- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Bateson, 1885
- Cuvier, 1812
- Infraphylum: Gnathostomata () - auct. - Jawed Vertebrates
- Subphylum: Vertebrata () - Cuvier, 1812 - Vertebrates
- Phylum: Chordata () - Bateson, 1885 - Chordates
- Infrakingdom: Chordonia () - (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Deuterostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Members of the genus Acipenser
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 36 species and subspecies in this genus:
A. baerii (Long-Nosed Siberian Sturgeon) · A. baerii baerii (Lena River Sturgeon) · A. baerii baicalensis (Baikal Sturgeon) · A. baerii baikalensis (Baikal Sturgeon) · A. baerii stenorrhynchus (Lena River Sturgeon) · A. baeri stenorrhynchus (Lena River Sturgeon) · A. brevirostris (Short-Nosed Little Sturgeon) · A. brevirostrum (Short-Nosed Little Sturgeon) · A. dabryanus (Dabry´s Sturgeon) · A. dauricus (Great Siberian Sturgeon) · A. fulvescens (Lake Sturgeon) · A. gueldenstaedti (Caspian Sturgeon) · A. gueldenstaedtii (Caspian Sturgeon) · A. gueldenstaedti brandt (Azov-Black Sea Sturgeon) · A. huso (European Sturgeon) · A. medirostris (Barbel Sturgeon) · A. mikadoi (Sakhalin Sturgeon) · A. multiscutatus (Japanese Sturgeon) · A. naccari (Adriatic Sturgeon) · A. naccarii (Adriatic Sturgeon) · A. nudiventris (American Atlantic Sturgeon) · A. oxyrhynchus (Atlantic Sturgeon) · A. oxyrhynchus oxyrhynchus (Atlantic Sturgeon) · A. oxyrinchus (American Atlantic Sturgeon) · A. oxyrinchus desotoi (Gulf Sturgeon) · A. oxyrinchus oxyrinchus (American Atlantic Sturgeon) · A. persicus (Persian Sturgeon) · A. plecostomus (Suckermouth Catfish) · A. ruthenus (Sterlet Sturgeon) · A. schrencki (Japanese Sturgeon) · A. schrenckii (Japanese Striped Loach) · A. sinensis (Chinese Sturgeon) · A. stellatus (Stellate Sturgeon) · A. stenorrhynchus (Long-Nosed Siberian Sturgeon) · A. sturio (Atlantic Sturegon) · A. transmontanus (Sacramento Sturgeon)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... Catalogue of the fishes of New York. By Tarleton H. Bean. .. Albany, University of the state of New York, 1903. url p. 66.
- ... The fishes of Illinois, [Danville, Ill.]Pub. by authority of the State Legislature url , .
- ... The fishes of Illinois, by Stephen Alfred Forbes. .. and Robert Earl Richardson, A.M. [Danville, Ill.]: Pub. by authority of the state Legislature,  url , p. 24.
- ... The genera of fishes. .. A contribution to the stability of scientific nomenclature. By David Starr Jordan. Stanford University, Calif., The University, 1917-1920. url p. 113, p. 178.
- A bibliography of fishes, by Bashford Dean. .. New York: American Museum of Natural History, 1916-1923. url p. 196.
- A biological survey of the waters of Woods Hole and vicinity / By Francis B. Sumner, Raymond C. Osburn, and Leon J. Cole. Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1913 url p. 594.
- A catalogue of the fishes known to inhabit the waters of North America, north of the Tropic of Cancer, with notes on the species discovered in 1883 and 1884, by David Starr Jordan. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1885. url p. 13.
- A guide to the study of fishes, New York, H. Holt, 1905. url .
- A guide to the study of fishes, by David Starr Jordan. .. New York, H. Holt and Company, 1905. url p. 19, p. 20, p. xi.
- A history of Scandinavian fishes / by B. Fries, C. U. Ekström and C. Sundevall; with coloured plates by W. von Wright and text illustrations. Stockholm: P.A. Norstedt & söner, 1892-1895. url p. 1060.
- A history of fishes; illus. by W. P. C. Tenison. New York, A. A. Wyn, 1949. url p. 104.
- A manual of land and fresh water vertebrate animals of the United States (exclusive of birds) by Henry Sherring Pratt. .. with 184 illustrations. Philadelphia, Blakiston's[c1923] url p. 30.
- A manual of the vertebrate animals of the northern United States: including the district north and east of the Ozark mountains, south of the Laurentian hills, north of the southern boundary of Virginia, and east of the Missouri river, inclusive of marine species / Chicago:A. C. McClurg, 1916. url .
- A plan for an educational exhibit of fishes. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1910. url p. 1332.
- A preliminary report of the fishes of Minnesota. .. Saint Paul, Minn., 1897. url .
- A synopsis of the fishes of North America / by David Humphreys Storer. Cambridge: Metcalf, 1846. url p. 248.
- A synoptic list of the fishes known to occur within fifty miles of Chicago, by S. E. Meeks and S. F. Hildebrand. Chicago, 1910. url p. 236.
- A textbook in general zoology, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company url .
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 110, p. 195.
- Addresses and papers. Ithaca, N.Y., 1898. url p. 2.
- American fishes; a popular treatise upon the game and food fishes of North America, with especial reference to habits and methods of capture, Boston, L. C. Page[c1903]. url , .
- American food and game fishes. A popular account of all the species found in America north of the equator, with keys for ready identification, life histories and methods of capture, . by David Starr Jordan...and Barton Warren Evermann...illustrated with colored plates and text drawings, and with photographs from life, by A. Radclyffe Dugmore. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page & Co., 1908. url , .
- American food and game fishes: A popular account of all the species found in America north of the equator, with keys of ready identification, life histories and methods of capture New York: Doubleday, Page & co., 1902. url , , p. 10.
- American food and game fishes: a popular account of all the species found in America, north of the equator, with keys for ready identification, life histories and methods of capture, by David Starr Jordan and Barton Warren Evermann; with photos. from life by A. Radclyffe Dugmore. New York: Doubleday, Page, 1908, c1902. url , , p. 10.
- An introduction to neurology, by C. Judson Herrick. Philadelphia, W. B. Saunders, 1915. url p. 152, p. 317.
- An introduction to the natural history of fishes: being the article "Ichthyology, " from. .. the Encyclopædia Britannica / by James Wilson. 1838 Edinburgh, etc.: Adam and Charles Black, [et al.]1838. url p. 230.
- An introduction to zoology for the use of high schools / by R. Ramsay Wright. Toronto: Copp, Clark, 1889. url .
- An introduction to zoology, for the use of High schools. Toronto: Copp, Clark, 1889. url p. 73.
- Anatomischer Anzeiger. Jena: G. Fischer, 1886- url p. 246, p. 580.
- Animal and plant life in Oklahoma, Norman, 1917. url .
- Animal biology / by Robert H. Wolcott. New York; McGraw-Hill Book Company, Inc., 1940. url p. 615.
- Animal communities in temperate America: as illustrated in the Chicago region; a study in animal ecology / by Victor E. Shelford. .. Chicago, Ill.: Published for the Geographic Society of Chicago by the University of Chicago Press, [c1937] url p. 355, p. 85.
- Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. New York, New York Academy of Sciences. url p. 120.
- Annual report / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, c1904-1920. url p. 66.
- Annual report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, -1965. url p. 194.
- Annual report of the Commissioner of Fisheries to the Secretary of Commerce for the fiscal year ended. .. Washington: G.P.O., 1914-1940. url p. 13, p. 53.
- Annual report of the New York Zoological Society. New York: The Society, 1897- url p. 118.
- Annual report of the Ohio State Academy of Science. Columbus: The Academy, 1893-1930. url p. 19.
- Annual report on the New York State Museum of Natural History. Albany, Regents of the University of the State of New York. url p. 92.
- Bibliographia zoologiæ et geologiæ. A general catalogue of all books, tracts, and memoirs on zoology and geology. London, Ray society, 1848-54. url .
- Biological series. TorontoUniversity Press [etc.]1898-1956. url p. 113, p. 142, p. 174, p. 58, p. 61.
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 66, p. 739.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url , p. 1105, p. 1126, p. 1135, p. 404, p. 493.
- Bulletin from the laboratories of natural history of the State University of Iowa. Iowa City, Iowa: The University, 1888-. url p. 164, p. 287.
- Bulletin of the Buffalo Society of Natural Sciences. Buffalo, N.Y.: Buffalo Society of Natural Sciences, 1873- url p. 97.
- Bulletin of the Bureau of Fisheries. Washington, D.C.: Govt. Print. Off., 1905-1950. url p. 1332, p. 331, p. 333, p. 348.
- Bulletin of the Illinois State Laboratory of Natural History. Bloomington, Ill.: The Laboratory, 1876-1918. url , , , , p. 299, p. 302, p. 308, p. 51, p. 71.
- Bulletin of the Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard College. 45 1904 Cambridge, Mass.: The Museum, 1863- url p. 192.
- Bulletin of the United States Fish Commission. Washington, The Commission, Govt. Print. Off. url p. 449.
- Bulletin of the United States Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories / Department of the Interior. Washington: Government Printing Office, 1874- url p. 413.
- Canadian fisherman. Gardenvale, Que. [etc.]National Business Publications [etc.] url p. 486.
- Catalogue of the fishes in the British Museum / by Albert Gu?nther. .. [Tokyo?]: Kagaku Kisho Hakkokai, Sho?wa 13 . url p. 338.
- Check list of the fishes of the Dominion of Canada and Newfoundland. Ottawa, Printed by C. H. Parmelee, 1913. url .
- Check list of the vertebrates of Ontario and catalogue of specimens in the Biological Section of the Provincial Museum. by C.W. Nash. Toronto: L.K. Cameron, 1908. url p. 14.
- Checklist of CITES Species: a reference to the appendices to the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora CITES url p. 53.
- Checklist of fish and invertebrates listed in the CITES appendices and in EC Regulation 338/97 JNCC url p. 1.
- Classification of the collection to illustrate the animal resources of the United States. A list of substances derived from the animal kingdom, with synopsis of the useful and injurious animals and a classification to the methods of capture and utilization. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1876. url .
- College zoology, New York, The Macmillan company, 1912 url p. 453.
- Commissioners' report. Toronto: Printed by Warwick & sons, 1892. url p. 440.
- Contents and index to volume 7, numbers 1 to 12, Zoological series / Charles B. Cory. 7 1912 Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1912. url p. 419, p. viii.
- Contributions to Canadian biology. Toronto, Biological Board of Canada. url p. 5.
- Contributions to North American ichthyology. Based primarily on the collections of the United States National Museum. Washington: Govt. print. off., 1877-78. url p. 216, p. 71.
- Copeia. [New York, N.Y., etc.]: American Society of Ichthyologists and Herpetologists. url p. 48.
- Copepod parasites of fresh-water fishes and their economic relations to mussel glochidia. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1916. url p. 348.
- Descriptive list of the fishes of Lorain County, Ohio / by Lewis M. McCormick. Oberlin, Ohio: Oberlin College, 1892. url .
- Encyclopaedia Britannica: a dictionary of arts, sciences, and general literature. Philadelphia, Hubbard, 1889. url p. 617.
- Explorations in the far North being a report of an expedition under the auspices of the University of Iowa during the years 1892, '93, and '94 / by Frank Russell. [Iowa City?]: State University of Iowa, 1898. url .
- Explorations in the far North, [Iowa City?]The University, 1898. url , .
- Explorations in the far North, by Frank Russell. Being the report of an expedition under the auspices of the University of Iowa during the years 1892, '93, and '94. [Iowa City?]The University, 1898. url p. 274.
- Fauna boreali-americana, or, The zoology of the northern parts of British America: containing descriptions of the objects of natural history collected on the late northern land expeditions, under command of Captain Sir John Franklin, R.N. / by John Richardson, surgeon and naturalist to the expeditions; assisted by William Swainson and the Reverend William Kirby. London: J. Murray [etc.], 1829-1837. url p. 278, p. 284, p. 311, p. 317.
- Fauna of New England. Boston, Printed for the [Boston] Society [of Natural History] from the Gurdon Saltonstall Fund, 1904-25. url p. 16.
- Fishcraft, a treatise on fresh water fish and fishing, with comments on the haunts and characteristics of the principal game fishes and food fishes, modes of angling for them suitable tackle, etc., by Willl Wildwood [pseud.] Cincinnati, Sportsman's digest, 1922. url p. 22.
- Fishery bulletin / U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Marine Fisheries Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service: url p. 166.
- Fishes and fishing; Saint Paul? Minn., c1907 url p. 100.
- Fishes, New York, H. Holt and Company, 1907. url .
- Fishing in American waters by Genio C. Scott; with one hundred and seventy illustrations. New York: Harper & Brothers, 1869. url p. 432.
- Fishing in American waters. By Genio C. Scott. New York, Harper & brothers, 1875. url p. 432.
- Fishing in American waters. New York, Harper & brothers url , p. 432.
- Forest, lake and river; the fishes of New England and eastern Canada / by Frank M. Johnson. Boston: Printed for subscribers [by University press] Cambridge, 1902. url p. 203.
- Fresh-water biology, New York, John Wiley & sons, inc.; [etc., etc.]1918. url .
- Fresh-water biology, by Henry Baldwin Ward. .. and George Chandler Whipple. .. with the collaboration of a staff of specialists. New York: Wiley, 1944, c1918. url p. 378.
- Guide to the Gallery of Fishes [London]: BM(NH), 1908 url p. 76.
- Illustrated natural history of the animal kingdom, being a systematic and popular description of the habits, structure, and classification of animals from the highest to the lowest forms, with their r New-YorkDerby & Jackson1859 url p. 431.
- Jenaische Zeitschrift für Naturwissenschaft. Jena, Gustav Fischer [etc.]. url p. 438, p. 516, p. 546, p. 564, p. 567, p. 777, p. 778.
- Journal of comparative neurology. Philadelphia, Pa.: Wistar Institute of Anatomy and Biology, [1911?- url .
- Journal of morphology. Boston: Ginn & Co., [1887-1924] url p. 416.
- List of the specimens of fish in the collection of the British Museum. LondonPrinted by order of the Trustees1851 url p. 16.
- Manual of the vertebrates of the northern United States, including the district east of the Mississippi River, and north of North Carolina and Tennessee, exclusive of marine species. Chicago, Jansen, McClurg, 1884. url p. 345.
- Memoirs of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. [Boston: The Academy, url p. 500.
- Memoirs of the Wistar Institute of Anatomy and Biology. Philadelphia: [s.n.], 1911-1915. url p. 100, p. 99.
- Minutes of the American Fisheries Society. Omaha, Neb. [etc: American Fisheries Society] url p. 118.
- Miscellaneous papers on the zoology of Michigan. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven, chief naturalist; pub. as a part of the Annual report of the Board of geological survey for 1915. Lansing, Mich.: W.H. Crawford Co., state printers, 1916. url p. 153.
- Monitore zoologico italiano. [Siena]: Instituto anatomico della R. Università di Siena, [1890-1988] url p. 199.
- Natural history of New York. .. Albany, D. Appleton & co. and Wiley & Putnam;1842-94. url p. 412.
- Natural history of New York. Albany: D. Appleton: 1842-1894. url p. 412.
- Natural history of Vermont. An address delivered at Boston, before the Boston society of natural history, June, 1850. Burlington: C. Goodrich, 1850. url p. 18.
- Natural history. A manual of zoölogy for schools, colleges, and the general reader New York, Scribner & co., 1867 url p. 355.
- Nature. London, Macmillan. url p. 177.
- Outlines of comparative anatomy and medical zoology. By Harrison Allen. .. Philadelphia, J.B. Lippincott & co., 1869. url p. 146.
- Pamphlets on forestry. Fish and game. [1900?- url p. 106.
- Parasites of fishes of the Woods Hole region. By Edwin Linton. .. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1901. url p. 435.
- Proceedings and papers of the National fishery congress, held at Tampa, Florida, January 19-24, 1898. .. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1898. url , p. 212.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 252, p. 255, p. 257, p. 42.
- Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society held at Philadelphia for promoting useful knowledge. Philadelphia: American Philosophical Society url p. 392.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 91, p. 91.
- Proceedings of the Boston Society of Natural History. Boston [etc.]Boston Society of Natural History. url p. 71.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 126, p. 519, p. 542, p. 55, p. 665, plate 97.
- Publication. Field Columbian Museum. Chicago, U.S.A.: The Museum, 1895-1909. url p. 236, p. 419, p. viii.
- Report of the Commissioner for. .. / United States Commission of Fish and Fisheries. Washington: G.P.O., 1874-1905. url , p. 14, p. 14, p. 209, p. 209, p. 222, p. 222, p. 226, p. 226, p. 233, p. 233, p. 234, p. 235, p. 235, p. 285, p. 285, p. 298, p. 329, p. 385, p. 424, p. 584, p. 663, p. 68, p. 707, p. 787, p. 791, p. 801.
- Report of the State Commissioners of Fisheries for the year. .. [Harrisburg: The Commissioners]: 187_-1899. url .
- Report of the United States Commissioner of Fisheries for the fiscal year. .. with appendixes Washington: G.P.O., 1914- url p. 194, p. 198, p. 535.
- Results of the Swedish zoological expedition to Egypt and the White Nile, 1901, under the direction of L.A. Jägerskiöld. [Uppsala]Library of the Royal University of Uppsala[1904-11] url p. 75.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 23 1882 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 71.
- Soft-rayed Bony fishes: class Osteichthyes, order Acipenseroidei, order Lepisostei, order Isospondyli, suborder Elopoidea, suborder Clupeoidea, suborder Salmonoidea / Henry B. Bigelow. .. [et al.]. New Haven, Conn.: Sears Foundation for Marine Research, Yale University, 1963. url p. 46.
- Special papers / Ohio Academy of Sciences. Columbus, Ohio: The Academy, 1899-1929. url p. 19.
- Synopsis of the fishes of North America. By David S. Jordan and Charles H. Gilbert. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1882. url p. 87.
- The American journal of science. 17(2) 1854 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 361.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 41 1927 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url bissett , whitehouse , whitehouse , p. 125, p. 127, p. 179, p. 179, p. 184, p. 210, p. 467, p. 50, p. 50.
- The Journal of the Cincinnati Society of Natural History. Cincinnati: The Society, 1878/79 [i.e. 1878 or 1879]-1945. url p. 166, p. 37.
- The Ottawa naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url , p. 60, p. 91.
- The days of a man, being memories of a naturalist, teacher and minor prophet of democracy. Yonkers-on-Hudson, N.Y.World book company1922 url p. 263.
- The days of a man: being memories of a naturalist, teacher, and minor prophet of democracy / Yonkers-on-Hudson, N. Y.: World Book Co., 1922. url .
- The distribution and food of the fishes of three Wisconsin lakes in summer. By A. S. Pearse. Madison, 1921. url p. 12.
- The fisheries and fishery industries of the United States. Prepared through the co-operation of the commissioner of fisheries and the superintendent of the tenth census by George Brown Goode. .. and a staff of associates. .. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1884-87. url p. 139, p. 140.
- The fisheries exhibition literature. .. London, W. Clowes, 1884. url p. 201.
- The fishes of Illinois / Stephen Alfred Forbes and Robert Earl Richardson. [Springfield, Ill.]Published by authority of the State of Illinois, 1920. url , , p. 24.
- The fishes of Illinois / by Stephen Alfred Forbes and Robert Earl Richardson. [Springfield, Ill.: Illinois State Journal Co.], 1919-1920. url p. 24, p. iv.
- The fishes of North and Middle America a descriptive catalogue of the species of fish-like vertebrates found in the waters of North America, north of the Isthmus of Panama / by David Starr Jordan and Barton Warren Evermann. Washington: G.P.O., 1898. url .
- The fishes of Pennsylvania: with descriptions of the species and notes on their common names, distribution, habits, reproduction, rate of growth and mode of capture / by Tarleton H. Bean. Harrisburg, Pa.: E.K. Meyers, 1893. url p. 8.
- The food and game fishes of New York: notes on their common names, distribution, habits and mode of capture. By Tarleton H. Bean. Albany, J. B. Lyon company, printers, 1903. url p. 267.
- The genera of fishes. ..: A contribution to the stability of scientific nomenclature / By David Starr Jordan. Stanford University, Calif.: The University, 1917-1920. url p. 113, p. 178.
- The journal of comparative neurology. [Granville, Ohio: Published by the Editors, Denison University, url p. 2.
- The lipids, their chemistry and biochemistry. New York, Interscience Publishers, 1951-57. url p. 906.
- The morphology and evolutional significance of the pineal body: being part I of a contribution to the study of the epiphysis cerebri with an interpretation of the morphological, physiological and clinical evidence / [by] Frederick Tilney and Luther F. Warren. Philadelphia: The Wistar Institute of Anatomy and Biology, 1919. url p. 99.
- The nervous system of vertebrates. London, Murray, 1907. url p. 16.
- The preservation of fishery products for food, Washington, Govt. print. off., 1899. url p. 502.
- The sportsman's gazetteer and general guide the game animals, birds and fishes of North America: their habits and various methods of capture: copious instructions in shooting, fishing, taxidermy, woodcraft, etc.: together with a directory to by Charles Hallock. New York: Forest and Stream, 1877. url .
- The vertebrates of the Cayuga Lake basin, N. Y., n.p., 1909? url .
- Transactions - American Fisheries Society. Lawrence, Kan. [etc.] url p. 119.
- Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science Topeka, Kan.: Geo. W. Martin. url p. 70.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 78.
- Transactions. Columbus, Ohio [etc.] url p. 192, p. 196.
- University of Kansas publications, Museum of Natural History. 17 1966 Lawrence, University of Kansas. url p. 162.
- Vertebrates of Ontario, by C. W. Nash. Department of Education, Toronto. Printed by order of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario Toronto, L. K. Cameron, 1908 url p. 14.
- Wild life of the world: a descriptive survey of the geographical distribution of animals / 2 London; F. Warne and co., 1916. url index, page 427.
- Zoologische Jahrbücher. Abteilung für Anatomie und Ontogenie der Tiere Jena [Germany]:G. Fischer, c -1993. url p. 158.
- Zoology of New York, or the New-York fauna: comprising detailed descriptions of all the animals hitherto observed within the state of New York, with brief notices of those occasionally found near its borders, and accompanied by appropriate illu by James De Kay. Albany: Printed by Carroll and Cook, printers to the Assembly [etc.], 1842-44. url p. 412.
- Zoology of New York; or, The New York Fauna; comprising detailed descriptions of all the animals hitherto observed within the state of New York, with brief notices of those occasionally found near its borders, and accompa by James E. De Kay. Albany: W. & A. White & J. Visscher: 1842-44. url , p. 344, p. 412.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 9, 2012.