p. 289.
- Man and beast in eastern Ethiopia: From observations made in British East Africa, Uganda, and the Sudan / by J. Bland-Sutton. ..With two hundred and four engravings on wood. London: Macmillan and co., 1911. url p. 355.
- Manual of British birds: including the essential characteristics of the orders, families, genera, and species. London: Printed for Adam Scott, 1846. url p. 135.
- Manual of the birds of New Zealand. By Walter L. Buller. .. Wellington, N.Z., G. Didsbury, government printer, 1882. url p. 52.
- Memoirs of the Museum of Comparative Zoölogy, at Harvard College, Cambridge, Mass. Cambridge [Mass.]: The Museum, 1876-1940. url p. 23.
- Memories of the months, being pages from the notebook of a field-naturalist and antiquary, to wit, Sir Herbert Maxwell, bart., M. P. London, E. Arnold, 1897- url p. 42.
- Memories of the months. Second series, by the Right Hon. Sir Herbert Maxwell, bart... London: E. Arnold, 1900. url p. 42.
- Narrative of an expedition to explore the river Zaire, usually called the Congo, in South Africa, in 1816, under the direction of Captain J. K. Tuckey, R.N. To which is added, The journal of Professor Smith; some general observations on the country and its inhabitants; and an appendix: containing the natur London: J. Murray, 1818. url p. 287.
- Natural history of New York. .. Albany, D. Appleton & co. and Wiley & Putnam;1842-94. url p. 220.
- Natural history of New York. Albany: D. Appleton: 1842-1894. url p. 220.
- North American pseudophyllidean cestodes from fishes. [UrbanaUniversity of Illinois][c1919] url p. 23, p. 263.
- Notes on the birds of Damara Land and the adjacent countries of South-west Africa. London, J. van Voorst, 1872. url .
- Notes on the birds of Damara land and the adjacent countries of the south-west Africa. By the late Charles John Anderson. .. Arranged and edited by John Henry Gurney, with some additional notes by the editor, and and introductory chapter containing a sketch of the author's life, abridge London, J. van Voorst1872. url p. 289.
- Notes on the birds of Herefordshire, contributed by members of the Woolhope Club. Collected and arranged by the late Henry Graves Bull.
- Notes on the birds of Kent / by R.J. Balston, C.W. Shepherd, and E. Bartlett. London: R.H. Porter, 1907. url p. 311, p. 456.
- Notes on the birds of Northamptonshire and neighbourhood / Lord Lilford; illustrated by A. Thorburn and G.E. Lodge. London: Porter, 1895. url p. 116.
- Observations of the natural history of swallows; with a collateral statement of facts relative to their migration, and to their brumal torpidity: and a table of reference to authors. .. London: Printed for T. and G. Underwood [etc.], 1817. url p. 82.
- Observations of the naturalhistory of the swallowtribe: with collateral statement of facts relative to their migration, and to their brvmal torpidity: and a copivs table of reference to avthors: illustrated by figures of five species, engraved on wood, b by Thomas Forster, F.L.S.. .. At Paris and Strasbourg: Printed for T. and G. Underwood. .., Baldwin, Craddock, and Joy. ..; 1817 url p. 82.
- Ootheca Wolleyana: an illustrated catalogue of the collection of birds' eggs, begun by the late John Wolley, jun.. .. and continued with additions, by the editor, Alfred Newton. .. London, sold by R. H. Porter, 1864-1907. url p. 476, p. 477, p. 663.
- Ornithological bibliography. [Washington: Geological Survey [etc.], 1878-1880. url p. 919.
- Ornithological biography, or an account of the habits of the birds of the United States of America; accompanied by descriptions of the objects represented in the work entitled The Birds of America, and interspersed with delineations of American scenery and manners / Edinburgh: Adam Black, 1831-1839. url p. 147, p. 277, p. 411, p. 416, p. 58, p. 604.
- Our country's birds and how to know them. A guide to all the birds of Great Britain. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent[1892?] url , , , .
- P.D. Skaar's Montana bird distribution / revised by Susan Lenard. .. [et al.]. Helena: Montana Natural Heritage Program, 2003. url p. 21.
- Proceedings and transactions of the Nova Scotian Institute of Natural Science. Halifax: Nova Scotian Institute of Natural Science. url p. 3, p. 497, p. 72.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 205, p. 205, p. 240, p. 240.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 98.
- Proceedings of the Committee of Science and Correspondence of the Zoological Society of London. [London]: Printed for the Society by Richard Taylor, [1831-1832] url p. 111, p. 111.
- Proceedings of the International Ornithological Congress. [Canberra, etc.]Australian Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 103, p. 204, p. 206, p. 207, p. 342, p. 349, p. 5, p. 528, p. 544, p. 91, p. 95, p. 99.
- Proceedings of the Manchester Institute of Arts and Sciences. Manchester, N.H.: The Institute, 1900-1911. url p. 206, p. 29.
- Proceedings of the Natural History Society of Glasgow. Glasgow, Natural History Society of Glasgow. url p. 309.
- Proceedings of the Royal Physical Society of Edinburgh. Edinburgh: The Society, 1858-1955 url p. 585.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. 10 1887 Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 313, p. 314, p. 416, p. 559, p. 654, p. 827, p. 991.
- Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London. London: Academic Press, [etc.], 1833-1965. url p. 103, p. 122, index, page 179, p. 235, p. 363, p. 399, p. 599, p. 680, p. 680.
- Report on the fishes, reptiles and birds of Massachusetts. Published agreeably to an order of the Legislature, by the commissioners on the Zoological and Botanical Survey of the state. Boston, Dutton and Wentworth, State printers, 1839. url p. 363.
- Reports of explorations and surveys, to ascertain the most practicable and economical route for a railroad from the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean. Washington, A. O. P. Nicholson, printer [etc.]1855-60. url .
- Reports of the Commissioners on the zoological survey of the state. Boston: Dutton and Wentworth, state printers, 1838. url p. 363, p. 417.
- Reports of the Princeton University Expeditions to Patagonia, 1896-1899. J. B. Hatcher in charge. Edited by William B. Scott. Princeton, The University, 1901-32 [v. 1, 1903] url p. 380, p. 380.
- Reports on the fishes, reptiles and birds of Massachusetts / published agreeably to an order of the Legislature, by the commissioners on the Zoological and Botanical Survey of the State. Boston: Dutton and Wentworth, State Printers, 1839. url , , p. 363, p. 363.
- Revised list of the vertebrated animals now or lately living in the gardens of the Zoological society of London. 1872. London, Printed for the Society,  url p. 233.
- Revue méthodique et critique des collections déposées dans cet établissement. Leyden, Rijksmuseum van Natuurlijke Historie. url p. 16, p. 17, p. 60.
- Scientific news for general readers; a popular illustrated weekly journal of science. London, 1887-88. url p. 28.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 19 1878 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 416.
- Stray feathers. Journal of ornithology for India and its dependencies. Calcutta: s.n., 1872-1899. url p. 106, p. 34, p. 75.
- The American journal of science and arts. New-Haven: S. Converse, url p. 253, p. 311, p. 406.
- The American journal of science. 35 1839 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 311, p. 406.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 111, p. 112, p. 112, p. 263, p. 392, p. 395, p. 395.
- The Auk. Washington, D.C.: American Ornithologists' Union, etc., 1884- url p. 310, p. 324, p. 490.
- The Avicultural magazine. Ascot, Berkshire, etc.: Avicultural Society, etc. url p. 4.
- The British bird book: an account of all the birds, nests and eggs found in the British Isles / ed. by F.B. Kirkman. Illustrated by two hundred drawings and numerous photographs. London: T.C. & E.C. Jack, 1910-13. url p. 334, p. 640.
- The Cambridge natural history, London, Macmillan and Co., Limited;1895-1909 url .
- The Cambridge natural history, ed. by S.F. Harmer. .. and A.E. Shipley. .. London, Macmillan and co., limited;1895-1909 url p. 591, p. 591.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 11, p. 682, p. 717.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url p. 76.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society of London. London: Academic Press [etc.], 1865-1968. url p. 100.
- The Journal of the Natural History Society of Siam. [Bangkok, Thailand]: The Society, url p. 78.
- The Magazine of natural history / conducted by Edward Charlesworth. [S.l.: s.n.], url , p. 30, p. 607, p. 608.
- The Naturalist. 1892 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 127.
- The Victoria history of Berkshire. edited by P.H. Ditchfield and William Page. [LondonConstable]1906-1923 url p. 155.
- The Victoria history of the county of Leicester. Edited by William Page. LondonConstable1907- url p. 139.
- The Warbler. Floral Park: Mayflower Pub. Co., [1903-1913] url p. 31.
- The Zoological journal. London: W. Phillips, 1824- url p. 611, p. 611.
- The animal kingdom arranged in conformity with its organization / by the Baron Cuvier; the Crustacea, Arachnides and Insecta, by P.A. Latreille; translated from the French, with notes and additions, by H. M'Murtrie; in four volumes, with plates. New York: G. & C. & H. Carvill, 1831. url p. 447, p. 447.
- The animal kingdom, arranged according to its organization, serving as a foundation for the natural history of animals: and an introduction to comparative anatomy / Baron Cuvier. London, G. Henderson, 1834-37. url p. 336.
- The aquatic birds of Great Britain and Ireland. London: R. H. Porter, 1906. url , p. 19, p. 19, p. 583.
- The avifauna of British India and its dependencies: a systematic account, with descriptions of all the known species of birds inhabiting British India, observations on their habits, nidification, &c., tables of their geographical distribution in Persia by James A. Murray. London: Trübner, 1888-1890. url p. 655, p. 748.
- The birds of Celebes and the neighbouring islands / A.B. Meyer and L.W. Wiglesworth. Berlin: R. Friedländer, 1898. url p. 945.
- The birds of Essex: a contribution to the natural history of the country. By Miller Christy, F.L.S. With 162 woodcut illustrations, two plans, and a frontispiece. Chelmsford, E. Durrant & Co.; [etc., etc.]1890. url p. 185.
- The birds of Long Island. By J. P. Giraud, Jr. New York: Wiley & Putnam, 1844. url p. 288.
- The birds of Norfolk, with remarks on their habits, migration, and local distribution: by Henry Stevenson. London: J. Van Voorst, 1866-1890. url p. 411, p. 411, p. 415, p. 415, p. 421, p. 421, p. 445.
- The birds of Norfolk: with remarks on their habits, migration, and local distribution / by Henry Stevenson. London: J. Van Voorst, 1866-1890. url p. 149, p. 411, p. 415, p. 421, p. 445.
- The birds of South Africa, London, R. H. Porter, 1900-1906. url .
- The birds of South Africa, by Arthur C. Stark. .. London: R. H. Porter, 1900-1906. url p. 65.
- The birds of Tunisia; being a history of the birds found in the regency of Tunis. By J. I. S. Whitaker. London, R.H. Porter, 1905. url , p. 164, p. 397.
- The birds of Yorkshire: being a historical account of the avi-fauna of the county / by T. H. Nelson; with the co-operation of W. Eagle Clarke and F. Boyes. London: A. Brown, 1907. url p. 392, p. 779.
- The birds of our country. London, Digby, Long & Co., 1898. url p. 264, p. 392.
- The birds of our country. With illus. by A. Thorburn, J. Giacomelli, G.E. Lodge, K. Keyl, and R. Kretschmer. London, Digby, Long, 1897. url p. 264.
- The birds of the Japanese Empire. London, R. H. Porter, 1890. url , , , , , , p. 13, p. 216, p. 217, p. 218, p. 378, p. 41.
- The birds of the west of Scotland: including the outer Hebrides, with occasional records of the occurrence of the rarer species throughout Scotland generally / by Robert Gray. Glasgow: T. Murray & Son, 1871. url p. 277.
- The collected scientific papers of the late Alfred Henry Garrod, M.A., F.R.S. / edited, with a biographical memoir of the author, by W.A. Forbes. London: R.H. Porter, 1881. url p. 523.
- The desert world. From the French of Arthur Mangin. Edited and enlarged by the translator of "The bird, by Michelet." With 160 illustrations by W. Freeman, Foulquier, and Yan Dargent. London, T. Nelson, 1869. url p. 615, p. 72.
- The ecology of Tijuana Estuary, California: a national estuarine research reserve / by Joy B. Zedler, Christopher S. Nordby and Barbara E. Kus. [Washington, D.C.: NOAA Office of Coastal Resource Management, Sanctuaries and Reserves Division], 1992. url p. 68.
- The feathered tribes of the British Islands / by Robert Mudie. London: H.G. Bohn, 1854. url p. 162, p. 434.
- The journal of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. Calcutta: Bishop's College Press, 1832-1936 url p. 322.
- The journal of the Natural History Society of Siam. [London: Luzac, 1914]-1924. url p. 78.
- The migration of British birds, including their post-glacial emigrations as traced by the application of a new law of disperal being a contribution to the study of migration, geographical distribution, and insular faunas, by Charles Dixon. London, Chapman and Hann, 1895. url p. 95.
- The museum of natural history, with introductory essay on the natural history of the primeval world: being a popular account of the structure, habits, and classification of the various departments of the animal kingdom, quadrupeds, birds, reptiles, fishes, shells, and insects, including the insects d by Sir John Richardson, William S. Dallas, T. Spencer Cobbold, and William Baird & Adam White. Edinburgh: William MacKenzie, [1869?] url p. 413, p. 433, p. 438.
- The natural history and antiquities of Northumberland and so much of the county of Durham as lies between the rivers Tyne and Tweed; commonly called North Bishoprick. LondonPrinted for the author by W. and W. Strahan, sold by S. Bladon1769 url p. 336.
- The natural history of Ireland. London: Reeve, Benham and Reeve, 1849-56. url p. 157, p. 159, p. 344, p. 345, p. 485.
- The natural productions of Burmah: or, notes on the fauna, flora, and minerals of the Tenasserim provinces and the Burman empire / by Francis Mason. Maulmain: American Mission Press, 1850. url p. 293.
- The naturalist's library. Conducted by Sir William Jardine. Edinburgh, W. H. Lizars; [etc., etc.]1833- url p. 132, p. 134, p. 156.
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 188.
- The nests and eggs of Indian birds / Allan O. Hume. London: R. H. Porter, 1889-1890. url p. 259, p. 453.
- The nests and eggs of Indian birds. London, R. H. Porter, 1889-90. url , .
- The nests and eggs of non-indigenous British birds or such species that do not breed within the British Archipelago / Charles Dixon. London: Chapman & Hall, 1894. url p. 209, p. 361.
- The ornithological guide. .. London: Whittaker,  url p. 199.
- The ornithological works of Arthur, ninth Marquis of Tweeddale / edited and revised by Robert G. Wardlaw Ramsay; together with a biographical sketch of the author by William Howard Russell. London: Taylor and Francis, 1881. url p. 268.
- The ornithology of Illinois / [by Robert Ridgway and S.A. Forbes]. Springfield, Ill., H.W. Rokker, printer, 1889-1895. url p. 124.
- The ornithology of Illinois. Part I. Descriptive catalogue. By Robert Ridgway. Part II. Economic ornithology. By S. A. Forbes. Pub. by the authority of the state Legislature. Springfield, Ill., H. W. Rokker, printer, 1889-95. url p. 124, p. 124.
- The ornithology of the Straits of Gibraltar / by L. Howard L. Irby. London: R.H. Porter, 1895. url p. 202, p. 317.
- The view of Hindoostan. .. London: Printed by H. Hughs, 1798-1800. url p. 238.
- Through Angola, a coming colony, by Colonel J. C. B. Statham. .. With 138 illustrations, 2 maps and 4 charts. Edinburgh: W. Blackwood & sons, 1922. url p. 275.
- Transactions - American Philosophical Society. Philadelphia: The Society, url p. 206.
- Transactions and proceedings of the New Zealand Institute. Wellington: New Zealand Institute. url p. 11, p. 171, p. 187, p. 187, p. 197, p. 208, p. 208, p. 220, p. 388, p. 388, p. 391, p. 391.
- Transactions of the Entomological Society of London. London, The Society. url p. 367.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 103, p. 98.
- Transactions of the Zoological Society of London. [London]: Published for the Zoological Society of London by Academic Press url p. 14, p. 236, p. 236, p. 585, p. 585, p. 585, p. 665.
- Travels in Brazil, in the years 1817-1820, : undertaken by command of His majesty the King of Bavaria by Dr. Joh.Babt. von Spix and Dr. C. F. Phil. von Martius / London, Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green;1824. url p. 232.
- Travels through that part of North America formerly called Louisiana. / By Mr. Bossu, Captain in the French Marines. Translated from the French by John Reinhold Forster, F.A.S. Illustrated with notes relative chiefly to natural history. To which is added by the translator London: Printed for T. Davies in Russel-Street, Covent Garden, M DCC LXXI.  url p. 374.
- Turner on birds: a short and succinct history of the principal birds noticed by Pliny and Aristotle first published by Doctor William Turner, 1544. Ed. with introduction, translation, notes, and appendix, by A. H. Evans. Cambridge: University press, 1903. url p. 213.
- Wilson's American ornithology, with notes by Jardine. To which is added a synopsis of American birds, including those described by Bonaparte, Audubon, Nuttall, and Richardson, by T.M. Brewer. New York, T.L. Magagnos, 1854. url , .
- Wilson's American ornithology: with notes by Jardine; to which is added a synopsis of American birds, including those described by Bonaparte, Audubon, Nuttall, and Richardson / by T.M. Brewer. 1840 Boston: Otis, Broaders, and Co., 1840. url p. 527.
- Zoologist. London.1843-1916 url p. 16, p. 302, p. 4563, p. 7403, p. 7469.
- Zoology of New York; or, The New York Fauna; comprising detailed descriptions of all the animals hitherto observed within the state of New York, with brief notices of those occasionally found near its borders, and accompa by James E. De Kay. Albany: W. & A. White & J. Visscher: 1842-44. url p. 220.
- [Ornithological papers] 1876-84. url p. 225, p. 32.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 and ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 9, 2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed March 04, 2008. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 14 providers.
- Hines, J. E., Gregory Gough, J. R. Sauer, et al. USGS Patuxent Wildlife Research Center
- Parker III, T.A., D.F. Stotz, and J.W. Fitzpatrick, "Ecological and Distributional Databases for Neotropical Birds," in Neotropical Birds: Ecology and Conservation, by D.F. Stotz, T.A. Parker III, J.W. Fitzpatrick, and D.K. Moskovits (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1996). ISBN 0-226-64676-9.
- Peterson, Alan P. Zoological Nomenclature Resource. Accessed June 19, 2009.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- Sauer, J. R., J. E. Hines, and J. Fallon. 2005. The North American Breeding Bird Survey, Results and Analysis 1966 - 2004. Version 2005.2. USGS Patuxent Wildlife Research Center, Laurel, MD
- Sauer, J. R., S. Schwartz, and B. Hoover. 1996. The Christmas Bird Count Home Page. Version 95.1. USGS Patuxent Wildlife Research Center, Laurel, MD
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal March 04, 2008:
- Avian Knowledge Network: eBird
- Avian Knowledge Network: Great Backyard Bird Count
- Avian Knowledge Network: Project FeederWatch
- Biologiezentrum der Oberoesterreichischen Landesmuseen: Biologiezentrum Linz
- Bird Studies Canada: BC Coastal Waterbird Survey
- Bird Studies Canada: Marsh Monitoring Program - Birds
- Bird Studies Canada: Ontario Breeding Bird Atlas 1981-1985
- Bird Studies Canada: Ontario Breeding Bird Atlas 2001-2005
- Canadian Biodiversity Information Facility: Provincial Museum of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada. Birds (Aves)
- Canadian Museum of Nature: Canadian Museum of Nature Bird Collection
- European Environment Agency: EUNIS
- Finnish Museum of Natural History: Hatikka Observation Data Gateway
- GBIF-Sweden: Birds (GBIF-SE:Artdatabanken)
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: Bay of Fundy Species List (OBIS Canada)
- Institute of Nature Conservation PAS: National System of Proetcted Areas
- Israel Nature and Parks Authority
- Marine Science Institute, UCSB: Paleobiology Database
- National Chemical Laboratory: IndOBIS, Indian Ocean Node of OBIS
- New Brunswick Museum: NBM birds
- OZCAM (Online Zoological Collections of Australian Museums) Provider: Online Zoological Collections of Australian Museums
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility: Western Palearctic migrants in continental Africa
- The New York Botanical Garden: Bronx River Bioblitz
- UK National Biodiversity Network: Argyll Bird Club - Bird records for Argyll for the years 2002 and 2003
- UNIBIO, IBUNAM: CNAV/Coleccion Nacional de Aves
- University of Michigan Museum of Zoology (UMMZ): Bird specimens
- Upper Silesian Museum, Bytom: Upper Silesian Museum, Bird Observations
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 8837
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-726062
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 2481685
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 554135
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: ABNGA04040
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 5493