Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Slow Worm, Hazelworm
Common Names in German:
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 3,410 meters (0 to 11,188 feet).
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Bateson, 1885
- Cuvier, 1812
- Jawed Vertebrates
- Goodrich, 1930
- Superorder: Lepidosauria () -
- Infraclass: Lepidosauromorpha ()
- Subclass: Diapsida ()
- Superclass: Tetrapoda () - Goodrich, 1930
- Infraphylum: Gnathostomata () - auct. - Jawed Vertebrates
- Subphylum: Vertebrata () - Cuvier, 1812 - Vertebrates
- Phylum: Chordata () - Bateson, 1885 - Chordates
- Infrakingdom: Chordonia () - (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Deuterostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Anguis fragilis — Boulenger 1885: 297 • Anguis fragilis — DumÉril & Bibron 1839: 792 • Anguis fragilis — Engelmann Et Al 1993
Name Status: Accepted Name .
Members of the genus Anguis
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 2 species and subspecies in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A handbook of the vertebrate fauna of Yorkshire: being a catalogue of British mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, and fishes / by Wm. Eagle Clarke, and Wm. Denison Roebuck. London: Reeve, 1881. url p. 93, p. 93.
- A history of British birds / by William Yarrell, V.P.L.S., F.Z.S. London: John van Voorst, 1871-1885. url p. 99.
- A history of British birds. London, J. Van Voorst, 1871-85. url p. 99, p. 99.
- A manual of zoology for the use of students: with a general introd. on the principles of zoology / by Henry Alleyne Nicholson. London: William Blackwood 8 Sons, 1887. url p. 407, p. 410.
- A manual of zoology. .. Edinburgh, Blackwood, 1870. url p. 548.
- A student's text-book of zoology / by Adam Sedgwick. London: S. Sonnenschein and co.; 1898-1909. url p. 347.
- A student's text-book of zoology, by Adam Sedgwick. .. London, Macmillan Co., 1898-1909. url p. 347, p. 352.
- A survey and record of Woolwich and West Kent containing descriptions and records, brought up-to-date, of geology, botany, zoology, archaeology and industries of the district, with a brief photographic commentary, in commemoration of the 12th Ann General editors, C.H. Grinling, T.A. Ingram [and] B.C. Polkinghorne. Woolwich: Labour Representation Print. Co., 1909. url p. 255.
- A synoptic text-book of zoölogy, for colleges and schools / by Arthur Wisswald Weysse. New York: Macmillan, 1904, c1903. url , , p. 313.
- A text-book of agricultural zoology, Edinburgh and London, W. Blackwood and Sons, 1899. url , , .
- A tour in Sutherlandshire: with extracts from the field-books of a sportsman and naturalist / with an Appendix on the fauna of Sutherland by J.A. Harvie-Brown and T.E. Buckley. Edinburgh, Douglas, 1884. url p. 329.
- A treatise on zoology London, A. and C. Black, 1900-1909 url p. 232, p. 345.
- A treatise on zoology. London, Adam and Charles Black, 1900-1909 url p. 232, p. 345.
- A zoological pocket-book: or, Synopsis of animal classification. Comprising definitions of the Phyla, classes, and orders, with explanatory remarks and tables. Tr. from the 3d German ed. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. London, C. Griffin, 1890. url p. 168.
- Abstract of proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng.]: South London Entomological and Natural History Society, [1885-1896] url p. 120, p. 15, p. 181, p. 52.
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. 47 1920 Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 185.
- Advances in herpetology and evolutionary biology: essays in honor of Ernest E. Williams / Cambridge, Mass.: Museum of Comparative Zoology, 1983. url p. 201.
- Agricultural zoology, London, Chapman & Hall, Ld., 1894. url .
- Amphibia and reptiles / by Hans Gadow. London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1901. url p. 539.
- Amphibia and reptiles, by Hans Gadow. 1909 London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1901. url fig. 136, p. 499, p. 538, p. 539, p. 539, p. 652, p. 652.
- An illustrated dictionary of scientific terms. New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons, pref. 1878. url p. 53.
- An introduction to nematology, [by] B. G. Chitwood & M. B. Chitwood. Baltimore, Md., Monumental printing co., c1937- url p. 272.
- An introduction to neurology, by C. Judson Herrick. Philadelphia, W. B. Saunders, 1915. url p. 212, p. 317.
- An introduction to the study of zoology. London, S. Sonnenschein, 1895. url .
- An introduction to zoology, for the use of High schools. Toronto: Copp, Clark, 1889. url p. 110.
- An introduction to zoology: for the use of high schools / by R. Ramsay Wright Toronto: Copp, Clark Co., 1889. url p. 110.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 101, p. 110, p. 223, p. 223, p. 353, p. 46, p. 54, p. 92.
- Anatomischer Anzeiger. Jena: G. Fischer, 1886- url , , p. 107, p. 108, p. 111, p. 112, p. 114, p. 116, p. 118, p. 12, p. 12, p. 121, p. 126, p. 13, p. 132, p. 133, p. 133, p. 135, p. 138, p. 140, p. 141, p. 148, p. 153, p. 163, p. 180, p. 188, p. 189, p. 199, p. 20, p. 214, p. 218, p. 227, p. 264, p. 273, p. 277, p. 28, p. 28, p. 288, p. 290, p. 299, p. 32, p. 321, p. 334, p. 336, p. 336, p. 338, p. 34, p. 354, p. 371, p. 389, p. 40, p. 426, p. 430, p. 45, p. 478, p. 48, p. 482, p. 49, p. 508, p. 524, p. 535, p. 536, p. 538, p. 540, p. 542, p. 543, p. 55, p. 552, p. 594, p. 595, p. 597, p. 60, p. 601, p. 61, p. 615, p. 65, p. 672, p. 676, p. 682, p. 7, p. 70, p. 71, p. 72, p. 76, p. 87.
- Animal life and the world of nature: a magazine of natural history throughout the world. London: Hutchinson, 1902-1904. url .
- Animal life of the British Isles. A pocket guide to the mammals, reptiles and batrachians of wayside and woodland. London, Frederick Warne, 1921. url p. 180.
- Animal life, New York, E. P. Dutton & Company, 1908. url .
- Animal life. London, Smith, 1908. url p. 18, p. xvii.
- Annual report / Entomological Society of Ontario. Toronto, The Society. url p. 28.
- Annual report of the New York Zoological Society. New York: The Society, 1897- url p. 160, p. 160.
- Aristotle's History of animals. In ten books. London, Bell, 1887. url p. 319.
- Asiatic herpetological research. 3 1990 Berkeley, Calif.: Asiatic Herpetological Research Society; c1990- url p. 13, p. 21, fig. 5, page 4, p. 5, p. 68, fig. 1, page 70, fig. 9, page 78.
- Biology of deserts: the proceedings of a symposium on the biology of hot and cold deserts organized by the Institute of Biology / edited by J.L. Cloudsley-Thompson. London: Institute of Biology; 1954. url p. 166.
- Bird behaviour psychical and physiological, New York, Dodd, Mead and Company url .
- Bird behaviour, psychical and physiological; by Frank Finn. With 44 illustrations on art paper. London, Hutchinson url p. 140.
- Bird-life of the borders on moorland and sea, with faunal notes extending over forty years. By Abel Chapman. With coloured map, and numerous illustrations. London, Gurney and Jackson, 1907. url p. 35.
- British reptiles and amphibians, by A. Nicol Simpson; with a chapter by Charles A. Hall. .. London, A. and C. Black, 1913. url p. 12, p. 7, p. 85.
- British reptiles and batrachians / by Catherine C. Hopley. London: S. Sonnenschein, Lowrey, 1888. url , p. 13, p. 13, p. 39, p. 39, p. 6, p. 83, p. 83, p. 85, p. 85, p. 86, p. 87, p. 87, p. 88, p. 88, p. 93, p. 93.
- British reptiles and batrachians. London, Sonnenschein, Lowrey, 1888. url , , , , , , .
- British reptiles, amphibians, and fresh-water fishes / by W. Percival Westell; illustrated by Doris Meyer. [London]: Chapman & Dodd, [192-?] url p. 16.
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url , , p. 307, p. 313, p. 47, p. 53.
- Cassell's natural history. Ed. by P. Martin Duncan. .. London [etc]Cassell & Company, Limited, 1891-96. url p. 297.
- Catalogue of museum of natural history and miscellaneous antiquities, curios, &c., collected by Rev. Donald Miller. Bordighera, Italy, Manse Printing Press url p. 30.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 1006, p. 1029, p. 121, p. 296, p. 297, p. 35, p. 430, p. 520, p. 520, p. 572, p. 617, p. 717, p. 93, p. 944, p. 945.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 1006, p. 1029, p. 121, p. 296, p. 297, p. 35, p. 520, p. 520, p. 617, p. 621, p. 717, p. 93, p. 945.
- Catalogue of the lizards in the British museum (Natural history) / London: Printed by order of the Trustees, 1885-87. url , .
- Chambers's information for the people; edited by William and Robert Chambers. London, Chambers, 1884. url p. 164.
- College zoology, New York, The Macmillan company, 1912 url p. 556.
- College zoology, by Robert W. Hegner. New York, The Macmillan company, 1912. url p. 556.
- College zoology. New YorkMacmillan1918 url p. 556.
- Comparative anatomy / by Herbert V. Neal. .. and Herbert W. Rand. .. with 540 illustrations. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son, [c1936] url p. 592, p. 692.
- Comparative anatomy and physiology / by F. Jeffrey Bell. Philadelphia: Lea Brothers, 1885. url p. 514.
- Comparative anatomy and physiology. London, Cassell, 1885. url p. 514.
- Comparative anatomy of vertebrates, Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co., 1912. url .
- Comparative osteology of the snake families Typhlopidae and Leptotyphlopidae. Urbana, University of Illinois Press, 1966. url p. 109, p. 94.
- Die Descendenztheorie; gemeinverständliche Vorlesungen über den Auf- und Niedergang einer naturwissenschaftlichen Hypothese gehalten vor studierenden aller Fakultäten von Dr. Albert Fleischmann. .. Mit 124 Textabbildungen. Leipzig, A. Georgi, 1901. url p. 118.
- Elementary text-book of zoology. By Dr. C. Claus, tr. and ed. by Adam Sedgwick with the assistance of F. G. Heathcote. London, W. S. Sonnenschein, 1884-85. url p. 219.
- Elements of the comparative anatomy of vertebrates. London, Macmillan, 1897. url , , , , .
- Eton nature-study and observational lessons, by Matthew Davenport Hill, . .. and Wilfred Mark Webb, . .. With a foreword by the Rev. Edmond Warre, . .. Part I-[II]. London, Duckworth & Co., 1903-1904. url p. 151.
- Experimental zoo?logy / London: Macmillan; 1907. url .
- Experimental zoology. New York, MacMillan, 1907. url p. 320.
- Experimental zoölogy / by Thomas Hunt Morgan. .. New York: The Macmillan company;1910. url p. 320.
- Fauna and flora of Haileybury. Hartford, Stephen Austin, 1902. url p. 18.
- Fauna, flora & geology of the Clyde area, ed. by G.F. Scott Elliot, Malcolm Laurie and J. Barclay Murdoch. Glasgow, Pub. by the local committee for the meeting of the British Association, 1901. url p. 171.
- Fertilization in fishes and the problem of polyspermy = Oplodotvorenie u ryb i problema polispermii / by A.S. Ginzburg; edited by T.A. Detlaf. Jerusalem: Israel Program for Scientific Translations, 1972. url p. 220, p. 351.
- Forest tithes, and other studies from nature, by a son of the marshes. Edited by J. A. Owen. London: Smith, Elder, 1893. url p. 109.
- Forms of animal life: a manual of comparative anatomy: with descriptions of selected types / by George Rolleston. Oxford, Eng.: Clarendon Press, 1888. url p. 343, p. 343, p. 390.
- Forms of animal life; a manual of comparative anatomy, with descriptions of selected types; revised and enlarged by W. Hatchett Jackson. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1888. url p. 343, p. 390.
- General embryological information service. Utrecht, Hubrecht Laboratory. url p. 100, p. 102, p. 115, p. 119, p. 124, p. 133, p. 137, p. 142, p. 143, p. 148, p. 168, p. 179, p. 252, p. 47, p. 49, p. 50, p. 62, p. 66, p. 71, p. 77, p. 78, p. 81, p. 82, p. 93.
- General function of the gall bladder from the evolutionary standpoint, by Frank W. Gorham and Andrew Conway Ivy. 22 1938 Chicago, 1938. url p. 180.
- Ground beetles (Carabidae) of Fennoscandia: a zoogeographic study / by Carl H. Lindroth; Joachim Adis, scientific editor. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Libraries and National Science Foundation, 1989- url p. 274.
- Guide to the Galleries of Reptiles and fishes [London]: BM(NH), 1898 url p. 10.
- Guide to the Gallery of Reptilia and Amphibia [London]: BM(NH), 1906 url p. 32.
- Guide to the galleries of reptiles and fishes in the Department of zoology of the British museum (Natural history) Illustrated by 101 woodcuts. [London]The Trustees, 1898. url .
- Guide to the gallery of Reptilia and Amphibia in the Department of zoology of the British museum (Natural history) Illustrated by 76 text and other figures. London: Printed by order of the Trustees, 1906. url p. 32.
- Guide to the reptiles and batrachians exhibited in the Department of Zoology of the British Museum (Natural History) London: Printed by order of the Trustees, 1922. url p. 39, p. 40.
- Handbook to the natural history of Cambridgeshire, ed. by J.E. Marr. .. and A.E. Shipley. .. Cambridge, University press, 1904. url p. 103.
- History of animals in ten books. Translated by Richard Cresswell. London, G. Bell, 1902. url p. 319.
- History of the Berwickshire Naturalists' Club, instituted September 22, 1831 [Vol. 1 of proceedings, corr. and reprinted] Alnwick, H.H. Blair, 1885. url p. 135, p. 136.
- Hormones and heredity, a discussion of the evolution of adaptations and the evolution of species. London, Constable, 1921. url , p. 227.
- Hormones and heredity; a discussion of the evolution of adaptations and the evolution of species; by J. T. Cunningham. London, Constable, 1921. url p. 227, p. 243.
- Jenaische Zeitschrift für Naturwissenschaft. Jena, Gustav Fischer [etc.]. url , p. 12, p. 136, p. 146, p. 156, p. 169, p. 176, p. 184, p. 194, p. 195, p. 197, p. 199, p. 206, p. 207, p. 221, p. 222, p. 232, p. 239, p. 241, p. 245, p. 249, p. 365, p. 367, p. 369, p. 375, p. 377, p. 378, p. 388, p. 39, p. 39, p. 396, p. 4, p. 409, p. 737, p. 738, p. 739, p. 741, p. 742, p. 746, p. 747, p. 748, p. 749, p. 75, p. 750, p. 752, p. 753, p. 754, p. 756, p. 757, p. 759, p. 760, p. 764, p. 793, p. 799, p. 8, p. 84, p. 87.
- Journal of applied microscopy and laboratory methods. Rochester, N.Y.: Publication Dept., Bausch & Lomb Optical Co., [1901-1903] url p. 2534.
- Journal of comparative neurology. Philadelphia, Pa.: Wistar Institute of Anatomy and Biology, [1911?- url p. 379.
- Journal of morphology. Boston: Ginn & Co., [1887-1924] url p. 212, p. 230, p. 244, p. 246, p. 249, p. 259, p. 563, p. 583, p. 590.
- Journal of the Field Naturalists' Club. Port-of-Spain: Field Naturalists' Club, 1892-1896 url p. 134.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url , , p. 161, p. 193, p. 217, p. 285, p. 49, p. 50, p. 580, p. 651, p. 682, p. 924, p. 963.
- Lessons in elementary anatomy. London, MacMillan, 1889. url p. 320, p. 321.
- Life; a book for elementary students, by Sir Arthur E. Shipley. Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1923. url p. 202.
- List of the vertebrated animals now or lately living in the gardens of the Zoological Society of London. London: Printed for the Society, and sold. .. Longmans, Green, Reader, and Dyer, 1883. url p. 586, p. 586, p. 650.
- MAB Biosphere Reserves: Site Descriptions, post compilation 5 (October 1990) UNESCO MAB Programme url .
- Mammals of the Soviet Union / V.G. Heptner, A.A. Nasimovich, and A.G. Bannikov; scientific editor, Robert S. Hoffmann. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Libraries and National Science Foundation, 1988- url p. 1266.
- Manual of elementary zoology. London, Oxford University Press, 1958. url p. 550, p. 556, p. 728.
- Memo?rias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz. Rio de Janeiro. url p. 118, p. 22, p. 25.
- Memoirs of the Wistar Institute of Anatomy and Biology. Philadelphia: [s.n.], 1911-1915. url , p. 121, p. 122, p. 128, p. 139, p. 246, p. 255, p. 60.
- Miscellaneous publication - University of Kansas, Museum of Natural History. 1970 Lawrence: University of Kansas, 1946-1996. url p. 205.
- Monitore zoologico italiano. [Siena]: Instituto anatomico della R. Università di Siena, [1890-1988] url p. 118, p. 129, p. 133, p. 160, p. 185, p. 195, p. 205, p. 228, p. 231, p. 233, p. 236, p. 240, p. 253, p. 253, p. 287, p. 340, p. 39, p. 5, p. 55, p. 61, p. 69.
- Monograph of the land & freshwater Mollusca of the British Isles. Leeds, Taylor Brothers, 1894-1914. url .
- Mountain and moorland, by J. Arthur Thomson. London, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 123, p. 126, p. 175.
- My garden, its plan and culture together with a general description of its geology, botany, and natural history, by Alfred Smee. .. Illustrated with one thousand two hundred and fifty engravings. London, Bell and Daldy, 1872. url p. 510.
- Natural history and antiquities of Selborne / by Gilbert White; with notes by Frank Buckland; a chapter on antiquities by Lord Selborne and new letters; illustrated by P. H. Delamotte. London: Macmillan and Co., 1876. url p. 57.
- Natural history in zoological gardens; being some account of vertebrated animals, with special reference to those usually to be seen in the Zoological society's gardens in London and similar institutions, by Frank E. Beddard. .. With illustrations by Gambier Bolton & Winifred Austen. London, A. Constable & co., ltd.;1905. url p. 233, p. 303.
- Natural history of Selborne, and observations on nature / by Gilbert White; with the text and new letters of the Buckland edition; introduction by John Burroughs; illustrations by Clifton Johnson. Toronto: Musson Book Co., 1904. url p. 69.
- Natural history of Victoria. Prodromus of the zoology of Victoria; or, Figures and descriptions of the living species of all classes of the Victorian indigenous animals... By Frederick McCoy... 1881 Melbourne, J.Ferres, government printer;1885-90. url p. 8.
- Natural history, New York, D. Appleton and company, 1897. url .
- Natural history, by R. Lydekker [and others] London, Hutchinson, 1897. url p. 726.
- Natural history, by R. Lydekker, W. F. Kirby, B. B. Woodward, R. Kirpatrick, R. I. Pocock, R. Bowdler Sharpe, W. Garstang, F. A. Bather, H. M. Bernard. New York, D. Appleton and company, 1897. url p. 404.
- Natural history. A manual of zoölogy for schools, colleges, and the general reader / By Sanborn Tenney. New York: Scribner, Armstrong & co., c1872. url .
- Occasional papers of the California Academy of Sciences. San Francisco: California Academy of Sciences, url , , p. 22, p. 6, p. 7.
- On the fauna and flora of the west of Scotland. Meeting at Glasgow, September, 1876. Glasgow, Blackie, 1876 url p. 11.
- On the senses, instincts, and intelligence of animals: with special reference to insects / by Sir John Lubbock. London: Kegan Paul, Trench & Co., 1889. url p. 126.
- Organic evolution as the result of the inheritance of acquired characters according to the laws of organic growth / by Dr. G. H. Theodor Eimer; translated by J. T. Cunningham. .. London: Macmillan, 1890. url p. 137, p. 137, p. 137, p. 161, p. 161, p. 161.
- Our country's animals and how to know them. A guide to the mammals, reptiles and amphibians of Great Britain. With plates and diagrams by R.E. Holding. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent url p. 116, p. 126.
- Our reptiles and batrachians: a plain and easy account of the lizards, snakes, newts, toads, frogs and tortoises indigenous to Great Britain / by M.C. Cooke. .. with original figures of every species and numerous woodcuts. London: W.H. Allen & Co., 1893. url p. 191, p. 199, p. 39.
- Our reptiles and batrachians; a plain and easy account of the lizards, snakes, newts, toads, frogs and tortoises indigenous to Great Britain, by M. C. Cooke. .. with original figures of every species and numerous woodcuts. 1893 London, W. H. Allen & co., limited, 1893. url p. 191, p. 62.
- Outlines of evolutionary biology / by Arthur Dendy. New York: D. Appleton and company, 1914. url p. 250, p. 450.
- Outlines of zoology / by J. Arthur Thomson. London; Humphrey Milford, Oxford University Press, 1944. url p. 701, p. 702.
- Outlines of zoology, Edinburgh, H. Frowde and Hodder & Stoughton, 1899. url , .
- Outlines of zoology, New York, Appleton, 1916. url , .
- Outlines of zoology, New York, D. Appleton & Co., 1895. url .
- Outlines of zoology, by J. Arthur Thomson. Edinburgh [etc.]H. Frowde and Hodder & Stoughton, 1921. url p. 628, p. 629.
- Papers from the Tortugas Laboratory of the Carnegie Institution of Washington. Washington, D.C.: Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1908-42. url p. 347.
- Pheasants, their natural history and practical management, by W. B. Tegetmeier; ill. from life by J. G. Millais, T. W. Wood, P. Smit and F. W. Frohawk. London, H. Cox, 1904. url p. 7.
- Pheasants: their natural history and practical management / by W.B. Tegetmeier. Ed. with an introduction by Eric Parker, with a chapter on the disease of pheasants by H. Hammond Smith, and illustrations by J.G. Millais, T.W. Wood, and F.W. Frohawk. London, Field press url p. 7, p. 8.
- Pheasants; their natural history and practical management. London, Field Press,  url , .
- Practical bacteriology, microbiology and serum therapy (medical and veterinary) A text book for laboratory use by Dr. A. Besson. .. tr. and adapted from the fifth French ed. by H. J. Hutchens. .. With 416 illustrations, 149 of which are coloured. London, New York [etc.]Longmans, Green, and co., 1913. url p. 305.
- Proceedings - Dorset Natural History and Archaeological Society. Dorchester, Eng. url p. 102, p. 94.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url p. 32.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 272, p. 480, p. 700.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 264, p. 268.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url , , p. 215, p. 380, p. 555, p. 883.
- Proceedings of the section of sciences / Koninklijke Akademie van Wetenschappen te Amsterdam. Amsterdam: Johannes Müller, [1899-1937]. url p. 221, p. 652.
- Protected Landscapes: experience around the world. Prepared for the International Symposium on Protected Landscapes, Grange-over-Sands, England 5-10 October 1987 IUCN url p. 165.
- Protozoa. .. by B. L. Bhatia. .. London, Taylor and Francis, 1936- url p. 184.
- Quain's Elements of anatomy / edited by Edward Albert Schäfer and George Dancer Thane London: Longmans, Green, 1890-1899 url p. 82.
- Quain's Elements of anatomy. Edited by Edward Albert Schäfer and George Dancer Thane. London, Longmans, Green, and Co., 1891-1895. url p. 121, p. 82.
- Rambles in search of shells, land, and freshwater. London, John Van Voorst, 1875. url p. 107, p. 107.
- Rambles of a naturalist round Folkestone: with occasional papers on the fauna and flora of the district, to which are added lists of plants, lepidoptera, birds, and land and freshwater shells / by Henry Ullyett. Folkestone: J. English, 1880. url p. 77.
- Regeneration, by Thomas Hunt Morgan. .. New York, The Macmillan Company;1901. url p. 198, p. 306, p. 306, p. 311, p. 311.
- Report of the Secretary of the Smithsonian Institution and financial report of the Executive Committee of the Board of Regents for the year ending June 30. .. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution, 1933-1965. url p. 138.
- Reptiles and batrachians / by E.G. Boulenger. London: Dent; . url , p. 74.
- Reptiles and batrachians, by E. G. Boulenger, with numerous illustrations. London, J. M. Dent & sons, ltd.: url , , , p. 74, p. 74.
- Reptiles of the world: tortoises and turtles, crocodilians, lizards and snakes of the eastern and western hemispheres / by Raymond L. Ditmars. New York: Macmillan Co., 1922 [c1910] url , , .
- Reptiles, amphibia, fishes and lower chordata, by Richard Lydekker, J. T. Cunningham, G. A. Boulenger, and J. A. Thomson. With four plates in colour, thirty-three in monotone, a map and many text figures. London: Methuen,  url p. 110, p. 113, p. 151, p. 496.
- Reptilia and Batrachia. By George A. Boulenger. London: Taylor and Francis, 1890. url p. 158.
- Reptilia and batrachia. By George A. Boulenger. London, Taylor and Francis, [etc., etc.]1890. url p. 158.
- Results of the Swedish zoological expedition to Egypt and the White Nile, 1901, under the direction of L.A. Jägerskiöld. [Uppsala]Library of the Royal University of Uppsala[1904-11] url p. 92.
- Revised list of the vertebrated animals now or lately living in the gardens of the Zoological Society of London. Supplement containing additions received in 1872, 1873, and 1874. London, For the Society, 1875. url p. 58.
- Rochester and district; a sketch-guide to its geology, flora, & fauna, compiled by J. Hepworth. Rochester, Parrett & Neves, 1913. url p. 55.
- Science progress in the twentieth century: a quarterly journal of scientific work & thought. London: John Murray, 1906-1916. url p. 287.
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 171.
- Scientific results of the Zoological Expedition to British East Africa and Uganda made by Prof. V. Dogiel and I. Sokolow in the year 1914. [Petrograd, 1916- url p. 90.
- Secrets of animal life, New York, H. Holt and company, 1919. url , , , .
- Secrets of animal life, by J. Arthur Thomson. New York, H. Holt and company, 1919. url p. 167, p. 317.
- Secrets of animal life. New York, Holt, 1919. url p. 167, p. 317.
- Sex and internal secretions. Contributors: A. Albert [and others] Foreword by George W. Corner. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1961. url p. 1078, p. 1521.
- Sexual size differences in reptiles / by Henry S. Fitch. 1981 Lawrence: University of Kansas, 1981. url p. 19, appendix ii, page 67.
- Short sketches of the wild sports & natural history of the highlands, London, John Murray, 1893. url .
- Short sketches of the wild sports and natural history of the Highlands. London, J. Murray, 1879. url .
- Smithsonian year. 1965 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965-1976. url p. 188.
- Snake venoms, an investigation of venomous snakes with special reference to the phenomena of their venoms, Washington, D. C., Carnegie institution of Washington, 1909. url , .
- Snake venoms; an investigation of venomous snakes with special reference to the phenomena of their venoms. Washington, Carnegie Inst., 1909. url p. 307, p. 47.
- Snakes: curiosities and wonders of serpent life / By Catherine C. Hopley. London: Griffith & Farran;1882. url , p. 171, p. 346, p. 453, p. 459, p. 463, p. 465, p. 466, p. 467, p. 469, p. 471, p. 479, p. 482, p. 89.
- Special pathology and therapeutics of the diseases of domestic animals, Chicago, A. Eger, 1912-13. url .
- Spixiana. München: Zoologische Staatssammlung München, 1977- url p. 68, p. 69.
- Studies from the Morphological laboratory in the University of Cambridge. London, C. J. Clay and son, 1882 [i.e. 1880]-1896. url .
- Studies on skeleton formation in reptiles. Olivier Rieppel. 68 1992 Chicago, Ill.: Field Museum of Natural History, c1992. url p. 24.
- Survey on neurobiology. Bibliography of genetic neurology, compiled and annotated by Agnes S. Burt. Washington, National Academy of Sciences-National Research Council, 1952. url p. 63.
- System of ophthalmology. St. Louis, Mosby, 1958- url p. 682, p. 781.
- Text book of zoology London, Sampson Low, Marston, 1896. url .
- Text-book of embryology. London: Macmillan, 1914-1919. url .
- Text-book of physiology. Edinburgh, Pentland, 1898-1900. url p. 1262, p. 845.
- Text-book of physiology; ed. by E. A. Schäfer Edinburgh & London, Y. J. Pentland, 1898-1900 url p. 1262, p. 845.
- Text-book of zoology for schools and colleges. New York, D. Appleton and Co., 1884. url .
- Text-book of zoology; treated from a biological standpoint, by Dr. Otto Schmeil; tr. from the German by Rudolf Rosenstock, M. A.; ed. by J. T. Cunningham, M. A. London, A. and C. Black, 1901. url p. 234.
- The American journal of anatomy. Baltimore, MD: [s.n.], 1902-1991. url p. 100, p. 104, p. 123, p. 125, p. 127, p. 164, p. 19, p. 191, p. 218, p. 23, p. 261, p. 343, p. 344, p. 348, p. 350, p. 354, p. 359, p. 376, p. 46, p. 55, p. 71, p. 76, p. 8.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 253, p. 271, p. 271, p. 46, p. 46.
- The Biological bulletin. Woods Hole, Mass.: Marine Biological Laboratory, url p. 453.
- The Bulletin of zoological nomenclature. London, International Trust for Zoological Nomenclature. url p. 3, p. 46.
- The Cambridge natural history / London: Macmillan and Co.; 1895-1909. url p. 539, p. 652.
- The Cambridge natural history, London, Macmillan and Co., Limited;1895-1909 url , , .
- The Cambridge natural history, ed. by S.F. Harmer. .. and A.E. Shipley. .. London, Macmillan and co., limited;1895-1909 url p. 499, p. 538, p. 652.
- The Field naturalist's quarterly. Edinburgh: George A. Morton, 1902-1904. url p. 104, p. 211, p. 260, p. 289.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 315, p. 78.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url , p. 114, p. 326, p. 490, p. 523.
- The Glasgow naturalist. Glasgow, Andersonian Naturalists of Glasgow. url p. 121, p. 95.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url p. 31.
- The Journal of comparative neurology and psychology. Granville, Ohio: Editorial Office, Denison University, url p. 458.
- The Journal of experimental zoology. [New York, etc.]Wiley-Liss [etc.] url p. 169.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url p. 503.
- The Microscope. Ann Arbor: [s.n., 1881-1897] url p. 282.
- The Naturalist. 1891 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 111, p. 139, p. 80.
- The Popular science monthly New York: D. Appleton url p. 609.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 326, p. 734, p. 785.
- The Victoria history of Berkshire. edited by P.H. Ditchfield and William Page. [LondonConstable]1906-1923 url p. 138.
- The Victoria history of the County of Hertford / edited by William Page. London: Published for the University of London, Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall,  url .
- The Victoria history of the county of Kent; ed. by William Page. London, Constable, 1908- url p. 266.
- The anatomical record. [New York, etc.]A. R. Liss [etc.] url p. 635.
- The anatomy of the central nervous system of man and of vertebrates in general / by Ludwig Edinger; translated from the 5th German ed. by Winfield S. Hall, assisted by Philo Leon Holland and Edward P. Carlton. Philadelphia: F.A. Davis Co., 1899. url p. 131.
- The animal creation: a popular introduction to zoology / by Thomas Rymer Jones with five hundred illustrations. New York: G. P. Putnam, 1873 url p. 298.
- The balance of nature and modern conditions of cultivation: a practical manual of animal foes and friends for the country gentleman, the farmer, the forester, the gardener, and the sportsman / by George Abbey. London: E.P. Dutton, 1909. url p. 82.
- The biology of senescence. New York, Rinehart, 1956. url p. 52.
- The birds of Devonshire / by William E.H. Pidsley; edited by H.A. Macpherson, with map and coloured plate. London: Gibbings, 1891. url p. 74.
- The birds of Shakespeare; critically examined, explained, and illustrated, London, John Van Voorst, 1871. url .
- The birds of Sussex, London, R.H. Porter, 1891. url .
- The book of nature study / edited by J. Bretland Farmer; assisted by a staff of specialists. London: Caxton Pub. Co., [1908?]-1909. url , p. 112.
- The book of nature study, ed. by J. Bretland Farmer. .. assisted by a staff of specialists. Fully illustrated. London, Caxton publishing company[1908?]-1909. url , p. 112, p. 214, p. 225.
- The common objects of the country / London: George Routledge and Sons, 1894 url .
- The development of the oculomotor nerve, the ciliary ganglion, and the abducent nerve in the chick. Cambridge, Mass., Printed for the Museum, 1906. url .
- The fauna of Shropshire, being an account of all the mammals, birds, reptiles & fishes found in the county of Salop. With an introduction dealing with the physical features of the county, a copious index, a chapter on the pri Illustrated by photographic plates and portraits. By H. Edward Forrest. Shrewsbury, L. Wilding [etc. etc.]1899. url p. 192.
- The geographical and geological distribution of animals / New York: D. Appleton, 1901, c1886. url , , .
- The geographical distribution of animals: with a study of the relations of living and extinct faunas as elucidating the past changes of the earth's surface / by Alfred Russel Wallace; in two volumes; with maps and illustrations. New York: Harper and Brothers, Publishers, 1876. url p. 196.
- The history of Glanville's Wootton, in the County of dorset, including its zoology and botany / by C.W. Dale. London, Hatchards, 1878. url p. 38.
- The history of Harting, by the Rev. H.D. Gordon. With a chapter on the geology of the district, by the late Sir Roderick Impey Murchison, and some notice of its fauna and flora, by J. Weaver. London: Printed for the authors by W. Davy, 1877. url p. 297.
- The history of the European fauna. London, W. Scott, 1899. url p. 258.
- The human sternum. Three lectures delivered at the Royal college of surgeons, England, November, 1903, London, Williams & Norgate, 1904. url , , , .
- The hyoid and its associated muscles in snakes Urbana, University of Illinois Press, 1968. url p. 110, p. 147.
- The journal of comparative neurology. [Granville, Ohio: Published by the Editors, Denison University, url , , , p. 112, p. 23, p. 30, p. 34, p. 61, p. 64, p. 64.
- The life of vertebrates. New York, Oxford University Press, 1962. url p. 382.
- The life-history of British lizards: and their local distribution in the British Isles / by Gerald R. Leighton. Edinburgh: George A. Morton; 1903. url p. 102, p. 102, p. 106, p. 160, p. 160, p. 165, p. 167, p. 167, p. 168, p. 168, p. 170, p. 185, p. 187, p. 187, p. 190, p. 191, p. 195, p. 195, p. 196, p. 196, p. 197, p. 198, p. 199, p. 199, p. 200, p. 200, p. 202, p. 202, p. 203, p. 204, p. 204, p. 206, p. 206, p. 209, p. 24, p. 25, p. 25, p. 27, p. 29, p. 29, p. 33, p. 33, p. 35, p. 35, p. 37, p. 37, p. 39, p. 39, p. 41, p. 90, p. 90.
- The life-history of British serpents and their local distribution in the British Isles / by Gerald R. Leighton. Edinburgh and London: W. Blackwood and Sons, 1901. url p. 10, p. 378.
- The mammals, reptiles, and fishes of Essex; a contribution to the natural history of the county. By Henry Laver. With eight full-page and two half-page illustrations. Chelmsford, E. Durrant & co.; [etc., etc.]1898. url p. 84.
- The morphology and evolutional significance of the pineal body: being part I of a contribution to the study of the epiphysis cerebri with an interpretation of the morphological, physiological and clinical evidence / [by] Frederick Tilney and Luther F. Warren. Philadelphia: The Wistar Institute of Anatomy and Biology, 1919. url p. 125, p. 139, p. 255.
- The natural history & antiquities of Selborne in the county of Southampton, by Gilbert White. London, New York: Macmillan and co., limited, 1900. url p. 461.
- The natural history and antiquities of Selborne, in the county of Southampton / London: Macmillan and Co., 1911. url .
- The natural history of Selborne / by Gilbert White; with a critical and biographical intro. by George H. Ellwanger. N.Y.: D. Appleton and company, 1899, c1898. url p. 45.
- The natural history of Selborne by Gilbert White; edited with notes by Grant Allen; illustrated by Edmund H. New. London;J. Lane, 1900. url .
- The natural history of Selborne: and the naturalist's calendar / by the Rev. Gilbert White; fully illustrated. London: Frederick Warne and Co., . url p. 63.
- The natural history of Selborne: with a naturalist's calendar and additional observations. / by Gilbert White; with a preface by Richard Jefferies. London: W. Scott, 1887. url p. 50.
- The natural history of Selborne; edited with notes by Grant Allen. .. London: Lane, 1902. url p. 78.
- The natural history of Selborne; with A naturalist's calendar & additional observations; with a pref. by Richard Jefferies. London: Scott, 1887. url p. 50.
- The natural history of animals: the animal life of the world in its various aspects and relations, London, The Gresham Publishing Company, 1903-04. url , , .
- The natural history of the USSR / Algirdas Knystautas; foreword by Vladimir Flint; [translation, John S. Scott]. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1987. url .
- The naturalist in Siluria (Herefordshire, Radnorshire, Brecknockshire and Glamorganshire). By Captain Mayne Reid. .. Philadelphia, Gebbie & Co., 1890. url p. 181.
- The naturalist in Siluria. London, S. Sonnenschein, 1889. url , .
- The new natural history, by Richard Lydekker. .. and R. Bowdler Sharpe, H.A. MacPherson, F.O. Pickard-Cambridge, W.R. Ogilvie Grant, C.J. Gahan, F.A. Bather, Edgar A. Smith, R.I. Pocock, M. Bernard, H. Bernard and R. Kirkpatr New York, Merrill and Baker[189-?] url p. 147.
- The new natural history. New York, Merrill, c1901. url p. 2507.
- The palatal dentition in squamate reptiles: morphology, development, attachment, and replacement / D. Luke Mahler, Maureen Kearney. 108 2006 Chicago, Ill.: Field Museum of Natural History, c2006. url p. 26.
- The pineal organ; the comparative anatomy of median and lateral eyes, with special reference to the origin of the pineal body; and a description of the human pineal organ considered from the clinical and surgical stand by Reginald J. Gladstone and Cecil P. G. Wakeley. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1940. url p. 20, p. 246, p. 254, p. 255, p. 258, p. 264, p. 271, p. 281, p. 481, p. 505, p. 509, p. 525, p. 6, p. 62, p. 77.
- The popular natural history / New York, Burt Co.[1884?] url .
- The reptile book, a comprehensive popularised work on the structure and habits of the turtles, tortoises, corcodilians, lizards and snakes which inhabit the United States and Northern Mexico. New York, Doubleday, 1920. url , .
- The reptile book; a comprehensive popularised work on the structure and habits of the turtles, tortoises, crocodilians, lizards and snakes which inhabit the United States and northern Mexico. New York, Doubleday, Page, 1915. url p. 165, p. 168.
- The reptile book; a comprehensive, popularised work on the structure and habits of the turtles, tortoises, crocodilians, lizards and snakes which inhabit the United States and northern Mexico, by Raymond Lee Ditmars. .. eight plates in colour and more than four hundred photographs from life. New York: Doubleday, Page & Company, 1908 [c1907] url p. 165, p. 168.
- The ring of nature. With four illustrations by J. Ley Pethybridge. London: Methuen,  url p. 109.
- The river-side naturalist; notes on the various forms of life met with either in, on, or by the water, or in its immediate vicinity. Illus. with numerous woodcuts. London, Low, Marston, Searle, & Rivington, 1890. url p. 168.
- The royal natural history / edited by Richard Lydekker; with preface by P.L. Sclater; illustrated with seventy-two coloured plates and sixteen hundred engravings by W. Kuhnert. .. [et al.]. London: F. Warne, 1893-1896. url p. 147.
- The royal natural history. With pref. by P. L. Sclater. Illustrated with 72 col. plates and 1600 engravings. London, F. Warne, 1893-96. url p. 147.
- The standard natural history / edited by John Sterling Kingsley. Boston: S.E. Cassino, 1884-85. url p. 426.
- The story of evolution; facts and theories on the development of life, by Benjamin C. Gruenberg. Garden City, N.Y., Garden City Pub. Co.[c1929] url p. 99.
- The story of reptile life / by W.P. Pycraft. London; Hodder and Stoughton, [1905?]. url p. 107, p. 93.
- The story of the universe, told by great scientists and popular authors; collected and ed. by Esther Singleton. New York: P.F. Collier and Son, [c1905] url p. 1388, p. 1391.
- The study of animal life / J. Arthur Thomson. London: J. Murray, 1892. url p. 260.
- The study of animal life / by J. Arthur Thomson. New York: Scribner, 1917. url , p. 282.
- The study of animal life, New York, C. Scribner's sons [printed at the Edinburgh press]1896. url .
- The survey of western Palestine. The fauna and flora of Palestine, by H. B. Tristram. London, The Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund, 1884. url p. 152.
- The vertebrate eye and its adaptive radiation [by] Gordon Lynn Walls. Bloomfield Hills, Mich., Cranbrook Institute of Science, 1942 url p. 633.
- The vertebrate fauna of Cheshire and Liverpool Bay / London: Witherby, 1910. url p. 6.
- The vivarium, being a practical guide to the construction, arrangement, and management of vivaria, containing full information as to all reptiles suitable as pets, how and where to obtain them, and how to keep them by the Rev. Gregory C. Bateman. London: L.U. Gill, 1897. url p. 2, p. 4.
- The wanderings of animals, by Hans Gadow. .. Cambridge [Eng.]University Press;1913. url p. 101.
- The wonder of life, London, A. Melrose, Ltd. url .
- The wonder of life, by Arthur Thomson. London, A Melrose, ltd.1914. url p. 609.
- The wonder of life, by J. Arthur Thomson. New York: Henry Holt & co.,  url p. 609.
- Tooth replacement phenomena in the lower vertebrates / [Toronto]: Royal Ontario Museum, c1960. url p. 61, p. 63, p. 75, p. 76, p. 80.
- Transactions of the Canadian Institute. Toronto: Canadian Institute. url p. 255.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Field Naturalists' and Microscopical Society. [Edinburgh]: The Club, 1891- url p. 171, p. 341.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London. London: [The Society], 1879- url , p. 193.
- Unexplored Spain, London, E. Arnold, 1910. url .
- Unexplored Spain, by Abel Chapman. .. and Walter J. Buck. .. with 209 illustrations by Joseph Crawhall, E. Caldwell, and Abel Chapman and from photographs. London, E. Arnold, 1910. url p. 394.
- Vertebrate zoo?logy, New York, Macmillan, 1920. url , .
- Vertebrate zoölogy, by Horatio Hackett Newman New York, The Macmillan company, 1920 url p. 250, p. 251.
- Wild creatures of garden and hedgerow / by Frances Pitt. London: Constable and company ltd., 1920. url p. 259.
- Zoological classification; a handy book of reference with tables of the subkingdoms, classes, orders, etc., of the animal kingdom, their characters and lists of the families and principal genera. London, J. Van Voorst, 1880. url p. 201.
- Zoologische Jahrbücher. Abteilung für Anatomie und Ontogenie der Tiere Jena [Germany]:G. Fischer, c -1993. url p. 1, p. 162, p. 2, p. 216, p. 223, p. 230, p. 231, p. 242, p. 278, p. 294, p. 300, p. 402, p. 430, p. 439, p. 465, p. 488, p. 500, p. 757, p. 765, p. 767, p. 768.
- Zoologische Jahrbücher. Jena [Germany]: G. Fischer, 1910-1993. url p. 537.
- Zoology / by Alex. Macalister; specially revised for America by A.S. Packard. New York: Henry Holt and Company, 1879. url p. 43.
- Zoology of the vertebrate animals. Specially revised for American students by A.S. Packard. New York, Holt, 1878. url p. 43.
- Zoology, a textbook for college and university students, by F. E. Chidester. New York, D. Van Nostrand, 1932. url p. 558.
- Zoology: an elementary text-book. Cambridge: Univ. Press, 1920. url , .
- Zöology; a textbook for colleges and universities, by T. D. A. Cockerell. Yonkers-on-Hudson, N. Y., World book company, 1920. url p. 364, p. 364, p. 541, p. 541.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 and ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed February 2, 2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed February 27, 2008. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 12 providers.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 and ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- TIGR Reptile Database . Release date: October 2, 2007
- Uetz, Peter. The Reptile Database
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal February 27, 2008:
- Biologiezentrum der Oberoesterreichischen Landesmuseen: Biologiezentrum Linz
- California Academy of Sciences: CAS Herpetology Collection Catalog
- Carnegie Museums: Amphibians and Reptiles
- European Environment Agency: EUNIS
- Finnish Museum of Natural History: Hatikka Observation Data Gateway
- GBIF-Sweden: Herpetology (NRM)
- Institute of Nature Conservation PAS: Atlas of the Amphibians and Reptiles of Poland
- Institute of Nature Conservation PAS: National System of Proetcted Areas
- Marine Science Institute, UCSB: Paleobiology Database
- Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard University: MCZ Herpetology Collection - Reptile Database
- Museum of Vertebrate Zoology: Terrestrial vertebrate specimens
- UK National Biodiversity Network: Biological Records Centre - Reptiles and Amphibians Dataset
- UK National Biodiversity Network: Highland Biological Recording Group - HBRG Fish and Herptiles dataset
- UK National Biodiversity Network: Scottish Borders Biological Records Centre - SWT Scottish Borders Local Wildlife Site Survey data 1996-2000 - species information
- UK National Biodiversity Network: The Herpetological Conservation Trust - The HCT Rare Species Database
- UK National Biodiversity Network: Wiltshire and Swindon Biological Records Centre - Reptile Records for Wiltshire 1900 - 2003
- University of Navarra, Museum of Zoology: Museum of Zoology, University of Navarra
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2536237
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: Rep-8918
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 2468095
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 609388