Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Danish:
Common Names in English:
Black cod, Blue cod, Bluefish, Candlefish, Coal cod, Coalfish, sablefish, Skil
Common Names in French:
Charbonnier commun, Charbonnier commune, Morue Charbonni, Morue charbonnière, Morue noire
Common Names in German:
Common Names in Haida:
Common Names in Heiltsuk:
Common Names in Italian:
Common Names in Japanese:
Common Names in Mandarin Chinese:
裸盖鱼 (裸头鱼), 裸蓋魚 (裸頭魚)
Common Names in Polish:
Common Names in Portuguese:
Common Names in Russian:
Common Names in Salish:
T´th, T'th, T'thémekwe
Common Names in Spanish:
Bacalao Del Sur, Bacalao negro
Common Names in Tsimshian:
Males are commonly 80 cm (Total Length) in length when caught/marketed, but may be as large as 120 cm (Total Length).
Adults found on mud bottoms , from 305 to 2,740 m depth . Young-of-the-year juveniles are pelagic and found on the surface and near-shore waters. Adult sablefish, growing to 100 cm or more, live primarily in water deeper than 200 m and have been found as deep as 3000 m.
Typically found in water with a depth of 0 to -6,012 meters (0 to -19,724 feet).
Biome: Marine .
Spawning by sablefish occurs in deep water (300-700 m ) along the continental slope with exact depth and season depending upon location. In Alaska, maximum spawning occurs in March through April, while between California and British Columbia spawning occurs earlier, from January to March. Eggs and larvae are collected primarily in deep water.
Oceanodromous . Generally localized, but some juveniles have been found to migrate over 2,000 miles in 6 or 7 years.
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Bateson, 1885
- Cuvier, 1812
- Jawed Vertebrates
- Huxley, 1880
- Huxley, 1880
- Series: href="http://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/title/450 ()
- Suborder: Anoplopomatoidei ()
- Order: Scorpaeniformes ()
- Superorder: Acanthopterygii ()
- Cohort: Clupeocephala ()
- Infraclass: Actinopteri ()
- Subclass: Actinopterygii ()
- Class: Osteichthyes () - Huxley, 1880
- Superclass: Osteichthyes () - Huxley, 1880
- Infraphylum: Gnathostomata () - auct. - Jawed Vertebrates
- Subphylum: Vertebrata () - Cuvier, 1812 - Vertebrates
- Phylum: Chordata () - Bateson, 1885 - Chordates
- Infrakingdom: Chordonia () - (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Deuterostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Anoplopoma fimbria • Anoplopoma merlangus Ayres • Gadus fimbria • Gadus fimbria Pallas • Scombrocottus salmoneus Peters
Status: Accepted Name
First described: Pallas, P. S. Zoographia Rosso-Asiatica, sistens omnium in extenso Imperio Rossico , et adjacentibus maribus observatorum recensionem, domicilia, mores et descriptiones, anatomen atque icones plurimorum. Vol. 3. Caesarea Academie Scientiarum; Petropoli. 428pp., 1814.
Comment: Author and year from Eschmeyer.
Last scrutiny: Data last modified by FishBase 11-Jul-1994
Members of the genus Anoplopoma
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 1 species and subspecies in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A bibliography of fishes, New York, American Museum of Natural History, 1916-1923. url .
- A bibliography of fishes, by Bashford Dean. .. New York: American Museum of Natural History, 1916-1923. url p. 467, p. 467.
- A catalogue of the fishes known to inhabit the waters of North America, north of the Tropic of Cancer, with notes on the species discovered in 1883 and 1884, by David Starr Jordan. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1885. url p. 107, p. 145.
- A guide to the study of fishes, New York, H. Holt, 1905. url , .
- A guide to the study of fishes, by David Starr Jordan. .. New York, H. Holt and Company, 1905. url p. 438, p. xix.
- A list of common and scientific names of fishes from the United States and Canada. Report presented at the eighty-ninth annual meeting, Clearwater, Fla., Sept. 16-18, 1959. Ann Arbor, Mich., 1960. url p. 38.
- A review of the fisheries in the contiguous waters of the state of Washington and British Columbia by Richard Rathbun. Washington?: G.P.O?, 1899? url .
- American fishes: a popular treatise upon the game and food fishes of North America, with especial reference to habits and methods of capture / by G. Brown Goode. New York: Standard Book Co., 1888, c1887. url p. 272, p. 364.
- American fishes; a popular treatise upon the game and food fishes of North America, with especial reference to habits and methods of capture, Boston, L. C. Page[c1903]. url , , , .
- American food and game fishes. A popular account of all the species found in America north of the equator, with keys for ready identification, life histories and methods of capture, . by David Starr Jordan...and Barton Warren Evermann...illustrated with colored plates and text drawings, and with photographs from life, by A. Radclyffe Dugmore. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page & Co., 1908. url p. 548.
- American food and game fishes: A popular account of all the species found in America north of the equator, with keys of ready identification, life histories and methods of capture New York: Doubleday, Page & co., 1902. url , .
- American food and game fishes: a popular account of all the species found in America, north of the equator, with keys for ready identification, life histories and methods of capture, by David Starr Jordan and Barton Warren Evermann; with photos. from life by A. Radclyffe Dugmore. New York: Doubleday, Page, 1908, c1902. url p. 498, p. 548.
- An annotated list of Puget Sound fishes, Olympia [Wash.]State printer, 1919. url , .
- Annals of the Carnegie Museum. [Pittsburgh]: Published by authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute, 1901- url p. 466.
- Annual report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, -1965. url , , p. 144, p. 144, p. 168, p. 19, p. 659.
- Annual report of the Bureau of American Ethnology to the Secretary of the Smithsonian Institution. Washington: U. S. Govt. Print. Off., 1897- url p. 1398.
- Annual report of the Commissioner of Fisheries to the Secretary of Commerce for the fiscal year ended. .. Washington: G.P.O., 1914-1940. url p. 55, p. 65.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url , p. 1862, p. 2861, p. 392.
- Bulletin of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, D.C.: The Society, 1918- url p. 175.
- Bulletin of the Bureau of Fisheries. Washington, D.C.: Govt. Print. Off., 1905-1950. url , p. 223, p. 290, p. 290, p. 361.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1971- url p. 61, p. 76.
- Bulletin of the United States Fish Commission. Washington, The Commission, Govt. Print. Off. url p. 225, p. 226, p. 378, p. 473.
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url , , p. 10, p. 107, p. 108, p. 11, p. 110, p. 118, p. 123, p. 124, p. 132, p. 141, p. 142, p. 143, p. 144, p. 145, p. 152, p. 153, p. 158, p. 158, p. 166, p. 168, p. 168, p. 19, p. 19, p. 197, p. 21, p. 213, p. 218, p. 22, p. 22, p. 24, p. 242, p. 251, p. 252, p. 253, p. 253, p. 255, p. 258, p. 287, p. 32, p. 335, p. 340, p. 359, p. 361, p. 37, p. 38, p. 43, p. 437, p. 47, p. 513, p. 58, p. 79, p. 81, p. 82, p. 84, p. 87.
- Canadian fisherman. Gardenvale, Que. [etc.]National Business Publications [etc.] url p. 485.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 775.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. CambridgeUniversity Press1908-14 url p. 775.
- Check list of the fishes of the Dominion of Canada and Newfoundland. Ottawa, Printed by C. H. Parmelee, 1913. url , , , .
- Cold-water Coral Reefs: out of sight - no longer out of mind. UNEP-WCMC Biodiversity Series 22 UNEP-WCMC url p. 49.
- Commercial fisheries review. [Washington]: National Marine Fisheries Service; [for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.] url , , , , p. 10, p. 10, p. 103, p. 11, p. 11, p. 11, p. 12, p. 12, p. 16, p. 20, p. 22, p. 22, p. 22, p. 23, p. 25, p. 26, p. 28, p. 28, p. 31, p. 31, p. 32, p. 32, p. 34, p. 35, p. 36, p. 39, p. 40, p. 40, p. 47, p. 48, p. 5, p. 5, p. 52, p. 54, p. 6, p. 7, p. 77, p. 8, p. 87, p. 9, p. 90.
- Common marine fishes of California. [Sacramento: California State Print. Off., ]1948. url p. 11, p. 111, p. 148, p. 20.
- Conservation of marine birds of northern North America: papers from the international symposium held at the Seattle Hyatt House, Seattle, Washington, 13-15 May 1975 / edited by James C. Bartonek and David N. Nettleship; sponsored by Natural Resources Council of America. .. [et al.]. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service, 1979. url p. 202.
- Contributions to biology from the Hopkins Seaside Laboratory of the Leland Stanford Jr. University. Stanford University, Calif.: The University, 1895-1904. url p. 802.
- Current bibliography for aquatic sciences and fisheries. London, Taylor & Francis ltd. url p. 178, p. 189, p. 215, p. 580.
- Current bibliography for fisheries science. Rome, Biology Branch, Fisheries Division, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. url p. 66.
- Dean bibliography of fishes. New York: American Museum of Natural History, 1971-1973. url p. 226, p. 233, p. 238, p. 240, p. 253, p. 254, p. 260, p. 261, p. 265, p. 28, p. 287, p. 288, p. 290, p. 293, p. 296, p. 297, p. 302, p. 303, p. 307, p. 308, p. 309, p. 316, p. 321, p. 323, p. 331, p. 469, p. 476, p. 495, p. 568, p. 588, p. 594, p. 644, p. 656, p. 665, p. 686, p. 706, p. 707, p. 710, p. 712, p. 714, p. 725, p. 736, p. 738, p. 79.
- Fisheries of the United States / prepared by Resource Statistics Division. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Marine Fisheries Service, url p. 100.
- Fisheries of the United States, 1908. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1911. url p. 308, p. 309.
- Fishery bulletin / U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Marine Fisheries Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service: url , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , p. 1003, p. 1007, p. 1007, p. 1010, p. 1069, p. 1075, p. 123, p. 127, p. 129, p. 133, p. 133, p. 135, p. 139, p. 140, p. 141, p. 160, p. 179, p. 202, p. 209, p. 210, p. 211, p. 216, p. 226, p. 231, p. 235, p. 238, p. 242, p. 243, p. 244, p. 250, p. 252, p. 256, p. 257, p. 259, p. 259, p. 261, p. 263, p. 264, p. 271, p. 279, p. 280, p. 289, p. 292, p. 295, p. 297, p. 299, p. 301, p. 305, p. 309, p. 315, p. 316, p. 317, p. 325, p. 355, p. 360, p. 361, p. 363, p. 368, p. 415, p. 420, p. 425, p. 428, p. 445, p. 446, p. 449, p. 463, p. 470, p. 470, p. 475, p. 477, p. 479, p. 480, p. 484, p. 489, p. 550, p. 554, p. 559, p. 591, p. 595, p. 599, p. 601, p. 603, p. 608, p. 619, p. 621, p. 629, p. 71, p. 711, p. 717, p. 722, p. 743, p. 751, p. 761, p. 766, p. 770, p. 774, p. 783, p. 787, p. 788, p. 791, p. 793, p. 800, p. 811, p. 813, p. 814, p. 815, p. 822, p. 833, p. 835, p. 838, p. 866, p. 895, p. 900, p. 923, p. 930, p. 936, p. 947, p. 95, p. 952, p. 955, p. 958, p. 959, p. 964, p. 964, p. 991.
- Fishery bulletin. United States Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, The Service, U.S. Govt Print. Off. url p. 687, p. 692.
- Fishery circular / U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Fisheries. [Washington]: The Bureau, 1931-1939. url p. 104, p. 16, p. 17, p. 33, p. 53, p. 66, p. 71, p. 72.
- Fishery statistics of the United States / prepared by Data Management and Statistics Division. Washington, D.C.: Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Marine Fisheries Service: url p. 221, p. 233, p. 240, p. 258, p. 263, p. 282, p. 315, p. 318, p. 351, p. 351, p. 392, p. 394, p. 433, p. 435, p. 442, p. 464, p. 465, p. 498, p. 505, p. 517, p. 554, p. 654, p. 731.
- Fishes, New York, H. Holt and Company, 1907. url .
- Ichthyoplankton and station data for California Cooperative Oceanic Fisheries Investigations survey cruises in. .. [La Jolla, Calif.?]: National Marine Fisheries Service, 1987- url p. 185, p. 206, p. 217, p. 220, p. 227, p. 53, p. 57, p. 57, p. 61, p. 68, p. 71, p. 71, p. 72, p. 78, p. 8, p. 8.
- Industrial fishery technology: a survey of methods for domestic harvesting, preservation, and processing of fish used for food and for industrial products New York: Reinhold, 1963. url p. 129.
- Keys to the fishes of Washington, Oregon and closely adjoining regions, by Leonard P. Schultz. Seattle, Wash., University of Washington Press, 1936. url p. 170, p. 221.
- Mammals of the Soviet Union / V.G. Heptner, A.A. Nasimovich, and A.G. Bannikov; scientific editor, Robert S. Hoffmann. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Libraries and National Science Foundation, 1988- url p. 112, p. 730.
- NOAA technical report NMFS SSRF. Seattle, Wash.: National Marine Fisheries Service; url p. 1, p. 19.
- Natural history. New York url p. 68.
- Occasional papers of the California Academy of Sciences. San Francisco: California Academy of Sciences, url p. 18.
- Oceanic ichthyology: a treatise on the deep-sea and pelagic fishes of the world, based chiefly upon the collections made by the steamers "Blake, " "Albatross, " and "Fishhawk" in the northwestern Atlantic, with an atlas con by George Brown Goode and Tarleton H. Bean. Pub. in connection with the National Museum and the Smithsonian institution. 22 1896 Cambridge, U.S.A.: Printed for the Museum, 1896. url p. 217.
- Oceanography miscellaneous, part 2: hearings before the Subcommittee on Oceanography of the Committee on Merchant Marine and Fisheries, House of Representatives, Ninety-sixth Congress. .. Washington: U.S. G.P.O., 1980. url p. 523.
- Ontogeny and systematics of fishes: based on an international symposium dedicated to the memory of Elbert Halvor Ahlstrom / sponsored by the National Marine Fisheries Service, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, United States Dept. of Commerce. [New York?]: American Society of Ichthyologists and Herpetologists, c1984. url p. 414, p. 421.
- Our living oceans: the first annual report on the status of U.S. living marine resources. [Washington, D.C.]: U.S. Dept. of Commerce, 1991. url p. 119, p. 121.
- Pacific cod fisheries. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1916. url p. 12.
- Pamphlets on forestry. Fish and game. [1900?- url , p. 1862, p. 2861, p. 3289.
- Pesticides monitoring journal. [Washington, D.C.: For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. G.P.O., 1967-1981. url p. 231.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 403, p. 403.
- Proceedings of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. Calcutta: [The Society]1865-1905. url p. 191.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 172, p. 233, p. 918.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences. San Francisco: California Academy of Sciences, 1979- url p. 337.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 254, p. 269, p. 271, p. 338, p. 338, p. 360, p. 473, p. 479, p. 500, p. 54, p. 541, p. 664, p. 9.
- Proceedings of the Washington Academy of Sciences. Washington, Washington Academy of Sciences. url p. 29.
- Report of the Commissioner for. .. / United States Commission of Fish and Fisheries. Washington: G.P.O., 1874-1905. url , , , , , p. 120, p. 224, p. 262, p. 27, p. 381, p. 435, p. 435, p. 450, p. 831, p. 831, p. 895, p. 933.
- Report of the Commissioner of Fisheries for the fiscal year. .. and special papers Washington: G.P.O., 1906-1914. url p. 61.
- Report of the United States Commissioner of Fisheries for the fiscal year. .. with appendixes Washington: G.P.O., 1914- url p. 373, p. 552, p. 552.
- Seamounts, deep-sea corals and fisheries. Vulnerability of deep-sea corals to fishing on seamounts beyond areas of national jurisdiction. UNEP-WCMC Biodiversity Series 25 UNEP-WCMC, UNEP url p. 48, p. 49.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 22 1882 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 269, p. 455, p. 473, p. 54, p. 541, p. 627, p. 9.
- Special bulletin / Smithsonian Institution, United States National Museum. Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office, 1892- url p. 217.
- Special scientific report. Seattle, National Marine Fisheries Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1949-1971. url , , , p. 12, p. 12, p. 14, p. 17, p. 25, p. 26, p. 28, p. 29, p. 32, p. 37, p. 38, p. 39, p. 41, p. 42, p. 43, p. 52, p. 53, p. 55, p. 72, p. 73, p. 74, p. 75, p. 76, p. 77, p. 78, p. 79, p. 80, p. 81, p. 82, p. 83, p. 84, p. 85, p. 86, p. 87, p. 88, p. 89, p. 90, p. 91, p. 92, p. 94.
- Summary of the bathyscaph Trieste research program results: (1958-1960) / A.B. Rechnitzer. San Diego, Calif.: U.S. Navy Electronics Laboratory, 1962. url p. 16.
- Summary of the fishery investigations conducted in the North Pacific Ocean and Bering Sea from July 1, 1888 to July 1, 1892 by the U. S. Fish Commission steamer Albatross by Richard Rathbun. S.l.: s.n., 1892? url .
- Survey of the fishing grounds on the coasts of Washington and Oregon in 1915. .. Wash., 1916. url p. 18.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 11.
- Synopsis of the fishes of North America. By David S. Jordan and Charles H. Gilbert. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1882. url p. 650.
- Tektite 2: scientists in the sea / Ed. by J.W. Miller, J.G. VanDerwalker, and R.A. Waller. Washington: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, 1971 [i.e. 1972] url p. 4.
- The American Museum journal. New York: American Museum of Natural History, c1900- url p. 68.
- The Biological bulletin. Woods Hole, Mass.: Marine Biological Laboratory, url , , p. 315, p. 318, p. 320, p. 321, p. 323, p. 326, p. 553.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 106, p. 474, p. 602.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 45 1985 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url heckmann & otto, page 427, figs. 1-2, page 428.
- The Journal of the Cincinnati Society of Natural History. Cincinnati: The Society, 1878/79 [i.e. 1878 or 1879]-1945. url p. 45.
- The commercial fisheries of Alaska in 1905 Washington, Gov't print. off., 1906. url p. 44.
- The fisheries and fishery industries of the United States. Prepared through the co-operation of the commissioner of fisheries and the superintendent of the tenth census by George Brown Goode. .. and a staff of associates. .. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1884-87. url p. 243, p. 268, p. 89.
- The fishes of North and Middle America a descriptive catalogue of the species of fish-like vertebrates found in the waters of North America, north of the Isthmus of Panama / by David Starr Jordan and Barton Warren Evermann. Washington: G.P.O., 1898. url .
- The fishes of Puget sound, by David Starr Jordan and Edwin Chapin Starks. Palo Alto, Cal., Leland Stanford Junior University, 1895. url p. 802.
- The lipids, their chemistry and biochemistry. New York, Interscience Publishers, 1951-57. url p. 906, p. 989.
- Transactions of the Pacific fisheries society at its. .. annual meeting. Seattle, Wash, The Society, 1915-16. url p. 39.
- University of California publications in zoology. Berkeley: University Press, 1906- url p. 216.
- American Fisheries Society. Common and Scientific Names of Fishes from the United states, Canada, and Mexico Sixth Edition. Special Publication 29.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 15, 2012.
- Collette, Bruce B. (from FishBase).
- FishBase. Release date: January 5, 2010
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed March 05, 2008. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 9 providers.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal March 05, 2008:
- Alaska Ocean Observing System: Arctic Ocean Diversity
- Burke Museum: University of Washington Fish Collection
- Canadian Museum of Nature: Canadian Museum of Nature Fish Collection
- Cornell University Museum of Vertebrates: Fish Collection
- FishBase: FishBase DiGIR Provider - Philippine Server
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: Canadian Museum of Nature - Fish Collection (OBIS Canada)
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: NODC WOD01 Plankton Database
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: North Pacific Groundfish Observer (North Pacific Research Board)
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: South African Institute for Aquatic Biodiversity - Fish Collection (AfrOBIS)
- Los Angeles County Museum of Natural History: Vertebrate specimens
- Museum national d'histoire naturelle: Ichtyologie
- Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard University: MCZ Fish Collection
- University of Kansas Biodiversity Research Center: Fish Collection
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 120008
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: Fis-22996
- Fishbase Species ID: 512
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 13827394
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 167123
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: AFC4C01010
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 102169
- Eschmeyer, W.N., E.S. Herald and H. Hammann (1983). A field guide to Pacific coast fishes of North America. Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston, U.S.A. 336 p. [back]
- Armstrong, R.H. (1996). Alaska's fish. A guide to selected species. Alaska Northwest Books. 94 p. [back]
- Mean = -751.000 meters (-2,463.911 feet), Standard Deviation = 1,095.640 based on 5,504 observations. Ocean depth information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]
- Clemens, W.A. and G.V. Wilby (1961). Fishes of the Pacific coast of Canada. 2nd ed. Fish. Res. Bd. Canada Bull. (68):443 p. [back]
- Mecklenburg, C.W. (2003). Family Anoplopomatidae Jordan & Gilbert 1883 - sablefishes. Calif. Acad. Sci. Annotated Checklists of Fishes No. 2, 3 pp. [back]